We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Surviving the night

Has any one finished this deed ? If you have can you confirm that the kill deeds unlock rulers of the dead.I have been running the barrow downs skirm none stop since I figured out how to do it in early march.I have completed 7 out of the 8 parts with only rulers and kill deeds unfinished.The idea of killing 15000 regular mobs and 1500 bosses is not appealing.

Re: Surviving the night

Well either no one has tried this deed or they just arnt talking.So with that ill put down what I know.

Surviving the night is the deed name that gives the title surviving the barrow downs .This deed is made up of 8 parts

Each one of the following deeds needs to be done in a 3,6 and 12 man skirmish

1.Strength of endurance - Survive in the barrow downs for 30 minutes
    2.Pride of endurance - Survive in the barrow downs for 30 minutes 5 times
    3.Unvanquished - Survive the barrow downs for 30 minutes with out any defeats
    4 Mercy of the free people - Survive the BD for 30 minutes with out defeating any lieutenants
    5 Defeating the dead - Kill 250 mobs in 1 skirmish session in the Barrow downs
    6 Rulers of the dead - Unknown at this time might be linked to the kill deeds bellow
    7 Simple skill - Survive for 30 minutes With out completing any named fellowship maneuvers
    8 Strength in diversity - Survive for 30 minutes with no duplicate classes in the group

There are also kill deeds that are associated with this skirmish.Like all deeds in the barrows these need to me completed in a 3,6 and 12 man versoins.

Tier 1
    Foe of the darklord-kill 25 lieutenants
    Foe of the dead - Kill 100 mobs in the barrows skirmish
    Tier 2
    Assailant of the darklord - Kill 100 lieutenants
    Assaliant of the dead - Kill 750 mobs in the barrows skirmish
    Tier 3
    Adversary of the darklord - Kill 500 lieutenants
    Adversary of the dead - kill 5000 mobs in the barrows skirmish
    Tier 4
    Bane of the darklord - Kill 1000 lieutenants
    Bane of the dead - kill 10000 Mobs in the barrows skirm

There is also a deed that seems to not be associated with the others

1 Weathering the storm - survive for 30 minutes in a level 70 BD skirmish
    Last edited by NORINRAD; Aug 14 2010 at 12:30 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000008e634/signature.png]Norinrad[/charsig]

You managed to survive 30 minutes without killing any lieutenants? How?

That one alone makes this very, ummm, ettenmoores, like.
    Last edited by nikito; May 03 2010 at 04:46 AM.
    Leader of [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=173712]R.A.I.D.[/url] (Rememberme's Awesome Instructional Directions).

seriously.

So ridiculous...
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

It's not so bad once you actually start going for it. I never did much BD until this past week, and I already have several of the "Surviving the Night" deeds done myself. Some of them are definitely pretty crazy, but basically involve going in with the right mindset and maybe at times getting a little bit of luck..

No thanks, I'm a total deedoholic and I haven't run any skirmishes for months. Those deeds can go on the pile with the Ettenmoors ones...
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.
    The new forums stink on ice. Let others follow them who can.

Seriously, how did you complete Mercy of the Free people? (Survive 30 min without killing any leuitenants) Especially if you have certain ones.

I can't imagine anyone doing this properly.

p.s. how do you play without any icons on your bars? :P
    Leader of [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=173712]R.A.I.D.[/url] (Rememberme's Awesome Instructional Directions).

Quote Originally Posted by ShatterLSS View Post
    It's not so bad once you actually start going for it. I never did much BD until this past week, and I already have several of the "Surviving the Night" deeds done myself. Some of them are definitely pretty crazy, but basically involve going in with the right mindset and maybe at times getting a little bit of luck..
    At first I would have called you crazy but i recently joined a new kin and we have been going for this deed its honestly not that bad imo

Quote Originally Posted by nikito View Post
    Seriously, how did you complete Mercy of the Free people? (Survive 30 min without killing any leuitenants) Especially if you have certain ones.

I can't imagine anyone doing this properly.

p.s. how do you play without any icons on your bars? :P
    That is the only hard one it takes a combination of luck, lots of heals, and an off tank
    Btw just get a waden to kite tank it literally becomes just like taking a walk. A captain with the DN set for rallying cry also helps

any insights on how to take out 250 mobs in a run? especially small fellowship? the point of overwhelming seems to hit about 25 minutes in (something different happens there on the mobs grow in power reset) -- but the mob kills don't seem to be enough...would love any hints you have.

Quote Originally Posted by twittfounder View Post
    any insights on how to take out 250 mobs in a run? especially small fellowship? the point of overwhelming seems to hit about 25 minutes in (something different happens there on the mobs grow in power reset) -- but the mob kills don't seem to be enough...would love any hints you have.
    Are you using a warden to kite everything? Honestly I did small fellow champ capt warden and we killed 250 and went "WHAT! Already? okay that works" lol Pets were warrior sage herbalist

negative on the warden -- guard and rk's, soldiers are two warriors and an herbalist i think. not a bad combination give the rk's abilities to move (and both heal and dps). might have been a bad combination of lt's, i think we got a couple of defenders of the vile, which NORMALLY, aren't a problem, but when trying to get to 250, seem...daunting.

that and the, oh so many mobs and lt's to kill

will do some experimenting on the rulers of the dead missing piece...have a couple of things i want to test (25 lt's in one run), doing it tier 3. if i discover anything, i'll let you know

I just thought of something that really bugs me. How are you supposed to do strength in diversity in a raid? Do you have to 9 man it or just have no duplicates in the same group?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever76543 View Post
    I just thought of something that really bugs me. How are you supposed to do strength in diversity in a raid? Do you have to 9 man it or just have no duplicates in the same group?
    It changes to where you have to have all 9 classes in the game in your raid. Duplicates are fine since there's 9 classes and 12 spots in the raid.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by IMAWIN View Post
    It changes to where you have to have all 9 classes in the game in your raid. Duplicates are fine since there's 9 classes and 12 spots in the raid.
    Oh, hmm.. we just did it with 9! Good to know that you can have duplicates.

Im glad to see there is still intrest in this.Im sure some one out there has finished the 3rd teir in the kill deed.I know there are some hardcore people out there Im almost done with small fellow and I only run this once a day .The kill deed as stated earler is not as hard as it seems.Small fellow seems to be the hardest depending on the classes involved.If you kill every LT that comes your way and alot of the adds you will hit the mark at around 40-45 minutes in a fellow its 38-43 and in a 12 man its around 35.The larger the group size the more the LTs count towards kills.The only other hint I have for people trying this is [Sh Fi] [Sh SP] QRE [Fi Sh].
    Last edited by NORINRAD; May 19 2010 at 05:10 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000008e634/signature.png]Norinrad[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by NORINRAD View Post
    The only other hint I have for people trying this is [Sh Fi] [Sh SP] RE [Fi Sh].
    Sorry for the noob question, but what does this mean?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000a08f4/signature.png]Ragnrat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by phillbvi2 View Post
    its warden speak for one of their gambits. I can't keep the straight without my cheat sheet, but assume its one of their cool skills, probably one that drains mob health and heals the player.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"

We are done with all deeds but killing 250 (all on sizes). and of course no rulers of the dead yet.

Anyone else on Brandywine want to work on the barrow deeds? have a few in kin up to the same point as me. just need a couple more for the fellow and raids.
    Players Council 2013

Waden speech play a waden or you will never understand

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    its warden speak for one of their gambits. I can't keep the straight without my cheat sheet, but assume its one of their cool skills, probably one that drains mob health and heals the player.
    More like the group HoT that makes the entirety of this deed completable

That is how Wardens use [skill]Conviction[/skill] while kiting and not needing to actually hit a mob. It is a threat leech and a nice group HoT when traited, ~155 morale every 3s for 18s.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

duvelmoortgat is offline Duke of Holbroke and Summerflood
    The Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by NORINRAD View Post
    1.Strength of endurance - Survive in the barrow downs for 30 minutes
    2.Pride of endurance - Survive in the barrow downs for 30 minutes 5 times
    3.Unvanquished - Survive the barrow downs for 30 minutes with out any defeats
    4 Mercy of the free people - Survive the BD for 30 minutes with out defeating any lieutenants
    5 Defeating the dead - Kill 250 mobs in 1 skirmish session in the Barrow downs
    6 Rulers of the dead - Unknown at this time might be linked to the kill deeds bellow
    7 Simple skill - Survive for 30 minutes With out completing any fellowship maneuvers
    8 Strength in diversity - Survive for 30 minutes with no duplicate classes in the group

There are also kill deeds that are associated with this skirmish.Like all deeds in the barrows these need to me completed in a 3,6 and 12 man versoins.

Tier 1
    Foe of the darklord-kill 25 lieutenants
    Foe of the dead - Kill 100 mobs in the barrows skirmish
    Tier 2
    Assailant of the darklord - Kill 100 lieutenants
    Assaliant of the dead - Kill 750 mobs in the barrows skirmish
    Tier 3
    Adversary of the darklord - Kill 500 lieutenants
    Adversary of the dead - kill 5000 mobs in the barrows skirmish

There is also a deed that seems to not be associated with the others

1 Weathering the storm - survive for 30 minutes in a level 70 BD skirmish
    I was doing some of those last night on my warden with fellrotten and we were working out the best way to do it all.

It seems the best way to complete them all is to do it in two stages;

Stage One; Get the 'once off' out of way;
    Take Wrd, LM, yourself (if you are one of the first two, then pick another class) as your core group, do 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8. Take minstrel, RK and whoever for fellowship (ensure it is filled so 8 will be ticked). Raid, ensure you have all classes.

Just have the warden kite for 30 minutes, LM stun immunity spam and lay tar and rest laze around. Herbalists would help here. CC classes (LM, Burg, Hunter) can help with mezzing some Lieutenants in small fellow. To entertain the bored people, they can kill non-Lieutenants if they want to.

You would then complete 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 in one go. Then just leave or die, up to you.

Stage Two; Kill Kill Kill

Since you have done all the one offs, you can focus on dpsing and killing all mobs for a hour, to do 5 and 6.
    Small fellow is easy enough with Warden or captain (cos either can heal themselves and raid) and dpses (one maxed word of healing herbalist would be enough, rest dps soldiers)

Fellowship: Same as below but with trimmed class of course (only need Wrd/Lm/Mins, and 3 DPS)

Raid; Warden, LM, two healers (Minstrel or healing RK), 4 herbalists. 1 Main tank (either guard or champion), 7 dps traited line (burgs, hunters, champions, RK, captain). Have 8 warriors or archers.
    Warden do the kiting with conviction spam, with minstrel and RK healing. 4 herbalists heals the whole raid using Ultimate Word of Healing. LM stun immunize the warden plus lay tar and debuffs etc.
    Main tank pulls one mob off the warden at a time, every DPS class direct their soldiers to attack the MT'st target. Of course target the most dangerous LT first.

This kind of set up would allow you to take control of the instance, nuking each mob asap therefore rank up 250+ kills in one session of one hour, starting from the beginning and you should be able to breeze through 5000 kills tier 3 under 20 runs.

Also if you really want to... you could set the level at 57 so you can just tear through the mobs as 57 is still green and therefore counts at the cost of skirmish marks.
    Last edited by duvelmoortgat; Jul 07 2010 at 01:59 AM.

Right, once you get the one-offs out of the way, you can concentrate on killing killing killing.

You can use FMs, you can kill LTs, you can do anything you want to get as many kills towards slayer deed and try to get 250 kills in one session.

So for the first part, everyone should have a Herbalist. Then for the second part, everyone should have DPS soldiers...
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

This skirmish makes me so bitter. Having a warden run in circles for half an hour is almost as dumb as the stealth exploit they fixed. Whoever designed a skirmish where the ultimate goal is for your heroes to get defeated, and then put in deeds that encourage taking advantage of the stupid AI by playing carousel... well, they ought to have their primary gender characteristics ruptured.

On the other hand, I feel like I should try to get past the sour feelings and give it another chance, so thanks at least for putting together some tips on how to git-er-dun.
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.
    The new forums stink on ice. Let others follow them who can.

Quote Originally Posted by duvelmoortgat View Post
    I was doing some of those last night on my warden with fellrotten and we were working out the best way to do it all.

It seems the best way to complete them all is to do it in two stages;

Stage One; Get the 'once off' out of way;
    Take Wrd, LM, yourself (if you are one of the first two, then pick another class) as your core group, do 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8. Take minstrel, RK and whoever for fellowship (ensure it is filled so 8 will be ticked). Raid, ensure you have all classes.

Just have the warden kite for 30 minutes, LM stun immunity spam and lay tar and rest laze around. Herbalists would help here. CC classes (LM, Burg, Hunter) can help with mezzing some Lieutenants in small fellow. To entertain the bored people, they can kill non-Lieutenants if they want to.

You would then complete 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 in one go. Then just leave or die, up to you.

Stage Two; Kill Kill Kill

Since you have done all the one offs, you can focus on dpsing and killing all mobs for a hour, to do 5 and 6.
    Small fellow is easy enough with Warden or captain (cos either can heal themselves and raid) and dpses (one maxed word of healing herbalist would be enough, rest dps soldiers)

Fellowship: Same as below but with trimmed class of course (only need Wrd/Lm/Mins, and 3 DPS)

Raid; Warden, LM, two healers (Minstrel or healing RK), 4 herbalists. 1 Main tank (either guard or champion), 7 dps traited line (burgs, hunters, champions, RK, captain). Have 8 warriors or archers.
    Warden do the kiting with conviction spam, with minstrel and RK healing. 4 herbalists heals the whole raid using Ultimate Word of Healing. LM stun immunize the warden plus lay tar and debuffs etc.
    Main tank pulls one mob off the warden at a time, every DPS class direct their soldiers to attack the MT'st target. Of course target the most dangerous LT first.

This kind of set up would allow you to take control of the instance, nuking each mob asap therefore rank up 250+ kills in one session of one hour, starting from the beginning and you should be able to breeze through 5000 kills tier 3 under 20 runs.

Also if you really want to... you could set the level at 57 so you can just tear through the mobs as 57 is still green and therefore counts at the cost of skirmish marks.

Well said. This is basically what we did for the once-off's. I am glad we got all of them done.

Now we are on the fun part.

Tough finding a steady group for it on Brandywine. (and tough finding a good warden that will join the fun)
    Players Council 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MysterX View Post
    This skirmish makes me so bitter. Having a warden run in circles for half an hour is almost as dumb as the stealth exploit they fixed. Whoever designed a skirmish where the ultimate goal is for your heroes to get defeated, and then put in deeds that encourage taking advantage of the stupid AI by playing carousel...
    QFT. I especially dislike the "no FMs" part of the deed, which is specifically designed to hurt certain classes. But the entire skirmish seems to be crafted in such a way as to require a Warden regardless.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000020743/signature.png]Tarien[/charsig]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast