We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DotN - Dúnedain of the North

Facebook: Dúnedain of the North Facebook Page

We are committed to creating an community atmosphere, where the union, group spirit and cohesion will be part of our kinship.
    The Lore of the Lord of the Rings will be present with Role-playing for create storys full of fantasy, magic, enthralling adventures with mythical beings, heroic deeds, the unity for the sake of a common cause.
    Still, we will focused on enjoy all game content. We have an organized website (kinshipdunedain.net), forum, blog, TS3 private server.
    With your PRECIOUS help, "Dúnedain of the North" kinship will be friendly and great.
    Tenna' ento lye omenta.

Kinship:R10
    Members:1500
    Recruiting: Decision after questionnaire;
    Member Requirements: Member status as a result of register at kinship website and agree with kinship commandments and rules.
    Time Zone: Global (24H Kinship)

Motto : En gwend o ertha - The bond of unity

Rangers colour : Grey

Oficial Kinship Cloak : The Rangers of the North usually wore grey or dark green cloaks with no identifying ornaments except a six-pointed cloak-clasp in the shape of a star, another identifying feature was that all of them wore a green longcoat

Welcome to the Dúnedain of the North!

We hope to make this page a great resource for our kinship members to interact and help each other.
    We encourage all members create some topics about the Dúnedain.
    You will find that our kinship is full of funny and wonderful people who are ready to have fun and share in the experience that LotRO is.

And c'mon, don't be shy - go ahead and take a look around and get to know your kinnies.
    I think you'll find that everyone, are good persons that like play LotRO in community and are friendly and approachable.
    Dúnedain of the North is not a kinship of LotRO-elitists who seem to think that you're worthless as a person if you don't have a lvl cap character decked out in full endgame gear (it is pretty, though, isn't it…).

Anyway…Nah, that's not us at all.
    Instead, we're looking for something different - a carefree and humorous group to belong to.
    To put it another way, we're friends. You might even come to think of us as family.
    Don't worry, though, we're not going to force you into itchy, uncomfortable clothes and force you to go to church
    Waitaminute, where was I? Oh, yeah…

Don't get me wrong, though, we'd love to, and probably will, introduce you to at least a few Mordor inhabitants of the LotRO.
    But don't be scared, we're also likely to be quite happy if you stick them with pointy bits of metal, bludgeon them, and/or rend their souls with darkness from beyond the Mount Doom!
    We'll probably even join in on the fun! We're an adventuring kinship - it's what we do.

But, as should be expected of adventuring kinships, we're diverse.
    Many kinnies are from that big, mysterious planet Earth .
    We're a modern and worldly group, we are - world travellers of both Europe, Africa, Asia, America and Oceania.
    So, what the heck is a curry? How's that health care in Norway?
    Does the sun really shine for a month straight in Alaska?
    Ask the right kinnie and you can get answers to all these questions and a thousand more, probably at least one hundred, maybe even ten!

So stick around and you might learn something…but don't worry, we'll do all we can to prevent you get bored!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Specialone; Oct 09 2013 at 09:13 AM.
    [CENTER]-=0=- Dúnedain of the North -=0=-
    Specialone Fearless - Minstrel - LvL85 - R6
    Thunderone Fearless - RuneKeeper - LvL73
    [/CENTER]

Good luck!

good luck with recruiting.
    Krom of Eldar. Kromiel Rank 14 Captain.

TY my friends , I'm proud to be part of this fantastic community in Withywindle server.
    [/CENTER]

The Dúnedain's Duty - DotN Movie

I have the honor to present the new film of our kinship.
    The Dunedain's Duty. The images were taken of our raids and, of course, the Ettenmoors. Enjoy!

Read more...
    [/CENTER]

The Return of the Dúnadan - DotN Movie

This film is about the choice we all have to do, the way forward, sometimes the meetings with old friends can help immensely.
    [/CENTER]

Easter Event - DotN Movie

[CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJaDY1bcXnc#at=139"]The Return of the Dúnadan[/URL]
    Bestone Fearless - Captain - lvl100 - R10
    Greatone Fearless - Champion - lvl100 - R7
    Shadone Fearless- Burglar - lvl100 - R7
    [/CENTER]

The Fires of Smaug lvl85

Congrats all kinnies who managed to complete it!
    [CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJaDY1bcXnc#at=139"]The Return of the Dúnadan[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Hey all Dunedain of The North!

I'll post here little adventures and stuff that i do in game. Maybe good, maybe bad.. but in some way fun
    Will write more later..
    Lot of you already know i like more to play than to talk or write

Here are some videos
    Sasaball proud Chief Commander of the Dúnedain of the North
    [/CENTER]

Moments DotN 2013 - The Spring Event

After we've all gathered at the Bree Westgate, shot of some fireworks etc. we travel to the shire...

1. Relay at Delving Fields

The participants will be divided into groups of five.
    Officers will be waiting at the start/finish line.
    Participants will be placed at 4 checkpoints along the track.
    The first person of every group is handed an item by an officer. On signal the first person runs to the second person of his group, trades the item. The second person runs to the third person and so on.... The last group member has to trade the item back to the officer that handed out the item to the group.
    The fastest group wins -- all 5 of the group members will win a prize.

2. Fishing

Our next stop is Hobbiton Lake, Bywater.
    Everyone can pick up a fishing rod there.
    Whoever catches the most fish wins.

3. Simon Says.... at Bree Southgate (good spot since covered in flowers and this is the spring event
    This will be a variation of the traditional simon says.
    One officer will be performing one emote after the other (only free ones)
    The participants copy the emote.
    Ppl who do a wrong emote have the change to try again.
    The last person to perform the emote won't be able to move on into the next round thus the group will shrink one by one. Last person (=fastest person) wins.
    We can do more than one rounds.

4. Sparring at Bree Southgate

Finally participants will have the chance to lock horns with one another outside Bree. Higher levels might want to bring along their frying pan
    We will try to match players of similar lvls together and give the low lvls a change to join in.
    [/CENTER]

Merry Christmas - DotN

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you all and your families. Are the wishes of the Dúnedain of the North kinship.
    Last edited by Spei; Jan 19 2014 at 09:41 AM.
    [/CENTER]

Captain Class Basic Guide

About the Helm's Deep Captain Changes

The Captain is in a unique position, already having three fairly distinct combat roles. Much of the Captain's buffing ability has been condensed and consolidated, and is now mostly combat-generated rather than requiring a refresh every 30 minutes or so. The Leader of Men line should prove to be more effective for endgame off-tanking now, while Hands of Healing and Lead the Charge continue to do what they have always done.

Read the full guide
    [/CENTER]

Captain Fearless and the fearsome warg

1st Day

I begin my journey to Ettenmoors. I ride towards Glan Vraig and when I arrive there, I talk to some local vendores. After I buy some provisions, I prepare my belongings to my quest for the Mordirith's Helm that belong to the Northern men, but was lost after an ambush.

Read full article "Captain fearless and the fearsome warg"
    [/CENTER]

Difficult moments in LotRO

There are a lot of things going very badly in LotRO, and one of them is the use of macros in order to increase the effectiveness of dps against opponents.
    I'm not talking about harmless macros in LotRO, neither I am referring to the built in "Alias" command system. This system basically allows you to "store" long messages in a short format for easy recovery and entry.
    I’m talking about use of automation, where your computer plays your character for you. I am in favour of a player get banned for this activity. There is very little automation support in the Lua API and UI. It is possible via external hardware like a keyboard to do some very powerful automation. It is difficult to get it to right properly all the time due to the lack automation support in the game software. But with the arrival of a new generation of plugins, its use was facilitated.

Read full article "Difficult moments in LotRO"
    [/CENTER]

I've lost count of the times I've heard comments in Kin chat that this is the best Kinship/Guild /Club that the recently joined Kinmate has ever been in, not only in Lotro, but in ANY game the person in question has played. That's just a personal opinion of course, but as an officer in the Kin I'm very proud of it and have wondered what it is that makes us such a good place to be, so thought I'd try to put it down on paper.

Perhaps first I should briefly describe who and what we are: We have an age range from a few very young folk all the way up to people in their 50s, maybe even a bit more... We have a truly international flavour with people from all over Europe and America, together with some from further afield. This means that there aren't many times of the day or night without at least a few folk around for chat and Fellowships, whether it be Instances, Raids, the Moors or Deeding, and even with the drop in numbers after the launch of Helm's Deep we still have enough players active to get on the second page of Kinmates in the Social Panel on a regular basis. We also have a good mix of the sexes, with a fair few Mums as well as Dads and I think that gives us a solid base from which to work: There are a lot of people with a vested interest in keeping the place reasonably civilised.

We do have Rules, of course, but they can be summed up as Be Nice. Perhaps the one that makes the biggest difference on a day to day basis is No Swearing in Kin Chat. This doesn't mean you can't swear in other places - I know I do on rare occasions - but only if I know the people I'm with won't be offended. But NEVER in Kin chat. This means that the run of conversation there is open to all and basically offensive to none. The combination of the two things: Be Nice and Don't Swear - means people are unafraid to ask for help and advice, knowing that they will get it, and it will be useful. Of equal importance perhaps is that it is possible to reply to these requests and be wrong without fear that someone will sneer. They won't - but they might help you learn something too. There are other factors: we do not charge fellow Dunedain for help or goods; many of us take pride in never making for example a set of armour that is not fully critted if we can - we want our Kinmates to look good in Middle Earth; but really they are just versions of Be Nice. In many ways, Kin Chat creates the atmosphere of a Kin, and in ours there's always someone who can help with crafting a new Bow or Axe, or who is offering a load of Hides their character can't use to anyone who can, or simply giggling about what just happened: Last night it was half a dozen of us turning up together in Bree - as Chickens and there's always someone to cheer when the Balrog goes down or you've ranked up in the Moors. We are in Middle earth to have fun, and we do.

A great deal of credit must go to Bestone for setting up the Kin so well, and really living up to the standards of a Dunadan himself. He has a great deal of experience, both of Lotro and of running Kinships in general, and is someone of whom we are all proud. Lest I be thought to be too sucky here, I should add that he no more than any of us is perfect and makes mistakes. But when he does, he can be told so - and more than that, accept it. It's a rarer quality than you might think. As with any organisation the Leader sets the tone, and he sets a very fine one.

Then there are the people themselves. Occasionally, of course, someone turns up who doesn't get it but it's remarkable how often a quiet word is all that's needed to put someone straight. It is a joy to me that so many people from so many different places and cultures can mix together so well, and all my Kinmates can take enormous credit for that, which brings me to my final point which turns out to be the same as the one I started with: I'm proud to be a Dunadan, when the Dunedain are such decent, capable and friendly people.
    Last edited by Thudunblundur; Jan 23 2014 at 10:39 PM.

DotN - Ettenmoors PvMP Basic Guide

So you want to PvMP (Player versus Monster Player), well then in this topic I'll tell you the basics. The counterpart of kinships on freepside have tribes on creepside,
    Dúnedain of the North has a tribe called Black Númenorians, most raids are open so no need to just fight alongside your tribemates.
    Read the complete PvMP guide: Ettenmoors PvMP Basic Guide

Last edited by Specialone; Jan 30 2014 at 10:18 AM.
    [/CENTER]

Welcome to the Dunedain Winter 2014 Kin Event and our 2nd Anniversary as a Kin! I am so glad you all could make it and hope you have a lot of FUN!

Read more at DotN Website
    [/CENTER]

Building your Online Gaming Desktop PC

Building a gaming PC is tough, with many different parts that are combined to breathe life into a gaming monster. Along with providing a sense of do-it-yourself satisfaction, building your own gaming PC is one of the most rewarding experiences for any online gamer or technology enthusiast.

Read the full article...
    [/CENTER]

Being a Kinship Leader

Many people have asked me what it takes to be a good kinship leader. This is not to say that I am a good kinship leader, I cannot make that determination for myself. But it is a fact of our kinship has many members and a stable organization. This article is to give a sense of what goes on behind the scenes of our kinship, also a response to some who say that the Council of Officers should be more "transparent".

Read full article at Dúnedain of the North Blog
    [/CENTER]

I'm not a member of DotN but I've always had happy interactions with them when questing or running instances with PUGs. Certainly seem like a nice group to have around.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

7 years playing LotRO

Well, I received my reward for playing LotRO more than 7 years. It will be eight years, because I started in April 2007, at the launch of LotRO in Brandywine server.

I wanted to thank all my friends in LotRO who are like family to me, the great help they gave in founding this great community of DotN.

I hope that we continue together for many years and never lose contact between us.

Regards,
    Bestone
    [/CENTER]

DotN - Slow leveling club

Greetings!

Welcome everyone to the slow leveling club (SLC)!
    I am very happy to see that other people want to tackle this adventure together with me.

What is the SLC?
    We use the experience disabler at certain levels, do all content we want at that level and help each other out with difficult things. Once everyone is ready i will raise the level cap. This is a nice way of learning our classes the best, and experience the complete game.
    P.S.: the item is called experience disabler in lotro store. If you buy it it will appear as a pocket item in your inventory. Bind on equip.

Rules:
    Only 1 big rule: respect the level cap! (tip: make sure to use your pocket item when you have about half bar of experience, accidental overleveling goes very fast! When we get to higher levels try to get as full experience bar as you can without leveling, that way you only have to do little if we raise cap)

Unwritten rules:
    Help each other out as much as possible! Do stuff together. If someone asks to help, try to join, even if you done the quests allready.
    Help out Sasa as much as you can so he can create his storyline.
    You are allowed to use alts to make crafted items for your SLC alt. Even more, help each other out if you need anything
    If you have done all the content you wanted to do on that level let me (Wevori) know.

When?
    I encourage everyone to work on their character whenever they have the time.
    If you would need assistance with something write in kin chat with prefix SLC. (e.g.: Wevori: SLC i need help with a quest in michel delving). This because we're maybe not always on the low level char, but if someone from the club sees this in kin chat they can relog and help out.
    Also we will try to do weekly meeting wednesday evening (15.00h servertime/20.00h website time).

We have now started the club officialy. But if someone wants to join up along the way, always welcome! We need as many people as we can. I expect more people to join the first week (when word spreads).
    We will not level very fast so everyone has time joining in/catching up.

DotN SLC Forum Link

Wevori - Champion - 100
    Tupra - Burglar - 59
    Lapthan - Hunter - 10 - SLC
    Lasda - Guardian - 9 - SLC
    Last edited by Spei; Apr 21 2015 at 05:38 PM.
    [/CENTER]

DotN - PvMP Movie - The Ettenmoors Battle

This movie it's dedicated to all DotN Rangers.
    Thank you Fatalis and Nasurda for the good times at LvL85 cap.
    [/CENTER]

RAID Assist Target and Assist Window Guide

The RAID Assist Target (RAT) is the player or players in a raid or fellowship who calls the shots on which mobs should be taken down next by the damage dealers. The main assist's job is to have one specific mob targeted at all times until it's dead, and then to switch to the next target to be killed, whereas the main tank must switch targets frequently to keep aggro up. In many cases, the RAT will sometimes also serve as off-tank which means he will peel the mob he is DPSing off from the tank (by taunt or pulling DPS aggro). In six-man groups having a non-tanking warrior, this is common but not universal.

More info at: RAID Assist Target and Assist Window Guide
    [/CENTER]