We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Scenes from Middle Earth

Oooo....Look at those DX 10 shadows!

It's good to be the king

The Dwarven city of Gondamon

View from Dead Man's Perch.
    "He's to be able to fight like an angry bear and, if necessary, slit an enemy's throat without hesitation or regret. Then spit in his face in anger for the way his victim's blood dirties his boots."

Re: Scenes from Middle Earth

Beautiful. On occasion I've gotten tired of playing the game... but never of looking at it . Hopping on a horse and just taking in the views all over Middle-earth is a sure-fire blues cure.
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

Not only did I get the Ridge-Racer title, I got a great view of High Hollin

BG from a safe distance

The kiss of death
    "He's to be able to fight like an angry bear and, if necessary, slit an enemy's throat without hesitation or regret. Then spit in his face in anger for the way his victim's blood dirties his boots."

Fields of Fornost

Morning over the Midgewater Marshes

North Downs

Shire Rainbow

Shire Sunset

Foggy Weathertop

Shipwreck in Forochel

Rivendell

Why can't I step on it?

Durin's Bane

Seen in the moors last night...
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000012798c/signature.png]Hratak[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Icewinddale View Post

Seen in the moors last night...
    I didn't realize they hard herding dogs in the game.

Waterworks in Moria:

Thread proves what I think almost all the time....

You might whine about end game content, bugs, class "fixes", crafting, etc... but if you would just take the time and close your mouth and look around at the world you are running around in you will notice the effort and time put into making what you are taking the time and playing...

By the way if you ever think Turbine isn't doing their job, doesn't care, or doesn't take the time to do anything... stop and look at a Hare or Fox... and then look at the shadow on the ground as they move. If a company or developer can take the time to go down to that level they can take the time to do things on a grander scale.
    [COLOR=darkred][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]Mellonwe - 65 Hunter (Main)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Melruina - 65 LM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Panera - 65 RK[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Insu - 65 Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

The Endless Stairs as seen from the Redhorn Lodes

I just like the particle effects.

Redhorn Lodes

Just 3 heroes ever vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopingstick View Post
    I didn't realize they hard herding dogs in the game.
    LOL...it is a tough life, but someone has to do it.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000012798c/signature.png]Hratak[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Maeshani View Post
    Thread proves what I think almost all the time....

You might whine about end game content, bugs, class "fixes", crafting, etc... but if you would just take the time and close your mouth and look around at the world you are running around in you will notice the effort and time put into making what you are taking the time and playing...

By the way if you ever think Turbine isn't doing their job, doesn't care, or doesn't take the time to do anything... stop and look at a Hare or Fox... and then look at the shadow on the ground as they move. If a company or developer can take the time to go down to that level they can take the time to do things on a grander scale.
    I agree that despite the plethera of problems Turbine has with this game as people (including myself) have stated in the game, it is one of the best I have seen in the way of graphics and detail. I just noticed the other night that you can actually see the reflection of the star in the water outside. I had noticed the landscape reflections before but not the stars. So yeah, if you just take a few moments to look around then you will find that what Turbine has made of the scenery in middle earth is quite beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewinddale View Post
    I just noticed the other night that you can actually see the reflection of the star in the water outside. I had noticed the landscape reflections before but not the stars.
    You want reflections? I got yer reflections right here:

and here:

I don't have a super computer, but water/reflection beauty here you go

[COLOR=darkred][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]Mellonwe - 65 Hunter (Main)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Melruina - 65 LM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Panera - 65 RK[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Insu - 65 Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Bag End is a pretty large building....by hobbit standards anyway.

The City of Kings.

Orion, the mightiest of hunters.

Another view friom the Water Works

Just relaxing with the locals.

Real men sew.

Hobbits really do live in the most peaceful of places.

I like the textured look of the mountain. This is above Moria.

The writing is on the walls.

Galadriel's Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Maeshani View Post

Excellent work everyone, I love to see everyone's point of view of the game......And I can usually name exactly where each one is taken but this one befuddles me.......can I get a little help on this one's location?

6 Chestnut Road(Home) - 8 Long Street (Kin)- Herbroke, Bree - Landroval

that looks liek either The School in Eregion.. if I remember it's got that large shallow pool in the middle of the room when you first enter..

The Old Forest from the Brandy Hills

Another shot of Rivendel

There are lots of dead fish around here

get that tutor title and you might guess where it is

These pictures don't do the game justice. You actually have to be there to fully appreciate the beauty of this game. It's so breathtaking and I spend hours upon hours of just taking landscapes of this game. I wish i could put more than 4 pictures in per post since I have many more that are also very beautiful beyond description. I daresay I have a couple better than these or at the same level of beauty but these are some taken within the last month. Video Card: Powercolor ATi Radeon X1600 PRO PCI-E. Pretty much all graphics settings are at their highest. I don't have any Anti-Aliasing on these photos but I think I'll start turning it on for just taking pics. Ingame resolution is 1680x1024 but when I posted those from Imageshack just now they were just too large for the page so these are in 1024x768 due to PhotoBucket's downsizing.

Last edited by Amit; Jul 27 2009 at 12:08 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000001094/01008/signature.png]Amazair[/charsig]

How did that chicken get up there? LOL...another strange sight.

That's me in the tent

A shot of the peaceful village of Budgeford

A red sky in the morning means bloodshed the night before. What does a purple sky at night mean?

The two big keeps in Evendim

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast