We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Feedback: New Player Tips for Wardens

Quote Originally Posted by Kazren View Post
    OKay, so I looked it up and have a question I've been dying to ask. If you look at the Precise Blow under Assailment here:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Precise_Blow

It has the fist and the spear pointing to the left. What is that speark pointing to the left? It's not one of my icons? I see it all over, but still haven't figured out what it is and how to get it. Can someone explain please?
    It's the symbol for spear gambit builder when you're in assailment stance. Basicly it's the exact same ability, just that it's tilted the opposite way to show it's the ranged version.

My advice:

DONT DIE!!!

Pretty much spam heals and you can solo anything short of a 3 man instance, and you can sometimes take those on too.
    I have been able to solo all of the game at nice speed with only sporadic help, which wasn't because I was stuck, but because it helped speed me up.

WARDENS FTW!!

organize your gambits. what i do is i have 123 as fist shield and spear and 4 as my gambit. then learn to memorize your complex gambits.

Unhappy masteries

What are masteries for wardens exactly, all wardens say to use your masteriesas often as possible. What are they?

Learn your life taps

Get used to a sequence of stacking your buffs in between your life taps. Can stack about 11+ DoT's on a single target with some of those being AoE's and leeches. Developing a pattern helps so even if you are in a large fight you are programmed to survive a beating.

That and get used to pulling until you get killed. You are on a warden so why not? Be surprised how many you can stack on a warden!

Ratt
    Shameless self promotion but look at the world we live in eh? [url]http://www.examiner.com/online-game-in-indianapolis/david-ginn[/url] . Always looking for ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofratts View Post
    Get used to a sequence of stacking your buffs in between your life taps. Can stack about 11+ DoT's on a single target with some of those being AoE's and leeches. Developing a pattern helps so even if you are in a large fight you are programmed to survive a beating.

That and get used to pulling until you get killed. You are on a warden so why not? Be surprised how many you can stack on a warden!

Ratt
    In a usual 'Rambo' fast Foundry Run I will often have 24 Hots on me 10 EoB , 10 Fierce Resolve , SafeGuard, Celebration of Skill , Restoration and Conviction

Back to basics

Aaaaaaaaaa!!!
    I have a 30th level Warden and I don't understand/can't find super basic stuff. I search here and on lotro-wiki. I don't go drinking with someone who runs a Warden so, all I know is what I can find on these websites.

How do you set a Warden stance? And when? And why? I might be confused because, when I created a Warden, I didn't get three icons from which to select a stance yet they seem very important. My hunter has a Strength Stance, a Precision Stance and Endurance Stance. In hindsight, they didn't come all at once either.

When I press the Javelin Toss key, I get and immediate response. So, how do I build javelin gambits? How do i use Precise Blow with Spear and Precise Blow with Javelin.

Would it make more sense for the Spear Gambit be called the Melee Gambit since the Warden uses swords?

After the initial attack, I get charged so, are javelin gambits good for about 3 seconds?

On Asto's Gambit Compendium, could you put starting damage - when the gambit is given out? I realize it's a lot of work. Maybe up to some level.

Does the tool-tip damage change when I get a new level? I guess they do - the current numbers are different than what I put in my spreadsheet yesterday. Is there any chance of getting a/the formula?
    Last edited by PGR; Aug 31 2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: add question

Quote Originally Posted by PGR View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaa!!!
    I have a 30th level Warden and I don't understand/can't find super basic stuff. I search here and on lotro-wiki. I don't go drinking with someone who runs a Warden so, all I know is what I can find on these websites.

How do you set a Warden stance? And when? And why? I might be confused because, when I created a Warden, I didn't get three icons from which to select a stance yet they seem very important. My hunter has a Strength Stance, a Precision Stance and Endurance Stance. In hindsight, they didn't come all at once either.

When I press the Javelin Toss key, I get and immediate response. So, how do I build javelin gambits? How do i use Precise Blow with Spear and Precise Blow with Javelin.

Would it make more sense for the Spear Gambit be called the Melee Gambit since the Warden uses swords?

After the initial attack, I get charged so, are javelin gambits good for about 3 seconds?

On Asto's Gambit Compendium, could you put starting damage - when the gambit is given out? I realize it's a lot of work. Maybe up to some level.

Does the tool-tip damage change when I get a new level? I guess they do - the current numbers are different than what I put in my spreadsheet yesterday. Is there any chance of getting a/the formula?
    A warden has 3 stances, which are just toggle skills (click once and there active, click again and you deactivate them). Determination is your tanking stance, recklessness is your melee dps stance and assailment is your ranged dps / buffer stance.

Assailment is the only stance that uses ranged javelin gambits, your spear gambits are changed into javelin gambits. And from there on it is the same as making gambits in determination or recklessness, except for that some assailment gambits have a minimal and maximal distance in where they need to be executed.

The javelin skills like javelin toss are still javelin skills that work immediately in assailment.

The spear gambit is called that way because most warden use a spear. It is just your main hand gambit, as the shield gambit is your off hand gambit.

Tool-tip damage shouldnt change with level, but with your stats. When you raise your might and/or physical or tactical mastery rating, your damage will increase. But your base stats change with your level, so in that way it changes with your level.

Hope this helps a bit. If you have more questions, just ask.

Warden Tip

First of all, the class gets better as you move along. You think you're awesome with a gambit of 3? Wait until you get 4 or 5. You only get harder to beat from there on out. Also, don't ALWAYS solo and don't ALWAYS group. Put yourself in as many positions as possible (solo, 2-man, 6-man, raids, you get the idea). This way, you'll learn best which gambits do best in certain situations. Also, when you get Battle Memory, which is almost as much of an upgrade as mysteries are, don't be ashamed to go down to lower levels and try to figure good combos on your own. I like using deft spear, then the spear-shield followed by the fist-spear. This way, you can use mighty blow twice in a row for supreme damage. Battle memory works great for War-Cry too, in my experience. Lastly, organize yourself! I have a hybrid system; movement and gambit builders with left hand on keyboard, masteries with right hand on mouse. However, you will have to find what works for you. Have fun!

Wardens must can do RAIDS!!!

Warden can easily tank at skirmishes and 6man-3man groups but he can't do raids as a guardian can... We need skills or gear that we can tank big bosses at 12-man without dying instantly(2-3 hits) before we cast Hots or Threat skills... So we need a skill (maybe) that reflects 2-3 first hits so we have the times to do our gambits think, or small passive that gave us a shield when critical is applied? dunno something like that so we can initiate the fights and don't scare if we will die before HoT our selfs or Deffiants...
    Ty and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Giagian View Post
    Warden can easily tank at skirmishes and 6man-3man groups but he can't do raids as a guardian can... We need skills or gear that we can tank big bosses at 12-man without dying instantly(2-3 hits) before we cast Hots or Threat skills... So we need a skill (maybe) that reflects 2-3 first hits so we have the times to do our gambits think, or small passive that gave us a shield when critical is applied? dunno something like that so we can initiate the fights and don't scare if we will die before HoT our selfs or Deffiants...
    Ty and have fun
    Lol? Not really, Wardens are better in raids than guards, when played properly. Also, you definately are doing something wrong if you get twoshotted... Gear maybe...? We already have Critical Immunity, meaning: after suffering a critical hit, you cant suffer another for the next 7s.

completly aggre the opinion above... wardens in good hands are superior tanks

(also with medicore players they arent)
    Last edited by Leri927; Feb 24 2013 at 05:41 PM.

Can somebody please update this thread? lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Warden:_Tanking_Guide?

This is what I relied on when I was starting out and a lot of it is no longer valid.

I met a great warden that taught me to switch stances depending on the situation. I now do it regularly and it helps a lot when soloing. In groups, I stick with determination unless everything is under control in which case I will switch to recklessness and do Power Attack, Onslaught then Wall of Steel for extra damage then switch back to determination.

I did the rift at level 56 with 10 level 85s. There was a level 58 warden and lots of level 85 guards there and only one hunter. In this case, I thought it prudent to switch to assailment and did Offensive Strike, Combination Strike, and Boars Rush combo. It gives extra damage in this stance.

Lastly, I prefer to do color codes to memorize the combos i.e RGY for Power Attack. Its just my preference.

100 Warden, 48 Hunter, 44 Champ, 42 Loremaster, 39 Runekeeper, 40 Burg, 36 Mini, 33 Guard

Is this thread relavent anymore?

Perhaps, make a part 2. Alot of the game mechanics have changed with stances, trait trees, and aggro.

Though, if that doesn't happen.
    My one piece of advice - don't panic, it only causes you to select the wrong skill. The warden is resilent enough to take their time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3