We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm so sorry to hear about Perch. It was a pleasure playing along side with him on many raids on our minstrels.
    Lt. Tremolo the Veteran (House of Elders) - Rank 10 Minstrel
    Blackarrow-Foe, Reaver-Foe, Stalker-Foe, Weaver-Foe

John 10:27-29 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.”

You will be missed Perch. My prayers go out to your family.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

If somehow I end up in the same group as Perch I am gonna feel mighty odd. This just reinforces that we are mortal. Remember that funerals are for the living so if you need to, go. I hope everyone with grief bares it productively. I really am going to miss perch in the moors. So if someone has his account information and all of use interact through the game will he still be living on the internet. Could it be possible to hack your TTL (Time To Live) field on an internet packet and live forever? Could routers throughout the world rebroadcast your internet essence? You know Turbine could probably make some money incorporating deceased toons into the game. Maybe you really could see ghosts. Come on people especially citizens of the United States do not be so prude as to not speak of these taboos. Anyway Rest in Peace.

Davil

So I closed the forums and it hit me. I REALLY am going to miss this guy. We revived each other plenty of times in the moors. Makes me wonder how many other people need a buddy system that play this game. Usually I ask, "Did they die gloriously" in real life. But I didn't. I simple stopped working at the computer and pondered some things in this order.

1 Who is this guy.
    2 Asked my wife out loud if I was mean to me. She informed me no.
    3 Oh man Perch. Seriously.
    4 How did he go?
    5 Wife gave me a muffled response.
    6 Am I actually going to experience grief through a video game.

Perch has just touched me in a very intimate way by dying on me. I actually feel rage, then I realize I was a game. Then I remember this is a person. Then I am enraged considering the nature of his demise. So ya I shed a few tears over an internet connection and kissed my kids good night as I am reminded of the reality of how I could die on them. Almost made me delete my account and go to college. So I recommend buddy systems because the probability of people dying that play LOTRO is probably much higher than one would think. Some people play the game as something to do while there on their way out. I guess a burning question is; was his death completely unexpected? How old was Perch? How would Perch's family receive his history within a video game? Who is the next of Kin? Lastly, why the hell did asthma kill him? Is there a component to his death that I could learn. See Perch causes RAGE! He seemed tranquil but my perception sucks. So I want to learn from his death because nothing reinforces meaning better than a good lesson in life.

I am going to bed good night all and I hope that perch gloriously haunts you all through the internet so we can talk about it in the morning.

David

So long old friend, you will be missed.
    Reedee ~ Veteran ~ Stalker's-Enemy ~ Reaver-foe ~ Warleader's-foe ~ Blackarrow-foe ~

I just found out about Perch tonight. I'm so sorry to hear this, there were a number of times we healed pugs together. He was a hell of a minstrel and always someone who played his class well and was a pleasure to be around as well.

I will not be at the vigil most likely, but Moochy will be sending hobbit prayers and pies his way.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Sad Day for all of Gladden. Prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

I'll be at the vigil.

Words can't put used for how much you will be missed Perch. Rest in Peace.
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

I never met the man but after reading all these tributes I wish I had. I've experienced the lose of a gaming friend before and although we never met in person, the feeling of lose and sadness were as real as if we had. Your rememberance of Perch is a testiment to his impact on the community. May Eru speed his journey...I raise my tankard in a silent salute.

9. Nov 26 2013, 04:43 AM

10. Nov 26 2013, 04:48 AM

It's funny how people, from all walks of life, become 'tied' if you give them enough time together. Being on Gladden for so long, it's really become one huge disfunctional family, for me anyways. We're all tied some how.

People leave the game or server all the time... then come back. And I think a small (or even big) part of why people come back is because it's home. For some, a safe haven away from their life of (what ever battle we are fighting). Playing with people like Perch is what makes Gladden... Gladden.

When I bought this game I thought it was just an RPG. Still tested it out because meh, but wasn't really interested in online things. I didn't want to play with and deal with people. Not many introverts like to! Didn't know s*** about MMO lingo as it was my first, and still is. It took me about 7 or 8 levels to realize I could click skills. That's how bad it was.

As memory serves, Perch was the first guy to really help me (with out wanting anything in return). He took me and a couple of others through Trollshaws quests, and taught me a lot of things during that time. I remember it almost clearly because it was the first time I really enjoyed being in a fellowship. It was a fun time. And I remember thinking, "What a great guy to do this." Maybe I'll keep playing.

Playing/raiding with Perch off and on, through the 6 years, he never changed. He always helped others and never belittled anyone, which is what gaming should be about, imo. To me, he was a big part of why Gladden is home. It's sad to lose a member of the Gladden family. It's more than just a "game" to me, when you get to know people like that. He was a true "minstrel".

I hope to make it to the vigil.

- Simon
    Last edited by the_blah; Nov 27 2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Davilizer View Post
    I guess a burning question is; was his death completely unexpected? How old was Perch? How would Perch's family receive his history within a video game? Who is the next of Kin? Lastly, why the hell did asthma kill him?
    I'll answer these to the best of my knowledge, but others may know more. Yes, completely unexpected. He was in his thirties. I can't speak for Perch's family, but I know via facebook they are aware how much he was appreciated by his gaming friends & at least one person who played LotRO with us all is in touch with his family. He is survived by his wife and kids. Asthma, if severe enough, can cause cardiac arrest.
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

I've always thought of the community of LotRO and especially those of Gladden as a family, it is sad to hear of his passing.

My fondest memory of Perch was the all minstrel raid he assembled back in the day. Minstrels were pretty rare back then but he managed to get quite a few of us together out in the moors. I will look for some screenshots on my old PC. He was a kind soul and his presence will be deeply missed among the fields of Gladden. My condolences to his family. May they take some comfort knowing he touched so many across the world.

“To the sea, to the sea! The white gulls are crying,
    The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying.
    West, west away, the round sun is falling,
    Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
    The voices of my people that have gone before me?
    I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
    For our days are ending and our years failing.
    I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
    Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
    Sweet are the voices in the Lost Isle calling,
    In Eressea, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
    Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
    Legolas' Song of the Sea
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
    Rampant
    Primitive
    Phalanx Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by rgrove12 View Post
    I've always thought of the community of LotRO and especially those of Gladden as a family, it is sad to hear of his passing.

My fondest memory of Perch was the all minstrel raid he assembled back in the day. Minstrels were pretty rare back then but he managed to get quite a few of us together out in the moors. I will look for some screenshots on my old PC. He was a kind soul and his presence will be deeply missed among the fields of Gladden. My condolences to his family. May they take some comfort knowing he touched so many across the world.

“To the sea, to the sea! The white gulls are crying,
    The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying.
    West, west away, the round sun is falling,
    Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
    The voices of my people that have gone before me?
    I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
    For our days are ending and our years failing.
    I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
    Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
    Sweet are the voices in the Lost Isle calling,
    In Eressea, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
    Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
    Legolas' Song of the Sea
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
    Totally forgot about that. He did such great things like that to make pvp better for us all. I'll make sure I'll add it to his wiki tribute.

I never knew Perchelm, apart from vaguely recognizing his name from glff.

But from what I see here, he will be missed. I'll be at the vigil if I can.

Requiescat in pace.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

Pictures of Perchelm's Vigil

Thought I'd share some photos of the vigil for those who were unable to make it, it was a great turnout everyone should be proud of to have attended this honoring of him. I hope Perch's family can see this to show how important he was to us here.

Saluting to the Heavens... for Perchelm.

Gathering for a Hero.

Tears for the Fallen.

Celebrating his life.

Tribute walk around Bree.

Idk if anyone else has photos they want to share or fraps.

I thought this video was also appropriate to bring some comfort to the situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

I'm probably going to post this into the wiki somewhere to cherish his memory.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Dec 04 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Seasons changes days go by
    People come and people go
    Though our paths lead us apart
    They will meet one day I know

For I owe you so much, dear friend
    For all those tresured times
    For you've made me a richer man
    Having had you in my life

19. Dec 04 2013, 06:50 PM

Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Thanks for all the pictures and it was great to remember to some truly great times with some old friends in game and on vent that night. I completely forgot about a few stories that were told, but once told the memories flooded back. Chris (Perch) was truly an amazing person and I will miss having them there in a few games that we played together. It was nice to see the community of Gladden come out and support his memory and a few appearances from people I have not seen or spoken to in a long time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condolences to all those who knew Perch outside of the game and those who were deeply affected by his death. He was a guy who had an ability influence so many people. His positivity, calm demeanor, and problem solving skills will be missed.

It is always difficult to cope with the loss of a loved one. Perch would have wanted us to stay positive, move on, and not look back with regret or loss. He is in a better place.

Stay motivated. Stay focussed. Believe in yourself.

Looked like a good memorial.

Perhaps the community can come together to turn it into an annual memorial??!?

Stay good,

Vurg/Kait.
    Last edited by CaitlynJones; Dec 07 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    R13 WL Vurgash; R8 Stalker Virgash; R8 BA Virrgash; R7 Reaver Godot; R6 Spider Vurgasm

I haven't read the forums in forever, which is a shame. I know Aldawen and I would have gone, but it looks like lots of others were there. He was a good guy.
    Grakrat Grumblebelly, R9 Warg | Yandros Cabbagebane L65 Hunter

I wish I could have made it to the ceremony. I was not aware of his passing until I logged on today as I do about every 6 months or so to check in and hopefully run into Perch or Joe online and chat with them briefly. Today this did not happen though. Instead, I found the troubling news. Crazy to hear of his death. Perch and I became quick friends after I joined Ancient of Days when Moria came out. I became an officer of AoD some time later and remained in that position until the release of Isengard as I began to fade away from the game. During my time of actively playing in AoD, I had the opportunity to play the game with one of the nicest individuals in the game. I am deeply saddened by his unexpected departure. I will always remember doing various instances and pvp raids with him. He taught me a lot about how to be a good minstrel, but also about being a good person even though we never actually met. It is so great to see all the old faces on this post remembering Perch and the pictures from the ceremony. Many of you I had the opportunity to meet through Perch and I hope you all are well.

- Taylord/Galahir
    65 Ministrel and 65 Champion
    Former Officer of AoD
    Taylord - 65 Minstrel | Galahir - 65 Champion | Popgoestheweaver - Creep Weaver

I'm a year late to see this, but I am greatly saddened. I had the opportunity to raid once in the Rift (third heals behind Perch and Delphina) with Perchelm back in the days of SoA, as well as run Carn Dum on level with himself, Vanathane, Antilles and others; when I was playing as Frisco Finn with the Thronnos Rokke Clan.

Perchelm always had a high reputation and I'm just glad that I got the brief chance to run with him when I did. Every time I returned to peek around on Gladden over the years I would note that Perchelm was always peak level and active; which was why I was curious when I saw his character at level 85 this latest time. Then I came to the forums to browse around and saw this and I'm completely downcast. He was definitely one of the best minstrels on the server. I have nothing but the highest regard for him as a player. He will be greatly missed.

RIP
    Cribbage: Minstrel 68: Gladden server:
    Pennthir: Champ 65: Gladden server:
    Glendower: LM 65:Gladden server:
    Hernfast: Guard 65: Gladden server:

Still can't believe he's gone. Here's to the good times old buddy. Thanks for the heals. /cheers /roll
    R13 WL Vurgash; R8 Stalker Virgash; R8 BA Virrgash; R7 Reaver Godot; R6 Spider Vurgasm

RIP Perchelm.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2