We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    They almost certainly won't disallow it. Almost no game has ever done this. Instead it means that if you are below the "recommended" requirements and you have poor performance, then it is to be expected. The point is to not look at the 6 year old requirements and expect that an average computer from 6 years ago will handle Helms Deep smoothly.
    Thank you Grimdi and Lohi. My main concern is that one of my systems was brand new the year the game was released. I have upgraded the RAM to the max (4 GB), and it runs LOTRO well right now, though not as smoothly as my newer system. If that system isn't going to run LOTRO in a month, maybe I should be more concerned with replacing it before purchasing the new expansion. Any suggestions on what might need to be upgraded to make HD playable or will I probably need to scrap the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    Thank you Grimdi and Lohi. My main concern is that one of my systems was brand new the year the game was released. I have upgraded the RAM to the max (4 GB), and it runs LOTRO well right now, though not as smoothly as my newer system. If that system isn't going to run LOTRO in a month, maybe I should be more concerned with replacing it before purchasing the new expansion. Any suggestions on what might need to be upgraded to make HD playable or will I probably need to scrap the system?
    That's the same age as my old computer, which was not able to run RoR. I hadn't upgraded the RAM, so that's probably what's keeping you going so far. When you say "runs LOTRO well" do you include Rohan and Wildermore? My old system was fine in the earlier zones. Is your OS 32-bit or 64-bit? If the latter, you have a decent chance of being able to run HD; if the former then you almost certainly had to apply ChromiteSwiftpaw's workaround to run Rohan without constant crashing, and I would not bet on you being able to run HD.

My short version of LOTRO's true system requirements based on my own experience is that you need a 64-bit OS, at least 4 GB RAM (8 GB would be better), and a decent-ish graphics card. The latter has never been a limiting factor for me - I'd upgraded to something pretty recent on my old computer - so I can't offer much in the way of specifics there. If you're still using a 2007-era graphics card, though, that would be a problem... Turbine's official minimum and recommended system specs are laughably out of date (my old computer greatly exceeded their "recommended" specs), so I read that particular entry in the 20 Questions as just meaning that they're going to try to bring the official specs into line with the game as it currently exists.

No need to decide between buying HD or replacing your computer right now. Wait until Nov. 18, log in, run around for a while in the new zones, see if your fps are terrible (fiddle with lowered graphics settings, iterate, etc.), see if you crash, tag some new stables and see the new sights while you're at it. Then if you find that it's playable, buy the expansion, if not, don't. That's exactly what I did with RoR last year, and it worked out fine. Would have been nice if it had been playable on the old computer, but there were plenty of single player games to keep me busy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    That's the same age as my old computer, which was not able to run RoR. I hadn't upgraded the RAM, so that's probably what's keeping you going so far. When you say "runs LOTRO well" do you include Rohan and Wildermore? My old system was fine in the earlier zones. Is your OS 32-bit or 64-bit? If the latter, you have a decent chance of being able to run HD; if the former then you almost certainly had to apply ChromiteSwiftpaw's workaround to run Rohan without constant crashing, and I would not bet on you being able to run HD.
    That system had a fair amount of difficulty with RoR until I upgraded the RAM. Now it is running 32 bit XP, 4 GB RAM, and an old ATI Radeon x300/x550/x1050 series video card. Since I added RAM it lags during mounted combat only occasionally (which has rarely been an issue) when my other PC is having no problems, but it tends to load faster when traveling than my newer system. On rare occasions the system freezes and needs a restart, this is usually when trying to do festivals on the first day of the event or loading in a high traffic area. For the most part we've had little to no issues doing everything in RoR. We have only ventured through Wildermore a few times and we had no trouble there at all.

Glad to hear it seems like the discussed increases of system requirements will probably be a recommendation. If I do run into issues with HD hopefully it is only in that area or only when attempting Epic Battles, leaving the majority of the game open to continue enjoying.

Did we ever get an official comment about the festival currency unification?

Please forgive me if this has already been covered. I read that there will be a seals reset. Will there also be a marks & medallions reset?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5