We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: How to use Lua UI plugins

recently upgraded to windows 7 64, reloaded game and plugins. now when i load the plugins I get the follwing error.

...Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopi a\Palantir\MainWindow.lua:51: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)

the plugins to do come up when I 'list' them in the game but won't load
    anyone have any ideas?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000d5e0c/01003/signature.png]Bryston[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur69 View Post
    recently upgraded to windows 7 64, reloaded game and plugins. now when i load the plugins I get the follwing error.

...Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopi a\Palantir\MainWindow.lua:51: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)

the plugins to do come up when I 'list' them in the game but won't load
    anyone have any ideas?
    Make sure you have the latest version, as the November update has made changes to the plugin system (which would result in that error if you're using a pre-update version of plugins). Palantir is currently on v1.09.3, and you can get it at LotROInterface.com
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by VPQRDE View Post
    Downloading Palantir didn't help, or put the needed files in the right place. Posting my experience in case it helps someone, since the instructions were very confusing and lacking (to me).

This worked for me. Thank you very much.

4. Jan 23 2011, 03:02 AM

...ins\GoldbishopsPlugins\OneB igBag\OneBigBagWindow.lua:5: Unable to resolve package "Turbine.UI.Extensions".

...ne\Plugins\GoldbishopsPlugi ns\OneBigBag\__init__.lua:1: Failed to import package "GoldbishopsPlugins.OneBigBag. OneBigBagWindow".

...Online\Plugins\GoldbishopsP lugins\OneBigBag\Main.lua:2: Failed to import package "GoldbishopsPlugins.OneBigBag" .

Thats what happens everytime I try to load OneBigBag and none of that makes sense to me at all.

I created a Plugins folder in my LOTRO documents folder and followed the instructions to the letter for it to work and it doesn't.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000a41/01005/signature.png]Silens[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jj67 View Post
    ...ins\GoldbishopsPlugins\OneB igBag\OneBigBagWindow.lua:5: Unable to resolve package "Turbine.UI.Extensions".

...ne\Plugins\GoldbishopsPlugi ns\OneBigBag\__init__.lua:1: Failed to import package "GoldbishopsPlugins.OneBigBag. OneBigBagWindow".

...Online\Plugins\GoldbishopsP lugins\OneBigBag\Main.lua:2: Failed to import package "GoldbishopsPlugins.OneBigBag" .

Thats what happens everytime I try to load OneBigBag and none of that makes sense to me at all.

I created a Plugins folder in my LOTRO documents folder and followed the instructions to the letter for it to work and it doesn't.
    I'm pretty sure this error message is due to the fact that this plugin requires the Turbine example plugins. You can get those from the first post in this thread by clicking the "script examples" link. Although you can copy over both the "Turbine" and "TurbinePlugins" folders to your "Plugins" folder, all you really need is the one named "Turbine" to get your plugin to work.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Lua Plugin Manager

At long last, a manager UI has been added to support all of your Lua plugins!
    During character selection, you can open the manager via the “Manage Plugins” button. There you can define which plugins you would like to load automatically each time you log in with the characters selected via a drop-down menu present for each plugin entry. Please note: the character selection list includes both normal characters and monster play characters linked to your account on the given server.
    You can also access the manager when in game (logged in) via a start menu entry under the system sub-menu for both normal characters and monster play characters. Here, you will not only be able to change the auto-loading status of your plugins, but you can also immediately load/unload plugins.
    The in game plugin manager also introduces support for plugin-defined option panels that can be accessed by hitting the “Options” tab when a plugin is selected. What these options do for a given plugin is completely defined by the plugin authors. If a given plugin has not defined an options panel, then the tab will be disabled.
    source: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Updat...gard,_Official
    yay!
    ╔- -- -
    ║■ Author of DaimonUI for The Lord of the Rings ONLINE ■ Lotrointerface.com ■ ðÐ
    ║■ Sürmä öf Föröchël, Chämpiöns öf Läürëlin. Fröm thë kin öf Thë Shädöws ■
    ║■ http://www.moxguild.com/
    ╚- -- -

having troubles loading more plugins

i can only seem to get the original palatir program to show up in my plugins list in game, everytime i load another plugin in the correct folder it wont refresh it and wont show up help.

Quote Originally Posted by angelstar View Post
    i can only seem to get the original palatir program to show up in my plugins list in game, everytime i load another plugin in the correct folder it wont refresh it and wont show up help.
    You stated that you are loading new plugins "in the correct folder", however if the plugins are not showing in the plugin list when you refresh then they are not in the correct folder. There are two "Lord of the Rings Online" folders. You need to put plugins into a "Plugins" folder under the "Lord of the Rings Online" folder in your documents folder, not the folder under Program Files. The exact path will vary depending on your operating system, but the correct folder is the location where screenshots are saved by the client, so the easiest thing to do is take a screenshot and then search for the ScreenShot00001.jpg file that the client creates. You should have a "Plugins" folder in that folder. Each author should then have a separate folder structure under the Plugins folder, usually named after the author. Most of the compressed plugin archives will include the correct folder structure in the archive so you should unzip them right in the Plugins folder and they should then show up when refreshed. If you continue to have problems, I would suggest that you install Lunarwater's Plugin Compendium which automates downloading and correctly unzipping many of the most popular plugins so that you will not need to find the correct folder.

Plugin Compendium for Windows clients:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html

Plugin Compendium for Mac/Linux clients:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mMacLinux.html
    Last edited by Garan; Jun 22 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Unable to load Songbook

I will show my progress in game and see if someone might be able to figure this out.

From the chat window:
    The list of available plugins has been refreshed.
    Available Plugins:
    &&&&CombatQuickslots (1.1)
    &&&&Examples (1.0)
    &&&&Songbook (0.83)
    &&&&TheOneBag (1.0)
    &&&&Vitals (1.0)
    The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Chiran\Songbook \SongbookWindow.lua:1457: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Unable to load "songbook".

I know quite a few people are having this problem, and I have tried to piece together replies, but nothing is working. Can anyone help?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2