We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: Good 1v1 Thread!

I know I'm kinda double posting but this is from the point of Oggy. Thirindon the guard and Phultara the Lm, great 1v1s at tr rez. The LM, I believe I lost to you in front of tr not much before the then, both fights were close and fun. The guard was great fun and a great sport, very close as well.
    /bow to you sirs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000087cd1/signature.png]Gnomili[/charsig]
    Arkenstone: Gnomili R9 Guardian - Noldor
    Urukagh R9 BA, Golg R7 Reaver, Freeptooth R5 Warg, Uglakh R4 WL, Lugabash R4 Defiler
    Landroval: Oggy R7 Reaver, Firetab R5 Blackarrow

Talking Re: Good 1v1 Thread!

Well, I finally have the chance to post to this thread. First, I would like to thank everyone on this thread for helping me to get a better idea of 1v1 and pvp in general when it come to the attitudes about it (at least my understanding of the attitudes). I have always had the thought that it is just a game, and getting killed is part of it, so it never ruffles my feathers... Er... Fur... I was glad to see that it wasn't just me...

That said, I had 2 1v1 with Sovreign, the hunter, just a few moments ago. That was only my second true 1v1 (well, and third) that I've done. (I don't count the lvl 60 RK I found (twice in 20 mins) or the 2 level 40-somethings I found... Not fair, really... Nor do I count the Borfinn fight when I found him at 1/2 morale (though, I took that chance because I figured it was the only chance I had to actually win against him at my rank (4 at the time)... He still almost took me down).

I decided to prowl between GV and EC, as there was fighting in EC. The first fight, I took down Sovreign... The second taught me 2 things: 1. Even if you have that crazy adrenaline rush going on after a fight with a hunter ALWAYS keep an eye on your chat window to see if you're being tracked (BTW: Does that adrenaline rush tone down after a while??? or is it just me?)... And 2.... Don't hang in the same area with all of your skills in cooldown....

Awesome fun, and thank you, Sovreign, for the salute. The last time I was not in a group, and wound up 2v1'ing a freep, I bowed, as I have decided that a worthy adversary deserves respect. (Actually, I thought that before, but I just never thought to bow/salute/etc)...

P.S.: Yeah, I'm a noob when it comes to PVP in general... Actually never thought I'd like it too much... Thanks to the experience I've had on Landy, that has changed greatly.
    "That Rune Keeper just gave me a scolding I won't soon forget... Whatever happened to a rolled up newspaper?" -- Thawgur of Landroval

I just had a nice and long 1v1 with sovreign by gv(on my war-lead)... at the end we had both no power left and almost all our health too but then 2 young wardens(oldbonadros and alphadros) throwed their javelins to bring me down... seriously guys...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001c50ad/signature.png]Fardochee[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TheDaveL93 View Post
    Well, I finally have the chance to post to this thread. First, I would like to thank everyone on this thread for helping me to get a better idea of 1v1 and pvp in general when it come to the attitudes about it (at least my understanding of the attitudes). I have always had the thought that it is just a game, and getting killed is part of it, so it never ruffles my feathers... Er... Fur... I was glad to see that it wasn't just me...

That said, I had 2 1v1 with Sovreign, the hunter, just a few moments ago. That was only my second true 1v1 (well, and third) that I've done. (I don't count the lvl 60 RK I found (twice in 20 mins) or the 2 level 40-somethings I found... Not fair, really... Nor do I count the Borfinn fight when I found him at 1/2 morale (though, I took that chance because I figured it was the only chance I had to actually win against him at my rank (4 at the time)... He still almost took me down).

I decided to prowl between GV and EC, as there was fighting in EC. The first fight, I took down Sovreign... The second taught me 2 things: 1. Even if you have that crazy adrenaline rush going on after a fight with a hunter ALWAYS keep an eye on your chat window to see if you're being tracked (BTW: Does that adrenaline rush tone down after a while??? or is it just me?)... And 2.... Don't hang in the same area with all of your skills in cooldown....

Awesome fun, and thank you, Sovreign, for the salute. The last time I was not in a group, and wound up 2v1'ing a freep, I bowed, as I have decided that a worthy adversary deserves respect. (Actually, I thought that before, but I just never thought to bow/salute/etc)...

P.S.: Yeah, I'm a noob when it comes to PVP in general... Actually never thought I'd like it too much... Thanks to the experience I've had on Landy, that has changed greatly.
    Yeah, I was p***ed you found me with half morale and no cd's lmao
    I don't like losing fights I know I could have won, but kudos.
    You are improving!
    Keep at it
    Last edited by -Sylvan-Shadow-; Jan 25 2011 at 02:35 AM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][color=#3333FF][b][size=3][center] -| Commander Borfinn - R11 Guardian |-[/size] [/b][color=#B22222][size=3]| Harvester Of Hatred |[/size][/color]
    | Disciples Of The Watch |[/center][/color][/font]

Fards, epic duels the last few days! I liked that you put that banner down the last time thiking I would run out of power. It was a good idea, but I watched my pool a bit better this time.

Toothless, what happened in our fight behind EC? I was taking damage there, but it seemed one of us was lagging? Could have been me, could've been you, maybe both. Wow, were you fat! 169? Dude you been nomming some freeps!

Tailmange really drilled me there on the road to TR. I kept burning Cd's bit by bit catching Toxsik (sp?) the spider in various places.

And btw to the aformentioned spider, nice kiting! You dropped me twice. I really need to make sure I keep pots on hand 24/7.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    Fards, epic duels the last few days! I liked that you put that banner down the last time thiking I would run out of power. It was a good idea, but I watched my pool a bit better this time.

haha yeah we had some nice fights ! and you hit hard so i wanted to debuff your damage+ power pool but grr you get out of my banner's radius hehe i still was able to do my shout at least oh and be careful when ill be rank 5 there will be more challenge
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001c50ad/signature.png]Fardochee[/charsig]

Toothless, what happened in our fight behind EC? I was taking damage there, but it seemed one of us was lagging? Could have been me, could've been you, maybe both. Wow, were you fat! 169? Dude you been nomming some freeps!

Tailmange really drilled me there on the road to TR. I kept burning Cd's bit by bit catching Toxsik (sp?) the spider in various places.

And btw to the aformentioned spider, nice kiting! You dropped me twice. I really need to make sure I keep pots on hand 24/7.
    Thanks Lee - you should really invest the time into getting a sprint duration LI, I couldn't believe my luck when it ran out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by phatlip View Post
    Thanks Lee - you should really invest the time into getting a sprint duration LI, I couldn't believe my luck when it ran out so quickly.
    I'll be honest, I had forgotten to retrait after we Ran BG last night.That, and I ran out of poision and stun pots as well. No worries though, you played well enough to get the kill so well done!
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by alex-gab58 View Post
    I just had a nice and long 1v1 with sovreign by gv(on my war-lead)... at the end we had both no power left and almost all our health too but then 2 young wardens(oldbonadros and alphadros) throwed their javelins to bring me down... seriously guys...
    Sorry dude. If you recall, you had just rolled both Bones and I prior to that fight with 4 Wargs so we really didn't know you were alone up there with Sovreign. We just saw him in trouble, assumed the worst, and unloaded. In the aftermath, when we realized there were no Wargs with you, we apologized to Sovreign for interrupting. You, of course, were Creepside and not privy to the OOC.

I did have some good 1v1s yesterday. /salute to Sherranakh (sp?) and Tocsik (both encounters were interrupted, but I like your spirit!)
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Yeah, I pounced, applied bleeds, then DC'd. I'm going to blame my router, but maybe it was just the universe compensating you for your internet problems lately.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

I'll be honest, I had forgotten to retrait after we Ran BG last night.That, and I ran out of poision and stun pots as well. No worries though, you played well enough to get the kill so well done!
    I think he's referring to the LI legacy that increases sprint's duration to 45s. Doesn't the trait just decrease the CD?

I know having the legacy for a 17s charge on my GRD makes a huge difference against spider slows/WtE.

--------------------

I'll hopefully be out there tonight searching for some 1v1s. Hope to see you evil freeps out there!
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

Thumbs up Re: Good 1v1 Thread!

Hello hello hello. As one who likes a good 1v1, I though i'd post some. First of all a BIG kudos to Knawbones for taking me down near lugz today. I was in the middle of typing how bored I was when WHAM WHAM WHAM! And before I knew it, my health was half down and I was in an epic 1v1 to the death. Also kudos to Bonesaw for the 1v1 with him. (and knawbones, that kill after our 1v1 had me laughing). I would like to apologize to wargenfreeman. Im not sure if your on the forums but someone tell him I was not grouped with the champ that corpse jumped him after we killed him. I even mourned his fate and left some pie for him. I don't corpse jump and don't care for those who do. Not that it matters cause im sure you know it was fail anyways as he was "celebrating" winning a 2v1 and didn't even get the KB. All in all keep the 1v1s coming. And the 1v2s. Heck bring the whole raid. Ill stay and fight and die and come back and do it all over again. Peace! (or not XD )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052020000002fdd74/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Destroybuzzlightyear rank 6 reaver, Baskloin rank 7 guardian.
    If ya don't die, your doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by v_freak View Post
    Hello hello hello. As one who likes a good 1v1, I though i'd post some. First of all a BIG kudos to Knawbones for taking me down near lugz today. I was in the middle of typing how bored I was when WHAM WHAM WHAM! And before I knew it, my health was half down and I was in an epic 1v1 to the death. Also kudos to Bonesaw for the 1v1 with him. (and knawbones, that kill after our 1v1 had me laughing). I would like to apologize to wargenfreeman. Im not sure if your on the forums but someone tell him I was not grouped with the champ that corpse jumped him after we killed him. I even mourned his fate and left some pie for him. I don't corpse jump and don't care for those who do. Not that it matters cause im sure you know it was fail anyways as he was "celebrating" winning a 2v1 and didn't even get the KB. All in all keep the 1v1s coming. And the 1v2s. Heck bring the whole raid. Ill stay and fight and die and come back and do it all over again. Peace! (or not XD )
    You sir are a real pleasure to watch fight. You are not afraid to charge out no matter what the numbers are. And you refuse to run no matter what. A real champion in Guardian form. /salute.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    You sir are a real pleasure to watch fight. You are not afraid to charge out no matter what the numbers are. And you refuse to run no matter what. A real champion in Guardian form. /salute.
    I agree.

I've seen him out there recently and I must say, he puts up some nice fights. It's nice seeing a Guardian charge in instead of charge out. Pride gets in the way for alot of pvpers, so I guess depriving your opponant of a kill or experience points seems like the way to go.(including myself

However, if we all faught to the death, maybe we'd all rank faster.

/salute

PS. Don't look at me, I die plenty >.>
    [center][font=matisse itc][size=3][color=navyblue]Azaron[/color][color=black] [font=wingdings][size=3][color=white]t[/color][/size][/font] [/color][color=orange]Bizzarro[/color][/size][/font][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by roysterer View Post
    Yeah, I pounced, applied bleeds, then DC'd. I'm going to blame my router, but maybe it was just the universe compensating you for your internet problems lately.
    Haha, could've been. I ran over you I think around BB so I figured you had to burn sprint to catch me there. I've been having weird issues as well recently like being in a certain spot then teleporting backwards about 10 steps. I knew you had a bleed on me since I saw damage going over my head. At that point I couldn't tell which of us was dc'ing. I just kept hitting buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Baslin View Post
    I think he's referring to the LI legacy that increases sprint's duration to 45s. Doesn't the trait just decrease the CD?

I know having the legacy for a 17s charge on my GRD makes a huge difference against spider slows/WtE.

--------------------

I'll hopefully be out there tonight searching for some 1v1s. Hope to see you evil freeps out there!
    I'm sure hey was reffering to the Sprint Leg, but once when fighting him if I had've had my traits back to normal it would've been back up. The sad thing for me was, I had switched out sprint with heavy shield usage so I could off tank for the Twins fight last night which also disabled my CBR. I also had a few which probably explains why I forgot to retrait.

We have the LT tonight then I pick up Jaiyne at the airport later on. Watch out creepies, sheeeeee's back!
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

something something wargenfreeman.
    I lol'd. Bravo to you sir, whoever you may be.
    Last edited by Sharp10; Jan 25 2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot to close the quote
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000ad046/signature.png]Thaluil[/charsig]
    Curinoer, HNT R7- Wuffles, RVR R8 - Gashim, WRG R8

other stuff other stuff... Heck bring the whole raid. Ill stay and fight and die and come back and do it all over again. Peace! (or not XD )
    Like I told you on freep side earlier, thank you for fighting and not running..no matter where i see you - if your out numbered or not - you always fight fight fight and not once have i seen you try to run away, kite to npcs, or complain. *salute*
    ill freeps, *giggles*
    Last edited by evil_soul0999; Jan 25 2011 at 08:36 PM.
    If approval's what you seek, find someone who lacks an opinion.
    If agreement is all you need, get a pet. They'll never argue your ignorance or denial..

Quote Originally Posted by azarrron View Post
    I agree.

I've seen him out there recently and I must say, he puts up some nice fights. It's nice seeing a Guardian charge in instead of charge out. Pride gets in the way for alot of pvpers, so I guess depriving your opponant of a kill or experience points seems like the way to go.(including myself

However, if we all faught to the death, maybe we'd all rank faster.

/salute

PS. Don't look at me, I die plenty >.>

Grouped with Bizz last night and I start screaming..*Everyone out of EC...Everyone Out of EC...BIZZ get out.." All you could hear is Bizz saying, They are almost all dead...and then, "Bizzarro has been defeated" Least when your running - you're running in to them to kill freeps, *giggles*
    If approval's what you seek, find someone who lacks an opinion.
    If agreement is all you need, get a pet. They'll never argue your ignorance or denial..

Tocsik, you crazy spider.

/salute!
    Kynji

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post
    Tocsik, you crazy spider.

/salute!
    You're fun to fight against! What can I say.

For the record, when I come and tag you and then wargs or w/e come pounce - it has nothing to do with me and I /angry

leekae you got owend lol.

Same here Tocsik! You were probably wondering why I was dissappearing and appearing somewhere else last night, That was just the internet I was on. That fight in the valley was ONLY luck that I beat you. Yay crits!
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by stormofiron View Post
    leekae you got owend lol.
    This is a 1v1 thread, not a 1v2 thread. Just a reminder.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Haha no it was 1v1.
    I was jumping around drinking my beer killing you and you ran off to the river.
    But i got you at water drank the rest of my beer and moved on.

FYI, that was me on my reaver, just standing there watching Necksnapper fight you... far enough away it was QUITE obvious I wasn't fighting you. Then you got to 1000ish, and you blew your sprint, and ran. After that, I chased you with him, since it was clear you didn't want to '1 v 1' anymore, BUT, since I absolutely suck on my reaver, I didn't get a single hit off, and he still killed you. So, it WAS a 1 v 1, which he won with 4k health. Just callin' it like I saw it.

Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast