We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Question Twenty Questions – Helm’s Deep Expansion. Ask your own question!

We’ve pulled questions from the community and player council for our previous 20 Questions features, but this time around we want you to tell us, directly, what you’d like to know about the Helm’s Deep expansion. We’ll select at least 20 of the most frequently asked questions and answer them in our next 20 Questions feature.

We do have a few requirements.

• Keep your questions brief and to the point. We don’t need a lot of back story or editorial, just ask the question.
    • Please do not ask compound or multi-part questions.
    • Make sure you are asking a question. Lengthy opinions that end in a question mark aren’t questions.
    • Please limit your questions to the Helm’s Deep Expansion.

You have until Noon Eastern Time on Monday September 23 to ask your questions. Then we’ll compile them, answer them, and post them for everyone to read as quickly as we can.

EyeSlayer600 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Guardian of Middle-earth

Exclamation

Would it be better to buy the Base Edition + Legendary Item Pack or the Premium Edition + Legendary Item Pack.

Will we hear any new info on the housing update soon before the release of Helms Deep?
    If you are going to be bad, be bad with purpose, otherwise your just not worth Forgiving

Damon Salvatore

What adjustments are being made to PvMP?

When is the next multi-boss raid scheduled to be released, will it be with the expansion?
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

Are there plans to add more older raids to be scaled as part of HD? Specifically will the Moria runs, GA, and/or the Isenguard instances become scalable with this expansion?

virtues and other traits

with the class traits becoming skill trees, what will be happening to racial traits and virtues, and will legendary class traits also become part of the skill trees?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000146469/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

With many new players joining for Helm's Deep, will there be a 'server channel'?

I played lotro for a year before discovering our player made 'globallff' channel on Evernight. Since, I have been able to ask questions that have helped me progress, and joined many raids as a result of being able to make more connections and friendships.

The issue we currently have is getting more people to know of globallff, and I believe having a default channel for the server that we opt out of, instead of opt into, would be a great feature for new players. Though, for the sake of not reading spam and being confused, the new server channel could appear in a new tab by default.

Have there been any discussions of this happening in the new expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by spongedarksquarepants View Post
    Will we hear any new info on the housing update soon before the release of Helms Deep?
    Sorry, but that is not a HD question. But I'm curious about housing, too. But first HD, then housing.

Is the /follow command going to be brought back when HD launches. I am a boxer and not going to buy HD if it does not?

Can we get some more specs about the new trait tree and how it will affect our classes?

How many (if any) multi-boss, not single boss, raids are planned to be released in Helm's Deep?
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by spongedarksquarepants View Post
    I have been excited about the HD coming but I was also exciting about the housing update and still nothing yet for it, will it come out with HD?

Any changes to PvMP in HD?

*Ahem* Threat Revamp?
    Lythiea of Dwarrowdelf, Member of Asylum - R8 85 RK
    Alts: Selenicereus, 85 guard, Castria, 85 cap, Fiordiligi, 82 LM, Minilyth, 75 mini, and Lythfiler, r6 filer.

Threat

What exactly are the changes to threat mechanics?

There have been mention of changes to the way threat will be operating in HD, but nothing clear.

What was the rationale behind the changes to the threat system / in what ways will it improve the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    • Keep your questions brief and to the point. We don’t need a lot of back story or editorial, just ask the question.
    How many times did you write-delete-rewrite-delete "damn" just before "question" in the above line? =P

How will loot/rewards be handled in the context of the Epic Battles? Will there be token drops with a barter system, or specific gear drops for the different-sized Battles?

Eh anyway I can get the helm's deep expansion for someone else without knowing their account and password?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000000a17f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Any changes (or a return) to hunter solo survivability coming any time soon?

Will there be more multi-boss or "traditional" style raids in future expansions?

What kind of rewards can we expect to see with raid size Epic Battles and how will the rewards differ from those that solo players receive?
    Arkenstone
    Dobraine - Warden \ ?Fujii - Rune Keeper \ Glacial - Burglar \ Valkyrion - Captain \ Dobeorn- Beorning
    Dobralin - Minstrel \ Vatti
    - Lore Master \ Flurri - Champion \ Dob - Hunter \ Cruxius - Guardian

Some questions:

Given the changes to the traits & skills that have been talked about, I'm assuming that legendary item legacies will also be adjusted. As a lot of players undertake a significant grind to get their LI's the way that they want them, how are the changes there going to be implemented - will we have to completely regrind to get the preferred mix again, and spend a large number of marks/medallions in order to get their LI's back to approximately where they were?

At the relicmaster vendor, will there be an option to 'Combine All' and/or a 'Decon All' ability?

For crafting, as I'm assuming that there will be a new tier of crafting, will there also be a new tier for reputation in the crafting guilds?

Could we please have a dev diary to talk about the threat management changes?

Will the virtue cap be raised?

For PvMP, why can creeps not have the expanded quest cap that comes for freeps with the HD expansion?

For PvMP, will the level cap of Audacity be raised?
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

Will we get sneak peeks of the new class trees prior to launch?

What's a Nubian?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast