We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Exclamation Transcript: LOTRO Developer Twitter Chat - Thursday January 24

HI everyone! Welcome to our Twitter #devchat! We know you’ve got a lot of questions and we have a lot of answers. #LOTRO

When you send a question, make sure you use #LOTRO and #DEVCHAT so we don’t miss it.

Answers will include the #LOTRO tag, but not the #DEVCHAT tag so we don’t miss questions sent to us.

If you want a list of devs present and what they do, check our post on the forum.
    (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...3-00PM-Eastern )

One note, we’ll be as open as possible with our answers, but please be aware that development priorities are prone to shifting. #LOTRO
    Our answers reflect our current plans and expectations, but are subject to change. #LOTRO

So let’s get to it. #LOTRO

Q1 Moonwalkintomordor Basically, any Update 10 info you can spare please. #LOTRO
    A1 HoarseDev – We are removing Dread from defeat on landscape. #LOTRO
    A1 RockX – In U10, Fate’s potency is increasing. Power pools are being standardized. #LOTRO
    A1 RockX -Both the new instances/raids and existing Scaling Instances are receiving new loot. #LOTRO
    A1 RockX -New Armour Sets are coming in, along with 1 st Age LIs. #LOTRO
    A1 RockX - Wardens are being switched to use Agility as their main stat (there will be a grace period to allow you to get gear). #LOTRO

Q2 @Faulklls - Any news of when you are going to release the 2nd part of the instance cluster?
    A2 Sapience Update 10.

Q3 @ForgotmyGambits – Can we please get an ETA for Update 10?
    A3 Rowan - It will be on Bullroarer next week!

Q4 MrWarg - When are the class updates planned to happen? #LOTRO
    A4 HoarseDev - We are laying the groundwork now (and there’s lots of it). Later this year, we’ll see the big changes. #LOTRO

Q5 Chris91 - Will class updates also bring updates to creep classes? ? #LOTRO
    A5 HoarseDev - We need to see if the freep changes entirely explode in a fiery train wreck first. #LOTRO

Q6 AlmericITA - My Kinship doesn't show up in Mylotro, will be any fixing for us? #LOTRO
    A6 Sapience - We’re aware that some kinships have this problem. We’re actually looking into some major changes to the community sites for this year. #LOTRO

Q7 Joene - Will housing get a much deserved revamp? #LOTRO
    A7HoarseDev – This is also on the docket for later this year. We’re testing out some ideas now and we’ll see what shakes out. #LOTRO

Q8 Harmat - Can we please have some competitions for the community to design cosmetics for our charaters and warsteeds? #LOTRO
    A8 Aubergine - We would love to! We are working with the various parties needed to set something like this up. #LOTRO

Q9 Brya - With the DG & ITA clusters both getting scaled, are you planning to regularly scale more old content in future updates? #LOTRO
    A9 Eldorudo - We're always looking to go back and give old content new love and you can look forward to seeing more of this in the future. #LOTRO

Q10 What about server transfers? Any news on making it easier? #LOTRO
    A10 Sapience I spoke to Customer service about this and they recognize it as a gap in our service offerings. #LOTRO
    A10 They’re currently investigating ways to make it as easy as a name change. No details, but it’s being looked at. #LOTRO

Q11 Zalladi - Will Galuhad's Kinship proposal ever be considered? #LOTRO
    A11 HoarseDev – That’s a tall order (and a great proposal). Kins need a lot of work. Presently, that work sits behind the class work and housing. #LOTRO
    A11 HoarseDev – After we bang those things out, if I’m not summarily executed, I would like to get Kins to where they ought to be. #LOTRO

Q12 Herongol - what are your plans to improve server stability and preventlag-spikes? #LOTRO
    A12 Sapience- Performance tuning is an ongoing process. It’s something we work on with every patch and update. It’s a difficult problem with no simple solutions. #LOTRO

Q13 Aelonaith - Will we have our faction rep mounts appearance for use as warsteed cosmetics? #LOTRO
    A13 Aubergine - At this time, there is no plan to re-visit rep mounts as war-steed cosmetics. #LOTRO

Q14 Disident - Are there any plans to update the character models and animations #lotro
    A 14 Sapience, I spoke with our Art director, here’s what he said… #LOTRO
    A14 Tinkering with avatars can be risky. Players become very attached to the ‘look and feel’ of their character. #LOTRO
    A14 It’s very personal. That said, we are discussing the best way to make upgrades and changes. #LOTRO
    A14 We’ll be very interested in player feedback and suggestions as to how to go about making such dramatic changes. #LOTRO
    A14 But yes, it’s something we’re currently investigating. #LOTRO

Q15 Aardnebby - Any idea when the destiny point perks replacement we were promised will be implemented?
    A15 HoarseDev – This hasn’t been forgotten. We’re trying to get these back in a good integrated spot rather than slapping them back in somewhere clunky.

Q16 Nindolvoth - Are the beard shaving and beardless legolas sapience community update videos still in the works? #LOTRO
    A16 Sapience – Yes! At least the Legolas beardless one. Turns out making the shaving one was more challenging than I expected. #LOTRO

Q17 @RJferret - What's the reasoning of effectively removing player interrupt skills from the game?
    A17 RockX we standardized the times to make it more of a mechanic to react to an event, instead of just allowing constant spam. Now it requires an active decision.

Q18 @bhoristhespider Will Update 10 include a new epic book?
    A18 Eldorudo – Update 10 will not include a new epic book, but there is a super sized epic being worked on for Update 11!

Q19 @lotrofollower - What can we expect for loot in older scaling instances in the future?
    A19 RockX Older scaling instances can expect to see their loot revamped.
    A19 with the oportunity to get rare through legendary gear.

Q20 @blackpuddings How about seasonal changes in the homesteads?
    A20 AngryKoala It's something we'd like to do in both homesteads and major towns, but we'll have to see.

Q21 @cithryth - Are there new mounted combat thigns on the horizon?
    A21 Eldorudo We're looking at some exciting things for the new region. We have some tricks up our sleves.

Q22 @blitzfactor - Will we ever get an option to change race?
    A22 HoarseDev - We don't have any plans to add this.

Q23 @Ehefkae - I just want to tell Rockx that I take back everything I said about the captain shield. I'm in love with my new shiny.
    A23 RockX - Awwwwwww.
    A23 Sapience Really? Awwww?
    A23 Hoarsedev Nerf it!

Q24 @ME_lundberg Will we be able to buy more wardrobe space anytime soon?
    A24 Aubergine It's something we're looking into. There are technical issues around storage and inventory.

Q25 @earthmeaser would you guys made the Ost Dunnoth gear medallions/marks purchasable??
    A25 RockX Yes. It's already in the works.

Q26 @DaniAngione Can we get some info on the landmass?
    A26 Eldorudo It will be comparable in size to Great River. It will support mounted and unmounted combat.

Q27 @harperking Any chance of more warsteed items not from the store?
    A27 Aubergine Yes. We'll talk more about it after Update 10.

Q28 @cordovan86 Will update 10 eliminate forced emotes?
    A28 Aubergine No, but players will have the option to opt out.

Q29 @katabendroth Will hunters get more survivability, akin to the survivability of almost every other (non tank) class?
    A29 Hoarsedev Future updates to classes will make things like this a choice but not a given. #LOTRO
    A29 Would you trade damage for survivability?

Q30 @DavidSp64583582 What does standardizing power pools mean? #LOTRO
    A30 HoarseDev Powerpools will seem less random between similar classes.
    A30 This will clear the way to make overall class updates easier in the future.

Q31 @AdamSpitzley What was the reason for getting rid of Symbol drops in Durch and Twins? They actually created a lot of raid activity. #LOTRO
    A31 RockX We wanted to reserve major rewards for completing an instance.
    A31 It also lets us standardize how these things are earned.
    A31 They're still available on challenge mode.

Q32 @pspchekers Will this region come with U10 or U11? #LOTRO
    A32 Sapience U11. #LOTRO

Q33 @0Pinger will the forced emote opt out be store cash in or not?
    A33 Aubergine It will not be in the store. It will be a free option for all players.

Q34 @GuildofShadows There is a lot of talk about balance on the moors. Are you currently looking into this for better balance between sides?

A34 Hoarsedev there's always a lot of talk about balance in the moors.
    A34 it is built to shift back and forth.
    A34 Next month we'll bring a Pvp dev to talk more about it.

Q35 @DaniAngione How many people from the art team hide in the restroom to doodle possible looks for Minas Tirith?
    A35 Sapience 2 people just said 7. So we'll go with that.

Q36 @katabendroth Other classes don't have to give up DPS to survive, why do hunters have to do so? #LOTRO
    A36 Hoarsedev With upcoming class changes ALL CLASSES will have some difficult choices.

Q37 @dpencil Is there an ETA for a revamp to the forums? What's been done to the main lotro site looks really nice. #LOTRO
    A37 Sapience No ETA, but yes there are many changes coming to the forums and community sites.
    A37 Soon. The real one, not Sapience soon.

Q38 @GuildofShadows Please tell us more! What do you mean all classes have to choose? #lotro
    A38 Hoarsedev We'll talk more in future chats. #LOTRO

Q39 @lotrofollower Can we expect to get 2nd ages relatively easily once 1st ages arrive on the scene?
    A39 RockX Second ages will be available for Marks, Medallions, and/or Seals. #LOTRO

Q40 @mgoeppner Sapience hasn't made a reference chart for developer #vagueness yet has he?
    A40 Sapience I can barely understand when they speak english, I can't translate that stuff!
    Last edited by Sapience; Feb 06 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q11 Zalladi - Will Galuhad's Kinship proposal ever be considered? #LOTRO
    A11 HoarseDev – That’s a tall order (and a great proposal). Kins need a lot of work. Presently, that work sits behind the class work and housing. #LOTRO
    A11 HoarseDev – After we bang those things out, if I’m not summarily executed, I would like to get Kins to where they ought to be. #LOTRO
    Thank you! This is a question I've been wanting to see an answer to for a very long time. Please please please get to it sooner rather than later HoarseDev
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

The devs and Sapience have the best sense of humor even if they can be vague at times!

#willthelandmasshavegrasstoo #ihopeitdoes

Quote Originally Posted by lordmg1 View Post
    The devs and Sapience have the best sense of humor even if they can be vague at times!

#willthelandmasshavegrasstoo #ihopeitdoes
    They certainly have I laughed hard when they actually answered my Minas Tirith doodling question

Back to agility????????? This is a joke right??????

Nice to see that agility is going to be the new main/secondary stat for dd wardens. But still a disadvantage over most of the other classes that only have one major stat to look for, because it gives the most important bonuses.

Minstrels: Will (Heal, and tactical mastery)
    Lore-master: Will (Heal, and tactical mastery)
    Runekeeper: Will (Heal, and tactical mastery)
    Champions: Might (Damage and physical mitigation)
    Captains: Might (Heal, and tactical mastery)
    Burglar: Agility (Physical mastery and crit)
    Hunter: Agility (Physical mastery and crit)

I'm not totally sure, but maybe adding physical mastery to vitality and a morale debuff on damage stances could balance a change to one major stat.
    The only thing wardens and guardians had to look for is setbonuses and crit/or BPE ratings like the other classes.

When will we see letter from Kate Paiz?
    Last edited by kedarid; Jan 24 2013 at 04:49 PM.
    The king is dead, long live the king!

I'd still love to hear if you're going to do anything about the horrible lag in Ettenmoors. 10-30 sec skill lag in a 40 vs 40-fight is not acceptable.
    You should have a talk with CCP and learn from them and how they handled their lag in EVE-online.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    There's still only 1 main stat for whatever role per class. For DPS Wardens, it was split up between Might for melee damage and Agility for Ranged. Seems like it's nice to have Agility for both now, since it also gives Crit. And when you're DPS traited, morale/mitigations/block/parry aren't the main focus.

It remains to be seen if armour sets that give primary Vitality stats will remain with Might as a secondary. Hopefully yes.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinwulf View Post
    You should have a talk with CCP and learn from them and how they handled their lag in EVE-online.
    CCP spent years and a lot of money designing and re-designing a very specifically optimized solution to handle the two relatively unique problems they had to deal with: having everyone in one "world", and having multi-system conflicts involving thousands of people without breaking things elsewhere in the galaxy.

It's not likely that much could be shared, even if CCP was willing to divulge their secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    There's still only 1 main stat for whatever role per class. For DPS Wardens, it was split up between Might for melee damage and Agility for Ranged. Seems like it's nice to have Agility for both now, since it also gives Crit. And when you're DPS traited, morale/mitigations/block/parry aren't the main focus.

It remains to be seen if armour sets that give primary Vitality stats will remain with Might as a secondary. Hopefully yes.
    We also don't know what will happen with the Fate changes, the upcoming (apparently major and widespread) class changes, and anything else that creeps in between those updates. One Stat to Rule Them All (and some Vitality) might not make sense a year from now.
    Last edited by Haradim; Jan 24 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Q23 @Ehefkae - I just want to tell Rockx that I take back everything I said about the captain shield. I'm in love with my new shiny.
    A23 RockX - Awwwwwww.
    A23 Sapience Really? Awwww?
    A23 Hoarsedev Nerf it!
    I almost died laughing so hard lol

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by DjNateDawg View Post
    I almost died laughing so hard lol
    RockX took a lot of grief over that one in the room.

A1 RockX - Wardens are being switched to use Agility as their main stat (there will be a grace period to allow you to get gear). #LOTRO
    What is meant by grace period? Does it mean the switch will be flipped in about a week or two after update 10?

Interesting. Wardens to Agility, does that mean there is coming more ranged combat for Wardens? Wardens are melee!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000011e518/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Well, since my thread was deleted.. I'll repost the dev chat with a more readable formatting here.

Question 1: <Moonwalkintomordor> Basically, any Update 10 info you can spare please.

Answer 1:
    <HoarseDev> We are removing Dread from defeat on landscape.
    <RockX> In U10, Fate’s potency is increasing. Power pools are being standardized.
    <RockX> Both the new instances/raids and existing Scaling Instances are receiving new loot.
    <RockX> New Armour Sets are coming in, along with 1 st Age LIs.
    <RockX> Wardens are being switched to use Agility as their main stat (there will be a grace period to allow you to get gear).

Question 2: <@Faulklls> Any news of when you are going to release the 2nd part of the instance cluster?

Answer 2:
    <Sapience> Update 10.

Question 3: <@ForgotmyGambits> Can we please get an ETA for Update 10?

Answer 2:
    <Rowan> It will be on Bullroarer next week!

Question 4: <MrWarg> When are the class updates planned to happen?

Answer 4:
    <HoarseDev> We are laying the groundwork now (and there’s lots of it). Later this year, we’ll see the big changes.

Question 5: <Chris91> Will class updates also bring updates to creep classes? ?

Answer 5:
    <HoarseDev> We need to see if the freep changes entirely explode in a fiery train wreck first.

Question 6: <AlmericITA> My Kinship doesn't show up in Mylotro, will be any fixing for us?

Answer 6:
    <Sapience> We’re aware that some kinships have this problem. We’re actually looking into some major changes for this year.

Question 7: <Joene> Will housing get a much deserved revamp?

Answer 7:
    <HoarseDev> This is also on the docket for later this year. We’re testing out some ideas now and we’ll see what shakes out.

Question 8: <Harmat> Can we please have some competitions for the community to design cosmetics for our charaters and warsteeds?

Answer 8:
    <Aubergine> We would love to! We are working with the various parties needed to set something like this up.

Question 9: <Brya> With the DG & ITA clusters both getting scaled, are you planning to regularly scale more old content in future updates?

Answer 9:
    <Eldorudo> We're always looking to give old content new love and you can look forward to seeing more of this in the future.

Question 10: <No Attribution> What about server transfers? Any news on making it easier?

Answer 10:
    <Sapience> I spoke to Customer service about this and they recognize it as a gap in our service offerings.
    <Sapience> They’re currently investigating ways to make it as easy as a name change. No details, but it’s being looked at.

Question 11: <Zalladi> Will Galuhad's Kinship proposal ever be considered?

Answer 11:
    <HoarseDev> That’s a tall order (and a great proposal).Kins need a lot of work. That work sits behind the class work and housing.
    <HoarseDev> After we bang those things out, if I’m not summarily executed, I would like to get Kins to where they ought to be.

Question 12: <Herongol> what are your plans to improve server stability and preventlag-spikes?
    <Sapience> Performance tuning is an ongoing process. It’s something we work on with every patch and update.
    <Sapience> It’s a difficult problem with no simple solutions.

Question 13: <Aelonaith> Will we have our faction rep mounts appearance for use as warsteed cosmetics?

Answer 13:
    <Aubergine> At this time, there is no plan to re-visit rep mounts as war-steed cosmetics.

Question 14: <Disident> Are there any plans to update the character models and animations

Answer 14:
    <Sapience> I spoke with our Art director, here’s what he said:
    <Sapience> "Tinkering with avatars can be risky. Players become very attached to the ‘look and feel’ of their character.
    <Sapience> Tinkering with avatars can be risky. Players become very attached to the ‘look and feel’ of their character.
    <Sapience> We’ll be very interested in player feedback and suggestions as to how to go about making such dramatic changes.
    <Sapience> But yes, it’s something we’re currently investigating."

Question 15: <Aardnebby> Any idea when the destiny point perks replacement will be implemented?

Answer 15:
    <HoarseDev> This hasn’t been forgotten. We’re trying to get these back in a good spot rather than slapping them back in somewhere clunky.

Question 16: <Nindolvoth> Are the beard shaving and beardless legolas sapience community update videos still in the works?

Answer 16:
    <Sapience> Yes! At least the Legolas beardless one. Turns out making the shaving one was more challenging than I expected.

Question 17: <@RJferret> What's the reasoning of effectively removing player interrupt skills from the game?

Answer 17:
    <RockX> we standardized the times to make it more of a mechanic to react to an event, instead of just allowing constant spam.
    <RockX> Now it requires an active decision.

Question 18: <@bhoristhespider> Will Update 10 include a new epic book?

Answer 18:
    <Eldorudo> Update 10 will not include a new epic book, but there is a super sized epic being worked on for Update 11!

Question 19: <@lotrofollower> What can we expect for loot in older scaling instances in the future?

Answer 19:
    <RockX> Older scaling instances can expect to see their loot revamped.
    <RockX> with the oportunity to get rare through legendary gear.

Question 20: <@blackpuddings> How about seasonal changes in the homesteads?

Answer 20:
    <AngryKoala> It's something we'd like to do in both homesteads and major towns, but we'll have to see.

Question 21: <@cithryth> Are there new mounted combat thigns on the horizon?

Answer 21:
    <Eldorudo> We're looking at some exciting things for the new region. We have some tricks up our sleeves.

Question 22: <@blitzfactor> Will we ever get an option to change race?

Answer 22:
    <HoarseDev> We don't have any plans to add this.

Question 23: <@Ehefkae> I just want to tell Rockx that I take back everything I said about the captain shield. I'm in love with my new shiny.

Answer 23:
    <RockX> Awwwwwww.
    <Sapience> Really? Awwww?
    <HoarseDev> Nerf it!

Question 24: <@ME_lundberg> Will we be able to buy more wardrobe space anytime soon?

Answer 24:
    <Aubergine> It's something we're looking into. There are technical issues around storage and inventory.

Question 25: <@earthmeaser> would you guys made the Ost Dunnoth gear medallions/marks purchasable??

Answer 25:
    <RockX> Yes. It's already in the works.

Question 26: <@DaniAngione> Can we get some info on the landmass?

Answer 26:
    <Eldorudo> It will be comparable in size to Great River. It will support mounted and unmounted combat.

Question 27: <@harperking> Any chance of more warsteed items not from the store?

Answer 27:
    <Aubergine> Yes. We'll talk more about it after Update 10.

Question 28: <@cordovan86> Will update 10 eliminate forced emotes?

Answer 28:
    <Aubergine> No, but players will have the option to opt out.

Question 29: <@katabendroth> Will hunters get more survivability, akin to the survivability of almost every other (non tank) class?

Answer 29:
    <HoarseDev> Future updates to classes will make things like this a choice but not a given.
    <HoarseDev> Would you trade damage for survivability?

Question 30: <@DavidSp64583582> What does standardizing power pools mean?

Answer 30:
    <HoarseDev> Powerpools will seem less random between similar classes.
    <HoarseDev> This will clear the way to make overall class updates easier in the future.

Question 31: <@AdamSpitzley> What was the reason for getting rid of Symbol drops in Durch and Twins?They actually created a lot of raid activity.

Answer 31:
    <RockX> We wanted to reserve major rewards for completing an instance.
    <RockX> It also lets us standardize how these things are earned.
    <RockX> They're still available on challenge mode.

Question 32: <@pspchekers> Will this region come with U10 or U11?

Answer 32:
    <Sapience> U11.

Question 33: <@0Pinger> will the forced emote opt out be store cash in or not?

Answer 33:
    <Aubergine> It will not be in the store. It will be a free option for all players.

Question 34: <@GuildofShadows> There is a lot of talk about balance on the moors. Are you currently looking into this for better balance between sides?

Answer 34:
    <HoarseDev> there's always a lot of talk about balance in the moors.
    <HoarseDev> it is built to shift back and forth.
    <HoarseDev> Next month we'll bring a Pvp dev to talk more about it.

Question 35: <@DaniAngione> How many people from the art team hide in the restroom to doodle possible looks for Minas Tirith?

Answer 35:
    <Sapience> 2 people just said 7. So we'll go with that.

Question 36: <@katabendroth> Other classes don't have to give up DPS to survive, why do hunters have to do so?

Answer 36:
    <HoarseDev> With upcoming class changes ALL CLASSES will have some difficult choices.

Question 37: <@dpencil> Is there an ETA for a revamp to the forums? What's been done to the main lotro site looks really nice.

Answer 37:
    <Sapience> No ETA, but yes there are many changes coming to the forums and community sites.
    <Sapience> Soon. The real one, not Sapience soon.

Question 38: <@GuildofShadows> Please tell us more! What do you mean all classes have to choose?

Answer 38:
    <HoarseDev> We'll talk more in future chats.

Question 39: <@lotrofollower> Can we expect to get 2nd ages relatively easily once 1st ages arrive on the scene?

Answer 39:
    <RockX> Second ages will be available for Marks, Medallions, and/or Seals.

Question 40: <@mgoeppner> Sapience hasn't made a reference chart for developer #vagueness yet has he?

Answer 40:
    <Sapience> I can barely understand when they speak english, I can't translate that stuff!

Wardens to agility? so all the tanking armour sets, jewellery etc. will be useless for wardens since it has might. This will be a total fiasco forcing everyone that plays the class to totally regear and there will have to be a whole new set of tanking jewellery added just for wardens.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Hmm note: Never group with other burglars, hunters AND wardens after this update to ensure i get the agi loot

Well i hope the new epic book coming out in U11 will be amazing.
    Last edited by bamatram; Jan 24 2013 at 05:42 PM.

I am very concerned about the warden Main stat change. 1) Will we be reimbursed TP for the might tomes we bought from the store. 2) Will the hytbold armor be converted automatically or refunded? 3) What about all the skraid jewelry. 4) What about LI legacy tomes? It seems rather harsh to put this all on the onus of the player for a change you are pushing on us.

good times ahead

Lots of good stuff in that chat .

Im looking forward to people having to specialise inside their class , currently it's a homogeneous mess . The warden change is a bit scarey as they may well just end up even more powerful than they already are and they have unbalanced the world .
    Housing upgrade will be good
    Kin upgrade will be good -
    Being able to turn off those damn emotes will be wonderful .
    Will we also be able to turn of cosmetics like it is in the moors ( I hope so ).
    Making destiny points useful again is great
    Removing dread from landscape seems a bad idea -feels like dumbing down again and its already got a lot easier .
    Fate was underpowered compared to other stats - glad this is being fixed
    Wont talk about the class changes till they give us an idea of what they will be but I hope they make classes other than wardens useful again - im getting really bored playing a warden and would love o play my main classes again .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000003def/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchpin13 View Post
    Wardens to agility? so all the tanking armour sets, jewellery etc. will be useless for wardens since it has might. This will be a total fiasco forcing everyone that plays the class to totally regear and there will have to be a whole new set of tanking jewellery added just for wardens.
    Please be more specific! What exactly do you mean with "all the jewelry" that were especially added for wardens that doesn't have the same stats like every other tanking items for guardians? I'm not sure if there is a lot of them.
    Even if you had some items with agility, did you really need those few extra points to evade?
    For me, the benifits of having only one stat for both dps roles to look for, are greater than to be forced to change 1 or 2 items.

Might still contributes the same way as of now. They only change gear thats designed for the secondary role, which means melee or ranged dps.

So as a Warden you have to convince people to roll on agility gear, while ambitious guardians are in competition with captains and champions, which is not easy at all since they tend to get very angry when someone tries to steal their precious...

Anyway. With this update, every Major stat seems to have 3 potential classes.

Might (Guardian, Champion, Captain)
    Will (Runekeeper, Lore-master, Minstrel)
    Agility (Warden, Hunter, Burglar)
    Vitality (Guardian, Warden & maybe a blue Champion)

And 2 of them will be forced to be the greedy ones. :P
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Jan 24 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    Anyway. With this update, every Major stat seems to have 3 potential classes.

Might (Guardian, Champion, Captain)
    Will (Runekeeper, Lore-master, Minstrel)
    Agility (Warden, Hunter, Burglar)
    Vitality (Guardian, Warden & maybe a blue Champion)

And 2 of them will be forced to be the greedy ones. :P
    You forgot to add Captains to the Vitality one >=(

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I doupt that many captains will equip more vitality than might while healing or dealing damage/soloplay.

RockX took a lot of grief over that one in the room.
    Blushing may have occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by jugger181 View Post
    I am very concerned about the warden Main stat change. 1) Will we be reimbursed TP for the might tomes we bought from the store. 2) Will the hytbold armor be converted automatically or refunded? 3) What about all the skraid jewelry. 4) What about LI legacy tomes? It seems rather harsh to put this all on the onus of the player for a change you are pushing on us.
    Presumably, class-specific rewards will be rebalanced along with the change. Anything not Warden Only will probably stay as-is, unless other classes also change enough to warrant a more widespread adjustment.

You can be assured there will be no TP reimbursement, though. Technically, all stats are supposed to have value to all classes, even if that doesn't actually work out in reality.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast