We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
    A it would be nice to see the class revamps and future content tilt back to having some craft and guile needed in group tactics again, shifting away from what I see as the prevalent "DPS is everything" mentality we've had for quite a while now. Brute force and blitzing instances has gotten boring, to boot.
    completely agree with that sentiment.
    It is nice that each class is viable in a dps role now (especially when soloing), but for group content, most of the newer instances and raid focus more on the "tank and spank" scheme of things. It would be nice to give the support classes both the capability and the need to actually support again, in the future.

My main is a Lore-Master, and while my debuffs are still appreciated in raids, they are mostly pointless in 3 and 6 man content, and my massive arsenal of crowd-control is rarely used (its usually easier to simply AoE stuff down, then play carefully with mezzed or rooted mobs).

My girldfriends burglar is in a similar situation: while still more then welcome in raids, she is now appreciated for her single-target DPS, while in the past she was taken along for back-up crowd-control, offensive debuffs and fellowship maneuvers..

I'm very glad to see that big class revamps are coming, because the same gameplay over and over again isn't really motivating
    So I'm hoping for a quite different feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Bethup View Post
    Oh I'm so happy that housing will get a revamp!
    You do realize that you may be paying for housing upgrades at the store? You might, you might not, will have to wait and see.

I m looking forward to class changes.For sure they work fine but I think its always a good idea to bring new stuff on game so the game wont be a routine. The only thing i am hoping though is to actually do a step forward with changes and not a step back.

My thoughts always were, there are 3 major revamps that needs to be taken for lotro. Those revamps are Housing,Kinship, and avatar updates. They are not of course a must have since all these play second role, but for sure would be able to give a fresh air on the gameplay and mostly on Middle Earth life! So, very glad that 2 of the 3 are being looked at.

I never experienced lag issues apart from some skirmish raids. But i have a lot crash problems. guys i know you are working of it. Would be foolish if not but still as we all understand the bottom line is how playable the game will be..I am afraid that no matter how good intentions for a solution there are ,this one is about results....

Update 10 seems to bring a new air and there is a very interesting idea to what we can expect on U11. i would love to see more questions about that however since we dont know much as well of course for the future expansion. Not even one question why ? :P

Looking forward to one letter that's being promised. And hope all to go for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    You do realize that you may be paying for housing upgrades at the store? You might, you might not, will have to wait and see.
    If done correctly it could be an obvious cash cow for them really.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

I am not at all happy about yet another complete revamp of wardens, especially one that entails having to completely re-gear. Why am I even bothering doing Hytbold if the gear is going to be trashed and I have to buy it all over again.

If they do this to wardens i finally am done with you. All my gear being worthless now? A period of time to get new gear? So wardens have to grind over and over again for their new gear? What is it with you guy that you always break the warden class with every new update? And Guardians are fine again as always. I see many angry warden players if you do this and a lot of money gone for you because they will quit. To force them to grind a completely new gear set in the middle of a expansion period is the most stupid thing you can do. No one with a right mind will do this, because we are cheated by you turbine and you will feel it, i promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothan117 View Post
    I am not at all happy about yet another complete revamp of wardens, especially one that entails having to completely re-gear. Why am I even bothering doing Hytbold if the gear is going to be trashed and I have to buy it all over again.
    You are mistaken about the Hytbold armour sets which will, according to a blue name, be revised to reflect the change in primary stat. Read the relevant thread on the warden forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    There is no need for a letter from Kate Paiz, this will suffice.
    Not for me it doesn't...

welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyah View Post
    A1 RockX - Wardens are being switched to use Agility as their main stat (there will be a grace period to allow you to get gear). #LOTRO
    Trimmed
    I prefer the way it is now, we get dps and healing bonuses from might and the mits from Vit. Why fix what isn't broken?
    Trimmed
    I think your answer is "To make future Itemization and class changes easier to plan and implement." What doesn't seem broken to you might be a major headache to Turbine devs every time they try to look at the next-step, gear-set, etc, the timing of the change before class revisions implies cross-class items and larger plans afoot.

I hope this grace period idea includes some way for Wardens to trade current gear for an Agility version, but I don't have a high enough Warden to actually care. I say get ye to Bullroarer to find out and DON'T PANIC.

Couple of observations after reading the transcript:

1. Great to see the developers interacting with the community like this - more please

2. Also great to see that some of the oft-requested areas are being worked on, or at least considered anyway, i.e. housing and kinships. Obviously not everyone is into housing (or kins for that matter) but a lot of players are as can be seen from the number of related threads in the suggestions forum - kudos to the development team.

3. Looking forward (with some trepidation) to the upcoming class changes. My main is a burg and the class is in sore need of some rebalancing love (see the burg forums to see what I mean), so fingers crossed that these changes will make the less-used stances more viable again and return burgs to their original CC/debuff role rather than the fellowship member that uses Reveal Weakness.

4. I don't play a warden but I imagine the change to agility might annoy some players who do, burgs went through the same changes (combo of vitality, might and agility to just agility) around ROI time and it took some getting used to and a lot of gear switching. I assume the rationale is balancing of raid loot between the various classes rather than a change for changes sake.

5. Not sure about the removal of the dread penalty, it's hardly a big deal as it. Plus the cooldown gives you a chance for a loo-break or time to roll a smoke
    Last edited by StrideColossus; Jan 25 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    If done correctly it could be an obvious cash cow for them really.
    That's what everyone assumes about their ideas. Maybe yes, maybe no. People often make the mistake of believing that everyone is as excited about their idea as they are.

Why do people say that Wardens will now have to compete with <fill in the blank> for gear? Unless you haven't been playing recently and didn't read what they said, all the Scaled Instances will be getting new drops and the drops are based upon you and your class specifically. Rolls are gone. Each character has their own chance to get equipment/armour from their own loot table. At this stage all we have been rolling on is to determine who will open the chest(s).

For Instances that have not yet been scaled, you are still going to have to roll (for some stuff) or keep doing what you have before - buy it from the specialized Barter NPC with the specialized coins. I would bet that people talking about 'competing' are speaking of end-game stuff anyway and that will all be auto-loot. Again, the armour sets (like the DG stuff and soon I would guess OD stuff) went right into the Skirmish Camp. You are not competing with anyone there.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    Why do people say that Wardens will now have to compete with <fill in the blank> for gear? Unless you haven't been playing recently and didn't read what they said, all the Scaled Instances will be getting new drops and the drops are based upon you and your class specifically. Rolls are gone. Each character has their own chance to get equipment/armour from their own loot table. At this stage all we have been rolling on is to determine who will open the chest(s).

For Instances that have not yet been scaled, you are still going to have to roll (for some stuff) or keep doing what you have before - buy it from the specialized Barter NPC with the specialized coins. I would bet that people talking about 'competing' are speaking of end-game stuff anyway and that will all be auto-loot. Again, the armour sets (like the DG stuff and soon I would guess OD stuff) went right into the Skirmish Camp. You are not competing with anyone there.
    You're absolutely correct, but we'll still have some people who will see another class get a teal item and mistakenly think that it kept them from getting one as well.

(Although as long as skirmish raids continue to dole out loot in the old manner, there will still be a bit of rolling against others to be done.)

I noticed it was stated that the new landmass is coming in update 11, and will be comparative in size to the Great River. I assume this must be the area where that new bridge is leading south from the great River, and not western Rohan? I would expect West Rohan to be much bigger than that.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q9 Brya - With the DG & ITA clusters both getting scaled, are you planning to regularly scale more old content in future updates? #LOTRO
    A9 Eldorudo - We're always looking to go back and give old content new love and you can look forward to seeing more of this in the future. #LOTRO
    Please, please prioritize scaling Uru & CD, especially CD. They are outstanding content, in many respects equal or better to current end game. And it would make farming for level 45 class items into something engaging rather than a trivial chore as at present.

Kudos to the original designers of those spaces.

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ Windfola

Hah. I had no idea what was going on until a friend told me about this chat.

Free forced emote opt-out and housing revamp? Two things I honestly never believed would happen. Add to that the xp disabler (despite the poor timing of it), this is pretty good... Kudos and thanks, Turbine.

I think the captain class is in a good place, so I'm curious what sort of "big changes" are in store there. Oh, and I'm happy about fate getting a bump; I like stacking it as my third stat anyway.

1. Gilded (having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth)
    2. Having an appearance of grandeur that obfuscates by complexity and arbitrariness
    3. Disposable

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q40 @mgoeppner Sapience hasn't made a reference chart for developer #vagueness yet has he?
    A40 Sapience I can barely understand when they speak english, I can't translate that stuff!
    Just feed it to us verbatim. Some of us speak programmer fluently.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

I know this is not everyones priority, but I'm not happy about the horses. Some of us have worked hard to get Rep horses. When the warsteed was announced, they said that Rep steeds would be represented, just like store bought. To hear them say that making Rep steed cosmetics not even a thought feels like a kick to the nads. Its like they add the Rep system and then tell those if us that have worked on it, so sorry but all that work you did means nothing. I'm proud if the effort ive put into repping my characters. Id like to have what was mentioned, my Rep skins,please.

On top of that the steed colours don't even match the colours on the storebought steeds. Ever try the black body for the steed of night? Looks more grey.

I am encouraged about housing and forced emotes, and nervious about yge class changes. I have to ask why are yet more class changes needed. I know my roommate is not happy about the talked about changes to wardens. And I'm not sure what they mean about sacrificing spoken about. I like my characters andjust not sure why they blneed changing

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    If it's a solid upgrade, I would cheerfully pay for a housing upgrade. As cheerfully, if not moreso, than an expansion.

I hate the LotRO forums so much. Logging me out in the middle of something like, oh, posting... Stupid unusable piece of dung software.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthilan View Post
    I know this is not everyones priority, but I'm not happy about the horses. Some of us have worked hard to get Rep horses. When the warsteed was announced, they said that Rep steeds would be represented, just like store bought. To hear them say that making Rep steed cosmetics not even a thought feels like a kick to the nads. Its like they add the Rep system and then tell those if us that have worked on it, so sorry but all that work you did means nothing. I'm proud if the effort ive put into repping my characters. Id like to have what was mentioned, my Rep skins,please.
    Ever since the introduction of warsteeds, reputation mount value was basically castrated.

It used to be that rep mounts gave two distinct advantages to make the ultra-grind for them worthwhile, on top of cosmetic interest: health and speed. Both are lost completely to warsteeds so for regular land traversal even outside Rohan, you're better off using your warsteed.

These days I tell people that (1) the only reputation mount ever worth getting is the Thorin's Hall goat, and (2) the only other reputation items worth getting pre-RoI are the travel ports.

What Turbine should do since they don't want to allow in-game earned rep mount count towards warsteeds is to simply upgrade the base reputation mounts in both speed and health so they'd at least be useful for travel again. The defining feature of warsteeds should be the combat skills.

As for the class revamp hints, what I worry about in the "difficult decisions" phrase is Turbine pulling something stupid and making class trait tree-based or something like how it is with warsteeds. LotRO's free-form trait system allows PLAYER CHOICE. Player choice trumps all. Their phrase, to me, hints at dampening player choice towards more min-max and railroaded character builds while everything else will likely end up far more gimped than necessary. I like my 2/2/3 build, thanks.

1. Gilded (having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth)
    2. Having an appearance of grandeur that obfuscates by complexity and arbitrariness
    3. Disposable

Quote Originally Posted by Longfeellow View Post
    I guess I am finding it hard to understand why there is this incessant need and/or craving to change the classes every year. It seems that there is so much time spent on these "class changes", that other aspects of this game that would be viable (not to mention welcomed) get put on the back burner or taken off of the stove completely.

Quite frankly, instead of changing classes that really had no issues in the first place all the time, I'd rather you put more content into the game, and or fix what is already there that is broken (in a timely fashion). I.E. A new PvP map that will never happen, more endgame content (also released in a much more consistent manner), more polishing of content that is released (I'm OCD about it, but if you put a door in the game, I should be allowed to open it. It doesn't matter if there is nothing inside to see of interest. Otherwise, why even put the cosmetic up?), a Kinship revamp that I will be shocked to see.. if we get it at all... ever, Housing (I am not holding my breath on this either), actual dynamic player events (Warbands are not dynamic events, those are static spawns that pop up on open landscape), and what ever of the 1000's of other suggestions that have been made by several players just on the forums alone.

As a side note, when I said more endgame content, I meant original endgame content. Not endgame content that got scaled and had new loot thrown in. While it is fun sometimes to go and visit old content that you haven't seen or visited in a couple of years, that is not "new endgame". That is old refurbished endgame. That is more of the "same-ol, same-ol".

Regardless, I'll learn the class changes like I have in the past. It doesn't really bother me to tell the truth, I just do not see why so much time is spent developing these changes and what effects they will have when there was nothing really wrong in the first place. As opposed to developing more content or fixing what is already there, that is.
    Ive been playing MMOs since EQ first came out and if you didn't already know there is no such thing as a static class they are always changing, weather you agree with the changes or not. The day devs stop tinkering with classes and there roles is the day a Game closes its doors and goes off line forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylani View Post
    If it's a solid upgrade, I would cheerfully pay for a housing upgrade. As cheerfully, if not moreso, than an expansion.
    I would too. Although we have no details, the fact that they have plans to do something makes me very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    I hate the LotRO forums so much. Logging me out in the middle of something like, oh, posting... Stupid unusable piece of dung software.
    Surely you must have learned by now to copy every post before click "submit."

What Turbine should do since they don't want to allow in-game earned rep mount count towards warsteeds is to simply upgrade the base reputation mounts in both speed and health so they'd at least be useful for travel again. The defining feature of warsteeds should be the combat skills.
    While I agree rep steed cosmetics (especially the meta-deed steed cosmetics) should be made available as war steed cosmetics, there's no need to change the mechanics of rep or meta-steeds. Post-war steed, yes, they are useless. If your character has a war steed, it doesn't need a better travel steed. Pre-war steed, they are as useful as they ever were. No need to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthilan View Post
    I know this is not everyones priority, but I'm not happy about the horses. Some of us have worked hard to get Rep horses. When the warsteed was announced, they said that Rep steeds would be represented, just like store bought.
    When did they say that? I'm not saying they didn't say it. I just don't recall every seeing that.

To hear them say that making Rep steed cosmetics not even a thought feels like a kick to the nads. Its like they add the Rep system and then tell those if us that have worked on it, so sorry but all that work you did means nothing.
    Nothing? You still get the rep/meta mount, exactly what you got before. For a pre-Rohan character, a rep mount is still better than a Hengstacer mount or a promotional mount or a festival mount, and a meta-mount (e.g., the Elf Ambassador's steed) is still better than a regular rep mount.
    Last edited by maxjenius; Jan 26 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    Surely you must have learned by now to copy every post before click "submit."
    I don't frequent this forum much anymore since I've never seen so many problems in any other forum/user site; avoidance by frustration, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    While I agree rep steed cosmetics (especially the meta-deed steed cosmetics) should be made available as war steed cosmetics, there's no need to change the mechanics of rep or meta-steeds. Post-war steed, yes, they are useless. If your character has a war steed, it doesn't need a better travel steed. Pre-war steed, they are as useful as they ever were. No need to change them.
    You're missing a key factor here: effort/reward ratio. Under normal circumstances, the additional grind to reach kindred is absolutely not worth it for rep mounts with the exception of the Thorin's Hall goat because that's usable everywhere, notably Moria (and you can get and use it right away in Moria instead of grinding the Moria factions). The meta mounts are pretty "whatever" to me and seem to get the bounce bug much more often and worse than regular rep mounts.

If you have a pile of gold and want to buy your way to kindred, that's one way to do it, but that doesn't work for barter mounts like the Lothlorien white steed.

Then my other suggestion is to simply make the "old world" reputation mounts easier to earn and cheaper. Like at Ally and 2g. As they stand now, in terms of effort/reward, they're not worth it. Anyone is better off "grinding" for the festival steeds that have 200 morale in terms of ease (though of course Turbine is well on its way to nerf that completely).

3. Disposable

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast