We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Re: The Scholars Guide

The potion and dye recipes are drops from mobs. They are out there, you just have to find them. Of course as most of the ruins that you end up camping have humanoids in them, you up your chance of getting one of those dropped recipes considerably. There is also the AH to look at.
    [center][size=4][font=Kristen ITC][url=http://www.mithrilcrowns.net/forum/portal.php][b]Mithril Crowns[/b][/url][/size][/font]
    [b][color=teal]Maturity[/color][color=silver]^[/color] [color=teal]Fairness [/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Generosity[/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Service[/b][/color][/center]

Ah, ok. Drops or the AH. I guess I've just been incredibly unlucky so far. Typical! Thanks for the info!

Thanks so much for this great info!
    ::bow::
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000022d8/01008/signature.png]Taliesin[/charsig]
    [color=gold][font=book antiqua]Taliesin~Founder of BHMA[/color][/font]

Ok, for the several posts i have seen with ascii maps, and the slight frustration i felt with no point of reference till i atleast found one of the books, here are the coordinates for all of the books for the expert level quest.

Book of Man 34.4S 26.2W on the ridgeline just above the swamp floor.

Book of Dwarves 35.7S 26.3W right next to the cart

Book of Hobbits 35.3S 27.2W on a little island

Book of Elves 35.7S 26.5W across from dwarf book

Hope this helps some ~

Lingul, Expert Scholar

Brandywine Server
    Last edited by Arcin; Apr 20 2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo

Ty Arcin. I have updated that section of the Guide, with a credit to your name.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:41 PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Darkk [/COLOR]-[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Silver][B][URL="http://www.istariallies.com/"] Istariallies.com[/URL][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=PaleTurquoise] - Brandywine Server
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B]L65 Captain, [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Cyan][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=32009"][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Supreme Master Historian[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Angry Re: The Scholars Guide

Where do I get Hand-Bound Journal? I've searched literally everywhere
    Pro Bono. 50 Burglar
    <Ascension Guild>

[font="webdings"]Y[/font]nyria

As a Johnny-come-lately to this profession, let me give you a BIG thank you for this information! Your time and effort and those of the other contributors are appreciated!

Talking Re: The Scholars Guide

changed my mind will let people know once I can recall the bloody name of the location its green(something) located north of Bree oh good location for light and med hides while you farm the nods.

Also a neat tip for selecting nearest item is to remap the key to your mouse wheel button or the side thumb button if you have it.

I am on Brandywine server Name of Theodrill if you want to send a few silver or scholar items my way :>
    Last edited by Drasil; Apr 22 2007 at 08:31 AM.

Good guide thanks

Ok, so I am just starting out as a scholar, and i have made the first 200 points worth of scrolls... but i can't advance to the mastery of the apprentace level.

The new exp. bar has not appeared yet or the new skills I can perform.

I am a master apprentice of Farming... can you only be proficent in one area?

I'm having the exact same problem advancing from apprentice to scholar. According to the GMs, there is a quest you have to complete to advance, but I can't seem to find where you pick it up. So, if the author or another learned scholar could please post where the advancement quests can be picked up, please do!

Quote Originally Posted by JSirenz View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem advancing from apprentice to scholar. According to the GMs, there is a quest you have to complete to advance, but I can't seem to find where you pick it up. So, if the author or another learned scholar could please post where the advancement quests can be picked up, please do!

You can pick up the advancement quest at any scholar NPC try the one in Bree at the Crafting building

I have updated the FAQ section, with an answer to advancing from Apprentice.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:41 PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Darkk [/COLOR]-[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Silver][B][URL="http://www.istariallies.com/"] Istariallies.com[/URL][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=PaleTurquoise] - Brandywine Server
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B]L65 Captain, [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Cyan][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=32009"][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Supreme Master Historian[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Nobody knows where Hand-Bound Journal is aquired?
    Pro Bono. 50 Burglar
    <Ascension Guild>

[font="webdings"]Y[/font]nyria

FYI, turbine has not fixed the mix up of 'greater' athelas and celebrant recipes. Or, at least for me, using the using Greater Essence of Athelas Recipe gave me the ability to make greater celebrant salves (like it did during closed beta). I hope they plan on fixing this sooner than later. I was quite dismayed when I used the recipe (I would rather have essence of athelas than celebrant salves).

Red face Re: The Scholars Guide

Thanks for the guide. i currently journeyman scholar and im loving this craft. i have nearly 200 silver of scrolls in my inventory. and between my dull erndhart token and the battle/ward scrolls, my burglar becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by jobcorpmike View Post
    Nobody knows where Hand-Bound Journal is aquired?
    What's the actual USE of the journal? I have advanced to Master Apprentice and although I carry a journal have yet to see what it's purpose is......

does it keep a record of what scrolls and potions I have learned to date? How come it doesn't do anything if I click on it in inventory?

Sorry I'm a newb scholar so excuse me for being Klewlezz in this area.

it may be a component or an ingrediant. im pretty sure you use it for making books.

Hi i am a new scholar in the game where is a good place to go to find the beginning materials for crafting like aged scraped texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhak0n View Post
    What's the actual USE of the journal? I have advanced to Master Apprentice and although I carry a journal have yet to see what it's purpose is......

does it keep a record of what scrolls and potions I have learned to date? How come it doesn't do anything if I click on it in inventory?

Sorry I'm a newb scholar so excuse me for being Klewlezz in this area.
    It is a component to make books for Lore Masters. I am having difficulty locating this item as well.
    -Apok of Elendilmir

Exclamation Re: The Scholars Guide (Hand-Bound Journal)

It appears to be a bug, but the dev's are only saying "I won't tell you where it is"... as if they think it's in the game, but no one can find it and Novice Scholars sell the Cloth Bound, an EXPERT level item, when the Hand-Bound Tier 2 version is nowhere to be seen. Would be nice to get a dev weigh-in on this to at least say "Yes, it is verified in the game and not a bug/missing object".

Anyone who has ever said on these forums "Try *here*" (Meaning: Scholar in Duillond, Scholar in Rivendell, Scholar in... etc) has had someone check on it and report back that only the Cloth-Bound version was there, not the Hand-Bound.
    Sidhe - Algernon - Seelie - Cu

Quote Originally Posted by Soysauce View Post
    Hi i am a new scholar in the game where is a good place to go to find the beginning materials for crafting like aged scraped texts.
    Humanoids drop the texts, so killing goblins/orcs/dwarves/brigands is a good way to acquire them in combat. As for pottery and urns and scholar nodes, there are quite a few mentioned throughout this guide, so I'd recommend thumbing through the many pages and you'll get a good feel for them. If you wander about ruins and castles, you'll usually find them. Otherwise, the Scholar's Enclave in Duillond sells them, but you'll have to wait for the work order to complete, and you can buy them in the auction house, but the prices are overpriced. You're best to stick with the other options unless you can find someone with a kind buyout price (And watch for scammers that post low silver and sneak a gold into the buyout price, they're popping up on the AH often now)
    Sidhe - Algernon - Seelie - Cu

Im curious about something - I see that 'Black Dye' is listed as a possible dye, but it's not on the dropped recipe list. Is it a quest or purchaseable, or is it not available any longer?

[Black Dye] is a master craft version of [Rust Dye].

It requires Grand Master Scholar to craft.

All black armor is sweet, let me tell ya.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:42 PM.
    [/CENTER]

Like many others, I too am looking for hand-bound journals.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast