We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any all-female kinships?

Heya. ^.^ So, I was just wondering, do any all-female kinships exist here on the Nimrodel server? o.O The thought occurred to me yesterday and I figured it would be cool to join one...since real girls on LOTRO seem to be pretty few and far between. (Whenever I'm playing with another female character, I usually end up discovering that it's actually a guy, lol.)

I've searched around and come up with nothing. I toyed with the idea of starting one up myself, but I'm not exactly the organized, leader-ish type. x.X;
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000f55fa/01006/signature.png]Siobhainin[/charsig]

Re: Any all-female kinships?

I haven't heard of any. We have 3 girls in our kin, including myself, but rarely run across others.

Good luck!
    Last edited by K1mb0; Jun 12 2010 at 12:43 PM.

i would bet that if there was a kinship claiming to be all-female, there'd still be some creepy mute guy who was posing as a girl. not that i would know... ive never done that... before... ever.
    argh i'm a killerrrr
    you are lolTS'dGREYbarDEAD'ded

Quote Originally Posted by Zelenia View Post
    Heya. ^.^ So, I was just wondering, do any all-female kinships exist here on the Nimrodel server? o.O The thought occurred to me yesterday and I figured it would be cool to join one...since real girls on LOTRO seem to be pretty few and far between. (Whenever I'm playing with another female character, I usually end up discovering that it's actually a guy, lol.)

I've searched around and come up with nothing. I toyed with the idea of starting one up myself, but I'm not exactly the organized, leader-ish type. x.X;
    Omgosh I run into the same thing I think someone is a girl but it's really a guy lol I'm also a girl that likes to play games and I know what you mean they are def few and far between. I'm new and looking for a kinship so if you hear of a good one let me know

Well I don't know of any, but I'm a gal and leader of Arch Presidium, so if you can't find you an all gal kin, come help me fill my kin with some quality, gal players

Arch Presidium is a rank 10 kinship and we've been around since pretty much the beginning of the game. We are a group of helpful and friendly working adults that play mostly evenings and weekends and enjoy tackling all levels of group content. We are not a heavy raiding kin, but love to run them when we can. Feel free to try us out and if we don't make a fit - no hard feelings. Try us out! Have questions? Pst Galadhuin, Samel, Samrien, Samatha for more information in game.

Our website and forums are at archpresidium.guildlaunch.com !
    Bilberry
    Leader
    There and Back Again
    Anor Server

Quote Originally Posted by operaoneyes View Post
    i would bet that if there was a kinship claiming to be all-female, there'd still be some creepy mute guy who was posing as a girl. not that i would know... ive never done that... before... ever.
    Speaking of female guilds, a dude I knew from HS actually ended up on the same Aion server with me and made an all girls guild with his gf....He was the only guy and the guild leader. It was both awesome and kind of weird at the same time.
    Dirtyblonde 65 Burg (Nimrodel) | Notblondie (Nimrodel) | Scratchs (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    Blame the players.
    Battlefield Heroes is really fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    It was both awesome and kind of weird at the same time.
    Weird kind of awesome if often the best kind.

/Serious mode on

Not a female, but I'm wondering what would be the purpose of such a thing. There are few mirrors in the real world. Although something like an all women gym comes to mind. Although in that case, I think the intent is to be able to work out without getting ogled/judged. Or a "men's club". But men's clubs are kind of on the way out. But if being in a kinship with men is an issue, either because of getting hit on, or otherwise pestered, or they're being generally testosterone-fueled crude, the issue is likely with WHICH men are in the kin, not that there are any at all, IMO. But, as stated, perhaps I lack perspective on it. Curious to know what the intent would be. Our kin, Lords of the West has a fairly high number of women compared to others, but we're pretty careful about keeping vent and kin-chat more or less tame.

/serious mode off
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

To my shock, some very good friends of mine announced that they were leaving to form a new "All Girl Killing Crew" kinship a few years back. It turned out to be an April Fool's joke, though. hehe

I don't think there's any such kinship [in lotro] in reality, though. Most Nimrodel kinships these days are lucky to have enough to survive and function accepting men, women, and anything in-between.

Personally, I've always found guilds/kinships with real life restrictions or common bonds a strange thing. I work in Finance in rl, but I wouldn't want to be in an all banker's kinship in lotro. lol What would be the point of that? IMO, guilds/kinships should be about in-game commonalities and common goals, your real life gender, profession, race, religion, etc mean nothing in Middle Earth -- that's part of the beauty of the mmorpg genre. Besides, at the end of the day you have absolutely no way of knowing if those "real life bonds" are real at all (i.e. a guy playing a girl toon, or an "older gamer" who is actually 13, etc)
    Last edited by Graythandor; Jun 14 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    [color=#CC3333][B][SIZE="3"]W[/SIZE]ESSLEY [SIZE="3"]G[/SIZE]RAYSON[/B] (lvl 66 LM Man, SM Jeweller)[/color]
    [color=#33CCFF][B][SIZE="3"]L[/SIZE]ITTLBIT [SIZE="3"]O[/SIZE]LUVIN[/B] (lvl 66 Minstrel Hobbit, SM Scholar)[/color]
    [color=#66FF66][B][SIZE="3"]G[/SIZE]RAYTHANDOR[/B] (lvl 54 Hunter Elf, R4, GM Tailor)[/color]
    [color=white] Nimrodel[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Irenmund View Post
    Weird kind of awesome if often the best kind.

/Serious mode on

Not a female, but I'm wondering what would be the purpose of such a thing. There are few mirrors in the real world. Although something like an all women gym comes to mind. Although in that case, I think the intent is to be able to work out without getting ogled/judged. Or a "men's club". But men's clubs are kind of on the way out. But if being in a kinship with men is an issue, either because of getting hit on, or otherwise pestered, or they're being generally testosterone-fueled crude, the issue is likely with WHICH men are in the kin, not that there are any at all, IMO. But, as stated, perhaps I lack perspective on it. Curious to know what the intent would be. Our kin, Lords of the West has a fairly high number of women compared to others, but we're pretty careful about keeping vent and kin-chat more or less tame.

/serious mode off
    The only reason I thought it might be a cool idea is because the ratio of girls to guys is so small. I hardly ever see any actual female players and even if I do see a female character, it's usually being played by a guy. The idea isn't any kind of sexist act, I have nothing against men or playing with men. I just thought it could just be a fun kind of sisterhood. "Girl Power", you know? Females are definitely the minority in most video games from my experience. I just thought it would be fun to bring us all together. Again, I had more of a "sisterhood" frame of mind...not a "rawr, no men allowed!" frame of mind.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000f55fa/01006/signature.png]Siobhainin[/charsig]

Dirtyblonde 65 Burg (Nimrodel) | Notblondie (Nimrodel) | Scratchs (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    Blame the players.
    Battlefield Heroes is really fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelenia View Post

I have a female only kin on evernight, I was thinking about moving to a roleplay server but it would be expensive since I have the kin island.