We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Q1 is in one week over we got no Monster player Events + rant

well done Orion, promisses, only thing we got is nerfs. Less def stats, useless corruptions, more expenisve Pots, 1hr cd on maps, more lags due to marsh spped.
    and you only ask ppl what freep rewards to add
    well done Orion.
    your new boss is is a joke, last one to make dmg will get the kill
    did you ever play creep? dont you know that freeps can mass stunn creeps ? and the new class and power update for freeps results currently in even more mass stunns and even more dmg for freeps to balance their power drain.
    do you actually know how many freeps have access to stelth ?

all action on the smaller servers died. EN and Ark are the only active servers left, even tho game is for free.
    you must be proud.

here is one tip for you, just make a instance cluster for creeps. replace the skin of the mobs you done, ppl will have actually something to do.

your plan to make the creeps suffer and go play freep to ez clap the new creeps didnt work.
    140 lvl of boring 2006 quest mecanics run from a to b and back, does not hook. just to clap the one or two new crepps.

dont get me even startet on the destructable door thing since freeps can simply outrange and do more dmg to creeps from the walls.
    you said also that creeps do more dmg on npcs?
    show me a creep that can clap a 4mil hp npc as fast as an Hunter or Champion, even LM does more dmg to npcs than any creep.
    what creep can tank, stunn, do dmg, and selfheal like a bear, gardian,brawler,minstrel ? even a burgler can tank more than a defi.
    now warden update lol lvl75 most imbalance class will be back.
    and the shop is still full of p2w stuff for freeps, creeps have no access to.

do you have actually any idea what your doing ?!
    and keep promissing stuff we never get or we get the opposite.

q1 is in one week over we got only nerfs, less players, less fun. or the opposite for ark and en - Mass Zerg raids and a lag fest.
    well done

btw the freeps you listend to, to nerf the creeps and maps are almost all gone or play less and less, since game is boring now

well done well done

can you imagine the lag in isenbinge when 2 raids try to kill the boss ?

i would call you names but the mods will remove the post D:

What did you expect was going to happen?

This side game was rushed into existence for when the game opened in 2007 and only ever had the Freeps point of view in mind. Yes, there was lore limitations imposed by the licence holder but that shouldn't have meant that Creeps were designed with the inherent flaw that there is zero progress except for titles and KBs. (Rank became useless with the advent of F2P)

So, having one of the founder developers back trying to manage all the patch changes that have been made in the years since he stopped working on Pvmp and left the business, is only going to continue the original theme from 2007. And that is that this is a Freep game and Creeps are unimportant beyond the fact that they need to dangle just enough of a carrot that they stay around to be the play things for the Freeps.

Developers in Pvmp have NEVER seriously listened to Creeps. Why? Because they don't understand what is going on under the hood. So, better to ignore them and carry on with Freeps because they are used to modifying these assets.

Remember also that they never expected the game as a whole to move much beyond level 60 let alone Pvmp. It was very poor design compounded with a lack of imagination and a complete lack of interest. You think you get ignored now, you should think back to what it was like back then... At least now we hear the nonsense working out before it lands. It makes ZERO difference though because they forge forward with their Ideas regardless of what we think.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

From what I seen Orion ask freep players about additional rewards - this is first freep thing what can change for long period of time. Before that, it was all around creep changes for months

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    From what I seen Orion ask freep players about additional rewards - this is first freep thing what can change for long period of time. Before that, it was all around creep changes for months
    Do you think Freeps are in a bad spot and needed changes? The Creep changes have impacted Freeps for the better.

Orion and his lackeys are systematically killing PvP with his Grand Plan. If you need proof look at all the smaller servers, they had action they hadnt seen in years prior to these stupid changes.

Many Creeps wanted stat bumps and a few more corruption slots, but instead we get this grand plan dropped on us. And his Freep lackeys will be in here soon saying atleast Orion is making changes, and the changes are for the better.

We still have 3 or 4 more phases, so things arent going to get any better. At this point, I stick around to see how much more Team Orion can run this into the ground.

We have a multiboxer on EN atm, same from Ark, runs around multiboxing 24 characters making it lag to hell. When you multibox that many characters you are just being a F'ing Jerkoff, but he knows SSG wont do anything. He even mocks about it in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnackz View Post
    Do you think Freeps are in a bad spot and needed changes? The Creep changes have impacted Freeps for the better.

Orion and his lackeys are systematically killing PvP with his Grand Plan. If you need proof look at all the smaller servers, they had action they hadnt seen in years prior to these stupid changes.

Many Creeps wanted stat bumps and a few more corruption slots, but instead we get this grand plan dropped on us. And his Freep lackeys will be in here soon saying atleast Orion is making changes, and the changes are for the better.

We still have 3 or 4 more phases, so things arent going to get any better. At this point, I stick around to see how much more Team Orion can run this into the ground.

We have a multiboxer on EN atm, same from Ark, runs around multiboxing 24 characters making it lag to hell. When you multibox that many characters you are just being a F'ing Jerkoff, but he knows SSG wont do anything. He even mocks about it in chat.
    So you blame Orion for multiboxes (not his fault), for low pop on small servers (not his fault) and consider what freeps never deserve any new content just because they in good spot. No wonder why people don't want to bother spending time in such toxic atmosphere. Well, I never spend time with freep in The Moors, because I think what we always need more creeps. But his suggestion make me consider some time here with friends on freep too.

Orion create PvP at first, and he have all rights to kill it. He can close The Moors forever and you can't do anything with that.

Quote Originally Posted by hanswurst13 View Post
    Unhinged nonsense
    Far be it from me to stop your psychotic ranting. But Q1 actually ends at the end of March. Not February... It's in the name Q1 standing for Quarter 1. So... First QUARTER of the year.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

So you blame Orion for multiboxes (not his fault), for low pop on small servers (not his fault) and consider what freeps never deserve any new content just because they in good spot. No wonder why people don't want to bother spending time in such toxic atmosphere. Well, I never spend time with freep in The Moors, because I think what we always need more creeps. But his suggestion make me consider some time here with friends on freep too.

Orion create PvP at first, and he have all rights to kill it. He can close The Moors forever and you can't do anything with that.
    Orion and SSG condone Multiboxers, so yes it is his and many other SSG devs faults.

Low pop on small servers is an issue from his updates.

Freeps have plenty of content, they have PvE zones on top of PvP, so where do you think they arent getting content? Every update is a Freep update.

Yes its a toxic atmosphere when someone has an opinion different from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnackz View Post
    Orion and SSG condone Multiboxers, so yes it is his and many other SSG devs faults.

Low pop on small servers is an issue from his updates.

Freeps have plenty of content, they have PvE zones on top of PvP, so where do you think they arent getting content? Every update is a Freep update.

Yes its a toxic atmosphere when someone has an opinion different from yours.
    You can prove what without Orion small servers will have 1000+ players online? If you hate freeps so much, what you can do without them in the Moors? Nothing. Creeps needs Freeps, and Freeps needs Creeps. If you don't agree with that, more easy just close The Moors forever and end your suffering. That's why such thing called PVP - Player vs Player. In every MMO main source for PVP content not devs, not updates, but players. No PVP without players. Thing what Orion consider was just suggestion, we don't know how it happens, when it happens. It can be in Q2, it can be in Q4. It can be for creeps too, why not? From what I seen Orion can just create other rewards and such additional weekly quests benefits creeps too.

You can prove what without Orion small servers will have 1000+ players online? If you hate freeps so much, what you can do without them in the Moors? Nothing. Creeps needs Freeps, and Freeps needs Creeps. If you don't agree with that, more easy just close The Moors forever and end your suffering. That's why such thing called PVP - Player vs Player. In every MMO main source for PVP content not devs, not updates, but players. No PVP without players. Thing what Orion consider was just suggestion, we don't know how it happens, when it happens. It can be in Q2, it can be in Q4. It can be for creeps too, why not? From what I seen Orion can just create other rewards and such additional weekly quests benefits creeps too.

At this point, the proposal of giving freeps pve rewards to get them to the Moors is just going to turn the Moors into a PVE area where PVP is allowed. Until SSG addresses why the creeps left the Moors in large droves, the Moors will be a new PVE area where PVP is allowed and that is it. You cannot fix the problem here unless you go back and address what caused the current Moors death spiral. They take away the delving and then move it to the keeps and promise PVE rewards to the freeps and a handful of pots for the creeps. I really don't see that much of anything is actually changing here.

That's why such thing called PVP - Player vs Player. <- The irony of giving PvE rewards out here in PvP eh?

Its an Orion suggestion, but what Orion suggests ends up in the Moors. He is just suggestion so he can sleep better at night, when Orion knows good and well that they are going into the game anyways.

SSG devs have a real ego, and think they know better what the players want than the people who come out every day and play there. The same ego's who tell you that raiding is a niche thing in 2014 and Epic Battles are the future, yeah like everything else they touch it gets left to rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    At this point, the proposal of giving freeps pve rewards to get them to the Moors is just going to turn the Moors into a PVE area where PVP is allowed. Until SSG addresses why the creeps left the Moors in large droves, the Moors will be a new PVE area where PVP is allowed and that is it. You cannot fix the problem here unless you go back and address what caused the current Moors death spiral. They take away the delving and then move it to the keeps and promise PVE rewards to the freeps and a handful of pots for the creeps. I really don't see that much of anything is actually changing here.
    But what if that pve players will love pvp and stay? Why not? IMHO, right now creeps leave Moors because they don't have any benefit with building Moors on small servers, I agree with that. Why they need play somewhere else if Arkenstone or Evernight have more creeps when all other servers combined? Only one reason to decide between Moors on big server and Moors on small server just tech-wise (lags). I don't believe just adding 4 sets of PVE quests turn The Moors into "just pve location with enabled pvp", because Ettenmoors already have pve quests.
    Last edited by Elmagor; Feb 26 2023 at 07:26 PM.

But what if that pve players will love pvp and stay? Why not? IMHO, right now creeps leave Moors because they don't have any benefit with building Moors on small servers, I agree with that. Why they need play somewhere else if Arkenstone or Evernight have more creeps when all other servers combined? Only one reason to decide between Moors on big server and Moors on small server just tech-wise (lags). I don't believe just adding 4 sets of PVE quests turn The Moors into "just pve location with enabled pvp", because Ettenmoors already have pve quests.
    Creeps left the Moors because feeding freeps grows old and boring after a while. Creeps left the Moors because moving around the Moors as a creep is awful. Creeps left the Moors because killing Hobbits and slugs and bugs is now a chore under the new and improved system. If SSG follows through and adds a bunch of freep PVE rewards, everyone will go freepside and do their weekly quests, get their rewards and move on. None of the rewards will fix the survivability and ability to damage for creeps. None of the rewards creepside are worth feeding freeps. If I can get together with a full raid of freeps, run around the Moors, kill a few things and walk away with armor and weapon items for PVE why would I bother running creepside? There is nothing in the proposed rewards to make running creepside and constantly feeding freeps worthwhile. The last few months of changes have destroyed most of what was fun playing as a creep.

Quote Originally Posted by hanswurst13 View Post
    well done Orion, promisses, only thing we got is nerfs. Less def stats, useless corruptions, more expenisve Pots, 1hr cd on maps, more lags due to marsh spped.
    and you only ask ppl what freep rewards to add
    well done Orion.
    your new boss is is a joke, last one to make dmg will get the kill
    did you ever play creep? dont you know that freeps can mass stunn creeps ? and the new class and power update for freeps results currently in even more mass stunns and even more dmg for freeps to balance their power drain.
    do you actually know how many freeps have access to stelth ?

all action on the smaller servers died. EN and Ark are the only active servers left, even tho game is for free.
    you must be proud.

here is one tip for you, just make a instance cluster for creeps. replace the skin of the mobs you done, ppl will have actually something to do.

your plan to make the creeps suffer and go play freep to ez clap the new creeps didnt work.
    140 lvl of boring 2006 quest mecanics run from a to b and back, does not hook. just to clap the one or two new crepps.

dont get me even startet on the destructable door thing since freeps can simply outrange and do more dmg to creeps from the walls.
    you said also that creeps do more dmg on npcs?
    show me a creep that can clap a 4mil hp npc as fast as an Hunter or Champion, even LM does more dmg to npcs than any creep.
    what creep can tank, stunn, do dmg, and selfheal like a bear, gardian,brawler,minstrel ? even a burgler can tank more than a defi.
    now warden update lol lvl75 most imbalance class will be back.
    and the shop is still full of p2w stuff for freeps, creeps have no access to.

do you have actually any idea what your doing ?!
    and keep promissing stuff we never get or we get the opposite.

q1 is in one week over we got only nerfs, less players, less fun. or the opposite for ark and en - Mass Zerg raids and a lag fest.
    well done

btw the freeps you listend to, to nerf the creeps and maps are almost all gone or play less and less, since game is boring now

well done well done

can you imagine the lag in isenbinge when 2 raids try to kill the boss ?

i would call you names but the mods will remove the post D:
    Q1 ends when March ends.

The Q stands for quarter, doesn't it?

Creeps left the Moors because feeding freeps grows old and boring after a while. Creeps left the Moors because moving around the Moors as a creep is awful. Creeps left the Moors because killing Hobbits and slugs and bugs is now a chore under the new and improved system. If SSG follows through and adds a bunch of freep PVE rewards, everyone will go freepside and do their weekly quests, get their rewards and move on. None of the rewards will fix the survivability and ability to damage for creeps. None of the rewards creepside are worth feeding freeps. If I can get together with a full raid of freeps, run around the Moors, kill a few things and walk away with armor and weapon items for PVE why would I bother running creepside? There is nothing in the proposed rewards to make running creepside and constantly feeding freeps worthwhile. The last few months of changes have destroyed most of what was fun playing as a creep.
    Never find out killing hobbits, slugs and bugs fun.

Creeps left in their droves because of two main reasons.

Firstly, Turbine created the clear way for cheating to prosper in the pvp environment and after years of trying to get them to see sense and make some changes they just carried on ignoring the fact and this removed 80% of serial players from the Ettenmoor. (based on observation of the x2 servers I played on)

Secondly, there is no real progression for a creep. Yes, they dangle a new loin cloth now and then but there is zero ways to really improve by doing what the area is designed for - which is pvp.... NOT PVE !!

Adding more and more pve is a huge mistake. Will it bring in more players? possibly - but are they the right players? And these players won't come unless there is reward enough to attract them and herein lies another issue. Good pve rewards will attract many for that sole purpose but as a by-product it will make an even larger lag festival and probably be that final nail in the coffin that Orion is so expertly building.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    Creeps left in their droves because of two main reasons.

Firstly, Turbine created the clear way for cheating to prosper in the pvp environment and after years of trying to get them to see sense and make some changes they just carried on ignoring the fact and this removed 80% of serial players from the Ettenmoor. (based on observation of the x2 servers I played on)

Secondly, there is no real progression for a creep. Yes, they dangle a new loin cloth now and then but there is zero ways to really improve by doing what the area is designed for - which is pvp.... NOT PVE !!

Adding more and more pve is a huge mistake. Will it bring in more players? possibly - but are they the right players? And these players won't come unless there is reward enough to attract them and herein lies another issue. Good pve rewards will attract many for that sole purpose but as a by-product it will make an even larger lag festival and probably be that final nail in the coffin that Orion is so expertly building.
    If SSG is truly trying to create PVP they need to find a way to encourage creeps to come back to the Moors. The creeps should be the main focus at this point. Giving freeps PVE rewards does not and will not create more PVP. Fix creepside first and develop PVP related rewards to get both creeps and freeps out to the Moors for the purpose of PVP. (Getting rid of the boxers and those who misbehave in the Moors would also go a long way. A good example being the removing of maps to stop a few bad apples didn't really improve PVP. Deal with the farmers, the boxers and the cheaters on an individual basis.)

Note: One thing that might work to bring back creeps to the Moors is to make all Moors PVE rewards account bound so anything PVE related earned as a creep could be used on the PVE side of the account. Sort of like when we used to go out on creeps to earn destiny points for our freeps.
    Last edited by Neinda; Feb 27 2023 at 11:29 AM.

Closing thread due to personal attacks in the OP. Feel free to start a fresh discussion without the insults.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool