We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    At first I had the Dwarven Champ. It was great fun to kill the evil-doers in the dozens and I still love to do that from time to time. Then there was the Elven Rune-Keeper because hurling fire&ice&lightning was a lot of fun but then something different happend: a Hobbit Burglar. What I always disliked while leveling was that I was disturbed my mobs during sight-seeing (Gollum's cave, Forochel's icy wastes) but while sneaking about, that became a non-factor. I also love the Burglar because he's a bit of a megalomaniac, thinks he's unbeatable in duels and in fights with tough landscape mobs and because I can make a lot of cash from pickpocketing. Did I mention he's cute? knifey-knifey - sticky-sticky! Thanks Bilbo!

Unstoppable

While burglars are not straight DPS and are definitely not tanks, they are unstoppable! While solo, they are able to take a hit pop out of combat, sneak around and jump back in with devastating results. while lvling up I was able to solo quests with ease ones that took 2 and 3 tries with other classes.

And in fellowships? CJs baby! They ability to bring a fellowship on the verge of failure back to life? cmon kids! That is some sweet stuff!

I haven't played for a long time so I don't know if this has been fixed (and if it has the Burg is the PERFECT class) but my one gripe (and I feel it is a legit one) is the burglar's inability to any kind of ranged attack or sprint/jump to a target. Would it really be that hard to have throwing knives along with those bags of marbles?

even with this flaw it is simply the most fun you can pack into a 3 ft tall bundle of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post

I haven't played for a long time so I don't know if this has been fixed (and if it has the Burg is the PERFECT class) but my one gripe (and I feel it is a legit one) is the burglar's inability to any kind of ranged attack or sprint/jump to a target. Would it really be that hard to have throwing knives along with those bags of marbles?
    Burgs have thrown weapons. My champ mastersmith make them for my burg.

The best about burgs is that you dont have to fight monster you dont wanna - you just walk right by them in stealth.

For me it's the utility of the burglar that makes the class such fun to play. We have a diverse set of skills that take some thought to use together, whether you're planning up front using stealth to take out the boss, or reacting to the changing situation in a fight to (for example) get a mob off the healer.

All the classes are fun in their own way, but I don't think any equal the burglar for utility and diversity of options.

And of course who doesn't like pick-pocketing trolls?

I stopped buying/using Throwing Daggers/Hatchets a long time ago. It's like throwing money to the enemy. It's so damn expensive, has long cooldown, and has underwhelming effects. Same goes for Caltrops, Stundusts, and Marbles.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001f2838/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sneaking past pain in the butt mobs, stealing their stuff and looking awesome while doing it!

I started a burg because I wanted to make a hobbit toon but style him as a creepy old drunk hobbit. so one that stole people's stuff fit that story pretty well XD

Eithers whichs ways, best decision ever. Burglars are a really fantastic class and I have the most fun playing him out of all of my toons. All of the stances are really tight and serve a real purpose in a group but still are viable solo. totally rocking.
    85 Cappy - 85 Burg - 85 Champ - 85 Hunter - 85 Warden - 0 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Finlos View Post
    Because Bilbo Baggins, the Greatest Burg of all time !
    Bilbo was not a Burglar ...Gandalf lied to the dwarfs about that. Just to get him in to the quest for the Dragon. Bilbo had never stole a thing but Gandalf want him in for the stealth.
    Last edited by moceletxir; Mar 18 2021 at 06:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2