We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    yup thats exactly what i said but it means that i cannot queue to join a big group so i am stuck playing solo also once i've played an instance when i play it again i get no merit bars coming up so i can't see my progress bit of a pain cause i then can't tell which group needs me most
    This is my problem too bud. I did an ingame ticket and they told me to do a bug report which I have done. Basically I get no rewards at all now - no xp no medals or merit while doing any epic battle. If I do a duo I can get some marks medallions from side quests but that is all. Seemed to work ok 1st time I did em but now it dont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilrond View Post
    This is my problem too bud. I did an ingame ticket and they told me to do a bug report which I have done. Basically I get no rewards at all now - no xp no medals or merit while doing any epic battle. If I do a duo I can get some marks medallions from side quests but that is all. Seemed to work ok 1st time I did em but now it dont work.
    All of the quests involved with Epic Battles, the primaries and the randoms, are dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    All of the quests involved with Epic Battles, the primaries and the randoms, are dailies.
    Why are we back to Daily quests again especially since there is only one 6 man available with Epic Battles? Last night we wanted to run it a few times so we can get better at it. But your giving us diminishing returns for doing anything more then one time in a day. Please remove the daily component of at least the primary quest would prefer the random ones too.
    Silverlode Server

Quote Originally Posted by wbhz View Post
    Why are we back to Daily quests again especially since there is only one 6 man available with Epic Battles? Last night we wanted to run it a few times so we can get better at it. But your giving us diminishing returns for doing anything more then one time in a day. Please remove the daily component of at least the primary quest would prefer the random ones too.
    Nothing is stopping you from running the same battles over and over again. You there are multiple side quests so you still have the chance for one of them to be triggered until you have done all of them in a day. Beyond that you can still practice and get better at knowing what to do for each quest. As for trying to track your progress into quests you have already done. We had asked for something in beta to allow for this and it was going to be looked at. When it comes to getting more rewards well it would be nice but I don't see it happening.

Also this thread is a Guide it is not meant to hash out issues people have with the battles. Please take conversations over issues into another thread.

What happened to the small catapult that was in the Deeping-Coomb? Are pre-rank 3 engineers back to being useless in there?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b3969/01007/signature.png]Minarfin[/charsig]

Adding a few marks and medallions for every time you complete a battle would be a welcome change, not just tied to the dailies.

Thank you for this information - maybe you should inform your ingame support of the fact as I was given different information yesterday - I was told there are no limits on epic battles quests - and that is a quote you can look at the ticket.

Secondly can you please point me to where in the dev diary or release notes that it states they are dailies.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Golledhel View Post
    What happened to the small catapult that was in the Deeping-Coomb? Are pre-rank 3 engineers back to being useless in there?
    The Deeping Coomb I don't ever recall having a Small Catapult already setup in it during the last builds of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    The Deeping Coomb I don't ever recall having a Small Catapult already setup in it during the last builds of beta.
    It was located up the stairs by the map table. It was half useless since you couldn't really use it to hit the formations outside the Deeping-coomb, but you could use it to hit the mobs fighting right below it for about 5k damage each.

I remember it was added because as an Engineer you couldn't really do anything in that instance until you could set up your own stuff. (and barricades there don't do much). It was there wednesday and thursday.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b3969/01007/signature.png]Minarfin[/charsig]

Can we please move this thread to a different forum? Epic battles should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Instances, Raids or Skirmishes. I apologize for having done just that, but it was unavoidable. Epic battles aren't even a poor man's skirmishes, because even a poor man would want nothing to do with epic battles because even poor men have better things to do with their lives. All men do.
    Megabob

Quote Originally Posted by Oldin View Post
    Can we please move this thread to a different forum? Epic battles should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Instances, Raids or Skirmishes. I apologize for having done just that, but it was unavoidable. Epic battles aren't even a poor man's skirmishes, because even a poor man would want nothing to do with epic battles because even poor men have better things to do with their lives. All men do.
    Epic Battles are a form of an Instance/Raid so this is where it belongs. Just because you don't like t hem doesn't mean they don't belong here.

Added a quote from JWB about how to amass Killstreaks for Vanguard.

13. Nov 22 2013, 06:43 PM

got 5 gold rewards so far and it has been the exact same pocket item every time, all bound of course. currently 19/20 on platinum so hope it isnt the same thing dropping for me.

I must be dense...people tell me to go with engineering and nothing actually happens when I aim the ballistas, I have no idea what to do and when nor why because the basic in-game info is quite useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I must be dense...people tell me to go with engineering and nothing actually happens when I aim the ballistas, I have no idea what to do and when nor why because the basic in-game info is quite useless.
    Ok the way Ballistas work is once you have it built fully you do the following.

1. Load then Crank well either order really.
    2. Then your cross hair will appear on the ground out in the distance somewhere. For seeing the crosshair and for aiming I suggest you stand right at the edge of the walls etc..
    3. Then you use Aim Left, Aim Right, Aim Up, Aim Down to move the crosshair over the orcs that have marched up in formation.
    4. Once you have them lined up hit Launch/Fire.
    5. Reload and Recrank. Your crosshair will appear at the same place you last fired. So if the enemy is still there just load/crank/launch. If they have moved then reaim.

For Catapult its a little different.
    1. Load
    2. Crank once
    3. Now you can see the crosshair. If you can't see it then the target is to close to you. Do another Crank.
    4. Optional add powder if you have the ability and want to.
    5. Crank to increase the distance of your shot. You cannot aim lower.
    6. Aim Left and Aim Right to maneuver your shot.
    7. Launch/Fire
    8. Repeat steps 1 to 7. Every time you launch you reset the distance on the catapult to 0. Aim Left/Right will stay the same.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 23 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Make sure you aim at the uruk formations. You'll see -xxx in red above the formation and in yellow above the siege weapon if you actually do damage. If you don't, you're not aiming at the correct spot.

How do you actually gain points to put in your battle tree? I've done a lot of battles but I noticed today me n a friend did caves just once today and we completed it with a gold medal but neither of us got any points to spend on our tree. So hoe does the tree gain points system works?

Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    How do you actually gain points to put in your battle tree? I've done a lot of battles but I noticed today me n a friend did caves just once today and we completed it with a gold medal but neither of us got any points to spend on our tree. So how does the tree gain points system work?
    Seems to be linked to how well you do, when I got a platinum in a side quest I got maybe 4 points at the end but only 1 or 2 for silver or bronze. I've not read an official you get this much for that from turbine though, fingers crossed for someone more clever than I knowing.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Ok i understand that, but surely if i wanna play same battle again for fun/practice there should be something up letting me know how many soldiers/commanders etc have lost their lives in the line of duty and what completion % am at?

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Ok the way Ballistas work is once you have it built fully you do the following.

1. Load then Crank well either order really.
    2. Then your cross hair will appear on the ground out in the distance somewhere. For seeing the crosshair and for aiming I suggest you stand right at the edge of the walls etc..
    3. Then you use Aim Left, Aim Right, Aim Up, Aim Down to move the crosshair over the orcs that have marched up in formation.
    4. Once you have them lined up hit Launch/Fire.
    5. Reload and Recrank. Your crosshair will appear at the same place you last fired. So if the enemy is still there just load/crank/launch. If they have moved then reaim.

For Catapult its a little different.
    1. Load
    2. Crank once
    3. Now you can see the crosshair. If you can't see it then the target is to close to you. Do another Crank.
    4. Optional add powder if you have the ability and want to.
    5. Crank to increase the distance of your shot. You cannot aim lower.
    6. Aim Left and Aim Right to maneuver your shot.
    7. Launch/Fire
    8. Repeat steps 1 to 7. Every time you launch you reset the distance on the catapult to 0. Aim Left/Right will stay the same.
    Yes! Thanks. Now I wonder what I actually use that for - I can see stuff die, I get a message to this effect, but there seems to be nothing related to it. Do I get points for it? Does it up my reward somehow? For the oceans of mobs endlessly attacking, it seems to do nothing to further my goal, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Yes! Thanks. Now I wonder what I actually use that for - I can see stuff die, I get a message to this effect, but there seems to be nothing related to it. Do I get points for it? Does it up my reward somehow? For the oceans of mobs endlessly attacking, it seems to do nothing to further my goal, I mean.
    It kills those mobs before they even have a chance to attack the NPCs. Reduces the number of mobs in the formations so the battle progresses faster with less mobs facing the NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Golledhel View Post
    It kills those mobs before they even have a chance to attack the NPCs. Reduces the number of mobs in the formations so the battle progresses faster with less mobs facing the NPCs.
    Aha, I see =) Good stuff, in other words! I shall try the battle number two too, now. Gracias danke merci thanks.

You get points whenever you get a better medal than you have before for a particular quest. Iron is 0 points, bronze is 1 point, silver 2, gold 3 and platinum 4.
    If you had nothing on a quest and then you get gold, you get 3 points.
    If you repeat that quest next day and get gold again (or silver or bronze), you get nothing. If you get platinum, then you get 1 extra point.
    It only counts what is your best medal so far for a particular quest.

It is maybe easier to say that your total amount of points is your bronzes x1 + silvers x2 + golds x3 + platinums x4 as they appear in your Battle History panel. Main mission medals counts the same as secondary mission medals.

Do you only get orange loot while in raid? I have yet to see any while doing solo/duo BBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakshi View Post
    Do you only get orange loot while in raid? I have yet to see any while doing solo/duo BBs.
    Gold loot are rare platinum drops. You don't get 'loot' from any instance in particular you get loot from your meters filling up and generating loot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast