We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Good 1v1 Thread!

Every server has one. We should have (a new?) one, even though there probably aren't a ton of 1:1s happening, as most everyone is grouped in some way shape or form. Still, they do happen.

No flames or QQ please! Can include smaller engagements too - even if they aren't 1:1s. 1 v 2, etc.

I'll start.

Thanks to Toothless for several recent fights. Very tough warg for me to win against without all my attention focused on it. Thanks for never running from me when I am solo! I think I can safely confirm that you do in fact have teeth!

Thanks also to Postoffice for running around without a constant bubble, although sometimes I only see you charge into a mass of freeps (which seems to amuse you a great deal), I've enjoyed our 1v1 fights when we get them! /bow

Good fights with Brugrat and Gahroul recently as well. If I know you're teamed up, I'm keen to find you both. I love white wargs who are supposed to be other colors

Also, I miss Gii! He was always solo. Come back!
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

Re: Good 1v1 Thread!

Yeah I had a pretty good 1v1 last week with Gahroul. I had to pop a bunch of CDs and it was a good fight.

Last night during a time out in the big game, I had the pleasure of having a nice 1v1 with Arctic after he completely blew up a burg. He regen'ed, stealthed up and pounced. He blew hips but didnt run, he used it offensively and I appreciate that.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

I am developing a strong antipathy for lay of the hammerhand. It's like "yay, only 500 health left" and then "****, I'm not doing any damage."

But, I do enjoy a challenge

I had a couple of good fights yesterday: a very, very close fight with Lalgo, and an epic fight with Cynthri. Also, I got totally destroyed by an RK whose name I can't remember.

And, a few days ago vs. Silencing:

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

Quote Originally Posted by roysterer View Post
    I am developing a strong antipathy for lay of the hammerhand. It's like "yay, only 500 health left" and then "****, I'm not doing any damage."

But, I do enjoy a challenge
    It's a compliment. Most wargs I do not have to use that with. Most wargs I don't even need to pot, although I will usually pot a stun

Not sure if you're all damage traited or what, but you hit just about harder than any other warg I have fought recently (normally I am fighting at least 2 at once, so it's a little hard to judge). My shadow mit is very high (for a light armor class), so perhaps I need to bulk up on more melee defense again.

I have damage for health and damage for power traited. I suspect that most wargs don't do damage for health, since most wargs have more health than I do.

Really, I don't think you need to bulk up anything. As far as I can tell, you're the toughest minstrel out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

I've had a lot of good 1 vs. 1's lately... Brugrat, Arctic, Gahroul, Barkh, Bizzrat, Kharis, Dinnerplate, Necksnapper, plus a bunch of others I don't dare try to write or I'll butcher the spelling. It has been a great week for 1 vs. 1!

I also quite enjoyed the fight with the creep group who let me live with 39 morale, and then we killed cows together. So much lol this past week
    Kynji

I had an epic duel between my guard and Yargax 3.5 years ago, it was awesome!
    Galuros R8 - Galuthor R7 - Galuf R6 // Landroval
    Galutooth R8 - Galu R6 - Polluter R5

The only real 1v1 I've had lately was with Arctic last week, thanks for that! I totally had to change some traits and stuff after you kicked my ***, looking forward for round 2!
    [LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

I found Ashebrand (warden) halfway between EC and a red stab the other evening. I was on my reaver.

He fought me to the death, neither of us running to NPCs that were very close by. This was a very rare treat, since most people tend to run to NPCs (on both sides) when they start to lose a fight. Not this time. I did end up winning, and he never called in help. EC must have been very tempting when he got below 50%, yet he stayed on the road circle strafing away. Thank you for the rare treat Ashe.

I am also finding that when you come across Kynji, she is very willing to go 1v1, and I have found myself standing back and waiting for a victor when I see her fighting someone. There have been times where my group of 4 or 5 will stand there across from her as we decide whose turn it is.. and she waits patiently for someone to step forward. It really in entertaining. Of course, when she wins, she has to die... but many of us creepers are learning a fun 1v1 can be had when you see that red dress.
    Zarcharius - R7 Guardian - Scions of Arda
    Snookumz - R7 Reaver
    Porkchops - R4 Warg - Cogito Ergo Nom

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcharius View Post
    This was a very rare treat, since most people tend to run to NPCs (on both sides) when they start to lose a fight. Not this time. I did end up winning, and he never called in help.

QFT

[LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post
    I've had a lot of good 1 vs. 1's lately... Brugrat, Arctic, Gahroul, Barkh, Bizzrat, Kharis, Dinnerplate, Necksnapper, plus a bunch of others I don't dare try to write or I'll butcher the spelling. It has been a great week for 1 vs. 1!

I also quite enjoyed the fight with the creep group who let me live with 39 morale, and then we killed cows together. So much lol this past week
    I was going to 1v1 you on Lugz hill two days ago and we even went through all the pleasentries, such as jumping and bowing and laughing and I was walking up to and then you made a mistake. You doused yourself with too much Essence of HOT Elf Chick and the creepball downwind caught it and well your pretty red dress was in tatters. I kinda creid a bit for you.

Drej

Faims (I prefer him btw), your house is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    Faims (I prefer him btw), your house is locked.
    It has been for almost a year, I always forget to buy it back. >.<
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]

Hmm... lets see... Clotted, E- something (defiler, rank 6?) Fardochee (aka fardouche) uhh Boom (<3s) Toothless Daizee and tailmange (not 1v1 but damn that was a fun 2v1 to 2v2 to 2v1 again) and more to come when I get back home
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Cynfive Cynrion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Cynthri[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Callun Cynrios[/COLOR]
    Points > Everything
    I am spy

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Arctic caught me typing today, but it was no biggy since he backed off after his pounce to clear my turn the tables timer.

It was a really fun fight. I decided to see if I could take him without using cooldowns (well i used a heal pot, but not pledge, warrior heart, man heal, or deep breath)...I couldnt quite do it, though it was really close. Very good use of your sprint and disappear Arctic. That final FM stun was the determiner of the fight.

I also almost had a 1 v1 with a spider in HH today. I cant recall the name.. Psu I think? I ganked him while killing a farmer 10 minutes before so this time I stood in front of him while he finished killing his npc, let him regent to full ( i wanted to see how i could do in a fair fight) then stepped up and started swinging. A burg jumped in, so i backed off and left, but I enjoyed the fight up until that point.

Kynji, it is my turn next BTW. You beat Dinner, so now it is my turn to get pwned.

edit*

I totally forgot when I first got out there today I ran into Faradoche in HH, who completely kicked my butt. he still had over 1k morale left when I died, even though a farmer wandered into our fight near the end.. ~S~ doche
    Last edited by Zarcharius; Jan 11 2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Zarcharius - R7 Guardian - Scions of Arda
    Snookumz - R7 Reaver
    Porkchops - R4 Warg - Cogito Ergo Nom

This thread is only a couple years late.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000ad046/signature.png]Thaluil[/charsig]
    Curinoer, HNT R7- Wuffles, RVR R8 - Gashim, WRG R8

Thaluil stinks! But I am not sure we have had a thread like this before, just stories on the what happened this day thread stuff.

I had some fun fights the past few weeks... Far and Mawz are some tough reavers and always fun fights. Arctic(spelling?) one of the only wargs I find solo a lot. Gahroul(spelling?) found me a few times. Then the people that are forced to 1v1...
    Had some fun 2v1s with dreadwarg and tah, had some disappointing 2v1s with some mean wargs but was still fun. Need to work on my gambit rotations for you guys.

Yay 1v1s!
    Roar

"The streets are in distress... The sun suffocates behind darkened skies."
    -Alexisonfire-

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    Last night during a time out in the big game, I had the pleasure of having a nice 1v1 with Arctic after he completely blew up a burg. He regen'ed, stealthed up and pounced. He blew hips but didnt run, he used it offensively and I appreciate that.
    That was a fun fight Leekae, but you hit like a bloody freight train. XD

Edit: Read the rest of the the thread, lol. I've really enjoyed all the 1v1s that I've gotten a chance to have lately ( Kynji, Leekae, Fames, Thaluil, Silencing, Kara, Zarcharius, Jetsu, a warden who's name starts with "A" but I can't remember, and half a dozen others) . Thanks to all the folks who let the fight go to the end, even if you blew the winner up afterward =P.

Heh, I'm glad I made an impression Fames. One of the toughest RK I've fought out there, though I'm still chasing Radar and Cele around.

I was wondering what took you Snookumz. Really enjoyed that one, very close fight there.
    Last edited by Arvaen; Jan 11 2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

I was only on my warg once in the past week so I didn't get too many solo oppurtunities, but I had an awesome 1v1 with the burg Kaelodo! We both burned every pot and CD we had with me living with only a couple hundred morale left. /salute

Well then. Had some fun 1v1vs with Artic, Brugrat, Garhoul past few days. Nice job guys, I'm trying not to use Controlled Burn cause using Fervour always ends up being a close fight against you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Spwarrior View Post
    I'm hiding!
    Hey there, Mr. Sigless.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000ad046/signature.png]Thaluil[/charsig]
    Curinoer, HNT R7- Wuffles, RVR R8 - Gashim, WRG R8

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
    This thread is only a couple years late.
    Better late than never!

I love reading about all these great fights! I probably won't get much time out there until the weekend, but I will be looking for ... all of you (well, the ones I can see!) when I can get a few minutes.

Haven't really done much the past two weeks (have a captain to gear or something), but if I had to give credit to people, I'd have to say definately Kynji, Cynthri and what's likely a long list of wardens whose names escape me when I play my warg. Most people run though, which makes me sad...but I can say there have been a few people (whose names again escape me...I'll figure it out and get back to you when I play more) who I managed to underestimate and they beat me to death.

On my spider, Trinstar's warden is the only freep I've fought who I can't consistently manage to beat...a few years ago maybe I'd have eventually figured something out, but nowadays I only bring my spider out late at night to try and find 1v1s when I'm really bored and PvP is really dead, so I'm content with fights more or less coming down to something like "whoever gets the opening stun wins". Not to say there aren't other people I couldn't beat on my spider, or who could give me a good fight, I just haven't fought them.

On my captain...idk, she's not good enough to consistently beat anyone yet, and the mechanics of soloing on a captain certainly aren't helping. I'll learn though...nothing is impossible, and if I can solo on a defiler I can do it on a captain too.

As for my champ...idk, I haven't done any PvMP on her since the cap was 50. Bloodbourne, Warginator and some warleader named Happyorc I apparently fought early in book 10 (I have a screenshot to prove it, so I assume it was a good fight) get honorable mention, even though it was ages ago and I imagine none of them really play any more. Nowadays anyone could beat my champ probably...all my icons look like they're angry at me and I no longer have any idea what I'm doing.

Hm...I'll get back to this probably. And more people should at least take a shot at 1v1s...if you stand and fight you can at least feel better about yourself, whereas if you just turn and run you'll die more often than not.
    Last edited by azurebob99; Jan 11 2011 at 08:01 PM.
    Saelraen Feywind, Third Worst Champion on Landroval
    Dead and buried, gone and forgotten. Mostly.
    Sunshine and rainbows and death! Yay!

I completely wrecked a Guardian a few days ago.

Lost a couple of fights with Wilandria thanks to the RNG and being distracted at the beginning of the fight (typing messages, checkng wartabd, etc).

Killed an LM with gravity at the TA fall and made the mistake of trying to finish off the hunter who survived the gravity (I missed my jump and broke my legs for ~1 minute. Ouchie!)

A week or so before that I killed that hunter and . . . Duvelon(?) in front of TR.

I got Vinlasses in front of LC last week as well although several AFK people came back and decided to help me since they hadn't heard me say, "This one's mine." Of course he was at ~1,100 health versus my ~5,000 so the fight was almost concluded . . . =P

And I developed a revenge conspiracy theory when Vin brought his whole raid down on me by the TR rez. Maybe if I'd started running when I first got tracked I could've gotten the raid to die going over the waterfall, but oh well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000017ae5d/signature.png]Ugmog[/charsig]

Co-host and editor of [URL=www.throughthepalantir.blogspot.com]Through the Palantir[/URL].

Good 1v1 Necksnapper-1
    Speed, Surprise and Violence of Action
    Sine Pari

Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast