We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Icelandics?????

Icelandics?????

just wondering if any icelandics were playing Lotro?
    would be sweet to get Server name, toons name and where u are from

Not me, but I did spend a day in Iceland a couple years ago on the way to France. The landscape near the airport reminded me a lot of Mordor. It's true! But I had a good time at the hot springs and puffin watching. And on the flight over (Icelandair) we watched Astropia which is now my wife's favorite movie. Takk!

Ég er ekki Íslendingar, en ég bjó í Reykjavík ein somar svo að læra íslensku á Háskoli Íslands. That might not be perfect, but still. The trip was a ton of fun - the phrase I heard more than any other => ertu ekki íslendingar? It seems I pass for an Icelander fairly easily, until I try to speak more than a few sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by fallohide View Post
    Ég er ekki Íslendingar, en ég bjó í Reykjavík ein somar svo að læra íslensku á Háskoli Íslands.
    And the Google translation of this is hilarious.

"I'm not Icelandic, but I lived in the Somali capital one so learn Icelandic at the University of Iceland"

Well i am icelandic and live in iceland, but i only have met 1 icelandic that plays lotro. But he doesnt know icelandic and lives in canada >.>
    Last edited by Grytubakki; Mar 18 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fallohide View Post
    Ég er ekki Íslendingar, en ég bjó í Reykjavík ein somar svo að læra íslensku á Háskoli Íslands. That might not be perfect, but still. The trip was a ton of fun - the phrase I heard more than any other => ertu ekki íslendingar? It seems I pass for an Icelander fairly easily, until I try to speak more than a few sentences.
    Its, Ég er ekki Íslendingur, en ég bjó í Reykjavík eitt sumar svo ég lærði íslensku í Háskóla Íslands. And this is clearly from goggle translate lol....

There may be more than it seems, not everyone who plays checks this board or posts here. Ég er ekki innfæddur, en kannski er ég talin ; -) What server are you on?
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

I live in Reykjavik and I would love to meet more people playing LOTRO!