We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

@Scenario all landscape errors

Here is a complete list of the landscape/asset error I have witnessed in Gundabad in hopes that you will fix them. I dont have the before screenshot for all areas though.
    Firstly before and after of the Gladdemere showing the change from the normal rocks to the snowy witch can be seen over much of the Vales of Anduin

The gates of Gundabad now have snow on the ground and some of the walls

The Angmarim camps of Caivad Sar, Dun Traikh and a few other have had some of the buildings snowed on as well(this also occurs outside the Drearspire in Car Bronach but could be intentional)

There is a hole in Vernozal seen on the highest floor furthest from the entrance where you can see the sky box

Please could these errors be fixed as they ruin the beautiful landscapes you have produced
    due to image cap more will be posted bellow

Green=Fixed
    Orange=Semi-Fixed
    Red=Unfixed
    White=New/Prior to an update or Not errors

As of update 34 beta-1
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:57 PM.

In Ered Mithrin ice sheets can be seen outside of the anvil particularly around Wyrmgap and Stormwall areas

Hengi's leap in the Wells of Langflood and the Hadhodiant in the Vales of Andiun has changed from being completely grey to a mixture of Moria and Gundabad assets(one new loacation posted below but rest fixed)

In Angmar outside of Sammath Baul the pillars have changed to dwarf pillars from Gundabad
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:47 PM.

Senario probably didnt get rise on his salary this month so he started avenge SSG ;P.

Senario also willl come out and say in one way or another that all of this mess is "normal".
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    Senario probably didnt get rise on his salary this month so he started avenge SSG ;P.

Scenario also willl come out and say in one way or another that all of this mess is "normal".
    I really hope that's not what come to pass. Worldbuilding one of the two pillars that sustain LOTRO (other being the Epic and more elaborated quest chains around). It makes me really sad to witness those errors.

When I saw every last one of the rocks on the map of Azanulbizar, T.A. 2799 turn white with snow I thought that was by design and someone on world building team went berserk with the new painting tool and was putting snow everywhere - the map was very nice before already.

Hope Scenario gets the resources needed to fix it and that those mismatches don´t become systemic on LOTRO from now on. Still sad to think new players arriving to the areas are seeing this mess of a game now.
    Eruhil 140 RK ~ Erusen 140 Mns ~ Erudor 140 LM ~ Eruwe 140 Wdn ~ Eruhallar 140 Brw and many others

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post

Senario also willl come out and say in one way or another that all of this mess is "normal".
    Quote Originally Posted by Erusen View Post
    I really hope that's not what come to pass. Worldbuilding one of the two pillars that sustain LOTRO (other being the Epic and more elaborated quest chains around). It makes me really sad to witness those errors.

When I saw every last one of the rocks on the map of Azanulbizar, T.A. 2799 turn white with snow I thought that was by design and someone on world building team went berserk with the new painting tool and was putting snow everywhere - the map was very nice before already.

Hope Scenario gets the resources needed to fix it and that those mismatches don´t become systemic on LOTRO from now on. Still sad to think new players arriving to the areas are seeing this mess of a game now.
    Let's not spread rumors at least from Alaziana about what clearly isn't what is happening Behind the Scenes & for LOTRO.

The SSG LOTRO Team do fix such things and it helps when folks do a Bug Report & provide the /Loc from in-game. More info such as screenshots also help.

This isn't overnight work & going to be "Updated" for Landscape stuff ASAP unless there is something that is "Gamebreaking". They'll do X amount of work to roll out as many such changes in an Update down the line.

I reported a couple of landscape glitches as bug reports, in the last month. They appear to have been fixed. So be optimistic - expect good things!

Found another one outside of Torech Ungol on the Morgul Vale side where the rocks have turned from black to the white ones used in Clovengap

Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:52 PM.

All across Ram Duath some of the brown rocks have changed to grey as usual please fix

Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:35 PM.

Scenario is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Most of these are due to us making some changes to help improve performance. We have, in the rendering engine, the concept of "shared" and "unique" rendering groups for objects. Objects in Shared Rendering groups are better for performance, and in the Gundabad dev cycle, we changed a lot of assets to use that type of rendering mode. What does this mean? Well, the first time an object in a shared group loads into your video memory, it becomes "imprinted" and any other shared version of that object will just assume that's the texture it needs to use.

With a game as big as LOTRO, these kinds of changes always have risk. And we're seeing the halo effects here. They are very much on our radar and I'll be taking some time to address things as my bug cycles come up. Thanks a lot for pointing out the locations as you discover them - I'm familiar with many of the locations and will hopefully be able to tackle some of them in a bug fix patch soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Most of these are due to us making some changes to help improve performance. We have, in the rendering engine, the concept of "shared" and "unique" rendering groups for objects. Objects in Shared Rendering groups are better for performance, and in the Gundabad dev cycle, we changed a lot of assets to use that type of rendering mode. What does this mean? Well, the first time an object in a shared group loads into your video memory, it becomes "imprinted" and any other shared version of that object will just assume that's the texture it needs to use.

With a game as big as LOTRO, these kinds of changes always have risk. And we're seeing the halo effects here. They are very much on our radar and I'll be taking some time to address things as my bug cycles come up. Thanks a lot for pointing out the locations as you discover them - I'm familiar with many of the locations and will hopefully be able to tackle some of them in a bug fix patch soon!
    Why you need someone to mention this? It is not specific locations that this mechanic of the game is bugs out but there are whole regions that being destroyed.

Angmar
    Morgul vale
    Grey Mountains
    Vales of Anduin
    Elderslades
    Wells of Langfloods.

You don't see them with your "Eagle view" as you proceed to the game?

So do not wait for players to manually point out with coordination numbers . Just take a time and cross from every region above and try to Undo the whole system. The regions are unplayable cause its an eyeshore .

Btw lags are not fixed anyway so don't need to worry about lags.
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    "The regions are unplayable cause its an eyeshore .

Btw lags are not fixed anyway so don't need to worry about lags."

To say this is ridiculous is an understatement. Lag has reached levels that bother all of us and outright drives away new and returning players. No issue is more important for the health of the game than fixing lag. All efforts to improve the situation and to get a better understanding of what works and what doesn't work are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    "The regions are unplayable cause its an eyeshore .

Btw lags are not fixed anyway so don't need to worry about lags."

To say this is ridiculous is an understatement. Lag has reached levels that bother all of us and outright drives away new and returning players. No issue is more important for the health of the game than fixing lag. All efforts to improve the situation and to get a better understanding of what works and what doesn't work are appreciated.
    What is the point to destroy one part of the game in order to fix another? I mean in that case just remove every asset in the game and make the world completely flat and put a Sign "Here is Angmar" "Here is North Downs" etc... then yes we have zero lags but zero game.

The game engine need a completely revamp from scratch. If the problem of lags are the assets in the world building then why did they even made Minas Tirith/Mogrul and Gundabad for example that are providing "assets consolidation" mess? . In that case just turn back to minimalism that early game use to have and what made Eriador unique.

Few more i found:
    Firstly there is the Falconers tower in North downs that seems to take on the appearance of the Bree-lands equivalent

And in the wild wood just outside the Trestlebridge pathway the rocks have changed shade of grey i believe the lighter shade is the intended look however(I will make a new post below but basically rocks are still slightly off from what I can tell)
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:46 PM.

Another few I found post update:
    firstly you fixed the Hadhodiant's textures but seem to either had made some of it invisible or missing

You also fixed the snow problem in the vales but now there is a new problem of (slightly snowy rocks which may be intended but I dont remember), black rocks and even ice being mixed in to the standard grey rocks(Extra Black and slightly snowy rocks still present)maybe intended?

And finally in Thokvist in the Wells of Langflood and through out the northern Vales of Anduin some of the rocks have changed texture to the halls of memory texture

Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skohgar View Post
    Another few I found post update:
    You also fixed the snow problem in the vales but now there is a new problem of (slightly snowy rocks which may be intended but I dont remember), black rocks and even ice being mixed in to the standard grey rocks
    And finally in Thokvist in the Wells of Langflood and through out the northern Vales of Anduin some of the rocks have changed texture to the halls of memory texture
    Where were you prior to seeing these issues? At lot of fixing these issues is as much knowing where the "sticky" textures are coming from as it is making adjustments at the site where the issue is observed.

For the falconers tower I came up from Bree

For the vales of Anduin and wells of Langflood i had been in Gundabad and Ered Mithrin

For the wildwood one i had run across Shire Evendim and Wildwood

I also found this new one in Angmar in Carn Dum which I found after the Vales ones so same places as them

Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:54 PM.

In Ost Celebrant, Great River some of the wall pieces are cleaner than they should be

And in Garsfeld, Eastern Rohan a good portion of the rocks are more bluish

I noticed these while leveling on my legendary server alt mirkood-> ride through Lorien -> Great river -> Rohan. I checked on my main (porting from Rivendell to Snowbourn then using swift horse to Garsfeld and Harwick) and the texture bug was still present on the freshly logged charecter.

A more pressing matter are the Sutcrofts buildings. Ages ago the majority of the houses in Snowbourn town and Garslfeld were changed (or bugged?) to a burned down/charred or a lighter wood textures. Note that there wasn't any notice or explanation about these changes, so i don't think they were intented. Also all other towns in the Eastemnet have a uniformed texture pattern for the buildings. Both Snowbourn and Garsfeld had these gorgeous stone brick wall and reddish wood beam textures. For evidence it's an older picture from the wiki, all of the buildings use the same textures.

Also the correct roof texture is even visible on the minimap in the live game.

Today they look like some kind of frankentowns. for example

The main part of the left building has the correct textures while the entrance hall of the same building the charred version. The building in the back uses the lighter wood textures for its main body but the small tower on its roof uses the correct textures. Some buildings were completely changed and others remained using the correct textures. Please fix them, it has been this for years, there are new players who never experienced the Sutcrofts in its full glory.

Dont know if you would count this as a landscape error but with the introduction of per pixel lighting it has become more apparent which textures have glow map errors which can be seen in the Falconers tower above and is especially bad in Angmar.
    I will share some of the textures below and Locs but don't know if you are really focused on fixing the glow map errors as they have been present for quite some time.
    This tower texture in Dun Covad

You are on [EN] Evernight server 57 at r1 lx1089 ly1295 ox39.87 oy141.17 oz447.63 h296.7. Game timestamp 470222012.833

This fountain in Frith-vailë
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 36 at r1 lx1118 ly1218 ox123.69 oy40.33 oz419.25 h73.1. Game timestamp 470223279.451.
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 04:55 PM.

This again isn't really a landscape error but textures:
    Firstly the fell beasts in the shadow roost when they die change texture for example the boss looks like this

but when it dies it looks like this

This is the same for the rest on the fell beasts in the instance that have red wings but when the die change to black wings and I can only assume this isn't intended?

Next the last boss called the Dunlending Captain in the Instance Midnight Raid in Eregion has its texture broken to where his face renders 2d it gave me a good laugh when I did it on the legendary server recently but looked rather weird and should be fixed.
    (For the dunlending I didnt go to confirm as the instance is rather tricky to solo and I didnt have the time but I assume since the fell beasts wernt fixed the captain wasnt either)
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 05:14 PM.

More Angmar Errors:
    These were found same as the last Angmar error so I went from Gundabad to Ered Mithrin through Wells of Langflood and Vales of Anduin and also I guess Rivendell before I reached Angmar
    1.Missing texture at bottom of this building
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 13 at r1 lx1131 ly1345 ox61.06 oy31.62 oz635.32 h174.4. Game timestamp 470221534.698

2.Gundabad Texture at bottom of this archway
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 13 at r1 lx1129 ly1343 ox20.66 oy142.21 oz680.67 h1.4. Game timestamp 470221679.852.

3.More rock texture errors across Angmar from Carn Dum through Fasach Larran and Falroid and Even up to Imlad Balchoth
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 34 at r1 lx1076 ly1320 ox93.92 oy3.86 oz447.44 h212.3. Game timestamp 470221892.751
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 57 at r1 lx1068 ly1281 ox98.54 oy37.62 oz474.96 h46.4. Game timestamp 470222300.613.
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 22 at r1 lx1160 ly1280 ox4.49 oy13.97 oz427.15 h296.7. Game timestamp 470223644.858.

Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 05:04 PM.

4.You fixed the Majority of Ram Duath but still some grey and even black textures get through toward the north Especially(The black is hard to see at the top of the water falls they grey is very noticable)(Grey rocks have comeback for some reason across all of Ram Duath)
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 61 at r1 lx1086 ly1213 ox131.63 oy110.58 oz389.73 h85.8. Game timestamp 470223139.242

5.Items without physics
    Firstly rocks in Falsch Falroid,the rocks of a ledge in Ram Duath,this rock in Aughaire which also has light coming off it and finally a rock in Dolroth that you sink into(All fixed appart from the lighting and the ledge/cliff in Ram Duath which I will post below)
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 23 at r1 lx1079 ly1255 ox147.12 oy157.97 oz380.13 h90.0. Game timestamp 470222473.849
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 66 at r1 lx1071 ly1210 ox155.57 oy55.51 oz576.99 h47.8. Game timestamp 470223040.642
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 23 at r1 lx1077 ly1240 ox100.18 oy17.71 oz426.75 h90.0. Game timestamp 470222584.541.
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 61 at r1 lx1248 ly1233 ox6.25 oy30.47 oz365.70 h88.6. Game timestamp 470224080.467.

Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 20 2022 at 05:17 PM.

Some more including glow texture errors if you are interested in fixing those as well

1.Ered Luin dead coniferous tree (glow error)
    You are on Treebeard server 23 at r1 lx492 ly1044 ox81.58 oy97.50 oz512.31 h7.0. Game timestamp 27254733.349.

2.Ered Luin tree 2 (glow error) all tree types in this spider area
    You are on Treebeard server 18 at r1 lx503 ly998 ox158.47 oy122.17 oz451.88 h83.0. Game timestamp 27298139.503.

3.Yondershire Bar Faroth star (glow error)

4.Thorins Gate , gate, statue and doors(door may be intended cant remember how it looked before)(glow error)
    You are on Treebeard server 26 at r1 lx435 ly1089 ox75.73 oy35.02 oz613.95 h1.4. Game timestamp 27254966.358.
    You are on Treebeard server 26 at r1 lx435 ly1098 ox73.15 oy53.71 oz621.69 h330.5. Game timestamp 27255008.958.
    You are on Treebeard server 26 at r1 lx436 ly1106 ox80.76 oy53.63 oz656.27 h347.3. Game timestamp 27255092.580.

5.shire water hole,idk about this one just looks out of place in Brokenborings
    You are on Treebeard server 48 at r1 lx788 ly970 ox91.63 oy56.24 oz359.11 h38.0. Game timestamp 27508337.343.

6.Bridge Fields Wall floating objects
    You are on Treebeard server 46 at r1 lx823 ly938 ox150.69 oy49.64 oz379.11 h129.4. Game timestamp 27508551.177.

7.Path way to and including Balach Iaran,the Iron Pass doesn't appear on the mini map?
    Dont have enough room for image but I assume you did this to hide it from us as you developed Gundabad
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 26 2022 at 05:22 PM.

New set of errors/bugs

1.Small Bree-land tree glow error (hard to see in this image but its on the small trees leaves in the middle)(probably fixed but so hard to see in the first place)
    You are on Treebeard server 44 at r1 lx878 ly951 ox138.85 oy145.83 oz364.07 h28.1. Game timestamp 27597121.907.

2.Bree-land rock glow error
    You are on Treebeard server 14 at r1 lx970 ly966 ox52.31 oy135.79 oz417.84. Game timestamp 27597627.402.

3.Ost Guruth guard that t-poses and holds two bows for some reason (this is the only one I found doing this)(T-posing fixed but still holds two bows)

4.Lighting around combe and combe lumber camp(the lanterns provide too much light when per pixel lighting is activated)(Mostly fixed still some spots I will post below)
    You are on Treebeard server 35 at r1 lx995 ly954 ox62.73 oy47.90 oz397.50 h42.2. Game timestamp 28018161.391.

5.Siege of Gondamon stairs-glow error
    You are on Treebeard server 11 at r1 lx498 ly1041 i33 ox58.09 oy22.79 oz541.84 h271.4. Game timestamp 28704179.072.

6.The most important error to ever inflict the LOTRO servers(net sticks through the constables roof)
    You are on Treebeard server 22 at r1 lx989 ly924 ox107.70 oy92.37 oz398.33 h46.4. Game timestamp 28446467.951.
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 26 2022 at 05:31 PM.

7.Bree-land swamp tree glow error(hard to see but noticeable at the bottom of the tree)(probably fixed but hard to see in the first place)
    You are on Treebeard server 17 at r1 lx1004 ly923 ox91.80 oy70.42 oz381.27 h26.7. Game timestamp 28442675.479

8.Lighting on banner outside the Staddle weapons and armour shop (the front side is dark and the back is light on the left banner and the opposite for the right banner )
    You are on Treebeard server 22 at r1 lx973 ly933 ox105.62 oy111.58 oz408.75 h313.6. Game timestamp 28443747.565.

9.glow error in chicken coup
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 35 at r2 lx853 ly641 ox117.97 oy29.80 oz208.99 h16.9. Game timestamp 471845825.882.

10.Cliving glow errors(the watch towers and mead hall have glow error on the stone brick parts and the smooth grass in the gardens of some houses)
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 47 at r2 lx890 ly802 ox42.86 oy47.63 oz387.43 h29.5. Game timestamp 471846640.844
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 47 at r2 lx911 ly814 ox159.45 oy121.04 oz424.91 h90.0. Game timestamp 471846922.803.
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 47 at r2 lx903 ly811 ox148.30 oy72.82 oz411.98 h233.4. Game timestamp 471846983.433.

11.Cliving/whole Wildermore border lighting problem (when using per pixel lighting on the cliff border of the two areas the whole wall have random shadows on the rocks and even the white wall fences in Cliving have really strange shadows that are hard to demonstrate with out experiencing them in game with the per pixel lighting activated yourself) -also entrance to Wyrmdelf has a glow error(cliffs seem alot better with lighting but the town itself especially the walls still flicker when moving)
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 51 at r2 lx848 ly789 ox7.66 oy107.65 oz347.25 h23.9. Game timestamp 471846447.147.
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 47 at r2 lx894 ly804 ox136.53 oy87.01 oz401.51 h353.0. Game timestamp 471846731.576.
    before per pixel

after per pixel

12.Not an actual landscape error as these rocks have always been like this as far as I can remember but they are completely different from their surrounding and therefore look out of place
    You are on [EN] Evernight server 51 at r2 lx795 ly834 ox72.84 oy48.14 oz330.42 h112.5. Game timestamp 471847336.865
    not enough room for image but its the two yellow/brown rocks

Thanks for fixing previous errors hope you can do the same with these when you get the chance.
    Last edited by Skohgar; Oct 26 2022 at 05:49 PM.

As always - thank you all for sharing these bugs. I highly encourage you, if you have not done so already, to use our bug submission tools to file bugs on locations as you discover them. Always include the /loc information (coordinates are not very useful. If you are reporting an issue with the incorrect texture on an asset, please make sure to include information about where you were prior to seeing this issue as the bug may need to be fixed at that location instead of the reported location.

Next up - I appreciate all the bugs here, but the intent of this thread was mostly to focus on those incorrect texture issues noted through the majority of the thread, not on other minor world bugs. Please use the submit bug tools - in game or here on the forums (https://help.standingstonegames.com/...form_id=438007). Those bugs do get reviewed and processed by our QA team and do make it into our queues.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast