We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: I remeber when ...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnarr View Post
    I was in downtown Bree the other day and thinking of this thread. Remember when the Bree crafting hall was where the jail is now?
    Yeah, I stepped in the 'way-back' machine there.
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

I recall when the Glass of Aglaral, +3 Agility ring and the Scented Candles were semi useful. I also remeber when remeber had 2 m's in it.

Ah... the good old days...
    Coincidence is God choosing to remain anonymous.

www.evenstar-kinship.com

LOL

I remember when the kin Conviction petitioned our kin name and we were forced to change it from "Wight Trash" to "Kindred of the Damned"

I remember selling the first few pieces of blue crafted armor made on the server for 50g a pop. I am still living off that gold even after giving most of it away before i took 18 months off.

I remember the infamous cross burning in Bree \0/

I remember the first attempt ever at controlled one-on-one PVP. 30 minutes of negotiations, 2 minutes of fighting and then came the gate crashers.
    Icarium R11 Burglar
    Ragnarz (R8) decked out Guardian
    LoF

I remember when:

when Rank 6 was a big deal in pvp

having Rift gear was a big deal

the gate to thorog did not lock so if you died you could run right back into the fight

camping rare spawns and getting in fights with people

when Evilspinner owned the moors

when Covenant of the Sword was still a kinship

when Level 15 items would sell for a gold in open beta

When the bow I have from Helegrod was the best in the game because it gave you power back

when Wig-Feld was dope

when as a hunter you would take a knee (instead of standing up like now) and only shoot 2 arrows with a swift bow

when people would solo in the moors because it was the only way to get good renown and now everyone raids up
    Exile 61<---Hunter---{
    Alt: Corrupted 52 Captain
    Charlie Sheen is a bro king

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrath View Post

when people would solo in the moors because it was the only way to get good renown and now everyone raids up
    I remember when Exile failed to save Leca and he went ape **** on him!
    :::Forged By Fire:::
    Bareden level 65 Captain || Baredor level 65 Guardian || Horhay level 65 Burglar
    [Vilya]

I remember when Vilya actually read and participated in the forums!

Man, are these days lost or what?! C'mon people, keep the server alive! What the heck has happened? These used to be a daily fun-time resource for everybody. Soooooo stale lately. I think it happened when they changed the forums styles. We've GOT to come up with some new topics and get active again.

Please for the love of Oromë, someone post something new!

I'll tell my kinship to start viewing it more. Others please do the same.

*** Not at all taking away from the posts of Jimmly or Rekka.
    Last edited by Magnarr; Jan 30 2011 at 07:09 AM.

I remember when Yoshii mushroomed a ninja!!!
    I remember when the COTS/Conviction/Mellowship Feud was enough for any dramaqueen/troll
    I remember when the Rift was the greatest thing going in any MMO
    I remember when crafted gear was worth it and beryl shards were a by God fight to get

sigh... i remember Irememberwen, Hypercyril, Indecent, and all the old guys, man those were the days...maybe theyll come again
    Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. Do not shrink from the task so that others may feel secure, come forth and show your quality and unknowingly you will give others courage to do so as well.

I remember when I first heard about this game more than 5 years ago...
    I remember when I told my other gamer buddies I would still play their game too...then never went back.
    I remember when I first spotted the constellations...
    I remember seeing Weathertop from Bree for the first time...

./drink, cheers, everyone! To 5 more years of great memories
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

I remember when this game would cost me $.33 cents a day for all the content.

Actually I cant really remember that..nvm.

I remember when...
    You had to buy a regular stable mount for FOUR gold. No specific morale, and no super-fast run speed. You had to travel to Hengstacer Farms to do the quests that took you to North Gate, Michel Delving, and Othrikar, and then do the race where you have to run around the farms in under two minutes.
    Unless you were a hunter or had a pocket-hunter, it took roughly 200 silver for the stable rides BACK to Bree, and there was no stable to the farms!
    Not only all of that, but the horsies weren't even a skill. They sat in your inventory, and if you sold them, you were a #### outta luck unless you bought them back before you logged out.

All of that, and I had all four ponies Now I have about 42-45 horses, haha!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000a3797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

NO GETTING AWAY FROM LE [Shovel] OF DOOM

It was so much fun reading all this.. It would have been awesome to see those times, but unfortunately I just discovered MMOs one year and a half ago when I joined lotro.. And I do remember some stuff
    I remember when I had no idea what tank, dps, healer, aoe, dot, raid, fellow or stats mean.
    I remember learning english while playing! (I still do that)
    And I remember weekend CD, BG & Uru runs with Melnordan, it was so much fun I never found someone that wanted to finish that metadeed with me!

Meliaan, Luthieen, Tilionn, Liia. Any doubt? I'm a Tolkien fan.

I remember when Vilya was the only server that had a warning at the top of the forum page about PvP trash-talk.

I remember when there wasnt 200 different kinds of tokens to collect.

I remember having a blast running The Rift on friday/saturday nights with my kin.

I remember Skaithe/The Scourge of Vilya, and Rekka/Southern Discomfort and Blackhate/Lockdown being awesome fun.

I remember the creep personalities, Skaithe, Rovok, Rekka, Kira, Ernik, Gazrah, Rutgor, Guka, Skat, Gizz, Evilspinner, Darkrage, spidergod, Redhate, Smegg, Wertes, Lheggs, Badman, and plenty of others, miss those days.

I remember Skaithe's "old man" and "Madonna" impressions. lol

I remember a bunch of other stuff.
    Angarain Erain Kinship, Vilya
    Mikros 100 Guard, Chumli 100 hunter, Oggo 75? burg, Wasape 100 beorning (and a bunch of other alts and creep-side toons)

I remember when ageon would make a raid and half of vilya would flock to the moors (on either side) for those couple hours

I remember when Vilya had a ton of different raiding kins

I remember when vilya had good drama

I remember when I spent more time at end game then I did grinding legendary weapons.

I remember when there was like 5 different gear sets that were considered pretty good (mix and match ftw).

I remember when I had to spend days farming sarnur trolls

I remember failing at CD and falling in the green around 30x in one run (lag and stupidity ftl)

I remember getting ganked by playful

I remember getting ganked by rovok

I remember being ganked by skaithe

I remember kira TRYING to gank me

I remember wanting to spend almost all my time playing lotro

I remember staying in the moors all day every day.

I remember a lot more about PvP...
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

Not sure if I posted before here, but I remember when the Bree crafting hall was where the jail is now.

And when dropped weapons were not bound.

Both in the WAY back machine.

I remember when I didn't have a 0 in my name :P

Also Raiding on Great Barrows, during beta because we couldn't advance farther then level 15.

OHHH.. And when the Lorebook actually represented the real name of who created Covenant of the Sword :P

I remember Teal shirts.
    Last edited by Fangn0n; Jun 19 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangn0n View Post
    I remember when I didn't have a 0 in my name :P

Also Raiding on Great Barrows, during beta because we couldn't advance farther then level 15.

OHHH.. And when the Lorebook actually represented the real name of who created Covenant of the Sword :P

I remember Teal shirts.
    Speaking of the way-back machine. Welcome back Fangnon! Been years.

Back in my day...

Quote Originally Posted by Teklord View Post
    Irememberwen.... (little joke there)
    Also, Irecallwen I was talking to 'wen in kin chat about how useful it might be to have multi-kin raid runs since it was hard to find enough people online in our kin to do the rift, It would be an an alliance of the free people of sorts - or Vilya United...

The concept is long gone to the best of my knowledge but the channel remains...

God save us all, lol.

Also, The GM run defence of trestlebridge (http://www.mmo-stories.org/stories/l...fun_and_games/) was good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Watchman View Post
    Also, Irecallwen I was talking to 'wen in kin chat about how useful it might be to have multi-kin raid runs since it was hard to find enough people online in our kin to do the rift, It would be an an alliance of the free people of sorts - or Vilya United...

The concept is long gone to the best of my knowledge but the channel remains...

God save us all, lol.

Also, The GM run defence of trestlebridge (http://www.mmo-stories.org/stories/l...fun_and_games/) was good times.
    Actually it's still active although recently unused since so many of the core became Star Wars fanatics last fall. Check the link in my sig.

And a "ha" on Irememberwen. Ironic name now. He was the third one to join that channel back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by NCecthelion24 View Post
    I remember when Yoshii mushroomed a ninja!!!
    I remember when the COTS/Conviction/Mellowship Feud was enough for any dramaqueen/troll
    I remember when the Rift was the greatest thing going in any MMO
    I remember when crafted gear was worth it and beryl shards were a by God fight to get

sigh... i remember Irememberwen, Hypercyril, Indecent, and all the old guys, man those were the days...maybe theyll come again
    I might, reading this makes me realize of all the games since, the best gaming of my life was with ya'll in LOTRO.
    "I'LL GNAW YOUR BONES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Irememberwen View Post
    I might, reading this makes me realize of all the games since, the best gaming of my life was with ya'll in LOTRO.
    "I'LL GNAW YOUR BONES!"

Geeze Wen, it's been a hell of a long time. I think one of the first times we ran together you ended up winning that bow in Barad Gularan I wanted. I miss United runs so very much.

I wonder whatever happened to the Guild of Venturers group I got to know in the Rift.

-Marenwen, 105 Hunter exiled to Landroval.

The old days

Necro again!

Just wanted to let folks know I go by Caelixian now on most all games. I also have a youtube channel if anyone is interested, I do some Let's Plays and such.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0...cEHxFfX1fl0S-w

Anyway, it would be really cool to do a 10 year reunion or something!

-Wen

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 9 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2