We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

Good idea Gurthag, here's an update on my stuff...
    Burglar...

Guardian...

Total of:
    62,019 Renown
    14,101 Kills
    158 Deaths
    858 Killing Blows

In the 18 days since my last post I have gained:
    15,715 Renown
    1,606 Kills
    26 Deaths
    152 Killing Blows

Tolbluedar averages 6.74 Renown per Kill...
    Tolbluegar averages 3.14 Renown per Kill...(lol, pre-Book 10 raiding for 1 renown per kill ftl)
    Last edited by bluealien1; Feb 19 2008 at 12:06 AM.
    Tolbluegar - 50 Guardian R6 | Tolbludar - 50 ####### R5
    Tolbluedar - 50 Burglar R6 | Tolblueroc - 37 Lore-Master R0
    Arrowss - Blackarrow R5
    Officer of Legends on Nimrodel - Thog on AoC

So...it's finally happened.

Soon to follow, as is tradition, Elf and Man-Foe. Then Hunter. Then Champ. Then Harvester.

Woot!
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009cf9b/01004/signature.png]Keidynce[/charsig]
    Keidynce -- Bael -- Celebriath
    [B]Evil and Stuff Like That[/B]
    Gurthag -- Halwabu -- Druth -- Draghkar -- Snagnakh -- Sigh
    [B]The Black Blade[/B][/CENTER]

Congrats Gurthag on all the hard work.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game (level 19 and 15 freeps) and began playing monster play recently as a war leader. It's been a ton of fun, but I can't find Grothum, and fear I'll get the "LOL noob" reaction if I ask in the chat, so can anyone in here help me out? Looked all around up in the north, only found lots of trolls and Isendeep. Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebo View Post
    Hi, I'm pretty new to the game (level 19 and 15 freeps) and began playing monster play recently as a war leader. It's been a ton of fun, but I can't find Grothum, and fear I'll get the "LOL noob" reaction if I ask in the chat, so can anyone in here help me out? Looked all around up in the north, only found lots of trolls and Isendeep. Thanks for any info.
    NE corner of the map, Isendeep is the right direction, it's east out of Isen.
    Tolbluegar - 50 Guardian R6 | Tolbludar - 50 ####### R5
    Tolbluedar - 50 Burglar R6 | Tolblueroc - 37 Lore-Master R0
    Arrowss - Blackarrow R5
    Officer of Legends on Nimrodel - Thog on AoC

I'm hesitant to post my current stats just because the PvMP raid changes make them so transient.
    Amurard, d'entre les morts

Quote Originally Posted by putnal008 View Post
    So...it's finally happened.

Soon to follow, as is tradition, Elf and Man-Foe. Then Hunter. Then Champ. Then Harvester.

Woot!
    Hey great work man. That makes you one of, I think, five in our whole server in rank 7 wargs. Couldn't imagine the amount of stuns you have thrown out

How much better is a fully juiced Rank 7 warg than a Rank 1? As in, what makes it better being higher rank and all?
    ~~~Marmaduke~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    WHY YOU LITTLEEE *homer-style choking bart*.....................

yeah that was.... painful. lol

i was like, yeah hangnail...

wow, alone?

pfft... he's a goner...

4k....
    3k...
    2.5k.... (i still got 2.5k too)
    2k....

oh yeah, hang's gonna get OWWWNEEDDD

*webbed*
    *stunned by anothre warg*
    *hamstring by Druth*

WTFFFFFF(&VH@V^&($@^!+*^611!!! 1!!!11one......

ROFL!!

anyway, dinner time. ill b back. my score tonite is still 13-4.

try harder, creep.
    lol Dav, I got a chuckle out of this. You should know better by now.

Take comfort in knowing my days of playing a creep are nearly at an end. I canceled my subscription, so I have untill the end of May. However, I may stop back from time to time to see how things are going, and to get a kill on certain freeps.

In the mean time I'm testing out LOTRO's side game they call PVE. You would think that after almost a year of playing this game that I could get a character to 50. So look for a man burg coming to a zone near you. Go figure, a burg? No really, his name is Gofigure.
    [COLOR=silver][B]Gofigure, Rank 6 Burglar[/B][/COLOR]-Deleted
    [COLOR=red][B]Chief Guard Hangnail, Elf Foe[/B][/COLOR]-Deleted
    [COLOR=red][B]Rank 7 Warg (Nimrodel)[/B][/COLOR]

omg you play pve!
    Though im glad i'll get to see a gofigure running around again.
    You have to bring the burg to the moors once just to feel the power of GODMODE!!!
    Manhands 50, rank 6 minstrel Leader TABA (nimrodel!!!)
    Boraborn 50 hunter, rank 7 (pre book 12)
    Starfarmer rank 5, 5 star, Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    In the mean time I'm testing out LOTRO's side game they call PVE. You would think that after almost a year of playing this game that I could get a character to 50. So look for a man burg coming to a zone near you. Go figure, a burg? No really, his name is Gofigure.
    With peaceful intentions, do you ever feel like trying a challenging class?
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

WL? Weaver? Easy classes?

Heh...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009cf9b/01004/signature.png]Keidynce[/charsig]

Heh...
    WL isn't that hard. I suppose it's challenging to those who have no awareness of their surroundings or capacity to multirole.

Heh...
    I would say those are pretty easy classes. They can contribute from ranged in a ranged-friendly environment.

No plans on playing a champion?
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TrubleD View Post
    Hey great work man. That makes you one of, I think, five in our whole server in rank 7 wargs. Couldn't imagine the amount of stuns you have thrown out

How much better is a fully juiced Rank 7 warg than a Rank 1? As in, what makes it better being higher rank and all?
    First off, thanks Smurfy, and all the others.

As for your question about the differences between a R7 and a R1 warg...well I began to go into detail for you, but I could wright an essay on it. The most obvious differences you will see is that the R7 has a tremendous(much more for the pre book 12 higher ranked wargs) amount more experience, both is knowing their enemies, the terrain and general tactics. There will always be differing levels of expertise between any two players of the same creep class of the same rank.

Beyond that, a R7 warg has access to skills, class traits, corruptions and core passives that a R1 does not. Skills like Tendon Shred, which has a good chance of opening a Warband Maneuver, Eye Rake, an interrupt on a 15s cooldown, Disappear, a broken form of HiPS on a 10 minute cooldown, and Rallying Howl which is a potent group Heal over Time skill gained at Rank 5. Last of the major R2+ warg skills is Pack Hunters, which arguably is utterly useless in PvMP.

R7 wargs also have access to higher avoidance, damage and power passives. With Rank 2 we also gain the ability to halve our Sprint cooldown by slotting Enhanced Skill: Sprint. This allows one to build a warg towards running down their opponents more often. We also gain the Shadow Fangs at Rank 4, making all of our damage Shadow. On average this increases damage dealt by ~15%. Finally, we can access higher end corruption traits to help our builds by gaining twice the reward and half the loss with the corruptions we choose. Some examples are knocking our common mitigation to ~50% with the tier 2 corruptions (though if I ever hear of a warg doing this for PvP, I will be hard pressed to believe they are any good).

Not sure if that's of any use to ya Smurfy...and it is much longer than intended, but thats just a small idea of the differences between a R1 and R7 warg.

First off, thanks Smurfy, and all the others.

As for your question about the differences between a R7 and a R1 warg...well I began to go into detail for you, but I could wright an essay on it. The most obvious differences you will see is that the R7 has a tremendous(much more for the pre book 12 higher ranked wargs) amount more experience, both is knowing their enemies, the terrain and general tactics. There will always be differing levels of expertise between any two players of the same creep class of the same rank.

Beyond that, a R7 warg has access to skills, class traits, corruptions and core passives that a R1 does not. Skills like Tendon Shred, which has a good chance of opening a Warband Maneuver, Eye Rake, an interrupt on a 15s cooldown, Disappear, a broken form of HiPS on a 10 minute cooldown, and Rallying Howl which is a potent group Heal over Time skill gained at Rank 5. Last of the major R2+ warg skills is Pack Hunters, which arguably is utterly useless in PvMP.

R7 wargs also have access to higher avoidance, damage and power passives. With Rank 2 we also gain the ability to halve our Sprint cooldown by slotting Enhanced Skill: Sprint. This allows one to build a warg towards running down their opponents more often. We also gain the Shadow Fangs at Rank 4, making all of our damage Shadow. On average this increases damage dealt by ~15%. Finally, we can access higher end corruption traits to help our builds by gaining twice the reward and half the loss with the corruptions we choose. Some examples are knocking our common mitigation to ~50% with the tier 2 corruptions (though if I ever hear of a warg doing this for PvP, I will be hard pressed to believe they are any good).

Not sure if that's of any use to ya Smurfy...and it is much longer than intended, but thats just a small idea of the differences between a R1 and R7 warg.

Very interesting. Maybe Gothnon could do one on the warleader now that he is r7 too...

Heh...actually I was tossing around the idea of compiling a huge guide for wargs after I posted this at work. Don't expect to see it for another week or two at roughest, but it will be out there sometime soon. The post above is very very rough and misses a ton of information for us wargs.

Figured I'd update my stats block:

I've finally gone past my "Highest Rating Defeated" number. I'm really don't expect the rating to stay long...I haven't died for 4 days and my luck has just got to run out... next death and I'll lose 250 rating for sure!
    Shipnakh - Black Blade - Warg

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000005fbfb/signature.png]Shipnakh[/charsig]

Heh...actually I was tossing around the idea of compiling a huge guide for wargs after I posted this at work. Don't expect to see it for another week or two at roughest, but it will be out there sometime soon. The post above is very very rough and misses a ton of information for us wargs.
    Guide to being a warg:
    Attack Notblondie's target.

Quote Originally Posted by TSRX View Post
    Guide to being a warg:
    Attack Notblondie's target.
    Dunno, must be an inside joke, or maybe him and a group of wargs made you their love toy for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    With peaceful intentions, do you ever feel like trying a challenging class?
    I've played every class on creep side. Not to mention on Freeps I've also played a Champ, Hunter, Guard, and now a Burg. Except for the hunter, none of the before mentioned were lvl'd beyond 30.

Quote Originally Posted by jmon13 View Post
    omg you play pve!
    Though im glad i'll get to see a gofigure running around again.
    You have to bring the burg to the moors once just to feel the power of GODMODE!!!
    Who would have thought eh? Btw, thank you for holding onto the name after I left, I certainly do appreciate that.

Don't worry, I'll be heading out to the Moors. I'm going to be paying a visit to a few folks when I do.

hangnail check it out dude, check it out; I started this new awesome thing to do. its all you go on the forums of other servers and just start talking to them like u've been there the whole time. its amazingly awesome.

lol had to tell you about my newest stupid action

Quote Originally Posted by Gibar2 View Post
    hangnail check it out dude, check it out; I started this new awesome thing to do. its all you go on the forums of other servers and just start talking to them like u've been there the whole time. its amazingly awesome.

lol had to tell you about my newest stupid action

I'm sorry, you are?

you cut me deep man, real deep...

lol

aww the other servers don't love me very much im all like trying to be their friends and they are like who are you ? wat lets ignore him whatever.

lol
    I dont blame them tho; i mean what if some random guy from brandywine came posting on our forums id be all like YAY hi how are you? and he'd be like who are you? and then poof he'd never come back cause id scare him off....
    Last edited by Gibar2; Mar 12 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibar2 View Post
    you cut me deep man, real deep...

lol

aww the other servers don't love me very much im all like trying to be their friends and they are like who are you ? wat lets ignore him whatever.

lol
    I dont blame them tho; i mean what if some random guy from brandywine came posting on our forums id be all like YAY hi how are you? and he'd be like who are you? and then poof he'd never come back cause id scare him off....
    yes..........
    Ugdush, Black Orc of Mordor~~~Rank 7 Reaver
    Ungweliant of Nan Dungortheb~~~~~Rank 6 Weaver
    Utúlien Aurë! Utúlien Aurë!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast