We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Ost Dunhoth Raid Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    blah blah blah GoRtheron T1

dude talks way too much
    I can't not do it since you ignored my past post about the spelling correction

Congratulations Inglorious Disasters, too!

Quote Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
    I can't not do it since you ignored my past post about the spelling correction

Congratulations Inglorious Disasters, too!
    DOH!!!!!!! ./facepalm
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Dragonfly
    Landroval
    Fear T2

Leader of Dragonfly

Esidora ~ Isadoraa ~ Olesia ~ Stepheriel ~ Jezzabel ~ Brejana ~ Grayse ~ Stepheth ~ Stephe

Quote Originally Posted by stepheth View Post
    Dragonfly
    Landroval
    Fear T2

Think you might have posted this on the wrong forums, this is Nimrodel raid progression, But grats nonetheless!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d7421/signature.png]Aetric[/charsig]

My threads are so awesome that other servers want to post on them.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

OOPS!!! sorry so many of these threads to look thru.... thanks!

Good Luck to you all!
    Leader of Dragonfly

Esidora ~ Isadoraa ~ Olesia ~ Stepheriel ~ Jezzabel ~ Brejana ~ Grayse ~ Stepheth ~ Stephe

Lords of the West completed Ivar T2 HM tonight! (August 21)

Sadly, I'm not in possession of a screenshot, but I'm sure somebody else from the kin got it if you need one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000002ef9d/01005/signature.png]Jarlikbryd[/charsig]

Grats guys!
    Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod

I dont know, I maybe have bad luck but I have been invited twice to OD wound wing and twice it has failed, Im a guard and an officer in my kin and would really like to be in a raid where I can learn and then teach my kin how to defeat this mammoth of a raid. If anyone is running these I am a 65 tank who specializes in aggro.

Thanks guys
    Goat: Every class at 130 on Landy, Multiple classes on Arkenstone

Look at all the old school people who aren't playing any longer Not that I can blame them........

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Look at all the old school people who aren't playing any longer Not that I can blame them........
    My reaction to getting an email notification for this thread reply was literally "Glad, dafuq are you drunk?"

Thread rez FOR GREAT JUSTICE???
    Aranoreth ~ Evalia
    Vinyara, of Nimrodel

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiSoul View Post
    My reaction to getting an email notification for this thread reply was literally "Glad, dafuq are you drunk?"

Thread rez FOR GREAT JUSTICE???
    Ohai Indy! ./wave

Any word on if Vengeance has downed Ivar yet?
    Rivawen - Trending - Emporio - Jabberwock - Badromance

I think the question that needs answering here is who is 3rd best on the server?
    Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod

We are thinking that, at level 100, T2C on Ivar is impossible. It's bugged, something is wrong. I won't go into all the specifics now, but basically he's just way too strong. Kinda like how SG T2C was at level 85 when they first scaled it... but worse.

Zarwise
    PLOI, Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Zarwise View Post
    We are thinking that, at level 100, T2C on Ivar is impossible. It's bugged, something is wrong. I won't go into all the specifics now, but basically he's just way too strong. Kinda like how SG T2C was at level 85 when they first scaled it... but worse.

Zarwise
    PLOI, Landroval
    Not impossible at all.

Let me tell you a bit of how we tried it, then maybe you can tell me where we're wrong, or doing something "not quite right."

Our two group builds are as follows:

1) Captain (yellow), guardian (blue), LM (Yellow), RK (blue), minstrel (blue), Hunter
    2) 2 RK's (one yellow one blue), minstrel (blue), champ (red), captain (yellow), hunter

We have both captains yellow-traited to make use of IHW/LS on Ivar's huge ~25% AOE hits. We have four healers, so the "normal" parts of the fight are extremely stable. People stay on top of their potables (wound, fear, disease), so we don't have issues with those. Our issue seems to be the completely random 3-in-a-row-AOE's he does in between the expected ~25% AOE hits.

Now, let me specify - not only do we have the protection from 2 yellow-traited captains, and the heals from 4 healers (2 each minstrel and RK), everyone is also properly statted, geared, and buffed. Everyone has mitigations capped, and at least 20k morale and 50%+ crit defense.

Please, we are at a roadblock. We don't know what we're missing. If it is completable, please at least give me a hint as to how to make it successful. This is the last thing our kinship needs to to complete, but we're totally stumped.

Thanks in advance!
    Zarwise, Kinleader
    PLOI kinship
    Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Zarwise View Post
    Let me tell you a bit of how we tried it, then maybe you can tell me where we're wrong, or doing something "not quite right."

Our two group builds are as follows:

1) Captain (yellow), guardian (blue), LM (Yellow), RK (blue), minstrel (blue), Hunter
    2) 2 RK's (one yellow one blue), minstrel (blue), champ (red), captain (yellow), hunter

We have both captains yellow-traited to make use of IHW/LS on Ivar's huge ~25% AOE hits. We have four healers, so the "normal" parts of the fight are extremely stable. People stay on top of their potables (wound, fear, disease), so we don't have issues with those. Our issue seems to be the completely random 3-in-a-row-AOE's he does in between the expected ~25% AOE hits.

Now, let me specify - not only do we have the protection from 2 yellow-traited captains, and the heals from 4 healers (2 each minstrel and RK), everyone is also properly statted, geared, and buffed. Everyone has mitigations capped, and at least 20k morale and 50%+ crit defense.

Please, we are at a roadblock. We don't know what we're missing. If it is completable, please at least give me a hint as to how to make it successful. This is the last thing our kinship needs to to complete, but we're totally stumped.

Thanks in advance!
    Zarwise, Kinleader
    PLOI kinship
    Landroval
    You're falling in the classic trap of this raid wich is stacking heals while the raid itself is a controlled dps fight.

Get a blue guard, yellow lm, yellow burg (disable), RED cappy with IHW and another RED cappy with the rallying cry damage buff, 2 minis, one healing rk, one champ, other dps are preferably wardens/fire rks.

If you have a very good yellow captain that is experienced in tanking with a great build he can replace the guard too and make the group better but i don't advise it if he never tanked it before.

I assume you know the order of the mini bosses so i won't bother with that.

Position your ranged in the middle of the room and let your guard tank the boss in a 360 degree circle ( when you have to move from healing puddles) 20m away from your ranged ( your ranged can stand still for the entire fight).

100%: or initial hit: make sure you're balled up and let rk pop essay if you really want to but no cds should be needed.
    75%: Essay
    60%: Pop FH
    50%: TS and essay if available, also a good time for other class specific defensive cds. Cappy with IHW also pops first oathie and second oathie follows, some dps cds are popped ( all are popped at 30% for max burst dps)
    25% RK stone + IHW ( rk can bubble the IHW cappy) and every other defensive cd you have. nuke boss and win.

Make sure you have a decent amount of morale but your debuffs are most important. Your lm and burg are vital in this raid and will make the fight a lot easier.

and last tip: NEVER stop dps or hold back, you don't have the time for it

Hope this helps

Tarpelion from Brandywine
    Fully Wrecked/Stainless

Arkenstone: R14 captain, R11 hunter, random other freeps and creeps

Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    You're falling in the classic trap of this raid wich is stacking heals while the raid itself is a controlled dps fight.

Get a blue guard, yellow lm, yellow burg (disable), RED cappy with IHW and another RED cappy with the rallying cry damage buff, 2 minis, one healing rk, one champ, other dps are preferably wardens/fire rks.

If you have a very good yellow captain that is experienced in tanking with a great build he can replace the guard too and make the group better but i don't advise it if he never tanked it before.

I assume you know the order of the mini bosses so i won't bother with that.

Position your ranged in the middle of the room and let your guard tank the boss in a 360 degree circle ( when you have to move from healing puddles) 20m away from your ranged ( your ranged can stand still for the entire fight).

100%: or initial hit: make sure you're balled up and let rk pop essay if you really want to but no cds should be needed.
    75%: Essay
    60%: Pop FH
    50%: TS and essay if available, also a good time for other class specific defensive cds. Cappy with IHW also pops first oathie and second oathie follows, some dps cds are popped ( all are popped at 30% for max burst dps)
    25% RK stone + IHW ( rk can bubble the IHW cappy) and every other defensive cd you have. nuke boss and win.

Make sure you have a decent amount of morale but your debuffs are most important. Your lm and burg are vital in this raid and will make the fight a lot easier.

and last tip: NEVER stop dps or hold back, you don't have the time for it

Hope this helps

Tarpelion from Brandywine
    This doesn't address the problem of 3 AoE hits one right after the other every 30 seconds or so shortly after Ivar activates. These hits were hitting people for 10k, 15k, 18k respectively after their mits and they were not considered Critical Hits by the game so Crit Defense didn't come into play. Using RK's Essay, IHM/LS you can negate this once but not constantly like has been observed during the fight. When was the last time you did OD Ivar T2C? What order did you do the Defiler/Angmarim/Warg/Troll in? I've seen the order of Defiler/Troll/Angmarim/Warg and Defiler/Angmarim/Troll/Warg tried and neither have worked. The only real thing missing from your suggestion was a Burg.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    This doesn't address the problem of 3 AoE hits one right after the other every 30 seconds or so shortly after Ivar activates. These hits were hitting people for 10k, 15k, 18k respectively after their mits and they were not considered Critical Hits by the game so Crit Defense didn't come into play. Using RK's Essay, IHM/LS you can negate this once but not constantly like has been observed during the fight. When was the last time you did OD Ivar T2C? What order did you do the Defiler/Angmarim/Warg/Troll in? I've seen the order of Defiler/Troll/Angmarim/Warg and Defiler/Angmarim/Troll/Warg tried and neither have worked. The only real thing missing from your suggestion was a Burg.
    We did it right at the start of 100. Combo was defiler, angmarim, troll and warg last

The 3 hits are a mechanic wich is why this fight is a timed dps race. you have to get 25% off atleast after 50% every 20-25s because after every 25%, you'll get an additional hit wich is why you want LS/rk stone last since it negates that entire phase with those cds + aoe bolster. The crit D thing is also true.

The burg is your keystone. The yellow burg nerfs the hits of Ivar so much and will make healing way more bearable. Going in there without it is playing with the RNG, you can beat it without a burg but not in a consistent reliable way. The issue with your tactic is that you're trying to save the group with overhealing while you should do it with debuffs and cds.

As for suggestions i think i just described an entire new way for you of doing this raid. I have seen dozens of raids and kins do it with the overhealing tactic and fail 99% of the time. It's simple logic that if you can't outheal multiple hits that you look for more potential debuffs ( disable, yellow lm debuffs, addle, Champions duel,...)
    Last edited by tarpelion; Feb 22 2015 at 08:21 PM.
    Fully Wrecked/Stainless

We did it right at the start of 100. Combo was defiler, angmarim, troll and warg last

The 3 hits are a mechanic wich is why this fight is a timed dps race. you have to get 25% off atleast after 50% every 20-25s because after every 25%, you'll get an additional hit wich is why you want LS/rk stone last since it negates that entire phase with those cds + aoe bolster. The crit D thing is also true.

The burg is your keystone. The yellow burg nerfs the hits of Ivar so much and will make healing way more bearable. Going in there without it is playing with the RNG, you can beat it without a burg but not in a consistent reliable way. The issue with your tactic is that you're trying to save the group with overhealing while you should do it with debuffs and cds.

As for suggestions i think i just described an entire new way for you of doing this raid. I have seen dozens of raids and kins do it with the overhealing tactic and fail 99% of the time. It's simple logic that if you can't outheal multiple hits that you look for more potential debuffs ( disable, yellow lm debuffs, addle, Champions duel,...)
    I have a question here - you thoroughly describe the morale % hits that he does, but then go on to say it's a DPS fight. You never describe how/where this is a TIMED fight. That's where I'm confused. If the hits are determined by morale markers, then why is there this "rush" to do faster DPS? Also... I'm not trying to get into semantics or be overly particular, but you said you did this fight right at the start of 100... I'm assuming you mean that you did the fight T1, not T2/T2C. There's no way that newly 100 toons, with no 1st agers and little to no essence gear and, at best, a few pieces of gold level 95 big battle jewelry could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM1982 View Post
    I have a question here - you thoroughly describe the morale % hits that he does, but then go on to say it's a DPS fight. You never describe how/where this is a TIMED fight. That's where I'm confused. If the hits are determined by morale markers, then why is there this "rush" to do faster DPS? Also... I'm not trying to get into semantics or be overly particular, but you said you did this fight right at the start of 100... I'm assuming you mean that you did the fight T1, not T2/T2C. There's no way that newly 100 toons, with no 1st agers and little to no essence gear and, at best, a few pieces of gold level 95 big battle jewelry could have done it.
    Well i expected people to know the basic mechanics.

Anyways, this fight is timed because at 75/50/25% you'll get those big hits but if you fail to progress to the next morale % you'll get the hits you recieved from the previous morale % again and you'll either have to pop cds again or have really good healers. This becomes an issue after 75% because at that point you'll take atleast 3 hits and gets worse after 50 and 25% because they become stronger too.

So for example:

75% ( 2-3 hits) -> after 20-25s: 60% ( 2-3 hits again like at 75%) -> 50% ( 3 hits) = wrong way

75% -> after 20-25s: 50% = right way because you avoid the inbetween hits and can time your cds better.

Main reason it is a dps fight is because you don't want those hits inbetween. DPS and debuffs make you survive in this fight.

And yes we did it at T2c right after We got this from Nim beat it too. It's not a hard fight at all and even undermannable once you get used to the mechanics. Not to mention gearing isn't exactly hard nowadays.
    Fully Wrecked/Stainless

Well i expected people to know the basic mechanics.

Anyways, this fight is timed because at 75/50/25% you'll get those big hits but if you fail to progress to the next morale % you'll get the hits you recieved from the previous morale % again and you'll either have to pop cds again or have really good healers. This becomes an issue after 75% because at that point you'll take atleast 3 hits and gets worse after 50 and 25% because they become stronger too.

So for example:

75% ( 2-3 hits) -> after 20-25s: 60% ( 2-3 hits again like at 75%) -> 50% ( 3 hits) = wrong way

75% -> after 20-25s: 50% = right way because you avoid the inbetween hits and can time your cds better.

Main reason it is a dps fight is because you don't want those hits inbetween. DPS and debuffs make you survive in this fight.

And yes we did it at T2c right after We got this from Nim beat it too. It's not a hard fight at all and even undermannable once you get used to the mechanics. Not to mention gearing isn't exactly hard nowadays.
    That's what I was looking for. I've never before 100 see these "timed" hits between the 25% markers. That's what was confusing me. Now it makes sense.

Take a look at a gambler burg instead of a MM one if your primary use for them is disable and not the CC.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Take a look at a gambler burg instead of a MM one if your primary use for them is disable and not the CC.
    I did, imo yellow burg is still better in there. Granted the T6 debuffing gamble itself is better than disable but to keep that up a gambler burg pretty much has to spam it, a yellow burg just puts up his tricks and has other interesting debuffs too ( such as enrage for inc damage,...) + increases the raids survivability too. Not to mention their tricks are aoe iirc wich is better for the trash pulls and mini bosses.

Yellow burg just brings far more utility in the raid.
    Fully Wrecked/Stainless

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8