We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    I have read, and re-read the entire Q&A a couple times. I don't see much that's coming up soon-ish that hasn't been commented on here. Maybe housing stuff? I can't wait til tomorrow to find out!
    There's the 'Moria Revamp is finished' remark, that I commented on upthread asking about why call it that when the instances weren't scaled. Perhaps they are DONE being scaled and you just haven't said so yet?

You've really got me wondering here..

Q5 is too nebelous to count.

Q6- There may be some other mid-level content revamp in the work apart from in their absence.?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Already planning for future chats. A few members of the team asked for more like today. So it's definitely on my 'to do' list once Holiday vacations are wrapped up.
    Awesome! I'll re-emphasize a desire to see targeted chats though. And/or Google hangouts - that would be very cool!

Enjoy your holidays.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 130 Captain
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

I wanted more of the "meat" questions answered. Here's what I asked (and it didn't get answered):

@lotro Are you going to fix the DX10/DX11 UI and Client Slowdown Problems? Are you even aware of them? #LOTRO #DevChat

Hopefully we'll here more SOLID information on Q17 tomorrow.
    Q17:@Kheledlire Can we see something very awesome new feature in 2013?Character updates, better mounted combat or a very new feature? #LOTRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I wanted more of the "meat" questions answered. Here's what I asked (and it didn't get answered):
    @lotro Are you going to fix the DX10/DX11 UI and Client Slowdown Problems? Are you even aware of them? #LOTRO #DevChat
    I'd like them to handle the DX9 client slowdowns first. There's lots of general optimization to be done.

Wow. We give you guys insight into a massive piece of information and not one person comments? Hmmm...
    Q5 and Q17 don't count for that, it's only telling there is information, not what it is ...

I think it is about MC content, so far I've always believed the next region was going to be the rest of Fangorn.
    Q21: @DaveFortin are there plans to allow mounted combat in future regions?
    A21: LS- Yes. We already have MC content in development. It's in the next region.
    The strange thing is, MC doesn't go that well with Fangorn. Is the rest of Rohan opening up first?
    Dobric 100 guardian Dobs 101 burglar Dorblin 64 runekeeper Dobli 37 minstrel Dimbli 20 champion Dobriel 20 loremaster Dabeldor 23 captain Dobegar 21 hunter Dobebrand 21 warden Dobeorn 23 beorning | Moved from Snowbourn and Gilrain to Laurelin

It'll be interesting to see how they make the Instance Finder more appealing to players.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

I believe Sapience is hinting at the forced emote solutions being tested as we speak, including the "serious business" areas where they will be disabled.

Edit: I am glad to read that housing is being looked at and worked on.
    Last edited by Khorgrim; Dec 20 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbelB_EU View Post
    Q5 and Q17 don't count for that, it's only telling there is information, not what it is ...

I think it is about MC content, so far I've always believed the next region was going to be the rest of Fangorn.

The strange thing is, MC doesn't go that well with Fangorn. Is the rest of Rohan opening up first?
    The lorebook, the post by the Kahad Guard and their response to Q12, already suggest the landmass opening 'next', and that it will have mounted combat (Q21)

Quote Originally Posted by Khorgrim View Post
    I believe Sapience is hinting at the forced emote solutions being tested as we speak, including the "serious business" areas where they will be disabled.
    That would be unlikely, as it was #3 on my list of 'somewhat newsworthy mentions'

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Not every question will be answered. That should always be a given.

Also, we answer that question routinely (and questions about lag, performance, etc) here in the forums. The answer doesn't change. We always work on addressing those issues and we take performance related issues seriously. What players do not like to hear however, is that sometimes it's not entirely on our side. There's a lot that can impact performance. Yes, client and server issues are among them, but so are many other things outside of our control (and some even outside players control).

Wow. We give you guys insight into a massive piece of information and not one person comments? Hmmm...
    hmm... housing consolidation and improvements?

fixes for forced emotes?

or that the chat took place in the Mirkwood conference room.. perhaps this is a subtle hint at the next landmass - although it's mentioned in a previous answer that mounted combat will also be in the next region which wouldn't work so well in a forest.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

snip
    And no doubt someone will interpret that as 'blaming the players'. Again.

My money is on what Crell said about the Moria revamp BTW. That's pretty massive considering we just had a bunch of instances scaled, and it was mentioned more than once. Will find out soon either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    And no doubt someone will interpret that as 'blaming the players'. Again.

My money is on what Crell said about the Moria revamp BTW. That's pretty massive considering we just had a bunch of instances scaled, and it was mentioned more than once. Will find out soon either way.
    As much as I'd like to hear that speculation is accurate, it seems unlikely to fit the criteria. After all, we aren't expected to infer anything from silence except that they didnt respond to us.

You'd better believe I tweeted my first Moria Revamp being called 'done' despite the instances comment during the QnA. (As some of my questions were answered live, it seems unlikely they'd have missed the remark.)

Housing? Consolodting neighborhoods???

If that's not what you meant, it should be!!!!

No more Ghost Neighborhoods!!!! That would be teh awesome.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Not every question will be answered. That should always be a given.
    Of course, that is to be expected. But it's hardly worth skipping questions like that for questions with answers that are already out there or fluff questions that take up a slot for something more useful to the community.

Also, we answer that question routinely (and questions about lag, performance, etc) here in the forums. The answer doesn't change. We always work on addressing those issues and we take performance related issues seriously.
    Hm.. nope. Haven't seen anything lately from you guys on that. One would expect things like this to be mentioned in patch notes or beta tests (Example: "Hey guys, we made a change trying to fix this particular graphics lag problem. Test it out and let us know if it fixed it or if it causes other problems!"), etc.

What we're looking for is some sort of acknowledgment like "Yes, there is a UI/graphics lag problem after playing for a certain amount of time/going in and out of instances. Yes, we're aware of it. Yes, we're working on it actively to try and fix it." So far I haven't seen that from a Turbine employee.

What players do not like to hear however, is that sometimes it's not entirely on our side. There's a lot that can impact performance. Yes, client and server issues are among them, but so are many other things outside of our control (and some even outside players control).
    No, we don't like to hear that particular comment when there's a problem with the game that we know is not caused by something on our side. Remember, we spend a lot of time and money playing this game. Many, many hours playing it. Some of us also have spent many, many hours in beta. We know what our machines are capable of and when problems arise with client and video issues. We know approximately when issues change from one status to another. When something works at some point and then a new update changes that... it's hardly a problem with our systems. Holding firm to your stance above does you no favors in garnering community confidence.

All we ask is for more open communication about acknowledging and fixing problems that exist and do affect people. It's easy to test, all you have to do is play your own game like some of us do. Heck, if you'd like a guide through it all I'd be happy to guide you through playing your own game so you can experience what we experience.

Nope. Right in front of you, even emphasized, and not one person commented.

Guess you'll have to wait until Aaron's producer's letter tomorrow for more insight.
    Two guesses if I may ...

A housing revamp?
    A mounted combat instance?

Transcript:

(Start at the bottom)
    Random fact about today's Dev Chat. We were all in the Mirkwood conference room. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A25: RH - No beans!

Q25: @WARSTEEDS you seriously dropped the ball by not answering: Chili- beans or no beans?

That wraps it up! Thanks for all the great questions! Hope we answered some of your top ones! #LOTRO

A24d: JWB-It was a very hard decision.We'd prefer to release it as a whole.But it's more important to have quality gameplay. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A24c:It also allows us to work on more long-term improvements that need to simmer at the same time. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A24b:Cramming them all into one release can seriously bring the overall quality level down. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A24: MZ - This balanced approach allows us to focus more on individual spaces. Speed is often the enemy of quality… #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q24: WhitewolfUK-What were your thoughts on releasing the Rohan cluster into two separate releases. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A23: JWB - Draigoch drops an animated fireplace.

Q23: @Icekiro_RK Hey, My house is really cold. Any way to use some dragon fire to heat it up?!?

A23: LS- Now that Moria is finished, we have our eye on lower levels, but no solid plans.

Q23: @Drewoid13 Are there any plans to revamp questing in the 40s?

A22b MF - In the meantime we're also putting in "serious business' locales, where those emotes won't work.

A22: MZ- Plans? We're done with plans.We're testing a solution right now.

Q22: @RannaDylin @Floradine_S: What are your plans to protect RPers from forced emotes?

A21: LS- Yes. We already have MC content in development. It's in the next region.

Q21: @DaveFortin are there plans to allow mounted combat in future regions? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A20: JWB- We're looking into it. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q20: @scorp_71 Instance Finder was a perfect idea but never adopted by players.Do you plan to review it for Help solo players to group.

A19: JWB - Variety is the spice of life! Yes. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q19: @arch07js Plans to expand Hytbold type of non-killkillkill questing to additional areas of the game? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A18: JWB-There's a lot of design and work going on internally to figure out how to meld MC and instance gameplay in a satisfying way. #LOTRO

Q18:Sorig09-Will there be mounted combat instances in the future? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A17: MZ- YES!

Q17:@Kheledlire Can we see something very awesome new feature in 2013?Character updates, better mounted combat or a very new feature? #LOTRO

A16: JWB - DONE! Go play!

Q16: @BloodSpeaker How far down the chain is a Helegrod scaling?

A15d: RH- Matt Z has been holding out on me...

A15c: MZ- Brew beer. Make Cheese. Craft beards.

A15b: LS- I work for fun. Don't help Matt.

A15: MF - I play lots and lots of games. I have very little time, I live here. Help me.

Q15: @EiledonTruvoice What do you do for fun? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A14: RH - We just revamped http://t.co/uvq69L9G and the forums are currently in the web team's sights. No ETA. (Soon(tm)!)

Q14: Bohrn_EU-When are you going to fix the forums?

A13b MZ- Well in that case....

A13: RH - HEY! I'm a hunter!

Q13: @dillwillson is there any way you can delete hunters so we dont have to hear them cry anymore?

Q12: LS- The next region is in the update after part II of the instance cluster. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q12:@rwfrk In a recent interview with Lotro Reporter you acknoweledged video of a landmass. Can you tell us about region timeable? U10?

A11:Working out the details of that stuff now.All I can say is that we have a lot of devs interested in doing some serious home improvement.

A11: MZ-Hoo-ee…need to set the stage by getting neighborhoods consolidated with less vacant housing first. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q11: Econn-When will we see some work done for housing? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q10b: Or learn to code and how to work well with others. :P)

Q10: PLay lots of games. All games. Look for Entry level positions and work HARD.

Q10: @Lord_Dolvic What advice would you give to someone interested in starting a career in game development? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A9: MZ- We're doing a comprehensive investigation into ALL classes. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q9: @Strause64 -Hunter class are they getting anything new in future updates or game play? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A8: MF- We've been discussing older game areas and how we can bring them up to Rohan quality.

Q8:@Frickinidget-Great work on Bree/Archet appearance! Any plans for other older game areas? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A7: JWB -They're on the list. There's a lot of nostalgia and love for those spaces, so we're taking our time and treading very carefully.

Q7:Lathius-Are we going to scale Rift/CD anytime in the near future? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A6: LS- We're working on improving mid=level content such as the moria revamp.

Q6: @DWLobsters Level cap increases makes me feel like the endgame is increasingly less attainable. Why not add new content midgame?

A5: LS-Yes, yes I do! #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q5:Schinderhannes-Do you have any ideas/plans for Lotro nobody but you knows about and you think this would be great? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A4: Just the instances. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q4: Do you have any plans to make a new zone for Dale and Erebor or is it just going to be the Instaces?

A3b: We think BG is doable in a night. OD will be multiple instances. #devchat

A3: JWB-Raid locks don't really work well with scaled instances.

Q3: @rwfrk JWB: Why did you remove raid locks from BG? Any plans to let us do the raid over multiple nights again? #LOTRO

A2: MZ-I just stood over the shoulder of someone working on these this morning. We’re hoping for u10 and u11.#LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q2:MRWarg-When will you make new creep appearances available in the store? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A1b:Specifically, we’re looking into ways to make the classes have more of a distinct impact in future updates.#LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A1:MZ -MC has been very well received so far. We’re already incorporating feedback into the system…#LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Q1:WhitewolfUK-How do you feel mounted combat has been received? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Let's get started! #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Senior Content designer Joe “JWBarry” Barry, LOTRO Community Manager Rick “Sapience” Heaton #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

World Designer Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey,Senior Content Designer Lauren “Budgeford” Salk,(cntd) #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Today we have Senior Producer Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, Lead Systems Designer Matt “HoarseDev” Zimmitti,(cntd) #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Please keep your questions brief and as close to 1 tweet as possible! #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

We'll RT your question, and then the answer. Answers will include the initials for the person responding (RH,AC,MZ, etc) #LOTRO #devchat

Hi all! Welcome to our first twitter dev chat! Make sure you use the following tags when you ask questions.#LOTRO #DEVCHAT

Getting set up! #lotro http://t.co/xGhEZQtp
    Transcript made with http://twdocs.com/

This was not the exact answer I was looking for (A5)

A15: MF - I play lots and lots of games. I have very little time, I live here. Help me.
    made me laugh

Who are the 2 in front of the picture? http://t.co/xGhEZQtp

General DevChat question:
    Why not make a poll and let the community decide which questions are asked?
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Dec 20 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Q3: @rwfrk JWB: Why did you remove raid locks from BG? Any plans to let us do the raid over multiple nights
    again? #LOTRO
    A3: JWB-Raid locks don't really work well with scaled instances.
    A3b: We think BG is doable in a night. OD will be multiple instances. #devchat
    Please, if raid locks do not work well with scaled instances then do not scale Rift or CD until you can make them work. It would be a travesty to see the Rift and CD split up into wings.
    Council Of The West On Evernight

Runesi

Already planning for future chats. A few members of the team asked for more like today. So it's definitely on my 'to do' list once Holiday vacations are wrapped up.
    I have been asking for more communication with devs from months and (i need to admit it) was a pain always with that. But i gotta give you this: nice job. More chats and info from the team = more happy customers. (And thanks, you know )

Now, however, i need to focus into something that another player posted here: focused chats. The OD scaled confirmation has been nice, Housing improvements has been also nice to hear, and even the new landmass is a good piece of information. But at some point of that chat it turned into not new information, some of that questions like the one about Helegrod scalated could be skipped since Helegrod is scalated. At the end of the chat you could just remember to the players to search in the forums if the non-answered questions were already answered by someone.

Anyway, nice job with this initiative (Pretty sure this is not the translation of that word...) of doing dev chats. Now i can continue with my initial answer: will kinship systems be revamped someday? (hahaha, sorry, keep asking for information it's installed in my cerebral core)
    Once, i was the first player in Riddermark with Ivar's Champion title 24/24.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nalStrats.html

Why oh why did the numpty asking about Helegrod scaling get his question at the expense of other peoples more worthy question. Really! why was this question even given the time of day? Next time I will try to ask some rubbish questions as the stupidity of a question may well be proportional to the chance of it getting selected.

My zingers for next time:

1) When are you going to introduce mounted combat to the game?

2) Moria is too dark and hard, when will it be made easier?

3) Do the devs like cheese?

Nope. Right in front of you, even emphasized, and not one person commented.

Guess you'll have to wait until Aaron's producer's letter tomorrow for more insight.
    Clearly it's the answer about something new and awesome we don't know about yet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It's awesome that you guys are letting the devs take questions directly, that's the kind of community feedback everyone likes. However, I tried to go look at the twitter site and found it complely impossible to follow any of the conversations, desipte several efforts. It was such a hassle.

Perhaps you guys could use Reddit's AMA or some other tool that makes it eaiser to follow the flow and whats going on.
    [SIZE=1]Ilwyn -[I] 85 Runekeeper - Firefoot [/I]

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Why oh why did the numpty asking about Helegrod scaling get his question at the expense of other peoples more worthy question. Really! why was this question even given the time of day? Next time I will try to ask some rubbish questions as the stupidity of a question may well be proportional to the chance of it getting selected.

My zingers for next time:

1) When are you going to introduce mounted combat to the game?

2) Moria is too dark and hard, when will it be made easier?

3) Do the devs like cheese?
    1. When eagles fly.
    2. With the Moria Revamp Revamp.
    3. Who do you think added Barrow-Brie?

In Update 9 beta, we saw a new region South of Great River and West of the Wold. That was a very cool snowy zone with lot of trees and a long road. I think Northern Fangorn and this "little" zone coming with u11. A broken bridge added to Great River zone (npces working here on bridge).
    Here is a vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-lI1yeWtQ

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast