We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Re: Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    For those keeping track, an update.

Just hit 10k kills (10,020 to be exact), less than 100 deaths (98). 1500 KB's.

Thanks to all the creeps I've murdered.

Proof that the champ 'pew pew' from distance works I guess.

Have a 'pew pew' game!

p.s. nice stats anyway, but why don't you post a screenie to let us see too - lol?

Quote Originally Posted by SeigneurDude View Post
    Proof that the champ 'pew pew' from distance works I guess.
    Yes, my uber champion bow attack allows me to get so many killing blows.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    For those keeping track, an update.

Just hit 10k kills (10,020 to be exact), less than 100 deaths (98). 1500 KB's.

Thanks to all the creeps I've murdered.
    Those numbers must be doctored considering according to your sig you are playing an underpowered class.

Wait... KBs on Snooby or Eurotrash don't count (whichever one of these is on your Flash account). I bet your over 100 now

See you soon buddy!
    "Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes."
    Arendam 50 Captain, Grogg Rank 7 BA, Shabaz Rank 6 Weaver, Lamentis Rank 6 Warg, Pizzaman Rank 5 Reaver, Dogimed Rank 6 WL, Pestulence Rank 4 Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Arendam View Post
    Those numbers must be doctored considering according to your sig you are playing an underpowered class.

Wait... KBs on Snooby or Eurotrash don't count (whichever one of these is on your Flash account). I bet your over 100 now

See you soon buddy!
    Wait, you think my numbers are good?

And you're more than welcome to post any screenshots you have of me killing my own characters.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Yes, my uber champion bow attack allows me to get so many killing blows.
    I actually think one of your bow attacks killed me yesterday

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DUAL CLASS AS A HUNTER THIS ISN'T GUILD WARS
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post

Lolz......

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    lol, lucky for you.

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't pull up an old thread, or create a new thread about "who is the best". So I haven't. My questions below are in no way an attempt to begin a debate about whose buddy plays their class the best...please do not make it that.

Your tutor for a day...

So, if you could choose(preferably) one person to teach you their main toons class, be it creep or freep, who would they be? Why? What makes them stand out in your mind over another well played member of that class?

If you would like you could list one of each class, across the board, or just a couple...or just one, whatever you choose.

My personal choices would be:

Freep Classes:

Hunter:
    • Domizor
    • Spiriel

Both of the above came into their prowess while I was rising, and in reign if you wish, and have always stood out in my mind as all around great at playing their class. Both know to track at all times and how to utilize terrain and objects to their advantage. Both used their class camo to great effect and if you were caught off guard it was one hell of a time to get back the upper hand.

Burglars:
    • Racquel
    • Andalusia

I do realize that Racquel has put her daggers on the shelf and will likely never return to us, she was one of the better, yet not uptight burgs in the day. She could take down her share of creeps, but would fight it out and not run at the first sign of a real challenge. One of the few, if not only, burgs I truly respect. Andalusia is on the list for the simple fact that he is amongst the best burgs at the moment, though I cannot honestly say that means much. I would just like to see the differences in play style between these two.

Captains:
    • Graf
    • Loscules

Hands down the best captains in the Moors. They can sustain a group and allow for retreats should they be needed without relying upon Last Stand and/or In Harms Way.

Champions:
    • Davadin
    • Slither

Yeah...your not reading things incorrectly. I have slither on the list, and for my own reasons which I will not share here so as to not have to delete this thread. Again, here I would like to see the two ends of the spectrum. I think I can leave it there and most will understand.

Guardians:
    • Infinity
    • Lothorin

There is no favoritism here, believe what you will. Though Infinity has not seen the Moors often, the short times he was there I noticed him utilizing all of his skills and to much better ends than other guardians in the Moors. Lothorin is of the same nature, one who has rarely seen the Moors...yet he is likely the best all around tank I have yet seen and played along side with.

Lore-masters:
    • Turelion
    • Twiligtone

Turelion is simply a wonder when I manage to find him skulking around. I have witnessed him take on and win a battle against multiple opponents on many occasions, though I have never succumbed to his blow. Twilightone is of the same caliber, though I never had the opportunity to meet him outside of a group. His group support role was played thoroughly and he did not have to lean on the perma CC stick to accomplish this.

Minstrels:
    • Nyia

She can single handily hold a group together with seemingly little effort. Though any minstrel becomes squishy with me prowling, she manages to escape more often than any other high priority target I can think of. No, this doesn't mean she ditches group or relies on them to bail her out...she just has it that way. Special mention goes to Dorunmag who, if he could manage to control his itch for suicide runs, would not be far behind Nyia.

Creep Classes:

Reaver:
    • Preposterone
    • Ugdush

By far our two strongest reavers with a couple coming just behind. Preposterone has managed to perfect the art of ninja'n Killing Blows, while also being a great leader and he can hold his own in small battle situations. Ugdush, minus the large tally of defeats, is studied in the freep classes which gives him an immense advantage against his foes(see Davadin vs. Ugdush, bout 1, Champ vs. Reaver night).

Blackarrow:
    • Deathdealer
    • Creamofmushroom

Deathdealer, though I honestly never thought much of him until he peaked and hit R6 and then 7, has shown he is amongst some of our best BA's. He can handle a situation well and not play the all too worn out role of wimp for the ranged classes in game. Cream, though not of an immense rank, has solely been the reason behind many freep defeats because of his persistence, use of skills as offensive weapons(vs. defensive) and overall knowledge of both creep and freep classes and skills.

Warleader:
    • Gothnon
    • Wordsworth
    • Cuthberg

Gothnon...well, duh? Both Wordsworthand Cuthberg have proven themselves many times over in battles large and small as competent Warleaders capable of holding a group together against forces much larger and they both realize when the more potent skills are required, be it for a smooth retreat or strong defense.

Weaver:
    • Cahatalu

Without a doubt the most potent weaver on the field of battle to date. While there have been many as good, none can really match Cahatalu, nor have they stuck it out as long. We all know how rough a weaver can have it, and even with his long hiatus he returned and only has become better at playing the class.

Warg:
    • Sneakx

That is it...just Sneakx. If we could get him back to the game, all would be lost for the freeps. The guy was an outstanding player and great guy all around. While I did not learn directly from him, my ways reflect his in their own ways and have made me all the better and stronger of a player. Come back to use bro.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009cf9b/01004/signature.png]Keidynce[/charsig]
    Keidynce -- Bael -- Celebriath
    [B]Evil and Stuff Like That[/B]
    Gurthag -- Halwabu -- Druth -- Draghkar -- Snagnakh -- Sigh
    [B]The Black Blade[/B][/CENTER]

meh, I would simply call this 'a' short list among others... so much has to do with perception and longevity. About the only one I would really unreservedly agree on is sneakx.

Have a nice game.

Again...the list is for the players you would enjoy sitting down with and having them "tutor" you on their class. In no way is this another "Who is most uber"...if it becomes such I will do as I stated in the OP.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009cf9b/01004/signature.png]Keidynce[/charsig]

Aw. There's not a honorary mention for me. =(

Just kidding. All very good players. Couldn't think of anyone to add.

rofl sneakx yea good guy but he followed my every step....the one and only person i actually took under my wing and taught was roosterteeth. i am not a teacher ty for not including me. imo half the stuff is common sense and if you do not know it then you do not deserve to play.
    Dirtyblonde 65 Burg (Nimrodel) | Notblondie (Nimrodel) | Scratchs (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    Blame the players.
    Battlefield Heroes is really fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Aw. There's not a honorary mention for me. =(
    Or me for that matter. I made Nyia who she was in the Moors. Remember that hobbit that always got zerged and feigned while Nyia ran away? That was me.
    Repairs/Ponds

Legends/TABA/Vengeance

Hehe...while I am not going to go back and edit the list, you both stand out far ahead on the vast majority of players. You both just failed to come to mind be if for whatever reason at the time.

So what is this...plenty of people feel they wanna comment on my list, yet no one steps up to bat? C'mon! By no means must your list be as complex or long as mine, or if you so wish, take up three separate replies to convey your thoughts on the subject. I do not hear anyone bashing the idea, so why not give us your list?!

Freep Classes:

Hunter:

* Boraborn
    * Nardoc

Bora is probably the best (or one of the best) I have seen out in the 'Moors. Nardoc is just the best KB ninja in town. haha.

Burglars:

* Andalusia
    * Sicebol

Andalusia is pure win. Sometimes I'm not too impressed by Sicebol but the majority of the time I think he is pretty good. Many of the Burglars out in the 'Moors lately fail on epic levels, not all, but many.

Captains:

* Loscules

Loscules is crazy in a good way ^^

Champions:

* Davadin

Davadin's pretty good at PvP, nothing really needed here.

Guardians:

* Dhregin

I'm really not impressed by most of the Guardians out there at the moment. No, you're not suicide bots. No, you cannot taunt the creeps. Dhregin is fun to play with out there and making suicide runs with him is pretty fun haha.

Lore-masters:

* Oisal
    * Twiligtone

Try catchin Oislol when he's not lagging hardcore ;p

Minstrels:

* Nyia
    * Ponderosa

Nyia is an excellent 'moors healer, as with Pond. Seemingly Pond is pretty difficult to kill for a minstrel.

Creep Classes:

Reaver:

* Preposterone
    * Traggordoth

Trag was the best RVR of his time, imo.

Blackarrow:

* Deathdealer
    * Nerd

I think I seriously have a screenie of Deathdealer at like R2 from a long while back. Nerd because HE LIKES KETCHUP LOL.

Warleader:

* Gothnon
    * Sederoth
    * Cuthberg

I don't really need to write anything here.

Weaver:

* Cahatalu

You are an escape artist, I hate you :P

Warg:

* Notblondie
    * Roosterteeth

Arrowss - Blackarrow R5
    Officer of Legends on Nimrodel - Thog on AoC

Woot, about times!

-2 cool points for your lack of creativity though!

Quote Originally Posted by putnal008 View Post
    Woot, about times!

-2 cool points for your lack of creativity though!
    ./cry
    =P
    10char
    Tolbluegar - 50 Guardian R6 | Tolbludar - 50 ####### R5
    Tolbluedar - 50 Burglar R6 | Tolblueroc - 37 Lore-Master R0
    Arrowss - Blackarrow R5
    Officer of Legends on Nimrodel - Thog on AoC

Hehe...while I am not going to go back and edit the list, you both stand out far ahead on the vast majority of players. You both just failed to come to mind be if for whatever reason at the time.

So what is this...plenty of people feel they wanna comment on my list, yet no one steps up to bat? C'mon! By no means must your list be as complex or long as mine, or if you so wish, take up three separate replies to convey your thoughts on the subject. I do not hear anyone bashing the idea, so why not give us your list?!

i never disagreed with your list bud i think most of the people deserve to be there and i was NOT being sarcastic...i am NOT the person you want ask for advice and unless i misunderstood the list i thought you were mentioning people who help out and understand the role their classes should play in the moors etc. claw and deathripper were always two that stuck it out with me just so they do not feel unmentioned. hmm to mention some other classes: burg? HANDS DOWN Tuff. hunter i would have to say bora in his prime back in the day. minstrels i would have to say moggs, ponds. guards i would have to say yes dhregin nowadays and maybe harding and tol. wls yes gurugaren (if he was still around) sederoth gothnon cuth and words are all amazing. reaver i would have to say invicti prep and trag. weaver: krioss (if he was still around) webslinger, webspin, cahatalu. champs are davadin and koll. lm stuns, oisal, turelion and taerlon if he ever magically appears....i doubt anyone remembers him anyway. blackarrow id have to say grogg and deathdealer. capt HOBODABOBO (AHAHAHAHAHA) or loscules or irphor.
    Blame the players.

yes not a list quit bitching....im SORRY if its impossible to read but those are just my 2c. im lazy so stuff it.
    Blame the players.

You spelled my name incorrectly Tol.

There are a ton of good players that played in the moors, I'll make a post eventually.

Oh, and I'd be a bad mentor to most people.
    Last edited by empen; Apr 11 2008 at 11:23 PM.
    [color=#1177ff][U][color=#66ff33][B]L[/B][/color][color=#ccff00]ore-[B][color=#66ff33]M[/color][/B]asterin'[/color][/U][/color] [color=#224422]since 1899[/color]

w00t! i got mentioned FTW!! i just saw this. cool. thank you

here's my attempt. i'm gonna list JUST ONE for each class, coz if i put 2, then there's gonna b discrepancies on the 3rd, 4th, and so on. and there's so many. and like putnal said, its not like the people i list is hands-down-the-best, but prolly the first name that pops in my head when i put <insert class> and tutor in the same sentence.

hunter: spiriel. its jsut everytime im in the same group on him, evrytime i said "spir, on <insert creep name>!", next thing i kno its dead. lol
    burg: andalusia. sicebol is great on leading raid, as well as being MA. but Anda is very reliable when i need something to b dealt with fast and efficiently.
    capt: irphor. irph heal like mad, n thanks to acair, he knows the dark side very well. and knowing the dark side is a very huge advantage.
    champ: slither. coz regardless my point of view of his style, having 4 stars is still hard work. very hard work.
    guardian: dhregin. well, he's just really thick.
    LM: Oisal. magic. nuff said.
    Minst: Nyia. keeping my butt alive is an achievement for any minstrel out there. but keeping my butt alive AND the rest of the raid is just insane. Madgie is an honorable mention here coz she can pretty much keep my green bar full.... when im webbed and zerged by a full raid.

reaver: ugdush. he's one deadly suicidal reaver... that wont die. for a reaver, that's like going beyond ur call of duty.
    BA: Nerd. i mean... NERD. NERD FIND HUMAN. NERD KILL! HAHA. HELLO! NERD IS COOL. i remember one im in the same raid, n he accidently typed in lowercase, the whole raid is like... OMG!!! SERVER FIRST!!!!
    WL: Gothnon. tsk... hard call here. so many good vet WL id like to mention.
    weaver: none. spiders should die. period. no jk, Cahatalu ftw its like evrytime i see Cahatalu in the field, turning on Glory and slapping a shield while running to the back of the raid becomes second nature.
    warg: another tough call. but ill have to say Sneakx. not only he's damn good at it, he got honours. not, regular, human stay-n-fight-honour. warg honours. but he's not a hit-n-run-for-ur-life-warg either. ah its hard to explain. lets just say if all this is real, and if u die, u die, Sneakx is probably the most experienced AND feared warg in the moors. honorable mentions are of course Gurthag, Blondie, and Roosterteeth. they'r like... the forefathers of stalkers lol.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

davadin i would have to disagree with several of your choices but maybe you are picking on personality and willingness to teach? some people i never actually got to have a conversation with so maybe i just do not know.
    Blame the players.

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't pull up an old thread, or create a new thread about "who is the best". So I haven't. My questions below are in no way an attempt to begin a debate about whose buddy plays their class the best...please do not make it that.

Your tutor for a day...

So, if you could choose(preferably) one person to teach you their main toons class, be it creep or freep, who would they be? Why? What makes them stand out in your mind over another well played member of that class?
    I'm gonna have to think about this one.

I never get put on any cool lists..... I need a sign...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d5e70/01008/signature.png]Dorun[/charsig]

25. Apr 12 2008, 02:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    davadin i would have to disagree with several of your choices but maybe you are picking on personality and willingness to teach? some people i never actually got to have a conversation with so maybe i just do not know.
    personality, willingness to teach, skill, and ability to have a jolly good time.

if ur asking "purely skill", then um. i dont know. i never played any other class. as for champ. im quite content with myself.

bwahahahahaha.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast