We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: The Scholars Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kupotek View Post
    What are the Graven Runes used for?
    Graven runes were used for Battle Lore: Orcs which was removed in beta 2.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002ac5e/01007/signature.png]Meglis[/charsig] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000027d8c/01005/signature.png]Craigins[/charsig]

Does opening up use of the expert study actually do anything for scholars now that we can make scrolls, potions and dyes without use of a study (or am I wrong in assuming that the higher tier crafting recipes can also be made without the use of an expert study?)

Also, has anyone found any t4 node locations that are actually accesible to lvl 15 players (i.e. I haven't checked, but are the two in the trollshaws guarded by mobs)? Or, is everyone more or less stuck at t3 right now. Based on the fact that people are looking for the lost lore, I assume that means others have already completed t3 proficiency.

Could anyone give the location of teh Books on the Lore of Men as well?

Found the 3 others but that one still elude me and have been searching for a few hour now.

Edit: I'm asking because thats the only thing the GM that I tried to get a confirmation on if the books was where it should be (didn,t want to know the location, just if it was missing or not) told me to do...
    Last edited by Artaryl; Apr 09 2007 at 09:06 PM.

The Man book is up on the cliff, before you jump down into the swamp. Imagine the cart ran off the cliff, and crashed.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Darkk [/COLOR]-[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Silver][B][URL="http://www.istariallies.com/"] Istariallies.com[/URL][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=PaleTurquoise] - Brandywine Server
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B]L65 Captain, [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Cyan][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=32009"][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Supreme Master Historian[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Saw a Broken Urn last night in the Rath Teraig, at the first goblin camp on the right as you're coming SW from the Northern border. Unfortunately, I'm only an Apprentice. And apparently will always only be an Apprentice. Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkkHero View Post
    The Man book is up on the cliff, before you jump down into the swamp. Imagine the cart ran off the cliff, and crashed.
    Code:
    H
                           M

DC
                   E
    Layout is sorta like this.
    H=hobbits
    M=men
    D=Dwarves
    E=elves
    c=Cart

Edit: yes some higher level stuff uses the studies, like the hunter oils.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002ac5e/01007/signature.png]Meglis[/charsig] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000027d8c/01005/signature.png]Craigins[/charsig]

Great guide, was wondering if anyone had this style guide for any of the other profession cause this is like my 3rd priority in crafts to master.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003d2a0/signature.png]Unleash[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Baldegur View Post
    Good job on this post. We need to start looking for Spawn locations of Scholar nodes.
    I agree. It's a great post, but not that helpful to me. I can't do anything fancy or worry about anything like books and crit chances if I can't find pitcher nodes.

I may be alone but I have serious trouble finding them without tracking. I keep floaty names on and look around ruins, like the Midgewater marshes, north of the Southern Bree-Fields, but they are so sparse and scarce I have problems with this profession. Any tips? Ideas? Locations? Thanks.
    Proud Founder, member of SoA Beta 2 and MoM Beta, Lifetime Subscription holder.
    Stryker, Son of Stall, Knight of Gondor and Guardian of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth!

Spam the delete key. This will target the nearest node, be it ore, ground pick ups like strawberries or yarrow roots etc, or scholar nodes in ruins. Basically it selects anything clickable. Run through the ruins clicking delete. (Or key map it to some other more comfortable key for you. I use the ~ myself.) Also good to have the arrow to target on in your Combat UI options so you can figure out which way it is to the target.

Happy spamming.
    [center][size=4][font=Kristen ITC][url=http://www.mithrilcrowns.net/forum/portal.php][b]Mithril Crowns[/b][/url][/size][/font]
    [b][color=teal]Maturity[/color][color=silver]^[/color] [color=teal]Fairness [/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Generosity[/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Service[/b][/color][/center]

I've found tier 1 - Shattered pitchers in Ered Luin in Ringdale, and in Orodost.

Found them in the shire at Odo's Leaf farm and Bridgefells wall.

I've found tier 2 - Broken Urns in Kheledul and Rath Teraig in Ered Luin as well.
    [center][size=4][font=Kristen ITC][url=http://www.mithrilcrowns.net/forum/portal.php][b]Mithril Crowns[/b][/url][/size][/font]
    [b][color=teal]Maturity[/color][color=silver]^[/color] [color=teal]Fairness [/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Generosity[/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Service[/b][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Haldradan View Post
    Does opening up use of the expert study actually do anything for scholars now that we can make scrolls, potions and dyes without use of a study (or am I wrong in assuming that the higher tier crafting recipes can also be made without the use of an expert study?)

Also, has anyone found any t4 node locations that are actually accesible to lvl 15 players (i.e. I haven't checked, but are the two in the trollshaws guarded by mobs)? Or, is everyone more or less stuck at t3 right now. Based on the fact that people are looking for the lost lore, I assume that means others have already completed t3 proficiency.
    Yes it does. This is where you will make your higher tier power and morale potions.
    Jantoc N'Ton -50 Lore Master - GM Jeweller
    Wrok Star - 50 Minstrel - GM Scholar
    Frik - Rank 6 Warg - GM Gankster
    Brandywine

thaks this is great

*[Lost Stanzaz of Aiglos] - Fields of Fornost, Satchel, around a Wolf Hill.

not fields of fornost, north of annundir. you confused me greatly cause I was searching every mound in fornost.. >< took me 2 minutes when I looked in the right area. (N. Annundir) stealthable, no aggro.

and isn't there an npc that sells faded sindarin passage every once and a while? just asking cause some level 15's dont have groups to endlessly search for reds to kill.
    Pro Bono. 50 Burglar
    <Ascension Guild>

[font="webdings"]Y[/font]nyria

Quote Originally Posted by jobcorpmike View Post

not fields of fornost, north of annundir. you confused me greatly cause I was searching every mound in fornost.. >< took me 2 minutes when I looked in the right area. (N. Annundir) stealthable, no aggro.

and isn't there an npc that sells faded sindarin passage every once and a while? just asking cause some level 15's dont have groups to endlessly search for reds to kill.
    You can buy esoteric work orders in Dulliond's Study in Erid Luin. They will get you anywhere between 1 and 4 of those sindarin passages every 20 hours. -very- slow way of doing things.
    [u][b][color=#ffffff]K[/color][color=#fcfbff]r[/color][color=#f9f7ff]a[/color][color=#f6f3ff]v[/color][color=#f3f0ff]e[/color][color=#f1ecff]n[/color][color=#eee8ff] [/color][color=#d7c9ff] ~ [/color][color=#d4c5ff] [/color][color=#d1c1ff]5[/color][color=#cebeff]0[/color][color=#b79fff].[/color][color=#b49bff]L[/color][color=#b197ff]M.[/color]R6[/b][/u]
    [size=1][Guiken ~ R5 Burglar][Saereth ~ R5 Minstrel][Dimethyltriptamine ~ R4 Warg] [Nevark ~ R4 Weaver][/size]
    [url]www.fatekinship.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by jobcorpmike View Post

Sorry. It's been a while since I did that quest. I'll update the guide. Thanks.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Darkk [/COLOR]-[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Silver][B][URL="http://www.istariallies.com/"] Istariallies.com[/URL][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=PaleTurquoise] - Brandywine Server
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B]L65 Captain, [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Cyan][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=32009"][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Supreme Master Historian[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Where is the Handbound Journal found please?
    I never saw a wild thing -sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    DH Lawrence

If I remember correctly:

You get the [Hand-Bound Journal] from the Novice Scholar in Trestlebridge, North Downs.

You get the [Cloth-Bound Journal] from the Novice Scholar in Rivendell.

Then finally, you get the
    [Leather-Bound Journal] from the Expert Scholar in Rivendell.

But don't quote me on that. Been a while.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:41 PM.
    [/CENTER]

Very helpful.

Thank you!!

Unhappy Re: The Scholars Guide

Yea I can't find the hand bound journal ethier its not in trestlebridge.

yes trestlebridge is also cloth-bound=(

sending a note to the DM's
    DH Lawrence

I have also seen Broken Urns (Tier 2 nodes) in Kheledul, in Erid Luin.
    Tennetty, Woman Hunter. Ahira Bandylegs, Dwarf Guardian. Doria Perlstien, Woman Minstrel.
    Aristobulous, Elf Lore Master. Walter Slovatski, Man Burgler.
    Server: Gladden Kinship Founder: Champions of the Flame (Guardians of the Flame was already taken) :)

I'm at a particular ruins that has a Broken Urn, and if I sit there for an hour there will still only be one node. But if I get the node, and wait, then another one will appear somewhere else in the ruins.

My question is this: Are there ruins out there that can spawn more than one Broken Urn at a time? Cuz if there are, then camping that ruins would be far more productive that my current camping place.

Also I would like to make a contribution to this lovely guide: Broken Urns can be found at Old Greenway Fort (24.0S, 53.1W), which is just south of the Northern Bree Fields and just east of the North/South road from Bree to North Downs.

Also, I timed the spawn rate of the Broken Urns at Old Greenway Fort, and they respawn anywhere from 15s to 4 minutes and 30s (give or take) since the last node was picked. I don't know, but I suspect that this spawn rate is universal for a particular ruins with scholarly nodes.

Ok, so, can anyone answer my above question?

thanks,
    Baskervore

Correct. Scholar nodes will only spawn once the current spawn has been harvested.

For Tier 2, I farmed Andrath, south of Bree. Usually 2 Urns were up at a time. I generally could harvest 2-3 Urns per minute there, but that was in beta, with low population.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:41 PM.
    [/CENTER]

Bump

anyone find out anything about the Hand-bound journal drop?

thank you in advance
    DH Lawrence

Wonderful guide. It convinced me to give scholar a try.

I'm confused about potions, however. The guide seems to indicate that the lesser potions are available at apprentice level; but all I can make currently is the minor scrolls and I also have journeyman and can make the next level scrolls. I don't have any recipe for potions however. Is there some quest I missed possibly?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast