We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I know that but I was just wondering if the oranges only drop from the larger instances ie the 6 and 12 man ones. I've had 6 plat rewards and they're all teal and most are duplicates of what I already have. Some have said you only get it from the raids so I was hoping someone could confirm if there is a chance for orange rewards regardless of instance size.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakshi View Post
    I know that but I was just wondering if the oranges only drop from the larger instances ie the 6 and 12 man ones. I've had 6 plat rewards and they're all teal and most are duplicates of what I already have. Some have said you only get it from the raids so I was hoping someone could confirm if there is a chance for orange rewards regardless of instance size.
    As PKCrichton said, there is no such thing as "a drop from an instance" when it comes to the Epic Battles.

All Battles give the same type of a reward - Medals. The medals from the solo space are exactly the same as the medals from the raid. The only difference is that the medals from the large size Battles advance the reward bar more than those from the smaller Battles.

For example - you need 20 platinum "points" to get a set jewelry piece. A platinum medal for a side quest in a solo battle will advance the reward bar by 1 point. But a platinum medal for a side quest in a raid will advance the reward bar by 4 points at once. As soon as you collect 20 platinum points in total - you get your rewards in a form of a jewelry piece. This may happen in the middle of the raid, or in the middle of a solo battle as it happened to me two days ago. A golden item seems to be a "critical effect" of a teal item. Every time when I saw someone in a group or myself getting a gold jewelry piece, it was appearing together with another teal piece usually belonging to a different set.

For those wondering, here is a table with the amount of points you get per medal for different quests:

Last edited by Lunasa; Nov 25 2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

Tyvm for this guide! Very helpful! You're awesome.

I've added a section on how Merit works for giving you Promotion Points.

**Updated some small errors***
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 27 2013 at 07:06 PM.

You'll want to have a look at this :
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-General-Guide

just a small stupid question: except jewelry, you can get also armour by the big battles?

and if not, is there any other way getting armour except crafting?

Quote Originally Posted by yoniboxs View Post
    just a small stupid question: except jewelry, you can get also armour by the big battles?

and if not, is there any other way getting armour except crafting?
    Battles do not generate Armor. The only way other than crafting to obtain this is to run Scaled Instances and Skirmishes.

A truly epic guide, thanks for all the work you put into it.

There's just one minor error I found:

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    3. The Deeping Coomb - This instance can be run Solo/Duo

The waves of mobs in the first phases will go for one or the other and the last phase they will attack both.
    Are you sure about this? It has been my experience in countless runs of this instance that waves will first attack left/right and about halfway through the battle attack the remaining side. Also, if they go left first ("They march upon the Hornburg!"), the side quests "A Pillage Denied" and "Defilers In The Water" will trigger; respectively if the go right first ("They march to the Glittering Caves!"), the side quests "Searching The Debris" and "Prepare To Fall Back" will Trigger. I have never seem them attack both sides at once.
    Déorwyn, Rank 12 Captain
    Lotro-Wiki: Tharondir

Quote Originally Posted by Deorwyn View Post
    A truly epic guide, thanks for all the work you put into it.

There's just one minor error I found:

Are you sure about this? It has been my experience in countless runs of this instance that waves will first attack left/right and about halfway through the battle attack the remaining side. Also, if they go left first ("They march upon the Hornburg!"), the side quests "A Pillage Denied" and "Defilers In The Water" will trigger; respectively if the go right first ("They march to the Glittering Caves!"), the side quests "Searching The Debris" and "Prepare To Fall Back" will Trigger. I have never seem them attack both sides at once.
    Heh oops I don't recall if things were changed from when I was first writing this or if my understanding of the instance was a little off. Anyhow its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by FromgalTheMinstrel View Post
    You get points whenever you get a better medal than you have before for a particular quest. Iron is 0 points, bronze is 1 point, silver 2, gold 3 and platinum 4.
    If you had nothing on a quest and then you get gold, you get 3 points.
    If you repeat that quest next day and get gold again (or silver or bronze), you get nothing. If you get platinum, then you get 1 extra point.
    It only counts what is your best medal so far for a particular quest.

It is maybe easier to say that your total amount of points is your bronzes x1 + silvers x2 + golds x3 + platinums x4 as they appear in your Battle History panel. Main mission medals counts the same as secondary mission medals.
    So once you have platinum for each quest, you're done and you can earn no more promotion points?

Quote Originally Posted by Surrenda View Post
    So once you have platinum for each quest, you're done and you can earn no more promotion points?
    Once you have platinum on every quest you get no more promotion points. You can get a TOTAL of 216 currently if you do Solo/Duo, 3 Man, 6 Man and 12 Man as they currently are. You can see the breakdown at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Battles do not generate Armor. The only way other than crafting to obtain this is to run Scaled Instances and Skirmishes.

As a matter of fact, warbands also do 'drop' (box of spoils) jewellery and armor (item level 176), even teal cloaks.

Set items reward gear

Doing helm's dike now some time, only level 64 getting gear nicely.

But my question is: How can I complete Set's like Fifth,Sixt ... Twelfth xx of Deeping Coomb.

I have like every fifth ... twelfth only one (or double) piece and no set bonus. At the moment i got a twelfth orange item. So wow, but when I levelup I'm not able to get another twelfth item ?? This way, I think the stats only matters as I outlevel the set items ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashing View Post
    Doing helm's dike now some time, only level 64 getting gear nicely.

But my question is: How can I complete Set's like Fifth,Sixt ... Twelfth xx of Deeping Coomb.

I have like every fifth ... twelfth only one (or double) piece and no set bonus. At the moment i got a twelfth orange item. So wow, but when I levelup I'm not able to get another twelfth item ?? This way, I think the stats only matters as I outlevel the set items ?
    Propably is not the best idea to try to grind the sets from bb's until you are at level cap. as you will just end up spending lots of time trying to get the sets, which you out level fast.

Frustrating

I know I am not the best LotRO player around (far from it) - and I have done the Epic Battle's with my son on the duo settings on my VIP account. With some small success and satisfaction (completing side quests etc...)

But on my Premium account I have just hit the part of Helm's Deep where you have to do the 5 battles in the Epic Book.

This I am doing solo on my lvl 96 mini at rank 0.

I must say this is the most frustrating and unsatisfying gaming experience. Having my zero rank and doing a battle which is the same for solo/duo alone is not fun what so ever. Forget doing side quests, impossible solo.

I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong. Is it meant to be THAT hard? I really love LotRO (7 year player) and I normally love all parts of the game/quests (yes even inspecting outside toilets...) but I am afraid these battles are introducing a really sour taste.

Does anyone have any encouraging help/remarks?

Thanks a million guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof-Moriarty View Post
    I know I am not the best LotRO player around (far from it) - and I have done the Epic Battle's with my son on the duo settings on my VIP account. With some small success and satisfaction (completing side quests etc...)

But on my Premium account I have just hit the part of Helm's Deep where you have to do the 5 battles in the Epic Book.

I must say this is the most frustrating and unsatisfying gaming experience. Having my zero rank and doing a battle which is the same for solo/duo alone is not fun what so ever. Forget doing side quests, impossible solo.

I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong. Is it meant to be THAT hard? I really love LotRO (7 year player) and I normally love all parts of the game/quests (yes even inspecting outside toilets...) but I am afraid these battles are introducing a really sour taste.

Thanks a million guys.
    You can finish the battle (no platin though) and you can finish some of the quests. Horses works if you do enough damage, statue should also work. Best advice - take someone else with you. With 2 R0 it becomes somewhat easier. With an experienced fully ranked lvl 100 who can explain you where to go and what to do, you are having bad luck or you're doing something wrong if you don't get platin everywhere.

Thanks a million guys.
    You can take this advice or not obviously. My advice to every R0 doing the epic line is to FORGET about the sidequests all together. Your sole purpose for the epic line is to get through the main part of the battles. Just go to the choke points and try to attack and damage and buff and heal as much as you can. If you die, rush back to the battle. Ignore all the messages and urgent summons for side quests. Just put them out of your mind. Get through the epic and then you can come back later with your friends and have a good time getting your promotion points leveled at your own speed.

Good luck
    Inter faex et urina nascitur sumus

18. May 04 2015, 02:07 AM

19. May 04 2015, 02:20 AM

Great fix

Thanks a million guys.

IT used to be not so extremely hard solo for the person doing the epic quest. Then some whiners ruined it for those with NO rank and solo. You have a hard time getting people to duo it too. The time it take is one reason. Pel runs only get you to rank 1 too. Try and survive the huge number of mobs that come from both sides is impossible, but there is a rez button for a quick return. Wish you the best.

Is the Helm's Deep Epic Battles required to complete the game?

Can I skip the Helm's Deep Epic Battles and still reach level 105? If so: where I go to skip past it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3