We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Can we update this to reflect "Don't interrupt me" only doing 13% now (down from the 100% on page one of this thread). Cheers.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Can we update this to reflect "Don't interrupt me" only doing 13% now (down from the 100% on page one of this thread). Cheers.
    Getting on it.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

So reworked from hugely overpowered to largely insignificant. %25-%33 would be reasonable for damage and reflect %13 is a waste of trait points.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    So reworked from hugely overpowered to largely insignificant. %25-%33 would be reasonable for damage and reflect %13 is a waste of trait points.
    I completely agree. I would have loved to see it at 25% max, but unfortunately that hasn't been done. :/
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

The announcement is a bit late but I have added the 12.1 preliminary changes to the class underneath. They will be incorporated more specifically once the changes have actually gone through officially with U12.1.

What is a "Breakout Grace Period" exactly? I'm not sure exactly what this means.
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5674327DrpBG.png[/IMG][/URL]

If you read the tooltips for dazes and roots it says something like:
    100% break chance on damage after 4s.

That 4s is that grace period. Blinding flash has no more grace period unfortunately.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    If you read the tooltips for dazes and roots it says something like:
    100% break chance on damage after 4s.

That 4s is that grace period. Blinding flash has no more grace period unfortunately.
    Oh ok. Yeah, I knew about that, but I didn't twig to it correlating to Breakout Grace Period lol. I'd never heard that term used before.

Thanks for explanation
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5674327DrpBG.png[/IMG][/URL]

o.O This post was never meant to reach so many views...

Anyways, I've added the U12.x. release notes just to make sure that everyone who checks this is informed. I guess that for now I'll make sure that with every update the additional Lore-master skills and traits and fixes will be added to the post to make sure it is as up-to-date as possible.

Question A lot hath changed since 2011-2012 indeed-

I've a few questions, as I haven't had a computer to play LOTRO since like late 2011~early 2012.

First off: I'm a LoreMaster & if I remember correctly I was in the range of lvl 56-58.

•Will all my skills be gone, thus forcing me to spend skill tree points?
    •If so, will I be given the skill points that I would've earned up to my level?
    •Would I be royaly screwed over & have to start anew?
    •Will any of my legendary items be gone when I finally have a computer to log in with?
    •Will my rather high Scholar level be altered?

Despite all that will & may be ahead, I do wish to rejoin in the LOTRO community on the Nimrodel server I always used. *Even with such a learning curve that lay before me.*

Quote Originally Posted by RAGNORAN View Post
    •Will all my skills be gone, thus forcing me to spend skill tree points?
    •If so, will I be given the skill points that I would've earned up to my level?
    •Would I be royaly screwed over & have to start anew?
    •Will any of my legendary items be gone when I finally have a computer to log in with?
    •Will my rather high Scholar level be altered?
    You will retain some basic skills, but will have to spend skill tree points to get some skills back. You will NOT have to start over. Legendary items will remain as they are (points refunded most likely, depending upon how long you've been gone). Scholar will be left alone as well.

What will happens with skills though is that you will not be able to get them all back most likely, they were split up into three sets, so some skills are only available in one tree but not the others. Other skills are always there but will have extra effects in one tree but not others. In general, you will have fewer skills on the skill bar at any one time.

On the other hand the level that you earned default skills (those not tied to a tree) have changed. So some skills may not be available at your level or you have others that weren't available before the change for that level (though I think by high 50s you should have them all, so it's probably moot). Then start spending trait points to specialize and earn a few more skills and make the existing ones more useful. Definitely finish up the class skills if you haven't (I used to think everyone always did this, but I've learned a lot of players don't bother), and do the class quests as well, especially the Moria and Angmar ones.

If you're f2p or premium you'll only have one skill tree and thus have to choose one (it's too expensive really to buy two), but as VIP you get two. For lore master you really don't need all three. Basically red set for basic damage dealing for basic soloing or group damage dealer, though it may be a lot more flashier if you were the sort to rely on debuffing and pets. Blue for pets basically, it's no longer pets+healing, but the pet damage is a lot stronger than it used to be so it's not a bad one to choose for soling. Yellow is the debuffing+light healing spec, though you won't get back all the debuffs that existed before the change, it could be handy in groups though the current state of the game does not really value debuffing much since players do more damage and are much sturdier in relation to enemies. My advice is to try out both red and blue and see which ones feel better for your play style.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Thanks so much for taking the time to explain things. :3 I believe that I understand the changes now. However, can you eventually build all the skill trees fully?

When I eventually manage to get a computer to run this I plan on becoming a VIP member. *Why do you only get two trees as a VIP? I thought they got everything.* I used to be a F2P person though.

If I remember correctly: I either logged out in Elrond's library, or in a rather dangerous wasteland with lvl 55-57+ orcs among other nasties. When I last played I could solo some tier two skirmishes.

I wonder if it's still possible to get on top of the Bree town hall building. *I was one of the very first people to do so.*

I wanted to say something that you may find interesting that was on an unrelated note, though it wouldn't only be strictly LOTRO based, so I don't want to risk unnecessary forum moderation.

No you will not be able to build all the skill trees. You will have enough to fully build one with all the points (some of which aren't so useful), and a handful of points in another tree only. I think after filling one tree you will have roughly 14 points left over (?) after hitting 95 and finishing deeds. So you have to specialize.

But definitely you can fill out the red tree in full and still have enough points to get an eagle pet, or get the lore skills from yellow line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    No you will not be able to build all the skill trees. You will have enough to fully build one with all the points (some of which aren't so useful), and a handful of points in another tree only. I think after filling one tree you will have roughly 14 points left over (?) after hitting 95 and finishing deeds. So you have to specialize.

But definitely you can fill out the red tree in full and still have enough points to get an eagle pet, or get the lore skills from yellow line.
    Aw man, I'll have to study all the different moves & build combinations. *I love complexity, but dislike such constricting limitations.* I'll likely only do red & yellow & become a LoreDemolisher. *Especially with my just under master lvl buff scrolls.*

The thing previously mentioned not strictly LOTRO is a high end custom wizard staff I'm making. Need some phosphorescent paint that will go under the transparent green inlays.

Trait tree/skill stats:

Keeper of Animals:

-Prepare for War
    number of tactical mastery slices of current player level:
    tier1: 2.0
    tier2: 3.0
    tier3: 4.0
    tier4: 5.0
    tier5: 6.0

-Hearty Diet
    number of HD-morale slices of current player level:
    tier1: 2.0
    tier2: 3.0
    tier3: 4.0
    tier4: 5.0
    tier5: 6.0

HD-morale segment 1, level 1-?:
    factor = 0.8975 ?
    constant = 0.61 ?

Master of Nature's Fury:

-Ring of Fire
    number of Block/Parry/Evade slices of current player level: -6.0 (+%)

The Ancient Master:

-

Notes:
    1) ? = not yet verified for all levels
    2) about slices see: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...he-stat-system

Smile Thanks

thanks for the gathering of the whole knowledge here in the forum.
    keep going

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7