We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Jeweller Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    There is only one place to find the superior craft location. Each (workbench, oven, forge, farm) are in different locations. So there is only one superior oven, one superior forge, etc.
    Ive seen two locations with a Superior Worktable, ones in the Hobbiton-Bywater farming area, and another is in Esteldin.

What Id like to know is whether the Superior WorkROOM is something different than just the bench? The quest text read like it was something special in Esteldin, and the reward specifically says "Superior Workroom Access" but I looked all over Esteldin and only found the Superior Workbench. Did I miss the room or does it not exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    What Id like to know is whether the Superior WorkROOM is something different than just the bench?
    Not to my knowledge, but then I haven't gotten to that point in Open Beta. It is probably just a text error in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Ive seen two locations with a Superior Worktable, ones in the Hobbiton-Bywater farming area, and another is in Esteldin.

What Id like to know is whether the Superior WorkROOM is something different than just the bench? The quest text read like it was something special in Esteldin, and the reward specifically says "Superior Workroom Access" but I looked all over Esteldin and only found the Superior Workbench. Did I miss the room or does it not exist?
    I believe it to just be a mis-wording. Polishing Adamants requires Superior access and the workbench works just fine. I have seen no recipe so far that uses the term "Work Room".
    [size=1][color=yellow]Keary[/color] - 50 Hobbit Minstrel Grand Master Tinker | [color=yellow]Kerry[/color] 50 Hobbit Burglar GM Explorer | [color=yellow]Kairy[/color] 4X Man Champion MA Woodworker GM Forester GM Farmer | [color=yellow]Kearry[/color] 2X Dwarf Guard | [color=yellow]Kairry[/color] 2X Man Captain GM Farmer MA Scholar
    [color=red]Gurr[/color] - R2 Warg[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by KDP View Post
    The only reason I initially did not add these to my list was that it seemed we were not tracking them here. I have not been farming for one shot recipes so I cannot include any of those at this time. Also, the levels look wrong so I will include levels as well.
    Yeah, it was always my intention to add the effects at some point, but I'd just never gotten to it.

Thanks for all the information. I've got it added to the recipe list.

I was lucky enough to have one of my Kin forward me the Engraved Bloodstone Ring recipe today, so here are the stats and corrected details.

Level 23 +14 Will +6 Fate (Critical Success Etched Bloodstone Ring +14 Will, +6 Fate, +6 Might)

The ingrediants are 4 Silver Ingots, 1 Polished Bloodstone, 1 Blackclaws Claw. There is no critical success item and it is 10 points xp for your tier.
    [size=1][color=yellow]Keary[/color] - 50 Hobbit Minstrel Grand Master Tinker | [color=yellow]Kerry[/color] 50 Hobbit Burglar GM Explorer | [color=yellow]Kairy[/color] 4X Man Champion MA Woodworker GM Forester GM Farmer | [color=yellow]Kearry[/color] 2X Dwarf Guard | [color=yellow]Kairry[/color] 2X Man Captain GM Farmer MA Scholar

Thanks. Engraved Bloodstone Ring updated.

Glittering Silver Ring - Level 18, 4 Silver Ingots, 8 XP Points. +5 Fate +5 Vitality. Critical Brilliant Silver Ring Orthodox Barrow Wight Treasure +11 Vitality +5 Fate

Glittering Silver Ring - Level 18, 4 Silver Ingots, 8 XP Points. +5 Fate +5 Vitality. Critical Brilliant Silver Ring Orthodox Barrow Wight Treasure +11 Vitality +5 Fate
    Updated. Thanks.

What is the recipe you need to make Ring of Warrior?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003d2a0/signature.png]Unleash[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Inka80 View Post
    What is the recipe you need to make Ring of Warrior?
    One part find mob, one part murder. :P Ring of the warrior is looted and not crafted.

well then where does it drop from? PM if you dont wanna let it out to the publc. =P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003d2a0/signature.png]Unleash[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Inka80 View Post
    well then where does it drop from? PM if you dont wanna let it out to the publc. =P
    I had one drop from a goblin in the final instance of the Dwarf Prologue in Ered Luin.

One of the other kin member jewellers got the Glittering Silver Necklace recipe tonight 4 Silver Ingots Critical component is Orthodox Barrow Wight Treasure, 8 points xp, level 18. Stats are 5 Might 5 Agility, Crit stats are 11 Might 5 agility.

I love the idea of the XPR for items. Will help a lot on getting the most out of training. Only problem I have is the numbers are completely off.

For example looking at the journeyman recipes and assuming no crit success:

silver ring and necklace are listed as XPR of 1.5, where as they should be 4.5
    (6 for ring itself + 6*2 for the 2 silver ingots / 4 units of silver ore = 4.5)

Bloodstone and opal jewelry are listed as 2.0, where they should be 4.57
    (8 for item + 6 for the polished gem + 6*3 for the ingots / 6 units of silver + 1 gem = 4.57)

The only XPR values that seem to be correct are the gems, and not just at the journeyman tier. Again love the idea, just need correct values listed for everything.

One of the other kin member jewellers got the Glittering Silver Necklace recipe tonight
    Thanks. Updated.

This is why I'm thinking of removing the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardis View Post
    I love the idea of the XPR for items. Will help a lot on getting the most out of training. Only problem I have is the numbers are completely off.
    When I'm calculating XPR for a recipe, I'm figuring out how much experience that profession would earn for the recipe. So looking at your examples...

silver ring and necklace are listed as XPR of 1.5, where as they should be 4.5
    (6 for ring itself + 6*2 for the 2 silver ingots / 4 units of silver ore = 4.5)
    Silver Ring/Necklace earns 6 experience for Jeweller and requires 4 units of silver ore to do so. Thus it earns an XPR rating of 1.5 for Jeweller (which is what I'm measuring in this thread). The Prospector XPR would be 4.0 because you earn 12 experience for Prospector for the 4 units of silver ore.

Bloodstone and opal jewelry are listed as 2.0, where they should be 4.57
    (8 for item + 6 for the polished gem + 6*3 for the ingots / 6 units of silver + 1 gem = 4.57)
    8 for item + 6 for polishing gem = 14 Jeweller experience for 6 silver ore + 1 gem = 2.0 Jeweller XPR. It would have a 4.0 Prospector XPR.

Does how I got those numbers that make sense now, Shardis?

There are some that probably haven't been corrected yet, but most of them should be right.

If someone can suggest some additional text explaining what I mean by XPR then please feel free to suggest it, otherwise I'll probably just remove it at some point.

I see where you are going now. Part of the confusion is you say vocation in your original post instead of profession. The Tinker vocation includes both the Prospector and Jeweller professions. Overall, you might want to completely rewrite the opening segment explaining your XPR as what you are using for the second and third values of XPR is even less clear than the first. Is your 2nd XPR value supposed to include the resources and XP from all professions that contribute components?

Also as something new, you might want to look at XP per coin (or flipped) and/or coin per resource. As an example, both silver necklace and silver ring require the same resources to make. The necklace sells back to vendors for lot more so is the better choice for grinding on of the two.

Here is MY confusion. Your guide talks about recipes you get at 13 and so on labeled blue, but I am level 15 and dont have them, and they are not for sale at the apprentice jeweler.....he does sell some wierd token stuff which I have no idea what it is for?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Balian of the Legion of Light
    [url]http://lightlegion.guildportal.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by BalianNight View Post
    Here is MY confusion. Your guide talks about recipes you get at 13 and so on labeled blue, but I am level 15 and dont have them, and they are not for sale at the apprentice jeweler.....he does sell some wierd token stuff which I have no idea what it is for?

Any help would be appreciated.

The levels listed are the levels required to use the finished items. Recipes are granted based on what tier you are proficient at. Anyone who has the Jeweller profession should have the Amethyst Ring and Agate Necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardis View Post
    Part of the confusion is you say vocation in your original post instead of profession.
    Darn changing terminology! Thanks for pointing that out. I've corrected it.

Overall, you might want to completely rewrite the opening segment explaining your XPR as what you are using for the second and third values of XPR is even less clear than the first. Is your 2nd XPR value supposed to include the resources and XP from all professions that contribute components?
    I'm leaning more towards removing it than trying to explain it.

The second number includes the resources from all professions, but still only tracks the XP earned for the profession that the recipe belongs to. So for example, a Rowan Spear would have a primary XPR of 2.0 because it uses 6 rowan and earns 12 Woodworking XP (6 to make the Rowan Haft and 6 to make the actual spear). Its secondary XPR would be 1.2 because in addition to the 6 rowan, it also requires 6 ore but still only earns 12 Woodworking XP.

The third number includes everything from the second number, plus any store bought materials needed to make the item. So for the Rowan Spear above, the XPR would drop down to 0.92 because the 3 Wax needed to make the 3 Treated Rowan used in the Rowan Haft is included.

Your idea of XP/coin gained is something I've considered doing, but have been too busy to do at this point. I'm still trying to get/keep all the resources and stats updated on all the lists that I maintain.

Minor Rune of Vanquishing, Level 20 Champion Only. -1% Blade Line Area of Effect Power Cost (Critical -2%)

2 Silver Ingots, 1 Runic Vanquishing Symbol (Critical Orthodox Barrow Wight Treasure). 6 XP

* Engraved Opal Necklace

Effect: +6 might, +6 vitality
    Critical Effect: +14 might, +6 vitality, +6 will

Components: 2 Silver Ingots, 2 Polished Opal, 1 Sawtooth's Tooth
    XPR: 4/3.43/3.43
    XP Earned: 12
    Critical Success Item: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
    * Engraved Opal Necklace

Effect: +6 might, +6 vitality
    Critical Effect: +14 might, +6 vitality, +6 will

Components: 2 Silver Ingots, 2 Polished Opal, 1 Sawtooth's Tooth
    XPR: 4/3.43/3.43
    XP Earned: 12
    Critical Success Item: N/A
    Did you actually loot this recipe in game, typo something, or is this a copy of information from some other website? The recipe just seems out of whack from the others with it requiring 2 Polished Opals.

Did you actually loot this recipe in game, typo something, or is this a copy of information from some other website? The recipe just seems out of whack from the others with it requiring 2 Polished Opals.
    It looks similar to the old information I had for the recipe, so perhaps he just added the information that I was missing without making a correction... or they just didn't change it (because there are plenty of examples of that)...

Oh sorry, it is only 1 opal. I copied the format from the original post and overlooked it. The rest of the information is correct though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast