We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Forums: Add an easier way to find your own posts

Other forum engines, and even other forums using this engine, have an easier way to find your own posts than manually finding one of your posts, clicking your name, and going to "find more posts"

Ideally, you'd be able to click your name in the upper right where it says "Logged in as _____" and it'd take you to your homepage, where you'd find a "find my posts" and "find threads i've started" page. For an example, this is how Gateworld's forums (forum.gateworld.net) works and they use vBulletin too.

Re: Forums: Add an easier way to find your own posts

This may be better posted in

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?341

but yes, /signed
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

set it to automatically suscribe to anything you post in.
    then you can just go to My Forums Settings and it shows everything you suscribed to THAT HAS A NEW POST. to view everything (nbew posts or not) click "list subscriptions"

Couldn't agree more. I've wanted to catch up on threads I was involved in days previous and even using keywords to help narrow the search, sometimes it's 30 minutes or more before I can figure out where it is.

I belong to another forum that uses VBulletin and you can simply go to your profile page to check your own posts.
    Why this has not been implemented here is totally beyond me. Of course, the forums in general need to be fixed.

As it stands now the best way to find your own posts here is to have a post in a little used forum and then click on your name. It shouldn't be necessary to do this..

So yes indeed...

/signed

The problem with setting things up so you automatically subscribe to threads is that your inbox often gets overwhelmed. I prefer to avoid this.
    .......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisNoir View Post
    Why this has not been implemented here is totally beyond me.
    Actually, it's default behaviour. They took out the profile page here, presumably to keep the profile based on the community site.

/signed

'The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.'
    [CENTER][COLOR=GOLD]Jag wants some sugar. Gimme ur sugarz [B]NOW[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=PURPLE]Jag has altitis - [/COLOR][COLOR=TEAL]Jaguaroo(65), Jaguaraen(65), Jaguarel(65), Jaguaranor, Jagauri, Falconwyn(65), Falconwind(65), Falconwing, Pearpie(65), Razberry, Ambivalent, Oopsie, [I]Feller, Gotsilk, Akbagrishlugmuzshakz, Moldyskin, Falconarrow[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=PURPLE] - I need rehab.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Damn, I just made a thread about this. I should have checked first!

/signed.

*sigh* The new forums is a version of New Coke from the 80s.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Damn, I just made a thread about this. I should have checked first!

/signed.

*sigh* The new forums is a version of New Coke from the 80s.
    Welcome back.

/signed - but not really holding my breath
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rouven View Post
    Welcome back.

/signed - but not really holding my breath

Thank you Rouven.

I was surprised at people even caring I was gone! You made my day!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Thank you Rouven.

I was surprised at people even caring I was gone! You made my day!
    I looked down the forum links and saw Nymphonic. Welcome back. You never know whats going to happen when your gone a few days.
    [I][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE][/I]

/signed

more words...
    Frieja - Minstrel on Landroval (formerly of Brandywine)

/signed

as easy as that ..and ofc..MOAR words!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000026dbfb/signature.png]Lorewriter[/charsig]

[url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?418366-Journey-through-Flame-and-Darkness"]Wanderer of the Yourney through Flame and Darkness[/url]

I decided to come here and bump this thread because I wanted to check my post history. Taking away the post history option in the CP was wrong, just wrong.

Agreed. It's ridiculously hard to find your own posts on this forum. It used to be easier before they "fixed" the perfectly good old forums.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000040133/01008/signature.png]Ardeth[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]Ardeth --75 minstrel; Mirianor--75 RK; Philippa--75 captain;[/CENTER][CENTER]Brynna--68 burg; Ellaril--72 hunter; Irulan--67 loremaster[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I must agree. This would be a very helpful and well-appreciated tool.
    [color=green]~[/color][color=orange]*[/color][color=green]~[/color] [color=blue]O great glory and splendour! and all of my dreams have come true! [/color][color=green]~[/color][color=orange]*[/color][color=green]~[/color]

The reason I'm posting here right now is so I can click on my name to look at my post history. Get the message here Turbine?

Unhappy Re: Forums: Add an easier way to find your own posts

*raises hand* I second, third.....100th the motion. I stumbled across something somewhere that I think was a link called "user posts" but......now I can't find again.
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    ============================== =
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong
    to his immediate kin."...."Little Big Man"....Thomas Berger

Quote Originally Posted by Belriel View Post
    *raises hand* I second, third.....100th the motion. I stumbled across something somewhere that I think was a link called "user posts" but......now I can't find again.
    I'm sure it's been posted in this thread, but I didn't read the whole thing-- to find "user posts", click on your name (the one in the upper left, the yellow one) of any post you've made. Iirc, there's a 500 post limit to the memory, so not all posts will be shown if anyone is over that count.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just wanting to check my history

/agreed

Want easier ways to find things again.

Still working :-)

Good one!