We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    webrender is offline Wondering & only a little Lost

PAX Seattle (Aug 30 – Sep 2) Will there be any “Freepin, Creepin or Peepin” going on?

Howdy All!
    With PAX about a month away I was wondering if there would be a Turbine/LOTRO party this year? Last year was a blast and even though I didn’t have tickets to PAX itself, I made sure to attend the party. This year I have tickets so I’m looking forward to seeing the booth and being at the Turbine event (if there is one).
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

I think I remember Sapience saying there won't be a LOTRO presence at all at PAX this year. I'm assuming that means both the booth and the after party. Kind of sad, it was the reason I went both 2010 and 2011.

That would be very sad, I love the LOTRO parties. If there is no official one, maybe one can be put together by the community instead?
    [CENTER][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61519228/lotroforumsig.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#9999ff"]Freeps: Lavendel - Rinoril - Lavendeleth - Lavendelita - Therrin
    Creeps: Makimut - Makinid[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderkae View Post
    That would be very sad, I love the LOTRO parties. If there is no official one, maybe one can be put together by the community instead?
    LOTRO will not be attending PAX Prime this year. We will also not be hosting a party (sorry guys, we love it as much as you do!).

Now if players were to get together and do their own thing and get some pics and info out about it that would be fantastic. In fact, you should get ahold of the guys at LOTRO Reporter as I believe they'll be attending and might be interested in having some fun, too!

Oh.....
    Well that is most unfortunate. This is really the only game I play and was very much looking forward to both the party and the booth (not to mention any nuggets of Helm’s Deep information that might be part of a promotional campaign).
    I’d be in for a community lead event, and would love to assist. I’ll look up these LOTRO reporter folks and see if they want to get something going.
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

AWWW! Super sad there will be no LOTRO at PAX, it is one of the few games I play.

Guess I'm getting too old to hang out with the cool nerds at PAX Prime.

I was really looking forward to another fun party or at least some booth space.

Also makes me sad that Turbine doesn't seem value the game enough to have a presence at one of the biggest (if not the biggest) gaming conventions in the world.

LOTRO reporter already has a meetup planned, actually. They're going to be at the Elephant and Castle at 1415 5th avenue in downtown Seattle on Thursday. See the link below for more information.

http://mmoreporter.com/pax/

I really would like liked to go, but I can't really hack a Thursday when I have work the next day. :P They would have booked it for Friday, but they were expecting Turbine to throw a bash then, and now it's probably too late to change it.

What I propose is this: go to the LOTRO Reporter bash if you can make it, and then interested parties can pick Friday or Saturday night to go meet up at the AFK Tavern (http://www.afktavern.com/) in Everett. It's a bit of a drive, but it is WELL worth it, trust me.
    Chastine BaneJones, Leader of Dont Tempt Me Frodo, Silverlode/Landroval @DTMF_Chastine

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarlothien View Post
    LOTRO reporter already has a meetup planned, actually. They're going to be at the Elephant and Castle at 1415 5th avenue in downtown Seattle on Thursday. See the link below for more information.

http://mmoreporter.com/pax/

I really would like liked to go, but I can't really hack a Thursday when I have work the next day. :P They would have booked it for Friday, but they were expecting Turbine to throw a bash then, and now it's probably too late to change it.

What I propose is this: go to the LOTRO Reporter bash if you can make it, and then interested parties can pick Friday or Saturday night to go meet up at the AFK Tavern (http://www.afktavern.com/) in Everett. It's a bit of a drive, but it is WELL worth it, trust me.
    Well then I say you all invade! Make a lot of noise, get a lot of pics and tweet them using the #LOTRO tag. We'll RT the really good ones.

And, if they get enough invites from LOTRO players, I'll make sure they're are some LOTRO prizes for them to give away at their event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Well then I say you all invade! Make a lot of noise, get a lot of pics and tweet them using the #LOTRO tag. We'll RT the really good ones.

And, if they get enough invites from LOTRO players, I'll make sure they're are some LOTRO prizes for them to give away at their event.
    Hey all! We are having a party, and we always have a strong LOTRO contingent out. It's one of my favorite parts of PAX!

We hang out, drink, records a live podcast, drink some more, and have an all around good time. I love giving out prizes. Check out the details at mmoreporter.com/pax

If you're planning on attending, please RSVP to mmo.reporter@gmail.com so that we know how many people are coming, and home many prizes we need to get!

So, come, hang out, and have fun!

Chris
    Check out the LOTRO Reporter site at:
    www.lotroreporter.com
    You can also find us here:
    Twitter Facebook iTunes

Unhappy I has a sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarlothien View Post
    Dang. I live in Everett, but could only get Thursday and Monday off (I work nights, and weekends are the busy nights). So I'll be at the meet-up, but couldn't make it to the AFK Tavern (still haven't gotten there - never wanted to go alone).
    Avowulf, Avodir, Avodoc, Avoin, Avorond, Avoborn, Avorin, Avogar, Avowald, Avobert
    (all in Mabo Lanc on Landroval)
    "Reality: What a gyp."--Dogbert

I'm very sad to hear that LOTRO isn't going to be at PAX this year That is my main reason for going. I love getting signatures on my shirt.

I'll be going to the Thursday fun night at the Elephant and Castle. Chris and Sallennia are a lot of fun

If there is going to be a Friday/Saturday night meet in Everett...My husband and I could make that also

Blackberry
    Hobbits are WONDERFUL

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to Seattle, only been here for 3 months, and it just now occurred to me to find other LOTRO players in the city to try and meet up with.

Sadly I can't make the PAX meetup since I work until 9pm most nights during the weekdays, and only have weekends off. But I would just love to touch base and meet people in the city, if any hang-outs happen, or just gaming on LOTRO of course. I'd love to meet some new people.

anyway, it's a bit off topic, but I figured why start another thread

~ Jen

I'll check with the family on the Thursday night thing. I would be able to do the Friday gig in Everett. It helps that I live there.
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

Hello Shouriel Welcome to Washington I don't live in Seattle, sorry. What server are you on? I'm on Brandywine.

webrender... do you know if anyone has put together a meeting in Everett yet? There was a suggestion to meet at the AFK Tavern on Friday or Saturday... My husband and I would go if a date and time is picked out. I've never been there so I wouldn't be any help We live east of Everett, so it's about an hour drive for us. Not too far to meet other LOTRO people.

Cool

Welp, since I was the one to suggest it, I guess I oughta. Like. Make it happen!

Is everyone okay with Saturday? Friday is fine for me as well, if that would be better. So that would be either August 30th or 31st. We can discuss what might be best. I'm betting the AFK will be pretty lively, since this is of course the weekend of PAX. (For those of you who have never been, the AFK is a Destination Bar for nerds. Some people even come in from out of state and things!)

I am available for either day. I'd suggest meeting up in the bar area, around 7:00 or 8:00pm, regardless of the day. We also need to figure out a way to identify one another. Any suggestions there?

Quote Originally Posted by AmAvocet View Post
    Dang. I live in Everett, but could only get Thursday and Monday off (I work nights, and weekends are the busy nights). So I'll be at the meet-up, but couldn't make it to the AFK Tavern (still haven't gotten there - never wanted to go alone).
    Don't has too much of a sad! According to this thread there are kind of a lot of us in the area! We could absolutely do this again. Honestly I'll use any excuse to go to the AFK.

I talked with my husband and oldest son...They would prefer Friday night at the AFK Tavern.

Husband and son both suggested wearing LOTRO shirts or gear...We have lots of LOTRO shirts from the years we have attended PAX.

Looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Gynger View Post
    I talked with my husband and oldest son...They would prefer Friday night at the AFK Tavern.

Husband and son both suggested wearing LOTRO shirts or gear...We have lots of LOTRO shirts from the years we have attended PAX.

Looking forward to this
    Awesome! One vote for Friday August 30th.

I don't personally own any LOTRO gear, but I MIGHT still have enough spirit gum to tack on my elf ears. We'll see.

Glad you said something about bringing your son, Gyng. Not sure how old he is, but that reminds me- children are NOT allowed in the bar and deck areas. If you want to bring your kids, that's entirely up to you, but you might have to try and get a table. Which can be tricky on a Friday night. Just saying.
    Chastine BaneJones, Leader of Dont Tempt Me Frodo, Silverlode/Landroval @DTMF_Chastine

The son that will be coming with us is 31 and he'll also have his wife with him. She's over 21 also *grins* Yes, I'm teasing you a bit.

I do understand why you said it tho. You don't know what my age is or how young my children are. Because we would be going to a tavern, my 16yo will be at work. He's a bit disappointed that all the LOTRO meets are at taverns/pubs but he's accepting of it since he hasn't been able to attend one in a few years. When LOTRO first started having the Meet-N-Greets at Game Stop, it was held in the back of the building (upstairs) and children were allowed to come. They enjoyed playing the "icebreaker" games *grins* I remember three of the "icebreaker" questions..."Find someone who plays on Silverlode", Find someone with the title 'The Naughty'", and "Find someone who still plays on dial-up". The last one was us. We still had dial-up when we started playing LOTRO. I found someone with the title 'The Naughty' and determined to get that title. *grins real big* My youngest son (he was maybe 12 then) loved the "Creeps, Peeps, and Freeps" game (came close to winning it). We still have the t-shirt too. He could sit with any adult and hold a conversation about LOTRO and knew what he was talking about.

Anyway... We are looking forward to meeting other players again.

Blackberry (Hobbit Minstrel)
    Gynger (Human Lore Mistress)

Well it is starting to sound like Friday night at the AFK is the plan. Avarlothien, since you are running point is there anything you need from me? I like about 5 minutes from the AFK so I can assist. I’ll be out of the area most of Friday during the day but will return for the evening festivities.

We might consider contacting them to let them know there may be a group coming in to visit them.
    Below is a link that explains how to find the place.

http://www.afktavern.com/
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webrender View Post
    Well it is starting to sound like Friday night at the AFK is the plan. Avarlothien, since you are running point is there anything you need from me? I like about 5 minutes from the AFK so I can assist. I’ll be out of the area most of Friday during the day but will return for the evening festivities.

We might consider contacting them to let them know there may be a group coming in to visit them.
    Below is a link that explains how to find the place.

http://www.afktavern.com/
    it would crack me up if it turned out were in the same apartment complex, Web. We only really need to reserve with the AFK if we're planning on reserving a table, which I feel would be slightly silly. IMO, we should think about just chilling in the bar area, and not messing with their inevitable Friday rush by monopolizing a table or two for several hours. The people who work at the AFK are nice people who deserve all the tips, and I really don't want to screw that up for them. So let's keep to casual, maybe.

I am perfectly okay with Friday the 30th starting at 7:00pm until people want to leave. How about everyone else?

Gyng: kinda figured your son was of age, but that needed to be said for the people who don't neccessarily think this stuff through. These people exist. And it makes me sad.

Smile

Web (and Gyng too I guess): if you want to help out, the best and easiest way would be for you to talk to your kinships or friends, or if you have a Facebook group for your kinship or server, or if you're part of a cool enough kinship that has its own forum, tell them about this. As of right now, including myself, we have about 6 confirmed. It might be nice to have a few more than that. XD

I've shot out notifications to a Silverlode and a Landroval Facebook group I'm part of, and I'm about to make a post on the Lonely Mountain Band's guildlaunch forum. Get them feelers out there!

Executive decision: Friday August 30th, 7:00pm, AFK Tavern in Everett Washington. Meet at the bar area. Wear LOTRO gear if you've got it. If not, look for the folks that do.

Again: shoutouts to your LOTRO friends are encouraged.

Let's all get tipsy and sing Hobbit songs together!

There is nothing quite like an executive decision to get a ball rolling! Thank you Avarlothien for that bold and courageous decision!
    I’ll start spreading the word here.

So now that we have a plan do we think there is a shot at Sapience providing any swag for us to hand out????

…and as for the hobbit songs……

you can search far an wide
    you can drink the whole town dry
    but you'll never find a beer so brown
    but you'll never find a beer so brown
    as the one we drink in our home town
    as the one we drink in our home town
    you can drink your fancy ales
    you can drink em by the flagon
    but the only brew for the brave and true...
    comes from the green dragon
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

I wouldn't mind passing out some merch, definitely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast