We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorgrim View Post
    Q42: @PArriola Will we be able to have crafting in houses?

A42: Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey
    Yes we will be adding crafting facilities to housing.

Been through it before. It kills the town community feeling. You think "No it won't" or "Good, no more chat in towns" But it does lead to the feeling of abandoned towns.

It's coming obviously, but I think it's a mistake to go this route. There are so many ports to crafting areas. there's no need to put them in the housing. Everyone can get the Bree and Thorin's Hall ports fairly easily. (Although, after reading it a bit more carefully and with a critical eye to the answer, I'm willing to bet that while the question was meant for individual houses, the answer meant in an area near the store/vault/Skirmish trainers in each housing area.)
    Long ago they was against this for the reason you have given why it'd be a bad idea. Guess they changed there minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q27: Nasami - Verizal: Is there a way to make war-steed riding 'smoother'? The regular mounts' gait looks so much more natural than the war-steed's gallop...

A27: Evan "Verizal" Graziano
    This is another tech limitation that we are forced to deal with. Given their inclusion in combat, the war-steeds have a heavier set of restrictions that they must abide by in order to keep combat, itself, as flowing and functional as possible.
    While it may be true you have a tech limitation you guys definitely made it worse in update 10.0.2.

Pre-update I was running smooth as silk and I thoroughly enjoyed mounted combat, but post patch it's so jerky it's almost unplayable and I don't want to even mount up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Long ago they was against this for the reason you have given why it'd be a bad idea. Guess they changed there minds.
    They changed their minds because it's something they can monetize on the store. want crafting at your (kin)house? that'll be 995 TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    I think the only encouraging thing I saw there was the reply to my suggestion about 'combine / refine all'.

Rest of it is frankly worrying. I don't like where this game is going.
    I have a feeling once this trait tree & the class revamps come live, I am just gonna have to re roll all my characters. I don't know just think this is all gonna be one major cluster you know what...

Quote Originally Posted by MrWarg View Post
    Agreed. I can only hope that the new expansion brings us new PvMP content. It is rather sad to think that there is nothing new coming for our preferred play style.
    I hate to tell ya, but if they were working on PvMP stuff for the next expansion they wouldn't have been so definitive. At this point I wouldn't expect anything other than tweaks to PvMP for as far as the eye can see.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

Quote Originally Posted by Cavar View Post
    They changed their minds because it's something they can monetize on the store. want crafting at your (kin)house? that'll be 995 TP.
    Um where has it be stated that this is gonna be the case?

I have a feeling once this trait tree & the class revamps come live, I am just gonna have to re roll all my characters. I don't know just think this is all gonna be one major cluster you know what...
    I just don't get why they are devoting so much developer time to changes that no one has asked for while ignoring things that people have asked for for years. A major revamp like this is fraught with peril. There are going to be innumerable bugs, broken classes, and frustrated players for months. I think they are crazy to do this. Crayzee!
    Adaaon (Minstrel)

I've always said that I won't leave the game until the ring is destroyed and I get to see everything it has to offer, but if I'm gonna keep getting one disappointment after another, then I might do what many of my friends already did: Leave, go do something else and come back only after an expansion is released to see the new areas.

One thing is for sure, I won't be pre-ordering content again. If I had known what the Rohan instance cluster was going to be like, I would have waited until release and bought only the quest pack.

Honestly, I'm a little sad.
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

Um where has it be stated that this is gonna be the case?
    lol why wouldn't they charge for it? they charged for an XP disabler after all. both would be classified as perks

tell you what, if they don't charge for it, then I'll gladly eat crow

Always cool to have a question answered

Though,
    "I'm particularly fond of our current 'buffet' method of selecting class traits..."

Agreed on all the points expressing concern regarding the skill trees. It feels like a vision that devs are more intent on adding than players have asked for. MC was a trial and I think that whilst it was not inherently bad, it didn't necessarily add anything, it wasn't an improvement on what we had. I think this is a case of don't fix what isn't broken; or even, don't unfix something which has worked well thus far in the game. I like the way in which LOTRO didn't have this sort of tree and other ways in which LOTRO didn't follow other RPGs.

That said, we've had the limit of traits that we have ever since 65 is it? And I think that by 85 we should be getting some more options, so hopefully some sort of compromise can be reached. I've always felt that the simple tree implementation wasn't conducive to the full customisation that we've been offered with the current system, as inevitably you miss something you wanted elsewhere. By its nature a tree puts limitations into choices straight away. So, can we have some more options for traits but not a limitation?
    Last edited by RSmuppet; Mar 21 2013 at 07:38 PM.

It was a bug. Nothing more. Nothing less. Sorry, but it really is just that simple.
    Bug? It's a really curious bug when an item gets included in the loot table at a very specific drop chance of 2%. I mean, it's not like it was in the loot table with the exact same drop chance as T2. That would have been at least plausible.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)

Unhappy it is too easy...

Q3: Cris - May we expect a more realistic series of emotes or an update of those that we already have?

A3: Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey
    I would love to add a few new player emotes to the game. Which kinds of emotes do you have in mind?
    I would love to see /cartwheel . And bring back the little hobbit pose after the /flip - it was so cute!

Q32: MrWarg - Can we have more details about the class revamp please, specifically the implementation of skill trees?

A32: Matt "Hoarsedev" Zimmitti
    Three trees per class. Some degree of blending at a higher cost than sticking with a pure build. Bonuses granted based on an early-level specialization choice that grows as points are spent. You can have multiple specs. You can respec.
    UGHHH. Really? Really not a fan of skill trees AT ALL. Why are you pushing this on us?

Q39: @MikeWestYYC Do you feel the current state of LOTRO is not challenging enough (too easy) to keep new players engaged? #LOTRO

A39: Matt "Hoarsedev" Zimmitti
    Our present classes don't require difficult choices in how to play. Future changes should increase the challenge level. Because you won't be able to do everything as any class.
    -------------------
    --------------------------

Q44: @jordan_rose72 is content meant to be this easy or is it a bug?

A44: Lauren “Budgeford” Salk
    Content is not 'this easy' for everyone. The goal of most landscape content is to let everyone play and enjoy it. Instanced content is intended to be more difficult.
    You've got two questions on why content is easy... maybe that's a hint from players that it is too easy! The new content is especially easy compared to older content & how the game used to be. You level so fast (too fast now it seems) and you have reduced the amount of kills in quests to just 10 or 12 - even at max level. That is EASY. The goal of landscape content is that it should be fun, enjoyable, and slightly challenging - not so easy that you don't learn anything about your class or how to really play the game. I'd really love to hear who says this game is not easy and why. That's not the feedback I'm hearing in game chat at all.

Q46: @pieeatingchamp will you be making tweaks to fate/power use because since U10 my warden barely uses any power fighting 10+ mobs #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A46: Evan "Verizal" Graziano
    10.1 will bring adjustments to fate and power to bring the stat down to a more managable level. Fate's contribution will be reduced. Skill costs will also be reduced. All classes underwent a round of balance.
    This is the type of stuff that makes me wonder why Bullroarer testing even exists if these changes come out and its SO wrong that you have to go back and reverse it. It seems like this is happening a lot for updates. How in the world was this NOT seen in testing?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002f034b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Exclamation Re-rolls all around

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    I just don't get why they are devoting so much developer time to changes that no one has asked for while ignoring things that people have asked for for years. A major revamp like this is fraught with peril. There are going to be innumerable bugs, broken classes, and frustrated players for months. I think they are crazy to do this. Crayzee!
    Yeah.... agreed. Relearning a max level character is NO FUN... not to mention all the potential problems and issues. If they mess up the Fate revamp -- imagine a whole class load of changes. No trust on this at all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002f034b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quick question, my apologies to all if this has been covered ad nauseum and I'm the only one that hasn't heard, but:

Is it confirmed that the new skill trees are going to be replacing the class trait system rather than in addition to said system? Seems like it would be a lot of work nobody's asked them to do in order to ditch the class traits and replace them with something nobody seems to want. On the other hand, if this is on top of or side by side with the trait system, just something else for us to play around with to enhance our characters then I'm all for it.

What exactly are good players?
    Are they players that put in 5+ hours a day and chastise those that cannot due to RL obligations? Or are they players that are willing to help one another have an enjoyable stay in middle earth regardless of skill level.

Anyways, to keep this on topic...

While i imagine skill trees will make the game easier to understand for those coming in from other games I worry that it will pigeonhole players into using certain builds that the "good" players deem ideal further separating the community.

Q26: Nasami - Cosmetic gear slots? My LM has found some gorgeous staves, only to lose how they look because she found better quality gear. Please?

A26: Evan "Verizal" Graziano
    Unfortunately due to tech limitations, this is not really an option

I appreciate the limitations, but still hope that in future you might find some way to alleviate the current issue of Legendary weapons being mass produced and boring compared to many pre-legendary weapons, and I want to be clear that I am not asking for the super ornate high fantasy weapons seen in other fantasy MMOs. LOTR has a rich heritage of unique and powerful named weapons, and it has never really felt like the legendary system has captured that, between having to constantly replace them and the lack of visual variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemane0 View Post
    While i imagine skill trees will make the game easier to understand for those coming in from other games I worry that it will pigeonhole players into using certain builds that the "good" players deem ideal further separating the community.
    And this doesn't happen now? I've gotten &&&& for not being Hands of Healing before. People are jerks or they aren't, game systems don't really change that, its just another tool they may use to be a jerk.

A46: Evan "Verizal" Graziano
    10.1 will bring adjustments to fate and power to bring the stat down to a more managable level. Fate's contribution will be reduced. Skill costs will also be reduced. All classes underwent a round of balance.
    -------------

As long as its no longer necessary for guards to have a pocket LM to make up for the current atrocious power usage, then I'll be happy... It seems rather clear that guard's power usage was not tested as thoroughly as the other classes who all manage to survive well enough (hunters are borderline), though I suppose this is evident through the lack of communication from our primary class dev. A balance in guardian's power regen (aka increase it, or decrease skill costs) will be extremely welcome with 10.1.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

I'd like to share these words from the comment section of the The Lord of The Rings Online Facebook post regarding this dev transcript:

I found this dev chat provided very little information. Almost every question I read the answer was no or no plans. It's quite depressing really. I almost feel like some questions were asked that just got removed entirely. No one asked what the plan was to address the horrid performance of mounted combat? The rubberbanding back at times. The terrible chop it brings to ride through a town. This isn't a performance issue on my side or latency or my steed's traits, etc. This has been evident since the day RoR was introduced and players have complained about it since. Players don't even bother with mounted combat unless it's to go kill Bugud. THAT'S IT! If the reason is, "well we are bound by our tech" -- then you shouldn't have introduced it in the first place.

The loot system, it essentially eliminates master looting in raids now. In addition, you let it slip out the door with release the ability to acquire first age symbols through tier 1 raids and then you patch it up after the damage has more than been done. Not even a "hey guys, we screwed up, we apologize, here's some compensation" -- or something. Now you've patched it (which I'm thankful for) but this isn't the first time this has happened. Does Durchest ring a bell? My final thoughts on the latest raids: what happened? 3 raids that have absolutely no build up. I've only head about Smaug (no I haven't done it yet) but Battle For Erebor and Lonely Mountain? One you just walk in and fight after picking some terms, the other is a freakin' timer of trash mobs. What happened to the trash mobs with a build up to the boss and the strategy of how tackle said mobs. I can understand people's defense of, well it's a change of pace from the usual raid but come on, couldn't you have made at least 1 of the 3 a little more interesting. You have a test server, you have resources but due to poor quality control, lonely mountain crashes servers and is removed, thereby eliminating people from being able to get the new pieces of gear or a FA emblem through the skirmish camp.

My biggest problem coming back to LOTRO was rebuilding Hytbold. I came back, excited to play, only to find out I needed to grind out reputation in not 1 but 4 zones to kindred and then farm tokens to rebuild this town so then I could acquire the armor set. I felt as if you did this just to put players off and give them busy work in order for you to play catch up on not releasing the content that should have gone out with the RoR expansion. Separate topic but you then take our seals and convert them into medallions and then make us go back and grind out seals AGAIN to acquire the next set of armor. Reasoning being what? You didn't want us to be able to acquire that gear so quickly? Why not? We put in the work originally to get all those seals. Just another way for you to keep us busy while you try and get the next mediocre expansion together.

It upsets me to see a game I've loved and played since beta and I pay monthly for continue to go down this poor path. And after typing all of this out, I'm not questioning myself as to why I'm still here. I hope someone at Turbine with a conscience reads this and cares enough to take some action.

I'd like to apologize for the length and any spelling errors and/or grammar mistakes. I'm just not in the mood to go back and make corrections.
    Last edited by the.vission; Mar 21 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Q28: OverlordGate - Which instance cluster will be scaled and revamped next and when can we expect it?

A28: Derek Flippo
    Right now we’re focusing on prototyping Helm’s Deep instanced content for the upcoming expansion pack. After we’ve shipped the expansion we’ll evaluate the remaining potential revamps vs. making new instances.
    Any chance that you could expand on this? Is the Helm's Deep instanced content designed to be group content or solo content (or perhaps a mix of both)?

I ask only because the way the second sentence is phrased it leaves open the possibility that Helm's Deep will be the third straight expansion with no new instance cluster at launch.

Sapience, could you clarify this? -

Originally Posted by Sapience
    Q42: @PArriola Will we be able to have crafting in houses?

A42: Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey
    Yes we will be adding crafting facilities to housing.

Does this mean crafting facilities inside individual houses or inside housing neighborhoods?

I think the OP meant individual houses, but was certain I had read elsewhere in the last month or two a statement that facilities would not go inside houses.

Thanks

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I'm going to have to point out a couple of points. First, Question #1 was about game performane. Second, it strikes me the majority of those complaining about the quality of the questions and making the most negative comments did not themselves ask any. Perhaps in the future you could seek to rectify that?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    You guys broke it. You guys are now going to fix it... but now you also should compensate players for the gear choices/crafted outputs during the broken period.
    I'd be all for this as long as they can take back the FA LIs that everyone got from BfE due to the "you guys broke it" part that resulted in the past hotfix.

I didn't think you'd like that either.

The raiding community is about to vanish... i've played this game from beta and over the last 6-12 months have sat on the fence concerning the content of this game...

The latest raids are dull at best, with only one of them providing a mechanic which is outside the usual stack a certain class and nuke it..... one can't even be accessed.

With U10 being the main instance cluster until Helms Deeps, i can see a lot of the players looking for a new game. Not to mention;

- Server performance is awful, still no real communication or obvious effort to resolve it.
    - PVMP is broken - Creeps are once again cannon fodder to Freeps.
    - Content is full of bugs.
    - Content is repetitive, i'm bored of new content consisting of scaled instances that i've already done to death. The new raids have been ruined by the fact people farmed the living day lights out of them on T1.
    - The "Random" loot distribution is terrible, i'm all for innovation but seeing the same person with 4 FA symbols run after run smacks of a problem with the "Randomness" of the software (PUG group).

I'm obviously a raider and its the main reason i play this game and i appreciate everyone has there needs, but in my opinion this is something that's been over looked for some time.

Despite being a VIP (Lifetime) member i spend a decent amount of money on this game per month buying TP in a effort to invest in the games future - but the future of this game isn't heading in a direction i like i'll be looking to invest my money else where now

Rant over,

Lob

Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    Q35: Nendis_Nenar A Housing-Question: Will empty houses from inactive players be available to rent again?
    A35: Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey
    Yes.

Thank God.
    I can see it now the mad dash on Brandywine once this goes live. People are going to be fighting to get there house they want in the neighborhood they want purchased. LOL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast