We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    The Battle for Helm’s Deep utilizes a new feature called Character Upscaling. When you join an instance in the Battle for Helm’s Deep we scale your character’s stats and skills to level 95. Your equipment is scaled as well, with the level differential between you and the equipment being maintained through the upscaling.
    With everyone now being the same level, 95, groups can be assembled from anyone on the server available to play. While an upscaled 95 will be less powerful than a true 95, through the Medals system they will still be able to meaningfully contribute.

I guess I'm having a real hard time believing this whopper. There seems to be no way this could ever ring true. Unless it is a face-roll of epic proportions. Then why would you do it more than once unless the best armor was tediously hidden behind it. Sounds like it won't drop FA symbols so why even run it? I'm already at the point where I won't preorder it(waiting for the sale and only paying tps for it) I won't even play in a group that isn't already lvl95. No upscalers because it seems counter-intuitive. It just has the feel of super lame. I also had this feeling for hytbolt and Mounted Combat and my feeling was 100% accurate there!

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    I guess I'm having a real hard time believing this whopper. There seems to be no way this could ever ring true. Unless it is a face-roll of epic proportions. Then why would you do it more than once unless the best armor was tediously hidden behind it. Sounds like it won't drop FA symbols so why even run it?
    Later in the thread there was an answer. Basically, you have to stop thinking of quests, instances, etc. in a strictly Pass/Fail fashion (either you win or you fail). Now, you can pass, but very poorly -- get a D -- and get mediocre prizes, or you can do more than just survive and triumph but also accomplish a ton of other objectives -- get an A -- and get much higher quality prizes. That's how an upscaled level 10 with only a few skills (but scaled up) will not be discouraged by constant failures, but also won't be getting the good stuff, while a well-practiced team of coordinated endgame players will still be able to face real challenges and get corresponding prizes. It's really a very clever solution; it lets Turbine sell their expansion to not just newbies, not just endgamers, but everyone at once.

I just took my time and read this threat and other with reference to HD..

And what i can see is the END of LOTRO Raiding Community.
    It may be a good idea to launch a new instance set up, it maybe good to force us to relearn how to play our classes with new trait lines, but neither of those will make any raider left in the game happy.

Problems:
    - "New trait lines = Mounted Combat trait lines" : looks ike they will use the exact same configuration of points for it, and that means most people (talking about dps) will get use to a particular trait set up in 1 week and wont change it at all for raids, or other content, or necesity of a particular role/function, they will stay with that traitline and do Aoe, or single dps with out changing nothing. Why? beacuse looks and its real limit the changes we can do in order to get the final trait lines we want or need, on personal opinion, i play several clases and theres no class role on any raid were i dont trait a specific way with several traits of different trees if needed, with new system of ponts this will not be an option.

- "Big Battles" = as a pre end game instances raids and endgame gear, im a total yes, but as THE endgame i say, are you kidding me? you guys dont learn of previus mistakes? (Erebor Raids, already killed half the raiding community if not more, beacuse of a 10minutes raids, with absurbs mechanics based on luck, a absurb loot system that have magical preference to the farmer that does 200+ sambrogs or 200+ t1 then the raid kin works out for challenges...)
    Problems with this new end game:

1) the LAG!!! (How Turbine will support this if we get server lag, for example, Fornost Fire, Flight T2, and list goes on...)
    2) if that not enought, then, Whats the purpose of getting to 95 if you can DO the endgame as a lvl 10?, even if you can, who will be that dumb to lvl up doing 10.000 quests if they can do it doing the endgame stuff (endgame is lvl 10 now...)
    3) if you get revamp to lvl 95, even your gear, that means any noob will want to leech from a 95 group, people will not figure out how to play thier clases well, get virtues, or any of the current game end raiding needs.
    4) If you can do the endgame as Solo, and assure your endgame gear, etc...Why would people will group up as a raid and risk to waste time to get nothing in a luck based system taking longer to accomplish.
    5) Continue with a Luck based system = BAD...
    6) Not making Tiers or making the new system difficult over time, will mean people will farm it over and over again and in 1 month they will get tired (and if have LUCK... Get their gear) and dont do it again and leave game for lack of content.
    7) Scaling up old raids its NOT a solution... Yes it maybe cool to do the oldschool stuff at lvl, but the strategies and the effort taken to get it done is all about remember how you accomplish challenge on the past or how to deal with the bugs and broken stuff scaling it up bringed.

So, just to not be that negative will add what as a active member in the game (with actual 5 lvl 85 mobs, with endgame gear), with experience in moors, so not just talking as a raider.
    1) If you guys going to apply this new system, please dont add it to all lvls, just to lvl 95 (endgame).
    2) if you guys going to apply a new trait lines trees, please make sure to make it flexible, and not 1 trait line only per choose...(requierements of points in a traitline = bad)
    3) I may be ok this big battle to be something like what draigoch was, something before the actual raid.
    4) get rid of luck based system, get back to barter loot system where best endgame stuff drop in the most difficult challenges. Whats the point right now to get Erebor challenges if you get same loot doing several t1 that take less time and barting the First age symbols on Skirm camp... NOT EVERYONE IN THE GAME CAN OR SHOULD HAVE THE ENDGAME GEAR, dismotivates people to run and get harder stuff for nothing at all while noobs that dont even read thier skills have same or better gear.
    5) Get Locks back on... Prevents farming, and keeps the raiding community happier for longer with the same content.
    6) NO MORE dailies... Just dont, i believe everyone is tired of them.
    7) Create a new traditional raid, example OD, BG, ToO. No more Single bosses 10minute raids.
    8) Dont ask if you havent check house first, what i mean is before applying something requieres players better system performance, FIX your problems with servers LAG, game BUGS, etc.
    9) about moors, i think its about time to add a instance system for moors were Creeps fight for some objective against freeps. (Simple capture flag for example), if dont trust me, go check WOW PvP instance they are way more funner and when i was there i could stay playing that all day, LOTRO moors not a bad idea but has been same since creation, needs a revamp.

And again, your free to do what ever you guys think is better for game, but as i can see it and thinking on past this will be the end of all remaining raid comunity for not listening players opinions.

I personally cannot wait for this! The big battles are some of lotros biggest events.
    I just hope my computer can handle that many characters on screen at once.

Sorry if this was answered already, couldn't find it.

It was mentioned before that the instances (as we have them now) are among the most expensive content in the game. On the same 'scale', where do Big Battles stand?

arnaque

moi j'aurai une 21 question: j'en ai mare que l'on se fiche de moi: j'ai acheté toutes les extentions une part une et a chaque fois peut de temps apres ya une nouvelle promo et je ne suis pas rembourser
    la je viens d'acheter le rohan et boum ya le goufre qui sort alors je me retrouve avec 5200 point turbine en trop car je devrais la payer plus chere que les autres sans aucun bonus de precommande !
    jai payer 120 ce jeu alors que j'aurais du payer 60 avec le gouffre et 'la super reduction du nouveau pack' !
    ce jeu est genial mais turbine prend ses clients pour des pigeons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    alors comment on fait pour obtenir les bonus que l'on devrait avoir mais que l'on na toujours pas ?!

Quote Originally Posted by LOUEN View Post
    moi j'aurai une 21 question: j'en ai mare que l'on se fiche de moi: j'ai acheté toutes les extentions une part une et a chaque fois peut de temps apres ya une nouvelle promo et je ne suis pas rembourser
    la je viens d'acheter le rohan et boum ya le goufre qui sort alors je me retrouve avec 5200 point turbine en trop car je devrais la payer plus chere que les autres sans aucun bonus de precommande !
    jai payer 120 ce jeu alors que j'aurais du payer 60 avec le gouffre et 'la super reduction du nouveau pack' !
    ce jeu est genial mais turbine prend ses clients pour des pigeons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    alors comment on fait pour obtenir les bonus que l'on devrait avoir mais que l'on na toujours pas ?!
    Can anyone translate this please? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    Can anyone translate this please? ;D
    Ran it through Google translate and got this mess........

"I'll have a 21 question: I have one mare that cares about me: I bought all the extensions one hand and each time after time can have a new promo and I'm not payingI just bought the Rohan and the boom is the gulf that out then I end up with 5200 points turbine too because I should pay more expensive than other no preorder bonus!
    jai pay 120 this game when I could pay 60 of the abyss and 'the new super discount pack'!
    this game's great but turbine takes its customers for pigeons!!!!!!!!!
    then how do you get the bonus that we should have but we still did not!"

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    Te.

I guess I'm having a real hard time believing this whopper. There seems to be no way this could ever ring true. Unless it is a face-roll of epic proportions. Then why would you do it more than once unless the best armor was tediously hidden behind it. Sounds like it won't drop FA symbols so why even run it?
    Well lets see here..lotro is a game..and games are meant to be fun...HMM...I wonder?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

So why can't a also upscaled (to 95) Soldier be used -at least for the solo player?
    I read in the 20 Questions, that DUO is the lowest possible group (but before the "instance"launcher -DUO- it says 1/2). So as a pure solo player you need to have state-of-the-art equipment (according to your level) to do the Battles?

Also the Equipment is upscaled, even stuff far under the current level (for example legendary items x levels below the own)?
    Last edited by Sentusar; Sep 20 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentusar View Post
    So why can't a also upscaled (to 95) Soldier be used -at least for the solo player?
    I read in the 20 Questions, that DUO is the lowest possible group (but before the "instance"launcher -DUO- it says 1/2). So as a pure solo player you need to have state-of-the-art equipment (according to your level) to do the Battles?

Also the Equipment is upscaled, even stuff far under the current level (for example legendary items x levels below the own)?
    I don't know how LIs will be handled in the context of upscaling, but your other concern is not necessary. It was said that the 1/2 version of Epic Battles is adjusted for solo play. The joining of a second player (for duo) will not increase the difficulty. So, consider it like 'normal' for solo and 'easy' for duo. Considering the latest development of the game, I'd speculate that in no way whatsoever you'll need ''state-of-the-art equipment'' for anything in Epic Battles, at all.
    Whether you'll be allowed to use the skirmish soldier in Epic Battles I have no idea, but I'd prefer not to.

I have a question about platinum rewards from big battles and the RNG on Gold Item Rewards. I have acquired 201 platinum medals through big battles on just my Burglar alone, almost have the full board plat'ed aside from the still bugged quests, and have not received to this point a Gold Item (Crit) version of the platinum reward. My question is: Is this a normal drop rate for these rewards and if so would not a barter system make more sense? If this is not a normal drop rate, can someone please check on this as I feel I am grinding for no apparent reason.
    Xcelion / Nucleus (Firefoot Server)
    "You Should have seen your Face, HAAAAA, Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by wsnyderco View Post
    I have a question about platinum rewards from big battles and the RNG on Gold Item Rewards. I have acquired 201 platinum medals through big battles on just my Burglar alone, almost have the full board plat'ed aside from the still bugged quests, and have not received to this point a Gold Item (Crit) version of the platinum reward. My question is: Is this a normal drop rate for these rewards and if so would not a barter system make more sense? If this is not a normal drop rate, can someone please check on this as I feel I am grinding for no apparent reason.
    Just like in RoR "gold" rewards are completely subject to the random number generator therefore there is no drop rate. You can get a 1000 platin rewards without a single gold item, or get 3 gold items in a row, it's a total lottery with unknown rules and winchances (it's impossible to get significant empirical data on this as a player to make any conclusions on drop chances). Many people have argued for a barter system for the last year, so far with little results (maybe the overpriced barter vendor for the teal items is a result of it).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by wsnyderco View Post
    No new raids in 2014 so keeping us interested in endgame content with more grinding, only 2 Gold items per character to date, perhaps when they add more Gold items, higher chance of Gold drops?

Endgame grind and/or level alts, MMO way of life, though no new raids for over a year means same old content, if gear upgrades are a primary motivator the experience may be less than enjoyable, enjoy your journey.
    Breron/Gojespin/Kilawen/Lynnawen/Mayawen

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22