We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Adventure of Áre and Gloan - "From Thorin's Hall, to The River Anduin"

((After almost two weeks of roleplay in the wilds, across Eregion, Moria and Lorien, Gloan and Mecyn managed to retrieve Loor's second book half. I can honestly say, personally, that this was the best Roleplay experience that I have done in all my time on LotRO.))

There once was a man named Áre,

And a Dwarf, commonly known as Gloan.

They met in secret, ever so far from ears,

yet they had a plan for an adventure,

which would no doubt, take them far from here.

What is this adventure about, you may ask,

even I, the bard of this song, know little of this task.

Áre and Gloan, travel afar from home!

In order to see riches, in middle-earth, alone.

With no fancy orders, or help from others,

They venture out, to seek an heirloom, alone.

What is this heirloom, one may ask?

They believe it to have touched corrupted hands,

Yes, oh yes! I speak of the Elf... the Elf, the Elf.

Whom was blinded by riches, and wealth.

"And so, this song, tale, or whatever you may want to call it, ends at the river Anduin, where the book was retrieved. Even I, Merioc Shortfoot, bard of this song am amazed... I shall now lay down my quill and Ink, and spread the news of this heroic adventure!"

"Gloan says, 'You say, 'This tale is yours to now carry on, not mine. I shall not see what happeneds next, only you shall bare that story'"
    "Mecyn says, 'You are not only worthy of the ever respect of my kindred, but you are forever in my debt master Gloan. I've never met a more valiant one of the mountains in all my one-hundred and twenty-seven years, and I am proud to have carried your bag..'"

"Mecyn says, '[Khûzdul] You shall never be forgotten, Gloan of the mountains..'"
    "Gloan says, '[Khúzdul] Nor shall you, my friend. Now go! Go and finish what we had started! Perhaps one day, you may visit me here in Lorien, if I may be in my tomb, or still living.'"

~ And so Gloan turned his back, not knowing what really happened in the end, except that he shall never forget this adventure.

((As seen on: http://laurelinarchives.org/node/7217))
    Last edited by Turindriel; Jul 04 2011 at 06:45 PM.

Re: The Adventure of Áre and Gloan - "From Thorin's Hall, to The River Anduin"

((A few more screenshots took))

Re: The Adventure of Áre and Gloan - "From Thorin's Hall, to The River Anduin"

Last edited by Turindriel; Jul 04 2011 at 06:45 PM.