We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (Book 14)

Quote Originally Posted by yossalu View Post
    Okay, I finally decided to put in the work to update this guide for Book 8. Many of the item names have changed and I will be re-alphabitizing this soon. A few of the ingredient names have changed as well, and that too will be altered shortly. I have added in the 3 new guild recipes that can be obtained with Galadhrim rep, and will be putting in the non-guild Galadhrim recipes shortly.
    Thank you so much, yossalu. I can't wait to see the product of your efforts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ad326/01008/signature.png]Hunberht[/charsig]

How can I download this? or print it, all the tool bars on it are greyed out

The cooking price guide will be offline while I am in the process of updating it for Volume 3. Because it was not up to date with the recipe changes from Siege of Mirkwood this process will take some time, and I do not yet know when the update will be completed. I will post here again when I have finished. I expect to have it done by the end of the week, but it may be back before that.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    Our weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    Sundays at 6pm: Roving Threats Tour
    Wednesdays at 8pm: Tunes & Ales around Eriador
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com

Looking forward to it, and good luck. This guide has always been one of the most helpful (an up-to-date) on the forums.

One thing I can already see by checking some recipes is that Lembas have really come down in price, even lower than Blackberry Tarts. The downside to this is that the farmed mats for both are Tier 4, so you no longer get the appropriate crit item for the Tier 5 Trail foods.
    Agtarnen, 65 Minstrel Rank 7, Brandywine
    Aglarwyn, 65 Warden Rank 4
    Agadoc, 65 Hunter, retired
    Agnei, 65 Burglar

Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (Volume 3)

The cooking guide is back online (as it seems some of you have already discovered, heh). I've made most of the changes and have done my best to make sure it is all accurate. It is certainly very possible that I made some mistakes because so many of the recipes have changed. At this time I'm not offering an excel link for download, but I hope to have that in the future. In addition, the price list link has not yet been updated with all of the new recipes because I wanted to just get this back up as soon as I could.

Hopefully this will be useful to some of you. Again, please let me know if you see anything that needs correction or would like to see something added. It should again be noted that prices for farmed items and wood are completely arbitrary because I must take into account whether one has a farmer or not and the fluctuation of the AH prices from server to server. I will post a link sometime in the (hopefully) near future when I have an excel file that can be downloaded.

Terrific guide, but are there values for Lothlorien Waybread and the such that I just seemed to have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post
    Terrific guide, but are there values for Lothlorien Waybread and the such that I just seemed to have missed?
    Yipes, looks like I had the guild recipes up but did not have the regular ones anymore. It is corrected now.

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post

If you're looking for cost to make the item:
    Waybread is a cooked item, check that tab. The items run across the top so it's at about column AY

I don't see the item stats for it on the front page either though
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

The guide has been updated for the latest patch. The only change is bringing the tier 6 guild recipes back in line with the other tiers. So if you're wondering why the cost of making Superior Lothlorien Waybread has now more than tripled, there's your answer. I always figured that one was a bug, but I sure enjoyed it while it lasted. Sniffle.

I hope to have a downloadable excel version of the guide Soon™. But for now, please let me know if you find any errors or if there's anything you'd like to see added.

Downloadable Excel and OpenOffice spreadsheets of the Cooking Price Guide are now available. These spreadsheets offer the additional function of a cost and points calculator as well as internal links to other sections of the spreadsheets.

To use the calculator go to the 2nd tab of the worksheet labeled as "level points". Enter values in the 2nd column and the points gained, total cost, and resale value are automatically calculated and added up at the bottom of the page.

If you would like to change the price of vendor and farming items to reflect housing discounts or your personal farmed item costs, please change the values in the "brewing" tab and it will change throughout the document.

I have also added three of the best links on the cook forums to the first post of this thread. As always, let me know if you find any errors or if you would like something added in future releases. Thanks!

Oh my! I just came across this and all I can say is THANK YOU!!!! I think I found what I've been looking for, and a whole lot more.

I really should learn how to make good spreadsheets lol and not just use them for variable sized graph paper

AWESOME JOB!!!

Lots of time and work put into the list. Thanks.

I used to have your old list bookmarked... I'm overjoyed to find you updated! Thanks for the hard work!
    [i]Salvation[/i] ~ Meneldor
    Eolynd Swordstorm- Woman Champion ~ Emeralda Greenleaf - Hobbit Burglar ~ Elemmir - Elf Runekeeper ~ Eltinwing - Elf Hunter ~ Elanya -Hobbit Warden ~ Eredith - Woman Captain ~ Eltinwe - Elf Minstrel ~ Eilwy - Hobbit Guardian ~ Along with assorted Creeps

We keep what we /bump.
    It is the Necroposter way.

EDIT: oh, sticky... probably immune to forum purges. Oh well...
    Last edited by KnowBuddy; Oct 06 2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: :P

If you updated this for Isen it would be much appreciated.
    Balaric/Bojangle/Orkgasm/Urf/Spyderpig

I'm so sorry about the delay--I was hoping to have this up last week, but ended up a bit busier than expected over the weekend. I also wanted to make sure that I had all of the recipes on the live server before revising the file, but though I am still a couple short I will go forward based on information on the Lotro wiki as the Lorebook has lagged behind.

I hope to have it ready today. Again, I do apologise for the delay.

*hug* No need to appologize! Golly, we really appreciate all the work you put into this. And no, we don't say Thanks often enough!!!!
    Thalia, for Reacher
    Bubbie, for posterity
    Glyndis, because I needed an elf

It took me more hours than I'd like to admit, but the online Google docs version is finally updated for Westfold crafting and the other changes that have come to cooking since Volume 3. I will look over it again to make sure everything is correct tomorrow, but today my eyes just won't let me. If you find any corrections, please send me a PM.

The downloadable versions are not yet updated (because of formatting issues I have to update them separately from the online version). I do not yet have an ETA for those versions, but I will update the initial post in this thread when I've updated them. I may also add some of the features that various people have requested over the last year, but I don't want to make any promises quite yet.

Hope you all find this helpful. Good luck with your cooking and bon appétit!

Great Guide! Thank you for all the effort.

Just a small nit, however. Since Westfold Farming currently has a 1:1 final product yield vs. 1:4 final product yield for the lower tiers, shouldn't the cost of Westfold farmed materials be 4 times as expensive in the spreadsheet?

I know you are just using estimates as opposed to actual farming costs, but this is one adjustment that is probably warranted.

Thank you very much!
    Farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by b-morgan View Post
    Great Guide! Thank you for all the effort.

Just a small nit, however. Since Westfold Farming currently has a 1:1 final product yield vs. 1:4 final product yield for the lower tiers, shouldn't the cost of Westfold farmed materials be 4 times as expensive in the spreadsheet?

I know you are just using estimates as opposed to actual farming costs, but this is one adjustment that is probably warranted.
    I initially decided to keep it as is after some careful consideration as it was a somewhat arbitrary number in the first place. There is just no way to properly express the cost of farmed items as some purchase the items from the AH, some purchase the raw materials on a home discount, some may use the new peat crit item for producing the items, and the yield from each field varies wildly.

But with a cost of 2.40 per seed from a non-home vendor it does seem 40 copper per item is a reasonable figure, assuming a yield of 6 crops per field. Naturally, mileage will vary based on some of the factors mentioned above. So I have now adjusted the document to 40 copper for Westfold crops.
    Last edited by yossalu; Oct 09 2011 at 02:57 PM.

I just started back playing from a year ago and the cookbook i was using was outdated. I was excited to see this one was updated and wanted to thank you SO much for the work that was put into this. I can now start feeding Imladris as I did a year ago and try to make some coin xD That's the whole reason I came back..to farm and cook haha.. and wait..there's a new level cap now I can get my 65 mini up xD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000000f144/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I just started looking through this pricing guide, and I have to say that I think the pricing for Bilberry Pies is way off. My own estimates, based on farming everything required myself (including pie crust ingredients) puts them at closer to 18 silver each (800-900 silver per stack). I can't imagine how it would be possible for them to only cost around 59 silver per stack (unless I am reading the spreadsheet wrong). Just looking at the pricing of other items in the Westfold tier, this sticks out as a HUGE error.

Of course, this would explain why I've got people on my server selling stacks of 50 for 750 silver.
    Last edited by kmcferrin; Sep 04 2012 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    I just started looking through this pricing guide, and I have to say that I think the pricing for Bilberry Pies is way off. My own estimates, based on farming everything required myself (including pie crust ingredients) puts them at closer to 18 silver each (800-900 silver per stack). I can't imagine how it would be possible for them to only cost around 59 silver per stack (unless I am reading the spreadsheet wrong). Just looking at the pricing of other items in the Westfold tier, this sticks out as a HUGE error.
    Based on my own farming, I do stand behind that price. I will explain this in full, so bear with me here.

The farming cost for 1 bunch of bilberries was set to 40 copper, based on the price adjustment for tier 7 farming. Lower tier farmed items are set to 10 copper. The person who put together the original guide that I based this on many years ago assumed a yield of 6-7 items, and I kept this in my original spreadsheet. This does initially seem high, but it also assumed that some crits will occur while processing items either on the farming or cooking side.

There is no way to properly price the clump of peat, so I simply cannot put this as part of the equation. Some must purchase from the AH, some do not use them at all, and many others have an almost limitless supply of the necessary piles of rich soil. This will certainly effect the yield both in the initial stage and in the processing of the raw crop into the cook-ready item. I also do not factor in the cost of tool repair, as the mileage will vary. The main thing that throws the cost off is the use of a Westfold crop seed versus a hearty Westfold crop seed. The yield from the hearty Westfold seed can vary widely, generally with a crop yield of 6-12 (though I did get one 3, lower than any regular seed). The regular seed came in at 4-6 almost every time.

I planted a series of 6 fields, the first one split between regular and hearty and using no peat (and using items purchased from a field vendor rather than a discounted home vendor). This led to a yield of 38 raw crops and 104 bilberries total. The cost for each bilberry would be 43 copper, just over the 40 copper set as the per item price. For the next series of 6, I used just regular with no peat. This led to 33 crops and a yield of only 66 bilberries, as I had no crits. Even then, my cost was just 24 copper per bilberry. Finally, a field of 6 hearty resulted in a pitiful 37 crops with a minimum yield of 74, which would be just under 1 silver per bilberry. Using a single clump peat for processing one yield of 5 raw crops from a regular Westfold field resulted in 24 bunches of bilberries, or just 9 copper per bilberry. Similar success with a hearty yield of 10 using 2 peat clumps would come to 48 bilberries at a cost of just over 25 copper per bilberry. This is a small sample size, but it follows the pattern I have observed in my past farming.

Based on this and my observations over the past year since Westfold farming was introduced, it seems clear that hearty seeds are not cost effective. Stick with regular, use clumps of peat in processing and purchase items at a discount home vendor and your costs per farmed item will be very low. And yes, you will get pinches of Westfold herbs from the regular seeds.

Because the bilberry pie recipe uses mostly farmed items with only 2 cheap chicken eggs, I am comfortable with an estimated cost of 1 silver 18 copper per pie. Even if the initial cost of the ingredients is 18 silver (and if you use regular seeds, peat, and home housing vendors it will not be close), because you are using farmed items the cost of each subsequent pie will be significantly lower. All of the other Westfold cooked items use expensive vendor items, and thus their price will be markedly higher.

With all of this being said, I will be adding in the tier 8 items prior to the update this time around. I also missed a few recipes from the last update (the Second Breakfast coffee being one), so those will also be added at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by yossalu View Post
    Because the bilberry pie recipe uses mostly farmed items with only 2 cheap chicken eggs, I am comfortable with an estimated cost of 1 silver 18 copper per pie.
    OK, I didn't believe this, so I did some testing by planting 20 crops of each of the three ingredients to get an average cost per unit. These are the average costs that I came up with (rounded up):

1 bunch of bilberries - 35 copper
    1 Shire Apple - 7 copper
    1 pie crust - 52 copper (1 chicken egg @ 24 copper and 4 bundles of barley @ 7 copper each)
    1 chicken egg - 24 copper

Grand Total: 1 silver 18 copper per pie.

That is, of course, EXACTLY what you got. I wonder where my earlier math when wrong when I came up with 18 silver?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast