We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Vanaala, there is neither the law nor the rule to stop you playing a woman warrior or woman anything else, just some people thinking they have the right to decide what is acceptable. Remember LOTRO gave to both males and females a weapon of choice to deal with the evil in the Middle Earth. It is up to you if you gonna swing a sword or a flower, or why not both as you see it fit!

Just a reminder:

13. You may not form or participate in groups whose ideology is based upon or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, nationalistic, racist or sexist philosophies.

22. Although the Game is a role-playing game, you may not claim “role-playing” in defense of any violation of the Code of Conduct.
    Last edited by Mirhaen; Sep 20 2017 at 12:24 PM.

Today, I saw someone with a name that didnt fit to an RP-Server on Belegear and wanted to submit a ticket... Then I found this:

Does this tell me these rules are no longer intact? Or is it just the same mask for all servers?

(Text says, there wont be any changes to names due to lore or because of unfitting to middle earth or fantasy)
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Today, I saw someone with a name that didnt fit to an RP-Server on Belegear and wanted to submit a ticket... Then I found this:

Does this tell me these rules are no longer intact? Or is it just the same mask for all servers?

(Text says, there wont be any changes to names due to lore or because of unfitting to middle earth or fantasy)
    There is no real problem in you asking.
    If their name is some obvious name filter dodge (Boromlr, Gandalph) or unfitting as in TheDonald or just plain rude, no harm in you poking a GM about it in f7.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    There is no real problem in you asking.
    If their name is some obvious name filter dodge (Boromlr, Gandalph) or unfitting as in TheDonald or just plain rude, no harm in you poking a GM about it in f7.
    It was actually an animal. Which would be okay as title or nickname, but imo just not as a name. And as its no name, imo it wasnt applying to RP-Servers naming rules. I mean, I dont know all fauna and flora of middle earth, but think its quite weird to have apes or tigers running around, especially if its characters that use those as names.
    So yea, ticket done anyway, in the end its the gms that decide. I just wondered why there was a text telling me that there wont be name changes for people whose names dont fit to middle earth or fantasy at all when looking for naming tickets on RP servers. Either that text is just the same on any servers (on nonRP-servers obviously there wont be changes as the rules never existed there that force names that fit to the world) or the text just told me the rules are dead.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

SSG obligation

all characters with a -1 or other numbers after their name coz of the server merging,
    MUST be forced to change their name!
    n that should be forced to be done in all servers!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    all characters with a -1 or other numbers after their name coz of the server merging,
    MUST be forced to change their name!
    n that should be forced to be done in all servers!
    Ha yes. I had a Masked on some tiny server, on server closures moved her and she's now Masked-1 and sounds like a bad rapper or something
    However, she's storage until I can come up with a proper name (and that's not even on a role-playing encouraged server, it just sounds too silly).
    Masked isn't a name I'd enjoy seeing on an RP server either but after server closures, I care a little less. That bit of immersion is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Ha yes. I had a Masked on some tiny server, on server closures moved her and she's now Masked-1 and sounds like a bad rapper or something
    However, she's storage until I can come up with a proper name (and that's not even on a role-playing encouraged server, it just sounds too silly).
    Masked isn't a name I'd enjoy seeing on an RP server either but after server closures, I care a little less. That bit of immersion is long gone.
    if you want i can help you with finding a name
    just tell me what you like
    2-3 things your name has to have or to show
    for example the name i use means, plough of the vala,
    the asterism of the great arctos
    the toon i m using it, is a captain in evernight n other servers
    i always use names with a meaning in lotro n not just letters in a row with a nice sound for my ears,
    or stupid names in native languages that other peole cant understand
    examples..... sokolatenios(made of chokolate), kryfitsoutsou(hiden male genetical organs)
    n many others
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Stobbit View Post
    What are these tomatoes? They sound very tasty. Sadly, we hobbits have no tomatoes so no tomato soup.

Tomatoes came from the Americas and so wouldn't be considered part of what was available in Middle-earth (unless specifically added in somewhere to the 'lore' , like taters/potatoes were). Also don't have yummy stuff like bell peppers and sweet corn, but for some reason we do have pumpkins.

But what about Bilbo's prize-winning tomatoes?

There are more than one American plants mentioned in the books, I would say most notably potatoes.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

There are more than one American plants mentioned in the books, I would say most notably potatoes.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

And yes, this is the thread we are talking about...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4