We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Missy's Tailoring Guide

I had noticed there was alot of information out there but it was scattered around in different places, so I tried to gather it all up and write a tailor's guide.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Missy...ailoring_Guide

I included:

1. A basic guide to crafting and crafting guilds.
    2. Brief descriptions of the quests for tailoring (with links).
    3. A "Fast Track" guide for getting to SM using as few hides as possible plus a cost breakdown.
    4. Recipes and the stats of the item created (regular and crit) side by side for easier comparison.
    5. Ingredients needed for each recipe.
    6. Breakdown of hides needed for each recipe (plus any hidden items you need such as the gem needed to make some components).
    7. Where the recipe is found (Automatic, Drop, Vendor).
    8. Craft exp gained.
    9. Armour Comparison section which shows the main stats of each group of armour. This makes it easy find that perfect piece to fill in your outfit.

What I tried to do different with the recipes is to put them in a more recognizable format (like you would see in a tooltip). All recipes include links to the lorebook. Note: some items do not exist in the lorebook yet, like Lothlorien armour, hopefully they will update that soon.

I also put each like piece next to each other (leggings next to leggings) for easy comparison (grouped by tier and type, however there are a couple exceptions like Losseth armour).

Here is a couple screenshots of a bit of it.

Please let me know if there are any errors or suggestions
    You can leave them here or edit the "Feedback" portion at the bottom of the page.

I have updated it to include the new SoM armour and the recent changes to recipes. I am sure with all the changes I missed something or messed something up I will try to fix the errors as I find them so be kind.

I hope you find something in the guide helpful.
    Last edited by Unique; Dec 10 2009 at 05:27 PM.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Re: Missy's Tailoring Guide

wow......amazing work....this would be invaluable not only to the new tailors but also for existing tailors for stat and crit comparisons.

thanks a lot....really appreciate all the hard work.

you should get a forum title for your work!
    The troll accountant hits you with his calculator for 14 common damage and fines you 600 silver for Type 3 non delineated practices - http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=12

oooh, purty charts. Me likey! Keep up the awesome work, Missy!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ad326/01008/signature.png]Hunberht[/charsig]

Excellent work! Many, many thanks!!

I have to say you did a very nice job! I would have wasted so many hides without this.

I did find one error. Under "Fast Track" for Master and Supreme levels, some of the numbers dont add up. Copy and pasted from your guide... Stuff in bold and italics is what doesnt add up.

______________________________ ______________________________ _____________
    Master: 1560 Points (520/1040)

Shopping List:
    • Use Campaigner's Armour Recipe (Auto Granted)
    • 156 Spools of Elven-Thread
    624 Exceptional Hides or 312 Pieces of Exceptional Leather

Crafting List for proficiency:
    • Boil 208 Exceptional Hides into 104 Pieces of Exceptional Leather
    • Craft 52 Exceptional Leather Pads (208 exp)
    • Craft 52 Campaigner's Armour (312 exp)

Quest: A Love of Attire (Quest given by any Master Craftsman)

Crafting List for mastery:
    Boil 780 Exceptional Hides into 390 Pieces of Exceptional Leather
    • Craft 104 Exceptional Leather Pads (416 exp)
    • Craft 104 Campaigner's Armour (624 exp)

Supreme: 1800 Points (600/1200)

Shopping List:
    • Heralds Armour Recipe (Mob Drop)
    • 100 Spool of Extraordinary Thread
    800 Extraordinary Hides or 400 Pieces of Extraordinary Leather

Crafting List for proficiency:
    • Boil 540 Extraordinary Hides into 270 Pieces of Extraordinary Leather
    • Craft 34 Extraordinary Leather Plates (136 exp)
    • Craft 34 Extraordinary Leather Pad (136 exp)
    • Craft 34 Heralds Armour (340 exp)

Crafting List for mastery:
    • Boil 1080 Extraordinary Hides into 540 Pieces of Extraordinary Leather
    • Craft 66 Extraordinary Leather Plates (264 exp)
    • Craft 66 Extraordinary Leather Pad (264 exp)
    • Craft 66 Heralds Armour (660 exp)
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000161d09/signature.png]Friskyvenom[/charsig]
    [size=-2][B][I]Evandar[/I][/B], Hunter, [Color=Cyan]Rank 9[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evansil[/I][/B], Rune-Keeper, [Color=Cyan]Rank 7[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evandazi[/I][/B], Champion, [Color=Cyan]Rank 4[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evandove[/I][/B], Lore Master, [Color=Cyan]Rank 4[/Color][/size]
    [size=-2][B][I]Friskyvenom[/B][/I], [Color=Red]Rank 10[/Color] Spider ~ [B][I]Friskyorcling[/I][/B], [Color=Red]Rank 7[/Color] Reaver ~ [B][I]Friskypuppy[/I][/B], [Color=Red]Rank 6[/Color] Warg ~ [B][I]Friskyfungi[/B][/I], [Color=Red]Rank 5[/Color] Defiler[/center][/size]

Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

Evander - thanks for catching that - I must have missed that part when I converted that section from the old way - will fix it right away
    Edit: The totals in the shopping list and amount of of components were correct - I just missed the Boil X hides numbers in the proficiency and mastery lists. All better now.
    Last edited by Unique; Dec 13 2009 at 03:10 PM.

Just a suggestion to make the normal vs crit comparisons a bit easier (in the tables and in the listed sections) is to consider delineating altered stats with font change/typeface change? That way the reader's eye would get pulled to the stats that change between the normal and crit versions.

Just my 2c.

I do love your work.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]"I wonder what causes this, and if it could be changed," shows a much deeper thought process than, "Is it laziness or incompetence that prevents my desires from being fulfilled?"[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=blue][B]floon[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]"There are no limits to the devious plans of Sapience™"[/COLOR][COLOR=blue] ~ [B]Tolero[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000052200/01001/signature.png]Borihnon[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by RusselDog View Post
    Just a suggestion to make the normal vs crit comparisons a bit easier (in the tables and in the listed sections) is to consider delineating altered stats with font change/typeface change? That way the reader's eye would get pulled to the stats that change between the normal and crit versions.

Just my 2c.

I do love your work.

Thank you for the suggestion, it's a good idea - I will definately keep it in mind. After all the SoM changes I definatly don't want to go back in and make a major overhaul at this point, but that could easily change.

And on another note:
    Thanks for the sticky

Congratulations on the Sticky and the Featured Community Guide, Missy!

EDIT: And the custom title!

"There are many powers in the world, for good and for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming. "

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetMeasured View Post
    Congratulations on the Sticky and the Featured Community Guide, Missy!

EDIT: And the custom title!

Thank you NYM

To whom it may concern:

Thank you very much for the new title and for featuring my guide, what a nice Christmas present.

It was a labor of love (twice with all the changes from SoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Thank you NYM

To whom it may concern:

Thank you very much for the new title and for featuring my guide, what a nice Christmas present.

It was a labor of love (twice with all the changes from SoM)
    It is an amazing guide and your effort was very evident! Merry Christmas!

The best guide by far that I have ever seen.

Awesome work
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000019aa49/01007/signature.png]Tibearius[/charsig]

Thumbs up Re: Missy's Tailoring Guide

@Missy

Thank you for time and effort you put into this project and your full tailor's Guide.

Unfortunately some parts are for only players who belong to a Kin and my Supreme Master Tailor does not.

I do think that any player whose toon has achieved a rank should be able to join a Kin at the rank their toon has achieved. They should also have full access to the Kin's benefits.

I help alot of players on my own because I was once just starting out and other players helped me. Starting over to achieve a rep from the bottom seems too much considering that you have already been that route. There are enough factions to achieve a high rep with as it is in the game.

Once again, Thank you for the extraordinary work you put in to make your Tailor's Guide available especially for those players just starting out on their journey to become a SM Tailor.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000020a3c7/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Time is a honest judge and a relentless master use it well or regret it later.”

Thumbs up Re: Missy's Tailoring Guide

Still the best guide I've seen. Thank you Missy! You're the BEST!!!

Does anyone have a new link for this guide by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay5in View Post
    Does anyone have a new link for this guide by chance?
    There's no new link to my knowledge, but I've got a copy if you want. Send me your email if you still want this guide!
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

i am armourer and need brushed leathers and can never find them on Ah and cant make leathers as armourer tailor, where can i get them trying to finish my tailoring completed my metalsmithing and prospecting already.

Great Guide

Just getting back into LOTRO after a few years; great crafting guide!

^ It was a good guide. But since the crafting changes in update12, it's doubtful that any of the information would be useful to you now.

I'm wondering why some of these topics remain stickied. None of the links to lore book work anymore, and most of the information is way out of date.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

It's still very good, helps a lot // for me -> helped