We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Wow. We give you guys insight into a massive piece of information and not one person comments? Hmmm...
    Insight isn't the same as concrete details. Just because something is being discussed/planned/looked into/designed/developed doesn't mean it will really ever see the light of day, or that we'll be able to afford it when it does.

Happy to hear that housing and FEs are being thought about. Not happy to hear that kinship revamp didn't get a mention and that the forum mess doesn't have an eta. Rest is neutral. But I like that you are communicating with players (even if it is on twitter--yuck), and I wish you all the happiest of holidays.

Wow. We give you guys insight into a massive piece of information and not one person comments? Hmmm...
    Comments? I have loads of those. But I don't tweet, twit, face, or instagram. So first I've read of your event. Sorry to disappoint.

Santa will find you anyway I'm sure.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

It's cool that you all took the time to do this, and I'm glad that you answered some questions regarding issues that keep popping up on the forums.

However, to paraphrase an above poster, perhaps in future chats you could not bother with the 'numpty' questions about things that happened two years ago. If you need a time filler, choose one of the empty questions about food or something - people seem to be impressed that the developers are also people.

Overall, though - good Q&A.

I read this chat multiple times and I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you referenced some new exciting thing in your own office argot, but to me it all sounded like boilerplate.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 105 Captain, Nunion 110 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

So, I dunno what massive bit of info Sapience is alluding to, but I have some reactions to the twitter-chat (thanks to CSTM for compiling the questions and answers!!)

Very happy to see this bit:

What are your plans to protect RPers from forced emotes?
    Matt “HorseDev” Zimmitti- Plans? We’re done with plans.We’re testing a solution right now.
    Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey – In the meantime we’re also putting in "serious business’ locales, where those emotes won’t work

Can we see something very awesome new feature in 2013? Character updates, better mounted combat or a very new feature?
    Matt “HorseDev” Zimmitti- YES!

So, does this answer mean that all three things are in line for 2013??

Diamond of Gladden & Landroval.
    Director of Eriador Music Society of Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    Just because something is being discussed/planned/looked into/designed/developed doesn't mean it will really ever see the light of day, or that we'll be able to afford it when it does.
    ROFL Tuiliel that last part of the sentence made me laugh so hard I spilled my tea! War-steed customization déjà-vû.
    + rep to you.
    C O S M E T I C * L O T R O

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

There is some nice info in there, so thank you very much. I follow the argument that it is better to release instances later, but with good quality.
    BUT.
    Remember Evendim? There were fantastic 6-man-instances, three of them, they were perfect. They were announced and they came out. And you know what?
    They were FREE! FREE content update of marvelous quality.

Has the quality of the devs changed? Are there new, lesser skilled devs? Why do we pay a tremendous amount of money for a few 3-man-instances 2 months late and maybe more to come?
    I just don't understand this. I think its the right thing to do to push things into the future when they don't work.
    But why do they not work?
    Did nobody skilled enough work on them? Did you do something else instead? Are levelcap-instances not the crown jewels of a game and should be taken more serious than everything else?

A few years ago, have the Evendim-Instances been there already completely finished in the pipeline and could just be put online like that or why did we get huge and perfect content like that for free then?

And I must join with those to scream out loud: NO RIFT SCALING WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF ID's! PLEEEEASE!

What players do not like to hear however, is that sometimes it's not entirely on our side. There's a lot that can impact performance. Yes, client and server issues are among them, but so are many other things outside of our control (and some even outside players control).
    We should really have terminology for different kinds of lag though. I think you desire to lump all the different lag types together so you can say there are many outside the players control.

I get that you will get reports of lag when it is very obviously the players sub-par computer or connection. This is rather easy to diagnose, at least generally speaking because it only happens to one person at a given moment in time.

WHAT REALLY HONKS US OFF THOUGH is when you try and tell us that we're too stupid to know this difference between that and when an entire group of people are being affected by lag at the exact same time and as you so often have done in the past, try and misrepresent our reports of server or client lag as player-side lag.

Other than some minor hitching issues, you guys have done a real nice job of correcting your lag issues that sprung up with U6 - everywhere except the moors. Most of the reports on the forums you will see of "universal" lag comes from pvp'ers now. Its very obviously server side or client side now out there. It needs to be fixed, and it sure would be nice to hear from you or someone else at turbine that this lag is being looked at without having to go through the usual excuses and deflections.

In Germany we call this "Salamitaktik"

Edit: No offence.
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Dec 21 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Respectfully. After having read the letter, I found it a huge letdown. The only thing in the producers letter we really didn't talk about was the 'class updates'. You're always doing class updates, I don't see how this qualifies as a 'massive piece of information'. It does fulfill the second part of your statement, that there was no comment. By any chance was the content you were referring to edited out of the final draft before publication?

Https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...king-back-2012

It is good to see that "Rebalanced loot drops for skirmishes and scaling instances. " is on the agenda. Presumably when you convert the Helegrod and other instances to the remote-loot tech it'll be somewhat more relevent to run them at 85 when compared to BGs overly generous itemization.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Dec 21 2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    In Update 9 beta, we saw a new region South of Great River and West of the Wold. That was a very cool snowy zone with lot of trees and a long road. I think Northern Fangorn and this "little" zone coming with u11. A broken bridge added to Great River zone (npces working here on bridge).
    Here is a vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-lI1yeWtQ
    I hope I'm reading to much into what I've seen but if Turbine intends to continue with a cycle that includes an expansion every year and if this is the zone were getting later in the year it seems to me like the Westemnet is going to be part of an expansion rather then an update. again, I hope I'm reading too much into the tidbits I've seen.
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by lf2536 View Post
    I hope I'm reading to much into what I've seen but if Turbine intends to continue with a cycle that includes an expansion every year and if this is the zone were getting later in the year it seems to me like the Westemnet is going to be part of an expansion rather then an update. again, I hope I'm reading too much into the tidbits I've seen.
    They have already talked about westenment as an expansion. See the end of the interview here: http://mmoreporter.com/2012/12/15/lo...ate-9-preview/

I can't seem to find the transcripted portion at the moment. Maybe someone else will chime in with that link.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    They have already talked about westenment as an expansion. See the end of the interview here: http://mmoreporter.com/2012/12/15/lo...ate-9-preview/

I can't seem to find the transcripted portion at the moment. Maybe someone else will chime in with that link.
    well, I'm going to remain hopeful, but I will not be spending money on a Westemnet expac, I paid for Riders of Rohan, not Riders of Eastern Rohan.
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

Nope. Right in front of you, even emphasized, and not one person commented.

Guess you'll have to wait until Aaron's producer's letter tomorrow for more insight.
    Just read the producer's letter. It barely says anything.

Wink Ah, the "illusive" talk of Devs.....

..."OD will be multiple instances."

Don't meant to sound rude, but is that multiple instances like Helegrod? (nonononononononono NO!) :C
    .........or is it the inclusion of multiple locks?
    I know it is hard for a person to do several wings of both Orthanc and Dunhoth at a time, but ...... to be really honest, the mutli-lock system that is already in place isn't that different to splitting them up. Except of course, where they are "locked" from doing it again. If only there was a "reset me now" button in the middle of orthanc for players to clean locks and repeat wings ...... just an idea hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    ..."OD will be multiple instances."

Don't meant to sound rude, but is that multiple instances like Helegrod? (nonononononononono NO!) :C
    .........or is it the inclusion of multiple locks?
    I know it is hard for a person to do several wings of both Orthanc and Dunhoth at a time, but ...... to be really honest, the mutli-lock system that is already in place isn't that different to splitting them up. Except of course, where they are "locked" from doing it again. If only there was a "reset me now" button in the middle of orthanc for players to clean locks and repeat wings ...... just an idea hmmm
    Wound Wing farming incoming in 3... 2...

That the forums may actually work, someday?

About time housing gets worked on after all the dodgeing by the community team.

Kinship update?
    class trait sets?

Housing update is great news.

I will form an opinion about housing when I know what it will cost.

Angry Goodbye, and good riddance.

I just uninstalled the game after two weeks, coming back after two years. I can see that the technical support department has not improved, and neither have the vast majority of the bugs. When I can load my alt, but not my main, and tech support won't help, then that's a problem. Peace out, douchebags.

Ahm, December 17? December 20 is Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Ahm, December 17? December 20 is Sunday.
    This thread is from the chat that was held in Decemeber 2012. January 20th is this coming Sunday. No idea if this was restickied for odd reasons, though.
    ~ if you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'please', then I'll say 'no' because it is shorter than 'yes' ~

Ah..yes.. December

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast