We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Re: The Scholars Guide

Quote Originally Posted by zenobian View Post
    Thank you ...Thank you...Thank you... I have done all the crafts but scholar seems to be the hardest to master. This will help a million!!!
    I went from apprentice to Supreme Master scholar in three days. It was boring to go to ruins and study the pottery, but totally easy to master. Much, much easier than other professions like Weaponsmith for instance. I think scholar might be the easiest of them all. Of course, that is, if you start when you are high level, then the mobs at the ruins are grey, and don't see you.

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    I went from apprentice to Supreme Master scholar in three days. It was boring to go to ruins and study the pottery, but totally easy to master. Much, much easier than other professions like Weaponsmith for instance. I think scholar might be the easiest of them all. Of course, that is, if you start when you are high level, then the mobs at the ruins are grey, and don't see you.
    They see you, you're just so overly powerful that they would never dream of attacking you

Additional Supreme Scholar Recipes:
    Purple Dye (6xp)
    1 Juicy Elderberry
    1 Indigo Plant
    1 Piece of Chalk
    1 Bottle of Water
    1 Small Glass Phial
    Rose Dye (6xp)
    1 Juicy Strawberry
    1 Amaranth Petal
    1 Piece of Chalk
    1 Bottle of Water
    1 Small Glass Phial

Thanks for the compilation, that had to take time!

I've not been playing long and i'll really been trying to find out were the recipe for Rivendell Green comes from but can't find it. Ppl love to say that they have used the dye or what is in the dye but not were it is.

I have also been keeping an eye on the AH for the last week and noting, not the hint of a bottle, is it that hard to get/find?

I would love to say this has been a great guide for me so far ( only an Expert so far )
    Last edited by Kebalan; Nov 19 2011 at 03:01 PM.

I think I got my copy of that recipe in either Forochel or Eregion,

Eastemnet Master Scholar in 8 hours without touching a single node. Thanks to donations from kinnies and spending about 90-100g on the AH. This guide was great. I basically made morale/power pots and dyes and tier 7/8 just Gondorian pages/ Sealed Wax. This used the least amount of resources. Using the guide helped me decide what to craft.

Now the grind to get guild rep.

So, I have a lvl 82 LM scholar....and i'm still an apprentice. lol, I just can't get past how boring it is :P
    http://roia.biz/ts/n/naELvq1BAANF.WM3OTAAQgAAYp5mMQ A-A/

Quote Originally Posted by QuttideBachi View Post
    Eastemnet Master Scholar in 8 hours without touching a single node. Thanks to donations from kinnies and spending about 90-100g on the AH. This guide was great. I basically made morale/power pots and dyes and tier 7/8 just Gondorian pages/ Sealed Wax. This used the least amount of resources. Using the guide helped me decide what to craft.
    Now the grind to get guild rep.
    I am not in the least embarrassed to say that it took me a year and a half to max out my studies and all guild rep. By this time I have a good understanding of and appreciation for my craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivamus_Inferna View Post
    So, I have a lvl 82 LM scholar....and i'm still an apprentice. lol, I just can't get past how boring it is :P
    Did you make stopping to collect materials a part of your normal routine while leveling your LM to 82? Did you collect any materials at all along the way? If you are still an apprentice and find it so boring why not switch to something else?
    Last edited by Breeon; Nov 28 2013 at 05:31 PM.

black dye

Where doe's black dye recipe drop from.

Quote Originally Posted by forthman View Post
    Where doe's black dye recipe drop from.
    there is no black dye recipe normally, except from the scholars guild. you can make them via the scholars guild. or you can make them by critical success of another dye, i think rust dye.

Rare mats and rare crits
    By and by,
    What will I get for my labour long
    Under the starry sky?
    Seven stacks of seven rust
    And one black dye.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    Rare mats and rare crits
    By and by,
    What will I get for my labour long
    Under the starry sky?
    Seven stacks of seven rust
    And one black dye.
    Why not join a guild?
    Once a day, make small guild scroll
    Guaranteed black dye.

Would the OP or a kindly admin please fix this link? It's in the first posting of the thread:

And supposedly it is the "where to find nodes" link. Kinda important. Cheers!

If that's not possible, maybe some updates can be made here, for example I started to survey gathering locations anew: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...08#post7549608

I do hope others will add locations if the old ones can't be found.
    Last edited by gripply; Mar 04 2016 at 05:45 PM.

I have also been keeping an eye on the AH for the last week and noting, not the hint of a bottle, is it that hard to get/find?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14