We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Metalsmithing Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Llorac View Post
    What is the tier 4 rare needed for master piece for metalworkers? Thanks
    I just added all the tier 4 recipes. Most require either Gary Wolf Ear or Huge Worm Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythor View Post
    Is this thread going to be updated with Tier 5 recipes any time soon? I sure hope so.
    There ya go. Tier 5 Recipes added.

I'm not sure if this thread is info is being kept up at this point, I can only hope so as it's extremely helpful, and I've used much of it to build my own offline spreadsheet for easy reference. However I've noticed the values on some of these pieces has changed with Shores of Evendim hitting live.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusegu View Post
    I'm not sure if this thread is info is being kept up at this point, I can only hope so as it's extremely helpful, and I've used much of it to build my own offline spreadsheet for easy reference. However I've noticed the values on some of these pieces has changed with Shores of Evendim hitting live.
    I'm still around and updating things. If you notice anything that has changed in Shores of Evendim, please let me know and I'll update it. I'm going to print out the current stats probably tonight and start checking things in-game over the next few days.

The Heavy Steel recipes require 3 Steel plates not 2. (At least the helm, gloves and armor) I don't know if this was a LOTRO change or mistake but there it is.

Thanks for the great resource.

Thanks for the correction. I should have noticed... I'm currently making a ton of the stuff for kinmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunk View Post
    The Heavy Steel recipes require 3 Steel plates not 2. (At least the helm, gloves and armor) I don't know if this was a LOTRO change or mistake but there it is.

Thanks for the great resource.

[*]Heavy Westernesse Shield
    Armour Value: 449
    Effect: ??
    Critical Effect: 449 Armour, ??

Components: 1 Westernesse Mesh, 2 Westernesse Scale, 2 Westernesse Ingot, 2 Pristine Leather Plate, 1 Windscreamer's Claw
    XPR:
    XP Earned: 10
    Critical Success Item: N/A

The critical success for Heavy Westernesse Shield is Hardened Heavy Westenesse Shield the effects are 449 Armour -2% evade, -10% Ranged vulnerability, +63 Power, +1.1 Power Regeneration in Combat.

I know this because I have one. :-)
    Last edited by Solona; Jul 19 2007 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solona View Post
    The critical success for Heavy Westernesse Shield is Hardened Heavy Westenesse Shield the effects are 449 Armour -2% evade, -10% Ranged vulnerability, +63 Power, +1.1 Power Regeneration in Combat.

I know this because I have one. :-)
    Thanks. I've updated the entry.

Aye, awesome resource. I just keep wishing we had one for Tailoring also. Pssst... how high is your Tailor now, Kol? ;-)
    Gleep Wurp the Eyebiter
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000321b4/01005/signature.png]Raolin[/charsig]
    [b]Others[/b]: 60 Champion, 54 Hunter, 49 Guardian, 41 Captain, 37 Minstrel, 32 Warden,
    22 Lore-Master, 20 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by GleepWurp View Post
    Aye, awesome resource. I just keep wishing we had one for Tailoring also. Pssst... how high is your Tailor now, Kol? ;-)
    haha... I'm glad people find this resource to be useful.

My tailor is about halfway to artisan right now although I'll have a lot of time to play in the next week so who knows where I'll end up by then.

I thought someone else was maintaining a similar list for tailor so I didn't bother... If there isn't another list, maybe I'll have to start doing that one too.

Thumbs up Re: Metalsmithing Recipes

This list rocks! Thanks for all the effort in making it/maintaining it!

Thanks for putting all this work into the list Kol - it looks great!

Mods please Sticky!

I'm glad to hear people are still finding the list useful.

The task of updating the list with all the changes from Book 10 is going to be exciting!

Cool Re: Metalsmithing Recipes

I am sure other people have figured this out but here is the path of least resistance for tier 5. You would think it would be straight elf craft braces. They require 3 elven steel(6 Ancient Iron ingot(12 Ancient Iron ore)+3 coal) + an AI Ingot(2 AI ore) so a total of 6 points for 14 ore. At 1560 points to GM you would need 3640 AI ore (1560/6=260 combines x14 ore}. And 780 coal(each combine needs 3 elven steel so 3 coal per combines 260*3) at 2s 64c each is 2g 59s 20c.

BUT

You need 2 elf craft braces (28 ore, 12 SP(Skill Points)) and 4 AI ingots (8 AI ore) + a short black ash staff to make an AI mining pick(6sp) or an AI foresters axe(6sp). So for 36 ore you get 18 sp versus 42 ore. A savings of 6 ore per 18 points. Which adds up to 520 less ore.

Plus it cost about the same. Since we are doing a 1/3 less elf craft braces, we use a third less coal. So 520 * 2s 64c= 1g 372s 80c. Then we add in the cost of the short black ash staff. 87 combines @ 7s 92c = 689S 4c. Now we add that to the coal cost =2g 61s 84c versus 2g 59s 20c.

Bonus, we now have 87 AI picks or axes to sell on the AH

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Kol View Post
    I'm glad to hear people are still finding the list useful.

The task of updating the list with all the changes from Book 10 is going to be exciting!

WHAT CHANGES FOR BOOK 10????

Lots of things . Here is the preview list from Patience for the Roheryn server:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=81500
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by silverpegasus View Post
    A savings of 6 ore per 18 points. Which adds up to 520 less ore.

say 5-6 hours grinding for ore.. not that much compared to how long it would take if you went ore hunting for the entire amount.

Quote Originally Posted by silverpegasus View Post

Bonus, we now have 87 AI picks or axes to sell on the AH
    Yes you have now reached GM but with 0 components left. If you wish to do any further crafting its back to buying ore (as long as it not from Gold Farmers) or out hunting ore...

Yes you will earn a small amout of money for the Ancient Steel tools you sell, but would you be better off if you crafted components (6 crafting points up until book 10 comes out), this way when you reach GM you wont need to do as much ore hunting...

Components+ Finished Product= Quicker to GM/More time later ore hunting (or buying ore)
    Components Only= Slower to GM, more ore hunting now.... but less ore hunting later.. plus your products are Master Crafted.... which sell for more...

Having said all that... I have never bothered working out how much the coal costs are

I'll be working on updating this list tonight with the recipes that I have.

Updated with all the information I have available currently.

I need some help to finish the single-use recipes and Tier 4 and 5 recipes.

Fantastic Work, Thank you for all your effort . . . now if we could just get it in a spreadsheet format

Unfortunately it looks like it is still more efficient to grind Iron Chains for Tier 3, it will just take longer than it did before, but still more efficient than making actual armor.

Heavy Dwarf-Iron Armour

Armour: 198
    Effect: +10 Vitality, +10 Might
    Critical Effect: ?? Armour, +?? Vitality, +?? Might

Components: 1 Heavy Dwarf-Steel Plate, 2 Dwarf Chain, 1 Pristine Leather Brace
    XP Earned: 8
    Critical Success Item: ??
    The crit item for Heavy Dwarf-Iron stuff is Gray Wolf Ear (drops plentifully in Trollshaws)

Forge-Crafted Leggings
    Armour Value: 123
    Effects: +6 Agility
    Critical Success: +14 Agility

Components: 2 Steel Brace, 2 Iron Band, 2 Low-Grade Steel Ingot, 1 Tough Leather Pads, 1 Sawtooth's Tooth
    Happened to get this recipe today - it requires a ruby shard instead of Sawtooth's Tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradoci View Post
    Happened to get this recipe today - it requires a ruby shard instead of Sawtooth's Tooth.
    The new version requires ruby shard, the old one uses sawtooth's tooth. He didn't include the required crit items for the new recipes because they are the same for all professions at a given level.
    Going on Hiatus until this statement becomes true:
    [b]"The LOTRO Store will offer convenience, not advantage."[/b] -[URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=4698465&postcount=5]Patience[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000003fd15/01007/signature.png]Shadrak[/charsig]

Hey Kol, I have used your information several times to ensure that I have a complete list of all the recipes available for my crafting...and I want you to know that they are greatly appreciated...however, I am unable to find if you have one for Tailoring...also you are missing a recipe in this list...under the Expert Tier you do not have:

Light Gondorian Kite Shield Shield

Armour Value: 120
    Effect: +28.0 Morale, +28.0 Power
    Critical Effect: 120 Armour, +55.0 Morale, + 28.0 Power

Components: 1 Steel Plate, 1 Steel Rivets, 2 Finely Polished Scales, 1 Sturdy Leather Bindings, 1 Nurzum's Tail

Please let me know if you have a Tailors List and where to find it...and keep up the GREAT work...

-Rondon
    Gondorian Knights, Officer
    Gladden Server

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast