We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    The Promotions advancement system is level agnostic...
    This is the first I can recall hearing of such a thing, I just double-checked, no hint in the 20Q on Big Battles from two months ago...aside from the obvious, what might the "Promotions advancement system" be, and how will it impact a character, both within Big Battles and without?
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I still don't understand the threat changes, and I'd like more tangible information than just 'simplifying', especially as it applies to dps classes. In fact, a change like this probably merits a developer diary of its own, but in the absence of that, how about some details here?

And:

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I'm glad Turbine is still reevaluating this. However, I'd like to know if my computer meets the new minimum or recommended requirements before I think about purchasing an expansion. I don't want to buy something my computer won't be able to handle.

If I'm satisfied with how my computer performs now with the content in the Riders of Rohan expansion, should I expect similar performance in Helm's Deep? Or could things like Epic Battles push my computer beyond its limits?
    ^^This.

@Easca-

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q29: Lethallethality: Will Big Battles be considered a part of the quest pack or will they be treated as instances and raids have been treated in the past, and be required to be purchased separately or via the full expansion?
    A29: [/B]Since there will not be separate quest packs for Helm’s Deep™, Big Battles will only be accessible to those who purchase the full expansion.
    It looks like there will only be one option for Helms deep. The full expansion. Just like DDO's current expansion CONTENT.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

@ Crell_1

Thanks, but I'd already gotten as far as that by reading through the questions.

What I wanted to know was if it really has to be in such a way that we can't i.e. buy the Big Battles separately? And if the Big Battle is the only main feature of Helm's Deep (unlike RoR which had several raids in addition to the mounted combat)?

Subsequent edit: Wow, that is the best winking emoticon so far to really convey what I imagine myself doing when winking.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Q31: Cheery: Will there be expanded use of Mithril Coins?
    A31: Amlug: Mithril coins will be expanded to include: new Housing Storage slots, trait tree configurations, and new barter vendors in the newbie areas.
    I had to laugh at this. Let's train 'em young to use the Turbine Store, heh.

But the barter vendors does sound like a cool idea!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"][B]Galx[/B][/COLOR] (85 Champ) - [COLOR="#EE82EE"][B]Galxim[/B][/COLOR] (85 Runekeeper) - [COLOR="#EE82EE"][B]Galxette[/B][/COLOR] (85 Guard)
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"][B]Galxar[/B][/COLOR] (75 Captain) - [COLOR="#EE82EE"][B]Galxor[/B][/COLOR] (75 Warden) on [COLOR="#FFFF00"][B]Arkenstone[/B][/COLOR]
    Kinship: [COLOR="#00FF00"][B]The Meaning of Haste[/B][/COLOR]

Threat

Q15: Mirnir: What was the rationale behind the changes to the threat system / in what ways will it improve the game?
    A15: HoarseDev: Our threat system as it exists on live pre u12 is largely invisible to players and if you saw under the hood you would likely not be pleased. Rather than expose it, and seeing as we were making fundamental changes to how character builds function, we decided to simplify it. Choosing a tank specialization will give you a tangible amount of threat. We will still have forced taunts, but whether or not something multiplies your damage (which differs from character to character) times a strange number modified by another strange number will be irrelevant.
    Probably cause my English suck, but I have no idea what is this mean.

I may have missed it, or it may have been in a pevious 20Q, but how are these class changes going to affect PvMP ? Are there any plans to change the creep classes so that they don't get slaughtered even stepping foot out of Grams ?

8. Oct 03 2013, 08:23 PM

Widoch is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Q:36 Grimdi: Will there be a seals reset at HD launch?
    A36:jwbarry: Yes. We’ll also be evaluating the sources of seals and the quantities and frequencies with which they’re delivered through those means.
    So, will the level 85 barter content be adjusted to use Marks and Medallions before you take away my time and hard work to gather the seals I need for gear? Because I'd be really pissed off if the update came out, and I noticed all my seals were gone and my level 84 alt didn't get his first age weapon at 85 even though I've been working for weeks to get it.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    Probably cause my English suck, but I have no idea what is this mean.
    They are simplifying the threat system because it's extremely hard to handle at the moment... That's pretty much all I got from it.

Thank you Turbine, for the 20Q's, and the choice to make things simpler! Let's hope it leads to less work load, and more content! Woo!!

Glorgnorbor
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    I count five, not eight.
    They might be keeping the other 3 a secret!!! Gah, Turbine! So stealthy!!!!

Should rename to:

Turbine:
    "Powered by our stealth"

Glorgnorbor
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxiana View Post
    I had to laugh at this. Let's train 'em young to use the Turbine Store, heh.

But the barter vendors does sound like a cool idea!
    The only question?

What secrets will these barterers hold for us?

Glorgnorbor

I. A response regarding seals.
    Try to get your final seals/the symbol before the update if you want to blow them away on a FA for some strange reason. What is likely to happen, as has happened repeatedly in the past, is no, seals turn into medallions, and you can't get the symbols. This doesn't get fixed in the patch a week or two after the expansion, but a month or so after at the first update. But just note, why would you want a first age item on a level 85 that will soon be replacing it with a third age at 90? Then they'll get a third age at 95 and subsequently a second age at 95.

II. On threat.
    The answer meant a lot to me. Previously the system had a base value of threat and perceived threat. That would be one of the "times a strange number" things answered I believe. It was really simple, using a skill generated an amount of threat times the perceived threat factor. MOBs attacked whomever was highest on their table of perceived threat values. It's also how the dynamic of tank swapping bosses worked. One tank generates threat above DPSers/healers, other tank copied that threat value (via Engage for guards), switch out of the +perceived threat stance, other tank turns on their perceived threat multiplying stance, voilà, boss now attacks them. Easy.

It sounds like they are doing away with perceived threat, "times a strange number will be irrelevant", and say being in a "tank" spec will grant threat. So guards might become nothing more than reactive champions, a DPS playstyle instead of managing threat/tanking. It'll be interesting to see if the warden dev diary follows similar suit, in eliminating the threat traitline. The captain dev diary only talked about forced taunts, nothing regarding Captanks' previous threat skills. The burglar diary didn't mention anything about their threat skills/tanking contributions at all. It's possible all the interaction of grouping will be dissolved.

Edit to add: It'll really suck if MOBs pop up and instead of charging for the healer, go directly to the tank without them doing anything.

III. On number of instances.
    I note it really comes down to there being only two group instances, one six-person and one raid, all the others are basically solo/duo. (Technically there is a three-person listed, but folks aren't going to be posting in LFF 2/3 since they can just duo it, so there are only two group instances in practice.)
    Last edited by RJFerret; Oct 03 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Threat

Q15: Mirnir:
    What was the rationale behind the changes to the threat system / in what ways will it improve the game?
    A15: HoarseDev: Our threat system as it exists on live pre u12 is largely invisible to players and if you saw under the hood you would likely not be pleased. Rather than expose it, and seeing as we were making fundamental changes to how character builds function, we decided to simplify it. Choosing a tank specialization will give you a tangible amount of threat. We will still have forced taunts, but whether or not something multiplies your damage (which differs from character to character) times a strange number modified by another strange number will be irrelevant.

How does this affect Wardens? Wardens have no 'force taunts' and (on live) build threat via over-time gambits or a small to medium amount at a time. Will warden skills be turned into force taunts? Or, essentially, will mobs think that 'oh that guys looks bad, lets attack him' any time someone is tank traited? This also brings up the matter of aggro swaps, like the Boss of ToO lightning wing or the Boss of OD fear wing. If threat is being a passive that messes up that kind of mechanic.
    Arkenstone
    Dobraine - Warden \ ?Fujii - Rune Keeper \ Glacial - Burglar \ Valkyrion - Captain \ Dobeorn- Beorning
    Dobralin - Minstrel \ Vatti
    - Lore Master \ Flurri - Champion \ Dob - Hunter \ Cruxius - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    How does this affect Wardens? Wardens have no 'force taunts' and (on live) build threat via over-time gambits or a small to medium amount at a time. Will warden skills be turned into force taunts? Or, essentially, will mobs think that 'oh that guys looks bad, lets attack him' any time someone is tank traited? This also brings up the matter of aggro swaps, like the Boss of ToO lightning wing or the Boss of OD fear wing. If threat is being a passive that messes up that kind of mechanic.
    Exactly my thoughts. Can a dev please clarify? Is threat becoming a passive thing you trait or is it still tied to active skills?
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Q28: Cheekster: How many Turbine points will you be charging for the full Expansion and, will there be multiple zones within HD that will be purchased seperately i.e broken down into smaller quest pack areas?
    A28:
    Helm’s Deep™ expansion will cost 4295 Turbine Points in-game. Multiple zones will not be broken down into smaller quest packs.
    Will the expansion be available in the in-game store before launch?
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

I really worry that they will need to revise many of the solo quests. Some of them are really difficult for some classes on live. I worry specializing classes could make them even harder in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by q945 View Post
    Will the expansion be available in the in-game store before launch?
    no expansion to this date has been available for pre-order through the in game store with TP so it will be available once Helms deep launchs

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    How about the +10 Quest slots? Will these be available for separate purchase? If so at what price? Will it be an Account or character level purchase?
    I suspect so. Note that those are NOT a part of the expansion, those were just bonuses for some tiers of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    I count five, not eight. Extra tasks dont make an extra instance,
    The other three are NOT just the same instance with extra tasks. The 3/6/12 person ones will be specifically designed for that size group as has been stated before these 40 questions. That means the differences will be more distinct than that between solo skirmish and raid skirmish.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    I may have missed it, or it may have been in a pevious 20Q, but how are these class changes going to affect PvMP ? Are there any plans to change the creep classes so that they don't get slaughtered even stepping foot out of Grams ?
    I hope this is hte answer you are hoping for -

Q22: Revannos: Is a big reshuffle of the monster classes expected?
    A22: HoarseDev:
    We have added in a second row of corruption slots. Furthermore, some corruptions will have set bonuses when slotted with other related corruptions. Slot three for a small bonus. Slot six to really specialize your build.

As a long serving full time creep player now, I was hoping for a lot more than this to be honest. Very disappointed but have grown accustomed to the huge lack of 'love' given to the creeps. If creeps weren't here then PvMP wouldnt exist.

We are simply glorified NPC's that can fight back with the little skills we are given. So many excuses why things can't be done to help us, improve creeps, or add small things to make it enjoyable on this side of the game. We have just the one map area to explore.
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

Q1: DanteIL: How will loot/rewards be handled in the context of the Epic Battles? Will there be token drops with a barter system, or specific gear drops for the different-sized Battles?

A1: jwbarry: The overall system keeps track, separately for each quality of medal (bronze, silver, gold, platinum), how many medals you’ve earned, with bonuses being added for earning them in group spaces, earning them on the main objective, and earning them for the first time. Each of those is represented by a bar within the Battle for Helm’s Deep UI. When a bar fills, based on your selection, you will either get a class specific piece of set piece jewelry (of quality relating to the medal quality)

So, our golden rings of Rohan will become obsolete then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Easca View Post
    What I wanted to know was if it really has to be in such a way that we can't i.e. buy the Big Battles separately? And if the Big Battle is the only main feature of Helm's Deep (unlike RoR which had several raids in addition to the mounted combat)?
    They've confirmed previously that Big Battles are completely intertwined with the epic story. It is Helm's Deep, after all.

So we are going from 5 12-man instances in ToO, to 3 12-man instances in RoR, to 1 12-man instance in HD? Are you trying to kill big raids all together for the game?

Thanks for these answers. They put me at ease a bit after the vagueness of the dev diaries, which got me worried about the state of the development.

I'd still like to hear more about the new threat system and how it effects the gameplay style of tanking classes. If threat management isn't something a player can master and excel in anymore what will be the new challenge for tanks in group content?
    edit: and for other classes; will it still be challenging to manage damage/healing output when the chance of overtaking a tank's aggro is reduced to almost nothing?
    Last edited by Kalderic; Oct 04 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecro View Post
    So we are going from 5 12-man instances in ToO, to 3 12-man instances in RoR, to 1 12-man instance in HD? Are you trying to kill big raids all together for the game?
    RoI only have 1 raid when it came out: Draigoch. And that was not even planned for RoI. Draigoch was supposed to come earlier. So we can expect more raid will come later. And I'll not expect too much on the new "big brother of skirmish", because with all classes messed up, even the devs cannot sure what each class can do, how they co-operate to others, and how they can deal with the mechanics. And with all these changes, players need to re-learn their class from the beginning again, so veterent or newbie, we all become noob again. So the save way to do this is only create 1 6 man and 1 raid, and make them easy so you dont need any specific class/ability/experience to run. I guess need at least few months for us to get use to, and for the devs to firgure out what need to fix, and what mechanics can work with new classes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast