We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tracking treasure burg quest

Is this bugged? I've spent half an hour searching for this scroll in these book cases and come up with nothing. I know how much turbine loves your progress to be based on the RNG, but I honestly think there is a bug here.

On the bright side, I'm getting a TON of scholar mats
    Last edited by nnichols1; Jun 23 2011 at 10:57 PM.
    George RR Martin > JRR Tolkien
    *Nerd Alert*
    Nahtaslash - 65 Nahtashield - 65 Nahtanin - 65 Nahtalore - 65 Nateedubs - 65

Re: Tracking treasure burg quest

Saddly, its entirely random. I spent multiple hours working on it two nights ago. yesterday I got it on my first try!; There's no reason to go around to multiple bookcases, just keep trying until you get it!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Saddly, its entirely random.
    Many things are in lotro sadly. But how is this supposed to be fun? I'm doing it at 65, at least all the mobs are grey. I feel sorry for any burg doing it at lower lvls...wondering from one bookcase to the next to gain nothing, forced to fight the tightly packed mobs the entire way.

Funniest part is its for the MM line, which I'll never use and I never see other burgs using.
    Last edited by nnichols1; Jun 25 2011 at 01:23 AM.
    *Nerd Alert*

If this is the quest I'm thinking of, it's actually a puzzle you have to solve. It's been ages since I did it, but either the quest text or some note the questgiver hands to you gives you clues as to exactly which bookshelf it is. The orcs come as a result of not picking the correct shelf quickly enough.

Again, it's been a couple of years, but I'm pretty sure the give you a clue of some kind.
    [CENTER][COLOR=lime][I][B]Gumble NorthTook[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Hobbit Burglar, and Leader of the [COLOR=cyan][URL="http://www.mithrilcrowns.net"]Mithril Crowns[/URL][/COLOR] kinship
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=palegreen][I]Altair son of Aramir[/I] [COLOR=sienna]|[/COLOR] [I]Gunther of Gondor[/I][COLOR=sienna] | [/COLOR][I]Aglaredhel of Lindon[/I][COLOR=sienna] | [/COLOR][I]Shamax Argalfson[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=red]Elendilmir Server[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    If this is the quest I'm thinking of, it's actually a puzzle you have to solve. It's been ages since I did it, but either the quest text or some note the questgiver hands to you gives you clues as to exactly which bookshelf it is. The orcs come as a result of not picking the correct shelf quickly enough.

Again, it's been a couple of years, but I'm pretty sure the give you a clue of some kind.
    Its not a puzzle. The same book-case I eventually parked in front of and spent 3hrs trying with no luck was the same bookcase that worked the following day.

I've been working at it for an hour now. What a waste of time. The Devs need to really know that this quest is a fail. This quest is definately neither fun nor challenging. It is simply annoying. It's hard to believe that for over a year now this quest has stayed this irritating.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000010d350/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Did not expect this thread to get dug up! I gave up on it, the MM line is worthless anyway.
    *Nerd Alert*

I did this quest on my burg last week. Went to the area and straight to the glowing bookcase, one click and done. Not sure if it has any bearing but i had my track treasure skill on at the time....

Its not a puzzle. The same book-case I eventually parked in front of and spent 3hrs trying with no luck was the same bookcase that worked the following day.
    Yeah.. duh...

Every time you reopen an instance with a randomly selected outcome for a puzzle (such as which bookcase holds the thing) another outcome can be picked. You were just very lucky that the next day the bookcase you were standing at the previous day (for nothing really) was the one randomly selected to be the right one.

There are clues as to which one has been randomly selected.

Quote Originally Posted by mptyspace View Post
    Every time you reopen an instance....There are clues as to which one has been randomly selected.
    This quest does not take place in an instance.; Its in open landscape in moria All book-cases are in the 'same' 16x16 landscape block.

This quest does not take place in an instance.; Its in open landscape in moria All book-cases are in the 'same' 16x16 landscape block.
    bleh, must have been confused a little bit :P

well, even then there should be clues as to which drops in any case :P

Quote Originally Posted by mptyspace View Post
    bleh, must have been confused a little bit :P

well, even then there should be clues as to which drops in any case :P
    I wouldn't mind some kind of clue, but there certainly isn't and can't be one the way the quest is currently designed. (Though, if there's some weird quirk I'm missing, I'd be happy to hear it from one of the World Builders/lore monkeys.)

I, too, am thoroughly frustrated with this quest. I've tried four different locations a dozen times each, and nothing to show for my effort... Yet I'm told it's working as intended (which makes me wonder which dev has it in for the Burgs, lol)... This quest is beyond un-fun, especially for a completionist like myself.

I'm thinking about giving up as others have done, unless someone else has more tips.

Logging out didn't help.
    Trying all four bookshelves multiple times didn't help.
    Tracking treasure skill active--didn't help.
    GM couldn't help.
    Nothin'.
    Help?

Here's the deal. The GM can't help because it's not a 100% drop item. My thought is the drop rate might be something like 25-30%; High enough to be tedious, but low enough to be streak prone. ; Pick a bookcase, and just loot it repeatedly until your quest completes.. Some of the bookcases you can even avoid fighting the mobs that spawn as well.

May you have a much lower number of attempts than I did.

About this quest, I did it at level 65. It is difficult, Did those who gave up find all 4 bookcases? It didn't seem bugged to me, although I did have trouble finding the 4 bookcases. It was difficult.
    I made it the only quest on my quest tracker.
    Then after making it the only quest, looking at map, then turn everything off.
    The bookcases are marked on the map, I think. If not- try wiki. That's what I used for the locations.
    Some other suggestions may be turn floaty names on, and try to get as close to the ring icon as possible.
    I remember seeing it through a wall. Also try hitting delete when you are close to select the bookcase as a target. Hope this helps.

I really like Mines of Moria! It's so fun! there is so much content! Its great! Puzzles are fun. I am seriuos. When you people say MM do you mean Misty Mountains or Mines of Moria?

after spending hours on this Q, having made a ticket to the GM with no help returned (just that is was working as intended) i gave it up.
    15 minutes later i decided to try agian. Went to the location just N of the Hall with the waterfalls and clicked on the bookcase and got my scroll.
    Different approach this time was that i clicked on the top mark on the Bookshelf. Dunno if it was just random, but seems like it helped me progress.

Kindly
    Mira of Eldar

Tracking treasure burg quest

What makes this especially frustrating is that some people apparently get the scroll after clicking on only a few bookcases. Some of us, however, for unknown reasons, spend hours on it.

After long experimentation, let me clarify:

Track treasure has nothing to do with it. Where you click on the bookcase has nothing to do with it. Killing all of the orcs has nothing to do with it. Sneaking past all of the orcs has nothing to do with it. The idea of staying at the same bookcase continually clicking didn't work. I gave up after I clicked the same bookcase 50 times (yes, I counted). There are no "clues" that I can find.

Finally, here is how I "solved" it:
    When you click on a bookcase, the scrolls disappear. If you stay at the same bookcase, the scrolls don't respawn. I thought perhaps the non-respawning scrolls might have something to do with it. After experimenting, I got to the point where I had 3 bookshelves with no scrolls. Waiting for a while, the scrolls did not respawn, so I was sure I had the answer, but when I clicked on the fourth bookshelf, the first three simply reset and respawned scrolls. Disgusted, I logged off, but thought maybe I missed something, and logged back on five minutes later to try it again. I got the scroll at the first bookcase I clicked on.

My suggestion: keep logging off and on until you get the scroll on the first try.

This is truly a tedious quest, and if it is operating as it was intended to operate, then somebody at Turbine ought to be fired.
    Last edited by a9a9a; Jul 17 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a9a9a View Post
    What makes this especially frustrating is that some people apparently get the scroll after clicking on only a few bookcases. Some of us, however, for unknown reasons, spend hours on it.

After long experimentation, let me clarify:

Track treasure has nothing to do with it. Where you click on the bookcase has nothing to do with it. Killing all of the orcs has nothing to do with it. Sneaking past all of the orcs has nothing to do with it. The idea of staying at the same bookcase continually clicking didn't work. I gave up after I clicked the same bookcase 50 times (yes, I counted). There are no "clues" that I can find.

Finally, here is how I "solved" it:
    When you click on a bookcase, the scrolls disappear. If you stay at the same bookcase, the scrolls don't respawn. I thought perhaps the non-respawning scrolls might have something to do with it. After experimenting, I got to the point where I had 3 bookshelves with no scrolls. Waiting for a while, the scrolls did not respawn, so I was sure I had the answer, but when I clicked on the fourth bookshelf, the first three simply reset and respawned scrolls. Disgusted, I logged off, but thought maybe I missed something, and logged back on five minutes later to try it again. I got the scroll at the first bookcase I clicked on.

My suggestion: keep logging off and on until you get the scroll on the first try.

This is truly a tedious quest, and if it is operating as it was intended to operate, then somebody at Turbine ought to be fired.
    logging on and off works I parked myself at a bookcase and looted it over and over while logging on and off it took like 5 tries.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

What level is this quest?
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    What level is this quest?
    IIRC, it is the level 58 class quest.
    Thorcar
    Champion on Arkenstone
    Rare Breed

EWWW

I've been clicking 20 minutes now, and no luck....I don't have 3 hours to spend on one quest. Please fix this lotro!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000429a0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Unhappy

Well looks like they didnt bother fixing it in the recent update to Moria- definetly a case of cant be bothered fixing something that causes massive frustration.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001013b8/01001/signature.png]Joincee[/charsig]

So how do we finish our class quest?

I just tried Tracking the Treasure today, then came looking to find what I was doing wrong, and found this thread. If the quest is bugged, how do we finish it? Is there a way or are we just stuck until it's fixed?
    [U][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400][B] IGNITION [/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#00ff00]Windfola[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#ffd700] Berylina, Burglar, level 64[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700];[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222]
    (Mithional, Warden, level 85; Nendinen, level 50, hunter, Gavrain, Champion,
    level 44; Eadilgifu, minstrel, level 22; Ivantoholt, level 10, lore master)
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]
    [/COLOR][/U]

Just scout around the area. IIRC, there should be 5-6 bookcases scattered around (and even slightly outside) the marked quest area. I remembering walking around quite a bit before it popped into my inventory.

Having just completed this I can confirm that the most of bookcases are scattered outside the quest "circle" area. There are 4 locations, one of which is located in a hidden area under one of the stairs. Google will give you the locations of the bookcases to check.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast