We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please don’t reduce DPS

LOTRO Please don’t reduce the DPS
    From many posts I read here, the game may be off balance but please don’t reduce the DPS we do or give the monsters a lot more morale, instead increase the damage monsters do to compensate. I like fights that are fast, it’s more exciting than beating a monster 10 times for it do die; having to cast fire and thunder several times on a on lvl monster for it to die is boring.
    I find my guardian more fun to play now that things don’t take forever to die, so If you make adjustments please don’t reduce the damage we do, instead make things more challenging by making monsters more dangerous.

My main character is a lore master and I am so pleased that finally pets do damage, before the update pets were pretty much useless and the only pet I and others LMs used in endgame was the healing spirit because the others were ineffective. Thanks for that.

you're happy that your pet can be put on aggressive, you can stand in the middle of a group of on-level mobs and not do a single thing while the pet mows them down? that's fun to you??? i gotta disagree, fights where strategy are needed to win/survive are more fun that steamrolling everything in sight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vonir View Post
    LOTRO Please don’t reduce the DPS
    From many posts I read here, the game may be off balance but please don’t reduce the DPS we do or give the monsters a lot more morale, instead increase the damage monsters do to compensate. I like fights that are fast, it’s more exciting than beating a monster 10 times for it do die; having to cast fire and thunder several times on a on lvl monster for it to die is boring.
    I find my guardian more fun to play now that things don’t take forever to die, so If you make adjustments please don’t reduce the damage we do, instead make things more challenging by making monsters more dangerous.

My main character is a lore master and I am so pleased that finally pets do damage, before the update pets were pretty much useless and the only pet I and others LMs used in endgame was the healing spirit because the others were ineffective. Thanks for that.
    I have to agree. I am so loving my LM now. I can actually play the higher levels.

Leveling up is even faster now which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    you're happy that your pet can be put on aggressive, you can stand in the middle of a group of on-level mobs and not do a single thing while the pet mows them down? that's fun to you??? i gotta disagree, fights where strategy are needed to win/survive are more fun that steamrolling everything in sight.....
    Well, I think the OPs point was that it would be better to increase challenge by making mobs hit harder, thus increasing their chance of killing you as opposed to artificially extending fights by a) nerfing dps or b) adding morale to mobs. In general I agree with that point.

Quote Originally Posted by kidnova78 View Post
    Well, I think the OPs point was that it would be better to increase challenge by making mobs hit harder, thus increasing their chance of killing you as opposed to artificially extending fights by a) nerfing dps or b) adding morale to mobs. In general I agree with that point.
    still think dps needs some balancing. for instance, on a hunter at level cap, it's rare any landscape mob can even reach me before it's dead. so, adjusting how hard that mob hits would have zero effect. either need to a) nerf dps or b) add morale to mobs or c) any combination of a/b that brings a better balance.

I don't think this would fix the problem. The problem is that on my champ, I can literally run through an entire orc camp, aggro everything, and lose maybe 2k/14k morale while i mow them down. The reason your solution of raising mob dps doesn't work is because if you raise it to a point at which mobs might kill my champ with heavy armor, your LM with light armor simply would not stand a chance. What we need is our dps lowered, people keep saying this would be bad because it would take longer to level and play through content but that's not a bad thing (especially with how endgame is looking right now)

Gee, as melee fighter I really need those dps. On the war steed half of the time my skills don't fire at all because of the lag, so if only every 3rd strike hits, it HAS to do a lot of damage.

still think dps needs some balancing. for instance, on a hunter at level cap, it's rare any landscape mob can even reach me before it's dead. so, adjusting how hard that mob hits would have zero effect. either need to a) nerf dps or b) add morale to mobs or c) any combination of a/b that brings a better balance.
    Yes, I can see that being an issue for ranged DPS. I have only played my Champ and Guard since the changes so I haven't seen how ranged classes have been affected. I don't think the OP needs to worry about the previously non-DPS classes losing too much since one of the main points of the trait trees was to give every class a more solo-friendly DPS role. I am in favor of quicker mob fights though, even if it means I'm a bit more squishy in my DPS builds.

I think it's quite ridiculous that no single trash pull in instances lives longer than 15 seconds currently. If they kill us if we don't kill them in 15 seconds doesn't make it any better really.

And I actually like it when you can still turn a battle when using you skills properly after a non-perfect beginning...if it's just about "who lands the first ROFLSTOMP crit", I'm out.
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

I'm starting to think there is a group in the lotro community that is actively trying to quell the voice of the majority that KNOW that DPS is too insanely high right now and makes the game completely boring and dull. I.E. Turbine operative.

I *hope* that the OP is talking about making fights more challenging but quicker than if DPS was simply reduced, which I would agree with. Right now their hits simply glance off everytime.

Roger

I don't think a 1 on 1 fight between a hunter and one basic mob of the same level has a lot of potential for fun, no matter how much balancing work goes into it. Also, balancing around 1v1 can make those fights challenging, but as they are so common and have such little variation in them, they'll quickly become tedious anyway.

If 1v1 on level is set to hard, 1v2 and 1v3 may be impossible for some players. Who are then stuck with just the 1v1 fights forever. While I generally think better players deserve better rewards for their effort, I don't think average or below average players should be punished with boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I'm starting to think there is a group in the lotro community that is actively trying to quell the voice of the majority that KNOW that DPS is too insanely high right now and makes the game completely boring and dull. I.E. Turbine operative.

I *hope* that the OP is talking about making fights more challenging but quicker than if DPS was simply reduced, which I would agree with. Right now their hits simply glance off everytime.

Roger
    I'd say DPS is about right....I'm sick of swinging a sword at what looks like a large dog and taking a dozen hits to kill it. My Guard loves the new DPS and it feels more right to me..... Game boring and dull? Combat too easy? Ah well, I'm sure enjoying it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001ee3e9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ManaBone View Post
    I don't think a 1 on 1 fight between a hunter and one basic mob of the same level has a lot of potential for fun, no matter how much balancing work goes into it. Also, balancing around 1v1 can make those fights challenging, but as they are so common and have such little variation in them, they'll quickly become tedious anyway.

If 1v1 on level is set to hard, 1v2 and 1v3 may be impossible for some players. Who are then stuck with just the 1v1 fights forever. While I generally think better players deserve better rewards for their effort, I don't think average or below average players should be punished with boredom.
    Could not agree more. I've played Hunters since Beta and know full well that a one-on-one fight with an on-level mob was never a serious challenge for a Hunter. In my opinion (and let's face it ... we're all just expressing our own opinions), the "difficulty" or "challenge" of playing LOTRO does not come into question until my Hunter has to fight at least three on-level mobs at once.

Turbine says they will adjust DPS, so I will wait to see what they do before declaring that the sky is falling. I will mention that, after HD released, I took my 85 Hunter into Wildemore for the first time. I was shocked when I noticed that, while fighting three of the undead guys near the lake in Writhendowns, my Hunter nearly died. If not for a timely heal potion, I would have. To put it bluntly, I simply do not believe all these claims about allowing on-level mobs to wail on your character while you're AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpinto22 View Post
    I'd say DPS is about right....I'm sick of swinging a sword at what looks like a large dog and taking a dozen hits to kill it. My Guard loves the new DPS and it feels more right to me..... Game boring and dull? Combat too easy? Ah well, I'm sure enjoying it
    **mind boggles**

Nobody wants combat that simply "takes a dozen hits to kill". We're looking for combat where you actually have to think and use different skills in order to survive (or at least be in danger of dying if you go AFK). The end result may be taking "a dozen hits to kill" something however. In an MMO. Oh, the HORROR.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsock View Post
    Could not agree more. I've played Hunters since Beta and know full well that a one-on-one fight with an on-level mob was never a serious challenge for a Hunter. In my opinion (and let's face it ... we're all just expressing our own opinions), the "difficulty" or "challenge" of playing LOTRO does not come into question until my Hunter has to fight at least three on-level mobs at once.

Turbine says they will adjust DPS, so I will wait to see what they do before declaring that the sky is falling. I will mention that, after HD released, I took my 85 Hunter into Wildemore for the first time. I was shocked when I noticed that, while fighting three of the undead guys near the lake in Writhendowns, my Hunter nearly died. If not for a timely heal potion, I would have. To put it bluntly, I simply do not believe all these claims about allowing on-level mobs to wail on your character while you're AFK.
    To be fair, those undeads in Wildermore hit harder than any mob I've encountered post HD. They are the only ones to take my guard down below 50% health. Of course I was fighting 3 of them and was level 81 at the time, so they probably should have wiped the floor with me. The bad thing is I didn't even bother to look at my morale until it was getting low because I hadn't needed to pay attention in so long.

This is right what I mean, not keeping it easy, but making it fast and challeging:

Roger55: "I *hope* that the OP is talking about making fights more challenging but quicker than if DPS was simply reduced, which I would agree with. Right now their hits simply glance off everytime."

kidnova78: "Well, I think the OPs point was that it would be better to increase challenge by making mobs hit harder, thus increasing their chance of killing you as opposed to artificially extending fights by a) nerfing dps or b) adding morale to mobs. In general I agree with that point."

You are a hunter... things are not supposed to reach you...
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Create a minstrel and then tell me you cant one hit everythink from level 1-20 with call to fate/ shout/ coda. The DPS needs a nerf/ mobs need more moral, if they hit hard fine, but they need to survive too hit you!

To the "i want max dps and one-hits all the time, cause i need to level up very fast"-players, there are so many (some browser-based) hack-n-slay games out there....even with fantasy...or rudimentary rpg-elements....try them, but i want a lotro with fight-elements you have to choose in a fight that takes a while... not a shooter.....

The other unspoken option is that Trubine raised our DPS in advance of new content/updated content in anticipation of the more difficult opponents these will bring. We'll have the peoples of the Brown Lands, Rhun, The Easterners and those coming up from Harod, and of course the minions of Mordor
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    The other unspoken option is that Trubine raised our DPS in advance of new content/updated content in anticipation of the more difficult opponents these will bring. We'll have the peoples of the Brown Lands, Rhun, The Easterners and those coming up from Harod, and of course the minions of Mordor
    Thats two years away now, according the Kate's letter. Yeah, I don't think so.

Roger

I agree that simply giving a mob tons of morale doesn't provide 'real' difficulty. But DPS is currently way too high and needs to be toned down. And pets dps is particularly agravating.

In conclussion, dps needs to be adjusted AND mobs need to be toughened up.

What does it matter if you raise mobs' DPS when they can't even get a hit in before they are dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Southers View Post
    Create a minstrel and then tell me you cant one hit everythink from level 1-20 with call to fate/ shout/ coda. The DPS needs a nerf/ mobs need more moral, if they hit hard fine, but they need to survive too hit you!

But I sing so terribly, it makes others hurt themselves. It's part of my secret weapon as a Minstrel.

To be fair, those undeads in Wildermore hit harder than any mob I've encountered post HD. They are the only ones to take my guard down below 50% health.
    *cough* have you ever heard of damage reflection?
    From my memory they reflect common and westernesse damage.

It's fun killing yourself with a single critical hit, isn't it?
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast