We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Talking Rangers of The West recruiting on the Gladden server

We're a socially focused kin rank 10 kin with a kinhouse and active membership. We are looking to grow into more group content over the coming months.

eta: We also now have a kinship site, please feel welcome to check it out. If you're interested in joining our kin, please fill out an app, and we'll have an officer contact you.

We have regular events, including a holiday gift exchange, treasure hunt, and a kin-sponsored race to the top of Weathertop. many of them driven by suggestions from our members.

Newcomers welcome. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Of course you can also contact an officer in game, or message me here on the forums.
    Last edited by Bel-Astarte; Mar 14 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Revised application process
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Re: Rangers of The West recruiting on the Gladden server

Hello,

Do you have room for an old warden? I usually only can play on weekend mornings and on holidays. I haven't raided at all but willing to learn and help when I can. Also have a few alts (highest is a 50 Guardian) that would like to tag along. I'm a founder and played off and on since the beginning. I miss the comraderie of a guild/kin and would like to see if I fit in with the Rangers.

We'd be delighted to welcome you to Rangers-feel free to msg me in game on my main, LilyRose, or any officer.

Also, please feel free to ck out our guildlaunch site to get a bit of a feel for the kin as well.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Will do and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Great news. I'll actually have time to be on tonight so I might end up tracking an officer down.

Great. We'll look forward to welcoming you in.

Good day,
    I am brand new to the game and I am still learning how this game operates and run. So far I like what I see. I am interested in joining a kingship. However, my toon is only lvl 6. I understand that I may not be the ideal type player b/c my toon is such a low lvl. However, if you are generally recruiting I would love to hear what you guys are all about.

Toon name: Nystel
    Race/Class: Man/Bugler (female)
    Level of MMO Exp: WoW-3 years, Runes of Magic -8 months, Rift-6 months, SWTOR - currently playing
    Communication Programs: Mumble & Vent

Thank you for your time.

We have many players leveling up, and we'd be happy to welcome you to our kin.

You can send an officer a tell (I'm usually on LilyRose) as soon as you're out of the intro instance and we can send you an invite.

Welcome to Middle Earth.

I have a range of toons from level 15 to 75 I might be interested in bringing over. I came out to ya'lls sparring tourney the other night with my RK, Waril. Had a lot of fun, gave me something different to do with him beyond leveling.
    So to the meat of the post:
    My current kin has dwindled in the past month or so and I'm looking for something more alive and sociable.
    I've been in the game for a few years, and have had experience in most of the different aspects of the game, raiding, pvmp (both sides), group and solo content, crafting, etc, etc. I'm mostly just looking for a place that when I log into the game, there's people there to chat with.

I'm on most weeknights after 6 or 7 central, and off and on on the weekends depending on whats going on outside of Middle Earth. I can be reached by tell or mail on any of my toons, or a private PM through the forums.

My toons: Ethellaf (or just Eth, in fact I'm Eth on all of my toons ), Balcome, Aldash, Gundred, Talphore, Wilhame, Larsia, Waril, and Ordden.

If you have trouble finding any of them, Eth has been in Bree lately looking all ranger like and answering questions from new players. I usually plant him in the Hobbit area up the hill from the West Gate, or on top of the West Bree Stables.
    Most people know me as Eth no matter which one of the following I'm on:

Ethellaf(hnt), Aldash(mini), Balcome(champ), Gundred(grd), Larsia(ward), Ordden(capt), Othkyn(beor), Talphor(burg), Waril(rk), Wilhame(lm) along with many many Vault Alts.

http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com/

Just like to say what a friendly group this is. I joined last week and felt very welcomed right from the start. Whatever your level, you can find some kinmates to run with. The Sparing Tournament Saturday night was excellent (wish I could have provided a better fight to my oppenents) and I'm looking forward to more kin events.

Ah, yes, Waril-I remember you.

You made quite an impression on our players-many of whom haven't really had a chance to see a well played RK in action.

Breagath has been a wonderful new kinnie, a great and helpful experienced player is always welcome.

We have folks just out of the intro up to endgame, and there are only three rules for Rangers:

Rule 1: This game is supposed to be fun. There are lots of different ways to have fun in this game.

Rule 2: Treat your fellow players with respect. That's not a toon you're playing with, it's a person.

Rule 3: See Rules 1 and 2.
    If that sounds like a reasonable ask, we'd love to have you join us. I think it's a very fun and social group, even if I might have a slight bias. Come bring one of your guys over for a trial run with us if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    Ah, yes, Waril-I remember you.

You made quite an impression on our players-many of whom haven't really had a chance to see a well played RK in action.

Breagath has been a wonderful new kinnie, a great and helpful experienced player is always welcome.

We have folks just out of the intro up to endgame, and there are only three rules for Rangers:

If that sounds like a reasonable ask, we'd love to have you join us. I think it's a very fun and social group, even if I might have a slight bias. Come bring one of your guys over for a trial run with us if you'd like.
    Well I wouldn't call him well played, he's been collecting dust for some a few months. I do try though.

I couldn't have asked for a better rule set, its set to my play style perfectly.

I'll try to catch you or an officer on later tonight for an invite.

Ethellaf(hnt), Aldash(mini), Balcome(champ), Gundred(grd), Larsia(ward), Ordden(capt), Othkyn(beor), Talphor(burg), Waril(rk), Wilhame(lm) along with many many Vault Alts.

How many people do you have on at 8PM server time on a Monday?
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

As of 8:10 this evening there are 15 people from our kin online.

I sent you a forum PM with further inquiries
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    I sent you a forum PM with further inquiries
    Did you not receive my response? It does show in my sent folder-maybe more beta forum fun.

I should be on this evening, so if you didn't get my pm, feel free to contact me in game and I'll try to answer any additional questions you might have.

Update to mention that Rangers of the West is still recruiting new members, though I don't think we are a small kinship anymore.

My thanks to all the new kinnies who have joined in the last couple of months-we just passed 400 members on the roster (numbers of which are alts, of course) and continue to enjoy grouping in instances and social events. Our kinchat continues to be both lively, and occasionally odd.

We're also looking to expand roleplaying aspects of the kin, so if you're RP experienced or RP curious, come check out the kin.

Special thanks to those who've stepped up to the plate as officers for Rangers. You guys have been awesome to work with.

To find out more about our kinship, check us out at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com, or contact any officer in game.
    Last edited by Bel-Astarte; Mar 05 2012 at 01:03 AM.

OP updated with our revised application process. If you're interested in joining Rangers of the West, please go to rangerswest.guildlaunch.com and fill out an application. We'll take it from there.

Figured I'd jump in and give this a bump. Rangers is still recruiting all classes, levels, etc, etc, etc. If your interested in a socially based kin, where the good times roll, go to rangerswest.guildlaunch.com and fill out the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Famtorg View Post
    Figured I'd jump in and give this a bump. Rangers is still recruiting all classes, levels, etc, etc, etc. If your interested in a socially based kin, where the good times roll, go to rangerswest.guildlaunch.com and fill out the application.
    Just like to give a recent recruits perspective. I've been with the Rangers for 2 months now and am having a great time. There are members of every level and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Just in the last 2 months the guild has had a night of games with a maze run and several games of freeze tag, a sparring tournament, a foot race and an open house event hosted by one of our members (I know I'm forgetting something else as well). We have also had a couple of MP nights and skirms and raids are always happening!

Whether you love to craft or just explore the world with friends, The Rangers of the West are a great bunch to do it with!

Quote Originally Posted by Famtorg View Post
    I need to also mention. If you put in the application on the website and haven't heard from an officer within 24 hours, send me tell or mail in game. Mail will probably work better since my play times vary. I'm trying to get in touch with those who have applied and haven't already spoken with someone, but I may miss a few.

Rangers of the West is still recruiting on the Gladden server. Players of any experience level are welcome.

We do grouping in the landscape questions, help each other level or gear up, and have an aweseome time in kinchat or at our socially focused events.

There are only three rules for Rangers:

Rule 1: This game is supposed to be fun. There are lots of different ways to have fun in this game.

Rule 2: Treat your fellow players with respect. That's not a toon you're playing with, it's a person.

Rule 3: See Rules 1 and 2.
    Though endgame raiding is not yet a regular feature of our activities, we do have an increasing number of kinnies hitting level cap, and so forays into the moors and runs for endgame gear are in our future plans.

Please ck out our website at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com, or contact an officer in game if you'd like to learn more.

i would like a little kinfo obout yall if someone doesnt mind. i looked at your sit but had trouble gettin registered so if someone can send me tell please i would like some info. thanks
    Warisi(Champ).......Rangers of the West
    Philladeas(WL), GrumpyCat(Warg)...Soldiers Of The White Hand
    DocPhil(Defiler), HardCharger(Reaver).....Shadow of the West
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

Planning to roll a Warden on Gladden and this kinship suits my RP settings, are you still recruiting?

I joined this kin about a month or two ago and I have to say I am really enjoying it. We have a lot of younger level players and a fair amount of level 75s and most people are interested in group content/instances if we can get a group together. A few of us 75s have joined some raids and as more of us reach 75 we will probably have a bit more of a focus on it. Most everyone is willing to help out each other whether it be crafting, helping out w/ quests or just chatting and having a good time. There is usually a large amount of people on at a time, though it depends on time of day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000164a87/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast