We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Re: The Scholars Guide

Im working on the expert quest for scholars (the path of learning II)
    Where do i find the faded sindarian passages, cracked dwarven passages, or the lost stanza of aiglios?
    Im stumped.
    Thanks in advance!

Wink Re: The Scholars Guide

Two of those are your tier 3 materials, and if you look on the front page of this guide, you will see where to find them. Reading the quest would help you some, as the lost stanza is a ground spawn, again, as the guide states. Perhaps scholar isnt your calling.

Do I have to have Apprentice and Journeyman mastered before I can complete the path to learning II? I just collected the satchel along with the other items I was asked for and then tried to complete the lost stanzas, it said success but Nano won't talk to me now and it doesn't show the quest as complete :/

Update: I figured it out....it was late give me a break! :P
    Last edited by King_Leonidas; May 08 2007 at 02:51 AM.

dont worry, as soon as you get to journeyman, youll have a **** load of cryptic texts, but not enough trinkets ~.~ white hand goblins drop the texts like theyre pinatas filled with them. best thing to do, hollar at your kinsmen to send you all the mats. promise returns or payment, and then just wait for them to forget >.>

oh, and i have an extra ballad of aigolos (dont ask) on brandywine but ive got a question about this item... is it a replenishable item? like map home? if not, then turbine should have made it worth my troubles for the damn thing.
    Last edited by Pallotar; May 08 2007 at 03:33 PM.

This thread rocks, I have it bookmarked,

I find it indispensible, thank you!
    ´¨) my home on the web http://www.kittysafe.net
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨) This forum requires that you wait
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤ 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 98 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by waylander123 View Post
    Im working on the expert quest for scholars (the path of learning II)
    Where do i find the faded sindarian passages, cracked dwarven passages, or the lost stanza of aiglios?
    Im stumped.
    Thanks in advance!
    Well, you could read the paper that was given to you with the quest, which you can't delete without dropping the quest.

But the easiest way is to just buy the first two off the AH, and go pick up the stanzas where the quest tells you to get it.

Anyone take a look at the lore book that turbine has put together? Looks like very big changes in store for how potions are made. http://lorebook.lotro.com/index.php/...nce_of_Athelas

I don't know how this is going to change scholar as a profession -- good or bad, but definitely looks like a big change is in store. My guess is that the XP for crafting potions will also be entirely reworked -- maybe only 1-2 XP/potion made, since it looks like potions will be able to be made much more easily. Also, there's no indication of where the athelas leaves or celebrant water is coming from. They will probably be vendor items since the change looks like it's intended to make potions easier to make. Trying to decide now if it's better to master all the levels using the current XP system or to gather materials and then wait until the patch.

edit... looks like the npc scholars will be selling the athelas leaves and the celebrant water.
    Last edited by Haldradan; May 10 2007 at 06:05 PM.

For the journeyman proficiency quest (road to knowledge II i think) the easiest thing to do is to get a work order for esoteric lore (i think it's esoteric...it's the middle one) for 20 silver and wait it out. they prove cracked dwarf carvings and sindarin passages. you could also try the rarest work order for the passages.

the guide here gives the exact location of the satchel you need to pick up.

that makes the quest a whole lot easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Haldradan View Post
    Anyone take a look at the lore book that turbine has put together? Looks like very big changes in store for how potions are made. http://lorebook.lotro.com/index.php/...nce_of_Athelas

I don't know how this is going to change scholar as a profession -- good or bad, but definitely looks like a big change is in store. My guess is that the XP for crafting potions will also be entirely reworked -- maybe only 1-2 XP/potion made, since it looks like potions will be able to be made much more easily. Also, there's no indication of where the athelas leaves or celebrant water is coming from. They will probably be vendor items since the change looks like it's intended to make potions easier to make. Trying to decide now if it's better to master all the levels using the current XP system or to gather materials and then wait until the patch.

edit... looks like the npc scholars will be selling the athelas leaves and the celebrant water.
    What indicates to you that NPCs will sell the leaves & water? In the forum discussing the LoreBook, farmers seem to think they will be growing the leaves [dunno about the water].

Other questions: Will our current formulae still work in addition to the new formulae, or will they be replaced? Will all those scraps of text now be useless*? [* they can be used for the scrolls still, I think, but why bother...]

Quote Originally Posted by uncus View Post
    What indicates to you that NPCs will sell the leaves & water? In the forum discussing the LoreBook, farmers seem to think they will be growing the leaves [dunno about the water].
    This from the Lorebook would seem to indicate vendors will supply leaves and water. As would thisand this.
    Last edited by Cuthillian; May 11 2007 at 11:37 AM.
    [center][size=4][font=Kristen ITC][url=http://www.mithrilcrowns.net/forum/portal.php][b]Mithril Crowns[/b][/url][/size][/font]
    [b][color=teal]Maturity[/color][color=silver]^[/color] [color=teal]Fairness [/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Generosity[/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Service[/b][/color][/center]

Thanks for the links!

Does this now mean that all those scraps of text are now next to useless?[being only used for those scrolls that don't give enough bonus to bother with]
    Will all the known formulae be changed or will we need to find/learn the new formulae or will we have access to both?

i called this in another post i know they were gonna use kingfoil instead of a text. which makes me happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirklin View Post
    For the journeyman proficiency quest (road to knowledge II i think) the easiest thing to do is to get a work order for esoteric lore (i think it's esoteric...it's the middle one) for 20 silver and wait it out. they prove cracked dwarf carvings and sindarin passages. you could also try the rarest work order for the passages.

the guide here gives the exact location of the satchel you need to pick up.

that makes the quest a whole lot easier...

Whoa, is that true? I have been having little success getting into Angmar at level 25
    [COLOR="Red"]Morungor - Elven Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Wintermute - Human Guardian [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Aerioch - Human Champion [/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]Pethron - Leech Master[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][I].:Humble Leader of Rochirrim Faer:. [/I][/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"]Editor in Chief of [URL="http://mayhemrants.com"]Mayhem Rants[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Re: The Scholars Guide

Flawed Spider Eyes can also be found on Spiders in the Kingsfell area of North Downs.

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but thought it worth a mention: These are not as easily recognised as other crafting trophies as they do not have the purple box around them nor do they mention that they can be used in crafting (they look like all other junk drops). This being said, I imagine that players often sell these to merchants without realising their true value to scholars. I would think this is also the reason you never see them for sale on the AH (at least on the Elendilmir server anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Aerioch View Post
    Whoa, is that true? I have been having little success getting into Angmar at level 25
    You don't have to go to Angmar anyway...the scholar guide talks about the RUINED dwarf carving, what you need is the CRACKED dwarf carving. both the sindarin passage and the cracked dwarf carving are in the middle work order, and can be purchased from the auction house.

if you are on the Arkenstone server, I can definitely sell you everything you need for that quest (minus the satchel of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirklin View Post
    You don't have to go to Angmar anyway...the scholar guide talks about the RUINED dwarf carving, what you need is the CRACKED dwarf carving. both the sindarin passage and the cracked dwarf carving are in the middle work order, and can be purchased from the auction house.

if you are on the Arkenstone server, I can definitely sell you everything you need for that quest (minus the satchel of course.)
    Thanks for the offer Kirklin. I did finally get the carving from the work order.
    [COLOR="Red"]Morungor - Elven Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Wintermute - Human Guardian [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Aerioch - Human Champion [/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]Pethron - Leech Master[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][I].:Humble Leader of Rochirrim Faer:. [/I][/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"]Editor in Chief of [URL="http://mayhemrants.com"]Mayhem Rants[/URL][/COLOR]

Does anyone have any information on the wereabouts of the items for "The path of Learning IV" I have all but the "Ruined Dwarf-Manuscript". I cannot find it in Augmar. And being only 36 it is pretty tough going in there. Anyone have an idea where I can pick this item up? Is there a chest that it is in? A location maybe? Or can I just kill Hillmen till it drops?

Rollin, i direct you to page one of this guide, for the location of your item, to include what it is, and its exact Loc.

Guardsman Lingul, Grand Master Scholar
    Valor
    Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by uncus View Post
    Thanks for the links!

Does this now mean that all those scraps of text are now next to useless?[being only used for those scrolls that don't give enough bonus to bother with]
    I wouldn't call them useless at 4s a pop sold to a vendor. I call them a steady source of income.
    [center][size=4][font=Kristen ITC][url=http://www.mithrilcrowns.net/forum/portal.php][b]Mithril Crowns[/b][/url][/size][/font]
    [b][color=teal]Maturity[/color][color=silver]^[/color] [color=teal]Fairness [/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Generosity[/color][color=silver]^[/color][color=teal]Service[/b][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Arcin View Post
    Rollin, i direct you to page one of this guide, for the location of your item, to include what it is, and its exact Loc.

Guardsman Lingul, Grand Master Scholar
    Valor
    Brandywine Server
    Not quite sure what you mean by this. I do not see the Ruined Dwarf Manuscript mentioned anywhere, let alone its location? Am I missing something?

Aah, I see, they have it as a Dwarf Carving, instead of its proper Name of Manuscript. Thanks, Ill go check it out!
    Last edited by Rollin; May 15 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Talking Re: The Scholars Guide

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have been trying to find out where everything was that I need for this craft. So now, thanks to you, I don't have to go in circles and look like I don't know what in the world I am doing. Thanks again.

when r the changes in the recipes for potions going into effect? when can i buy athelas to make potions instead of farming all day?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of some scholars (and praise of others), the ruins of Minas Vrûn in North Downs also spawns several broken urns. The ruins south of the road there usually has 1 urn (tho it may be hard to detect, it likes to spawn on the river-facing walls), and there are perhaps 4 other urn spawn locations along the various walls in the ruins north of the road.

Not incredibly safe ruins - lots of wolves, boars, and goblins that are blue / light blue to a level 25 character.

If this has been mentioned before, my apologies. I tried to search the thread after noticing that MV wasn't listed in the urn spawns.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000012c2/01004/signature.png]Holeyn[/charsig]
    [size=-2]also Aborning (cap) and Aeglin (champ)[/size]
    Leader of [url=http://my.lotro.com/kinship-meneldor-prancing_pwnies/]Prancing Pwnies[/url] on Meneldor

I only just Minas Vrun's spawns last night, and it was a very pleasant surprise!

You might want to add Agamaur in Lone Lands as a location for Tier 3 Vases...I personally have never seen so many in one area...nor as many drops of pieces as the elites in there did.

EDIT: Looking through this thread it is clear that hand bound journals are difficult to find but I know they are not impossible...I have 2...location unknown...got them free from a kinsman! This is on Nimrodel
    Last edited by Mickrox; May 20 2007 at 07:58 AM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast