We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hello fellow champs

Hello my fellow chimps,

time to nerf the champion, what changes do you think are objectively correct to address and are not required in PvE?

My list:
    • Champ duel slow need to be removed
    • Sprint from 1min cd to 2min with a removal of the tracery
    • CBR duration needs a nerf
    • DPS rampup needs a nerf
    • Bracing attack should be nerfed from X% to 12-15%, or remove the tracery. Also, Bracing attack shouldn't be able to crit
    • Dire need should be traitline bound, thus not being traitable in red, or nerfed in redline.

Objectively, for a heavy melee dps class, the champion has been overperforming significantly in terms of survivability that it shouldn't have. This toolkit requires somewhat of a nerf, especially champ duel & sprint, as that usually is used to bypass raid mechanics.
    WhiteGoliath

Here we go again. *sigh*

[*]Champ duel slow need to be removed
    Why? I read somewhere that it ignores Combat State Immunity of bosses. If that is your point, fix it so bosses are immune.

[*]Sprint from 1min cd to 2min with a removal of the tracery
    Sprint base CD should be increased (2 min is quite low). Tracery could be nerfed a bit (lower sprint duration bonus). I don't see why it should be completely removed.

[*]CBR duration needs a nerf
    Why? It's 15 seconds Combat State Immunity.

[*]DPS rampup needs a nerf
    Mmmh. I don't even see how this should be accomplished. Champ is all about instant damage.

[*]Bracing attack should be nerfed from X% to 12-15%, or remove the tracery. Also, Bracing attack shouldn't be able to crit
    Naah. 25% is fine. Tracery is also fine, since you need to sacrifice a LI slot. Crit part is a bit on the OP side and could be removed.

[*]Dire need should be traitline bound, thus not being traitable in red, or nerfed in redline.
    Why? You need to invest quite a bit of skill points to get it when in red/yellow, seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    Hello my fellow chimps
    lol don't pretend you even play the class.

what changes do you think are objectively correct to address and are not required in PvE?
    Well, objectively there's basically nothing in the class right now that is causing any effect on challenging PvE content so as to make it not, or less, challenging, you can do Tier 3 and 4 HH raid without even bringing a single Champ and the raid will be literally no different, or probably somewhat faster.

Champ duel slow need to be removed
    Why? Bosses are immune to this slow, it has basically no impact on any content. Bosses that are not immune should just be fixed so that they are.

Sprint from 1min cd to 2min with a removal of the tracery
    Why? What content or mechanics are currently being avoided in endgame because of this? I do agree it's over-tuned, but it doesn't need to be nerfed back to its old 5min cooldown garbage, and it has no impact on anything except - as stated prior - PvP.

CBR duration needs a nerf
    lol no it does not. Not at all. There is basically no PvE content at endgame right now that has you using it as anything more than a 5 fervour animation cancel or single stun break.

DPS rampup needs a nerf
    No it absolutely does not. Champ DPS in Yellow is good, for the 1 or 2 AoE fights that currently exist, none of which are bosses, in Red they are a complete waste of a raid spot. They are not taken in the raid unless you have no Hunters/Brawlers available.

Bracing attack should be nerfed from X% to 12-15%, or remove the tracery. Also, Bracing attack shouldn't be able to crit
    Why? Every class has some self survivability, Bracing attack is not allowing Champs to solo any challenging content, this skill is absolutely fine as is, outside of PvP. Hunters and RKs have far more survival capability than Champs, with absolutely none of the risks of being in melee combat, again, you just don't like Champs being able to self-heal in PvP.

Dire need should be traitline bound, thus not being traitable in red, or nerfed in redline.
    Only thing I agree with, but again it's not allowing Champs to go soloing the raid or making Tier 3/4 easier, you'd be a literal idiot to trait Dire Need - again - outside of PvP.

Objectively, for a heavy melee dps class, the champion has been overperforming significantly in terms of survivability that it shouldn't have.
    Objectively, your bias is showing and this is probably your 10th post trying to get the Champ nerfed in PvE because you dislike them in PvP, and how hard you're going at it is pretty cringe. The class has good AoE DPS for endgame content that massively favours ST Ranged DPS that can avoid most or all mechanics simply by virtue of being 20-40m away. Champs have to get down and dirty in AoEs, puddles, auras and some of their most potent skills being AoE (Blade Wall for example) means a higher propensity for pulling aggro of side mobs i.e. worms and being one-shot.