We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tips and Tricks for PvMP
    Part 3

Combat

Chapter 3
    Bill studied a lot. He learned a weakness of stationary hunters, RKs, defilers, LMs and spiders while they are inducting/channelling a skill.
    While they do that, you want to move around them so their skills are likely to be interupted or not go off due to you not being in line of sight.
    It's kind of similar to circle strafing.
    Here's an instructional video on how to look good while doing it:

Chapter 4
    Bill also found weaknesses of healers in the moors. They can't heal when they're disarmed (RK) or silenced (Captain, Minstrel, Warleader...).

(Belongs to Grouping) In group fights it always makes sense to have some of the members focus on CC'ing the healers of the opposing faction.
    Best classes for that are spiders, lms, flayer wargs, shield guards and burgs.

Chapter 5
    In an attempt to test the knowledge he aquired Bill got zerged and died. We are currently looking for the culprits and the place he will respawn.

In the meantime, I'll explain the worth of efficiency in character builds in the moors using 3 of my 8 WL corruption builds. (Outdated)

1. 1v1 build:
    As the name suggest, all healing buffs were taken out of it and replaced for traits that actually benefit in a 1v1 where i use no heals. There's stuff people would never trait in it, which makes it a rather special build. The corruptions are a mix of morale, mits and masteries - basically just general buffs. (There's 2 tact mits because tact dmg classes usually have higher dps and WLs base tact mit is lower than phys mit) Of course, there's still room for changes depending on 1v1 situation.
    Because who traits phys mits when there's noone at 1v1s who does phys damage?

2. raid/group build:
    This is the most "standard" build and I wouldn't be surprised to have anyone say they have a similar build. It's a build that focuses on big action and healing with defensive banner and aura.
    You have capped phys mits and almost capped tact mits, about 50% crit defense, high heals and average morale with this build. The class traits have pretty much everything for grouping included except for the enhanced rez, which should only be traited in pure raiding builds. Of course, here's also room for situational changes.

3. solo/group build:
    This is a very unique build that is most effective in small group action. both mits are pretty much capped, and the healing is slightly worse than in the build before (but still very decent).
    The huge durability of this build is best used for melee trains (because mits are capped, aura of command is the better aura choice, same goes with Attack damage banner) and for situations where your own death is inevitable. And again, still room for perfections depending on the situation.
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:15 PM.

Be nice to others...

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:14 PM.

Cool How to properly fool someone.

One does not simply buy ice cream.
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:14 PM.

Talking This is how to correctly behave during a Zombie Apocalypse.

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:15 PM.

But what about Bill and his adventures Ish?
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

What about...creep hobnanigans?

Freeps got jealous when seeing this version of hobnanigans so they tried to stop it with any means necessary, but they failed

Then after a long time they finally managed to stop it, after the sacrifice of many lifes.

Our sacrifice won't be useless, we'll have creep hobnanigans one day!

Gladden: Bregwing(r7 cappy), other 3 100s
    Semiretired

Tips and Tricks for PvMP
    Part 4

Combat

Chapter 6

After a long while looking, our investigation team found Bill involved in an endless Raid vs Raid fight. It took so long because he didn't show up at the Rez point, but instead got rez'd by a healer over and over again. The raid he was in was incredibly coordinated and, even though they had less numbers, they held themselves for a long time.

He later found out, that a lot of members in the Raid were talking in RaidCall (link). It's a VoIP program like Teamspeak, which is being used by many Crickhollow PvPers as of now. Some even want everyone in their group to be in RaidCall. It's has a lot of advantages compared to the ingame Voice chat, which is why they use it.
    If you ever plan to play on a german (don't know about the rest) server, they tend to use Teamspeak instead.

Chapter 7

Mainly for healers (especially warleaders)
    After this INCREDIBLY long fight, Bill started thinking about the ingame reviving skills.
    Since most of them revive people with a rather low amount of Morale/Power, the healers best way to face this (and safe up trait points because #### traiting rez) is to have a big heal ready directly after the usage of the reviving skill. For example, a Warleader - that uses Quitters after an untraited rez - will have his full fellowship up at around 70% to 100% morale after the rez, which prevents an immediate second death

And now, some malicious joy:
    [This guy got bashed 4 times in a row; bash = 17% chance, the last bash (the skill where he charges at him) had 100% | Meaning: There was a <0,5% chance that he would die like this.]
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:16 PM.

Exclamation RIP

In commemoration of Lotro PvMP. The rise and the fall. (* Shadows of Angmar; † U16)
    This is only a joke.
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:17 PM.

Ri - diciulous!

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:18 PM.

lotro pvp at its finest - all in 99% of the time, mother truckin' pushes all day long

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Thumbs up positive thinking

So, after reading lots of complaints on the BR Forums about PvP Balance, the new map and whatsoever - I've decided to speak out my thanks to Turbine and the Lotro dev team for not giving up on this (partly) horribly inexperienced and (partly) good-for-nothing complainer PvP Community.

As far as I'm concerned, the new changes are definitely going to get some fresh air into our PvP environment, I might start playing my WL more if i can finally find things that don't outheal my dps with no chance of killing - and that is atm only hunters and the worst noobs xD
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan, Sahlin
    too many creeps and freeps to list all

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    So, after reading lots of complaints on the BR Forums about PvP Balance, the new map and whatsoever - I've decided to speak out my thanks to Turbine and the Lotro dev team for not giving up on this (partly) horribly inexperienced and (partly) good-for-nothing complainer PvP Community.

As far as I'm concerned, the new changes are definitely going to get some fresh air into our PvP environment, I might start playing my WL more if i can finally find things that don't outheal my dps with no chance of killing - and that is atm only hunters and the worst noobs xD
    Freeps take even less damage than on live, so only hunters, some burgs and noobs can die even in beta.

Gladden: Bregwing(r7 cappy), other 3 100s
    Semiretired

A lesson in "Cricks way of PvP'ing"

Respect other fights and never give up! (props to the principal)

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:19 PM.

Respect other fights and never give up! (props to the principal)

And, because japanese humor is great, another weird one:

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:19 PM.

Video cameras caught the moment when Apacagon tries to steal the kb, but it is said that this happens all the time.

[/QUOTE]
    Apagon r12 Guardian - Feianor r10 Rune-Keeper

wb apa 4206969
    Korth - Parked At GV - Arkenstonned
    Korn - Prime-Evil-1 -Arkenstonned
    & Many Others on Crickhollow

So, Crick is one of the remaining worlds....

This means I don't have to restart this Thread in a new Forum section. This needs to be celebrated (less work equals revolution).

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:20 PM.

I think we need a lotro pvmp version of this!
    requires some League of Legends knowledge to understand

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:20 PM.

I think we need a lotro pvmp version of this!
    requires some League of Legends knowledge to understand

Nice song, waiting with excitement for your pvmp version of this. Will you get Bill to sing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teledion View Post
    Nice song, waiting with excitement for your pvmp version of this. Will you get Bill to sing it?
    I never said I'd make one, don't have the time to do so.

But, I have the time to show you funny videos.

Link to the 3 videos about the main lotro movies: click
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:21 PM.

Talking The greatest quote of all time

"In America, you build steel bridges.
    In Soviet Russia, we steal built bridges!"

Source:
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:21 PM.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Ishlan, Sahlin

A more serious post

So, if you've checked the news lately you might have found something about the refugee problem in the EU.

I live in Germany, and we expect almost a million refugees to arrive here by the end of the year. I personally don't have a problem with that many refugees arriving here, but a lot of people feel anxious about the sudden change; You will run into a group of people that can't speak your language, might look suspicious or even are terrorists who abuse the fact that there's so many people fleeing into the EU at the moment. While I can understand such a fear, I couldn't imagine being actually in that situation.

A lot of people i know have a problem with the fact that all of these people will be living on the cost of taxpayers and may not even be satisfied with what they get.
    I mean, if you came to a rich country as a refugee, you might expect great things that are nowhere near how things actually are.
    As an example:
    "Mohammed Mazher Alkilany, 28, a former PR consultant for the Damascus tourism board who is living in a temporary shelter in east Berlin, said his family of three is living on 233 euros a month provided by the government — a sum he described as too little to cover the cost of warm clothes and blankets for the coming winter.

But they are also living in free temporary housing in a building outfitted with a playground and rooms with shared kitchens, bathrooms and washing machines. He insisted, though, that he did not come to Germany simply for its generous benefits." source
    Imagine you'd have to pay 233 euros per 3 refugees, that would be 62 million euros (per month) for the estimated 800.000 to come to germany.

While I still don't have a problem even with the tax money, I really get upset when i read something like this:
    "ameron announced Monday that Britain would resettle 20,000 Syrian refugees directly from the Middle East over the next five years — a figure equal to the number of asylum seekers Germany took in over the weekend.

Cameron, however, said Britain was nevertheless acting with “head and heart” by accepting refugees only from camps around the Syrian border, while seemingly taking a jab at nations such as Germany for encouraging illegal trips by accepting so many.

“We want to encourage people not to make that dangerous crossing in the first place,” Cameron said." source

Or:

"Within Europe, countries are also trying to restrict refugees from getting to or staying within their borders. Hungary has erected a razor-wire fence along its border with Serbia in an effort to prevent refugees from crossing into Europe over land. It also announced new laws that will make it a crime to damage the fence or cross it, and will make illegal border crossing punishable by up to three years in prison. The Hungarian government also shut down train service to Germany in an apparent effort to discourage refugees from using Hungary as a transit country on their way to seek asylum there.

And Austria has now introduced checks along its internal border with the rest of Europe to search for refugees and other immigrants being smuggled into the country. Although the government claims that the checks are a humanitarian measure intended to prevent tragedies like the recent deaths of 71 people who suffocated in the back of a smuggler's truck, critics have charged that they constitute a violation of the EU's open-border policy." source

Last time i checked, it was disgraceful to criticize people or a country for the fact that they are helping others, while not doing much on their own. Like what the ####.

Well, I don't really want people to answer to this, since this is my holy thread, so if you want to say something, do it when I'm ingame.
    Ishlan, Sahlin

I totally support that Ish. Gut das nicht nur ich meinen Mund aufmachen kann. Nice job as always Ish!
    Fai ciò che ti rende felice.

Sizzlac - R12 Loremaster Zweisocke - R13 Warg
    Arkenstone

Cameron, however, said Britain was nevertheless acting with “head and heart” by accepting refugees only from camps around the Syrian border, while seemingly taking a jab at nations such as Germany for encouraging illegal trips by accepting so many.
    In case David Cameron plays on Crick, we're letting him know that he's lame!

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast