We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Late entries

Plan on 2 more bodies attending the festivities - my son and I are looking forward to the fun.

Thanks,

Astrider and Ninock (Riddermark server)

I may be a tad late....but I plan on coming. Myself and Havok. Always love these Cheers!
    The number of people watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your action

Just a quick question - I was noticing in the paint graphic that all the outer RSVPers are standing; does this mean everyone who isn't at the table will be standing all evening, or will we be seated at other tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Magriel View Post
    Just a quick question - I was noticing in the paint graphic that all the outer RSVPers are standing; does this mean everyone who isn't at the table will be standing all evening, or will we be seated at other tables?
    Not to worry! There are tables for everyone, with fairly comfortable chairs. The standing was just based on Sink's comment that people tend to swarm Sapience at these things. We can certainly stay seated the whole time if we want to. Up to y'all.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Off to Niagara!

See you all there later.
    [B]Creep Powa! [/B]
    Brandywine: R10 BA Shennanigannz
    Imladris: R9 Defiler Fitkotkoi; R10 Warg Shuklahgrim

Depending on Peace Bridge traffic, we are hoping to get there right about 8ish. How early are people coming? I assume some of you will be donning some lotro swag (I will be wearing some) so hopefully we will spot the group lol....excited to see everyone and finally try this place out. Havok has been there many times. I heard it was good

~ Malty
    The number of people watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your action

I will probably be there by 7:45.

When folks arrive, especially if you're early, the group's reservation is under "Turbine" for 8:00pm. If you're coming in the main door from the street (i.e., you're very close to both the skywheel and the road), our area is at the back on the left-hand side. Don't go up or down any stairs once you're in the restaurant itself, and keep heading back and left. If all else fails, follow the smell of dwarven ale.

8. Jun 20 2014, 01:38 PM

Sent a Pm to Sapience, but not sure he had time to check his pm's/update. 2 more to add:
    Anadarth
    Naelo

Evening all! I hope those of you who came out had a great time and enjoyed the food! I know we Canucks fall short on sweet tea and ice coffee, but hopefully Boston Pizza was up to snuff for y'all.

Huge thank you to Sapience for putting this together for everyone, and for taking time out of your vacation to meet some players and have a good chat. Sorry that I missed the trivia and adventures at the end of the night: hope someone took a few videos for that!

See y'all in the game;
    Mike

Talking

Sitting here with Rubypearl, Arbalister, Dryadsong, Andjay, AnadElgoff, Bagwowwer, and a whole bunch of others. Sapience is making the rounds of the tables and a good time is being had by all.

It's trivia time! If the restaurant didn't have the music so loud I might actually be able to hear some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMark View Post
    It's trivia time! If the restaurant didn't have the music so loud I might actually be able to hear some of it.
    Gah! >_<

Have they turned it up since I left? Still not sure what they're like when they go full bar-mode.

Just wanted to thank Sapience and Warmutkan for doing this. I (Magriel) and my Hubby (Garrathor) had a great time and were so happy to meet you all. Sapience, you were so generous, both with what you gave away and for giving us your time - thank you. And Warmutkan, you did a fantastic job setting this all up - were you the one who relocated us from Angmar (the lonely other side of the section) to Bree?

If anyone is on Vilya, feel free to add us!

Thanks to Sapience and everybody who came. A fun evening. Loved the trivia contest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000009d3da/01006/signature.png]Dejahthoris[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Magriel View Post
    Just wanted to thank Sapience and Warmutkan for doing this. I (Magriel) and my Hubby (Garrathor) had a great time and were so happy to meet you all. Sapience, you were so generous, both with what you gave away and for giving us your time - thank you. And Warmutkan, you did a fantastic job setting this all up - were you the one who relocated us from Angmar (the lonely other side of the section) to Bree?

If anyone is on Vilya, feel free to add us!
    I don't think so - must've been a kindly elf! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves!

A hearty thanks from Curuthingol and Linhiril. The location was great for us - only about 45 minutes from Hamilton, Ontario. Our first meet and greet, so a very pleasant surprise. Your time, making the rounds for a bit of chat and gifts were much appreciated! Unfortunately, I was caught like a deer in headlights during the trivia contest (I blame it on being 'star-struck' over my first audience with Sapience) - but there's always next time! Thanks again, and well met to you all!

I enjoyed myself, and so did Edhriel. Thanks to everyone who helped arrange/organize, and to all those who showed up. Still waiting for Sapience's dinosaur photo.

With all the games, sight-seeing, and dizzying array of activities going on around us, we felt that the Niagara Falls strip setting for this gathering was very appropriate. And the nearby miniature golf courses, for example, set around a large man-made volcanic mountain which blasted out hot flashes of fire and smoke, reminded us of Mount Doom.

We didn't get a chance to speak with everyone, but those we did talk to were very warm and receptive (I especially enjoyed the company of so many interesting and friendly Canadians). Although we may enjoy different aspects of Lotro for various reasons, its obvious that everyone shares the same passion and enthusiasm for the game.

As for Sapience, you're a very likable down-to-earth easy to talk to kind of guy. Thanks for doing this and thank you to the others for making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    Gah! >_<

Have they turned it up since I left? Still not sure what they're like when they go full bar-mode.
    Sure seemed like, it got pretty hard to carry on a conversation after a bit.

Great night though, good fun. and some nifty swag. :-)

Thank you again Sapience and organizer(s) for another great gathering. Havok and I had a wonderful time! It was good to meet & hang with you all. I am still in awe of my wonderously epic cloak. It is so freakin awesome!~!!! THANK YYYYYYYOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! Although I missed the donation bucket due to us having to leave when we did, so is there a link Sape to where we can donate more to the cause? The wonderful pints must've clouded my view....haha...

Let us know when the next gathering is! We have some ideas for Buffalo area for you....See you next time and thanks again

~ Malty & Havok

ps...is there a picture of me in that cloak that you can email me? lol...I recall a couple snappies of that I think....

Def. had a great time! Food and drinks were good, and it was awesome to meet some new people! A big THANKS to everyone who made it happen...

We had a wonderful time!

Thank you, Sapience, for driving out here, for all the time you spent with the group, for the trivia questions, and for all the goodies!
    We hope to be able to attend next time you are in the vicinity.

Thank you, Warmutkan, for making the reservation, nice venue!

The volcano outside was the icing on the cake.
    You will grind your hamsterwheel and you will be happy.
    From f2p to p2w: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    Thank you again Sapience and organizer(s) for another great gathering. Havok and I had a wonderful time! It was good to meet & hang with you all. I am still in awe of my wonderously epic cloak. It is so freakin awesome!~!!! THANK YYYYYYYOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! Although I missed the donation bucket due to us having to leave when we did, so is there a link Sape to where we can donate more to the cause? The wonderful pints must've clouded my view....haha...

Let us know when the next gathering is! We have some ideas for Buffalo area for you....See you next time and thanks again

~ Malty & Havok

ps...is there a picture of me in that cloak that you can email me? lol...I recall a couple snappies of that I think....
    You can donate directly here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=88974

I'll be putting in the money collected at the event. I wrote down what it should work out to after exchange rate and I think it's going to come in around $300-$310 when it's all said and done. Which is FANTASTIC!
    That's for all the generosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    With all the games, sight-seeing, and dizzying array of activities going on around us, we felt that the Niagara Falls strip setting for this gathering was very appropriate. And the nearby miniature golf courses, for example, set around a large man-made volcanic mountain which blasted out hot flashes of fire and smoke, reminded us of Mount Doom.

We didn't get a chance to speak with everyone, but those we did talk to were very warm and receptive (I especially enjoyed the company of so many interesting and friendly Canadians). Although we may enjoy different aspects of Lotro for various reasons, its obvious that everyone shares the same passion and enthusiasm for the game.

As for Sapience, you're a very likable down-to-earth easy to talk to kind of guy. Thanks for doing this and thank you to the others for making it happen.
    Thanks! I'm glad you had a good time. I think the venue was great. The mini-golf and volcano outside really did make it a lot more interesting!

Evening all! I hope those of you who came out had a great time and enjoyed the food! I know we Canucks fall short on sweet tea and ice coffee, but hopefully Boston Pizza was up to snuff for y'all.

Huge thank you to Sapience for putting this together for everyone, and for taking time out of your vacation to meet some players and have a good chat. Sorry that I missed the trivia and adventures at the end of the night: hope someone took a few videos for that!

See y'all in the game;
    Mike
    And a huge thank you to YOU for organizing the venue and keeping up with everything.

Gah! >_<

I think they did. I know it went from feeling most 'background' to feeling like I was trying to talk over it by the end of the night. Maybe when it gets past a certain time they turn it up. I know a number of bars that do taht.

Mini-golf? Trivia? Hey, just like LOTROcon III next month! (for which BTW you can submit Trivia questions for the event Saturday afternoon)

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Just a quick update, after the exchange and transfer the Total amount raised during the meet and greet was $315! It has been added to the total as of this post. It just drove our total to within $125 of the next goal ($7k) for 2014 and drove the 3 year total to over $75,000.00 raised to help heal sick kids. AMAZING!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast