We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    It is a real shame that the scheduling problem happened. I don't think Sapience has access to his forum account here anymore, but it would have been nice if he or someone else would have been able to notify people earlier. Not that it would have made much difference by the sound of it, but I imagine it would be disappointing to have everything planned and have something like this happen. I think it would have been fair to give people at least a week or two to reorganize after the scheduling problem. Not sure why that wasn't done here, but I imagine Sapience's schedule must be pretty tight with the new job.

Hopefully there will be more server events like this moving forward, if Frelorn has anything like this planned. I know he said he was going to post a schedule this week of upcoming livestreams. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    It was very impromptu. I spoke of it several times throughout the day in between work. I just happen to go down there about 10 minutes before and found a lone hunter. We paired up and started picking people up and I advertised coordinates throughout and we picked people up along the way.(You should have seen the tells I got from using pvmp+ to advertise to coordinates...Creeps@Twenty first hall....people were bugging out thinking creeps were out of the ettenmoors.
    Nice, Ugh. I doubt it would've been possible without this.

It's a shame that Gladden wasn't able to send out the team that had been put together to actually run this but that it had to happen on the fly. As it is the "fairness" of any run is gone since there's at least two servers that were prepared for one time and had to run without notice on other days/times. It's very discouraging.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    It's a shame that Gladden wasn't able to send out the team that had been put together to actually run this but that it had to happen on the fly. As it is the "fairness" of any run is gone since there's at least two servers that were prepared for one time and had to run without notice on other days/times. It's very discouraging.
    I'm glad that people seemed to enjoy the run despite the scheduling issue. After all, the entire point of the event is for people to have fun. And they even managed to get a pretty good time despite the impromptu nature of things.

Riddermark is up, guys, and I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Erunamo86 and Mennhabar, who were both kind enough to offer video of the run for me so I could finish the transcript I'd started. Much appreciated, guys!! Erunamo86, I really appreciate all the effort you went to in order to get the video to me! And well done, Mennhabar aka Enabelle, on leading the run!

Such an awesome community of really great people, I have to say yet again!

Thank you Frikinmuck!
    I'm glad you could obtain the Riddermark stream quickly without having to wait for my arcaic internet connection (thx Erunamo86!)

Enabelle wants to thank you too for the mediatic exposure received, although she would like to point out that she is not elvish but human (the hair-covered ears didn't help there, I think).

I wasn't at all prepared to guide it, but in the end it was a fun and quite peculiar run!

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Riddermark is up, guys, and I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Erunamo86 and Mennhabar, who were both kind enough to offer video of the run for me so I could finish the transcript I'd started. Much appreciated, guys!! Erunamo86, I really appreciate all the effort you went to in order to get the video to me! And well done, Mennhabar aka Enabelle, on leading the run!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mennhabar View Post
    I'm glad you could obtain the Riddermark stream quickly without having to wait for my arcaic internet connection (thx Erunamo86!)
    Thank you both for your kind words, but that's far more credit than I deserve. I just put some files on the internet to help out - doing this tremendous work of transcribing everything or leading those runs deserves the real praise

Eldalleth is offline Weatherstock Steward
    Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    Sirannon transcript is now up and you can find it here Apologies for the delay got over half way done with it when weather storm system moved through the Northwest and caused a migraine down day.

Gladden should be up this evening working on it now

Edit- Gladden is up now and you can find it here.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Aug 29 2014 at 01:11 AM.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team twitch.tv/lotrostream :)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Laurelin

SHIELD Run Q&A Laurelin

Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

Video is available here.

1. Someone asks how Pax Prime went this last weekend?
      It went very well! Was at PAX and did a lot of good for the kids. Met some LOTRO folks, and even got to hang out a little bit with a couple of the Frag Dolls, one of whom won $5k for Extra Life during a tournament
    2. Are the GMs monitoring SHIELD runs? Is there anything we can do if we know of planned griefing
      Absolutely let Frelorn or a GM know if you know far enough ahead or just report.
    3. There is a conversation in chat about what Sapience did last year when he reached his goal.
      Sapience shaved his beard and Celedreor shares a link to the video in the chat room He was not thinking about what might happen to whiskers when gravity strikes, he ended up inhaling or swallowing a lot of sharp bristly whiskers it was quite painful.
    4. Druidsfire asks how much do I have to donate to Extra Life to get you to move Landroval's run to that Friday?
      Sapience says he's not sure he wants to make a whole server mad by moving a date but that would have to be a lot. He does understand the significance of the date he has chosen of Sept 11 but he isn't really able to move the stream. He is already behind on his Extra Life goal streams and needs to catch up on those.
    5. Sapience mentions that he is due for a couple of streams for Extra Life and you can find his streams on both channels. Sapience Channel and his Extra Life channel
    6. Celedreor mentions in chat: Someone seriously needs to guide his level 7 hunter on Landroval to Isengard, through to Rohan and up to Caras Galadhon where he can stand and play Never Gonna Give You Up on the lute as soon as Sapience arrives. [To those who don't understand the reference Never Gonna Give You Up is a Rick Astley song that Sapience(Rick) has trolled the stream with before.-Eldalleth]
      Sapience says he would seriously love to see that happen someone really needs to make that happen.
    7. A link is put in chat about free Mithril Starter edition for registering with Zam here is the link:http://www.zam.com/giveaways/lotro-starter-pack.htmlEach pack contains (an $8 value for free!):Chestnut Steed & Riding Skill, 100% Experience Boost x1,Universal Healing Potion x5, Exclusive Cosmetic Armor: Masterwork Breastplate, and Skill and Slayer Deed Boost x1.
    8. How do you make your run faster?
      You can do anything you want to boost speed, Captain Speed Boost, Hunter Speed Boost, Mini speed boost. Mini and Hunter speed boost work together, Captain and Hunter do not.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Sep 14 2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Elendlimir

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Elendlimir

Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

Video can be found here and here

1. How do you like the new position?
      He loves it been traveling like wildfire.
    2. Do you get responses from the whole communities of certain games for 'Extra Life', or is it mainly the Community Managers and other employees that you approach who donate time and effort to it?
      Most of the donations he has mentioned on his streams even the highest amounts have all been players. Anyone can sign up for Extra Life anyone can create a team or join a team.
    3. It is mentioned in chat by Southernbelle that Sapience should spend one of his streams playing with the DHS on Landroval.
      Sapience agrees that is an awesome idea since he has at least one stream open the other two at the moment are creep and freep.
    4. Do we have only until October to raise the 100 grand or is it until end of the year?
      It is until 12am on Dec 31 to raise the money and Sapience will get the tattoo.
    5. When is talk like a pirate day?
      Just before Bilbo's birthday Sept 14th.
    6. Someone in chat mentions Sapience looks a lot more relaxed on the streams now.
      Sapience says he is more relaxed for two reasons. #1, He is at home so not constantly worrying about who and what is in earshot of the mic and likely to broadcast super secret info. #2 because he can sleep in late now since his commute is up one flight of steps instead of 1 hour plus each way in Boston traffic. And obviously he gets to wake up every day knowing what he is doing is helping sick kids. Which is, frankly, a pretty darn awesome feeling.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Sep 09 2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added info- Delayed transcribing due to migraine

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Crickhollow

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Crickhollow

First video-here and 2nd video after BSOD here

1. Sapience has his first death on the run off a bridge and while waiting in Durin's Threshold mentions he is surprised and has been surprised that more groups haven't set a milestone for there or had someone waiting back there so they don't lose time.
    2. Do you get suggestions from all the folks you are now meeting what might be good incentive goals for your 2015 Extra Life campaign - and are there any as good as #InkRick ?
      There have been some that are scarier, there are some folks participating this year that are offering shaving beards, shaving heads etc, getting tattoos he likes to think he inspired that.
    3. What do you think about the theory that Gandalf was telling the fellowship to take the Eagles when he said fly you fools?
      He thinks its not much of a theory they had come that far, they could have flown a lot earlier. Ignoring the fact that eagles are not taxi cabs it would have been so obvious to Sauron they were coming from a mile away. It also would have made for a very short story, Bilbo gave the ring to Frodo, Frodo flew to Mt. Doom, dropped the ring in the crack and flew away.
    4. Sapience mentions that if you really want to know what Tolkien thought and what he would have allowed to have happen in the movies read his letters. [You can find more on The Letters of J.R.R Tolkien here- - Eldalleth

[There are no notes for Morthond as it was considered a forfeit-Eldalleth]

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Firefoot

Shield Run Q&A Firefoot

Video can be found here.

If anyone that has was present has any corrections or additions please let me know.

1. How often do you drive in the crazy Boston traffic?
      He used to do it fairly often 40 mins at its best and 3 hrs at its worst commute to Turbine even though Turbine is outside of the city depending on traffic. Now he doesn't drive it at all his commute is 14 steps from bed to office.
    2. How did the panel in Pax go?
      It went well he gave a new definition of trolling, which is him walking into a thread dropping a bomb and leaving and not returning to it.
    3. Comment in chat that we only ever see Sapience sitting down how tall is he really?
      Sapience is 6'2.
    4. Sapience shows us two of the Extra Life incentive cosmetic pets. Snowpuff and Ghost Bear. Cosmetic pets can only be out one at a time.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Sep 14 2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Apologies for the delay real life did not play nice this week.

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Belegaer

Shield Dwarf Run Q&A Belegaer

No video available for this run as xsplit stopped working after a Blue Screen of Death.

1. If someone spawns turtles on you like on Firefoot's run does that death count as a death?
      No if someone does that he would have actually accepted a rez just to foil their plans.
    2. What are you going to do after the SHIELD Runs, just Extra Life Stuff?
      Probably yes, though he will stream Lotro as well as whatever else he decides to play on his own stream. Sapience reminds everyone to be sure and follow his Extra Life streams as he has goodies to give away on that one later this month. Including a few codes for full games on steam and a TON of stuff for anyone who likes Call of Duty Ghosts.

[Many thanks from Eldalleth to Laineth/Saniko for the twitch chat capture that helped me make sure I hadn't missed anything in the scroll of chat. Sapience was typing in twitch chat following the BSOD that caused xsplit his streaming software to not work.]
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Sep 14 2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Apologies for the delay real life did not play nice this week.

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Landroval

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Landroval

Video available here.

1. Are you sad this is the final run?
      “Let’s just get right to the waterworks, huh?” He is sad, to be totally honest. A little happy, because now not working at Turbine, getting all the characters ready for the livestreams, it was a lot of work. Having to fight the Watcher outside the gates 30 times – he thinks he’s good for a long time. He’s glad he doesn’t have to level any characters up into Moria anymore.
    2. Do you know what the technical problem was yesterday, was it your video card?
      He had upped the resolution from his camera to 1080p but was still running it and all the sounds for his mixer – a ton of data going through the hub on his keyboard, which was really just designed to handle a mouse, so he pulled it all out and put it through a big 24 port USB 3.0 hub, so there’s more data bandwidth available to it. So hopefully there will be no more problems.
    3. Sapience talks about how when he first started to work at Turbine, one of the first bizarre things that was challenged in the community was, ‘can you lick your elbow?’ He says you can’t, and if you can then there’s something really wrong with your shoulder and you should get it looked at.
    4. Interviews at Turbine are tough
      That wasn’t before he worked there, that was after he got the job.
    5. Celedreor says he can lick his elbow. Sapience said there was someone at Turbine who could do it as well. He thinks he has photographic proof of it somewhere. Everyone in chat tries to do it, and talks about whether they can or not, and Sapience admits he mentioned it to see if people would try it.
    6. Next Tuesday at 2:30 will you just sit with some beer in your joggers and think, “Ahhh!”?
      (Laughs) No, he’ll be working, actually.
    7. Sapience says that he will give the official results to Frelorn so that Estel can get their festival for winning.
    8. Everyone ports back to Bree for a send-off party for Sapience, organized by myself and some members of Lonely Mountain Band and the Ales and Tales regulars.
      Sapience positions Tosmii where Hadacar began his first TTHTI runs at the top of the stairs by the Prancing Pony, back where it all started.
      Sapience reads an announcement about a Dwarven RP event happening on September 13 near Othrikar on Landroval.
      I accompany some of the Lonely Mountain Band musicians to play a jazzed up version of Auld Lang Syne for Sapience, which was prepared by Kiralynn of LMB.
      The band plays some more music as everyone says their goodbyes to Sapience and thanks him for everything. Sapience thanks everyone for such a nice send-off.
    9. How will the festival selection be handled?
      He’s going to ask Frelorn to do it the same way it was done before. Come up with a list of festivals that can be run, and post it on the Estel forums as a poll. It would need to be translated, too.
    10. Sapience says it really does mean a lot to him that players took the time to throw a little party for him. He says that getting to continue these runs after he left really helped make the transition to his new job a lot easier. He reminds everyone that it’s not goodbye, because he still owes us some streams and he’ll still be streaming through his own channel. [ And, of course, he’ll be at Extra Life for those players who want to get more involved with that excellent cause. – Frick ]
    11. Sapience admits that when he started doing the TTHTI runs, he didn’t think people would care, he didn’t think anyone was going to pay a lot of attention. He thought it would just be some fun time-killer stuff. The fact that we went through 30 servers from the Pony to Isengard and everyone said, “What next?” and then we went through 30 servers from the gates of Moria to the gates of Caras Galhadon, was far more than he ever thought it would end up being.
    12. Will you come to Weatherstock next year?
      As long as someone reminds him, he will be there. He really enjoyed hanging out this last year.
    13. Druidsfire posts links to Sapience’s streams in the chat, for those who want to follow his personal channel, and the Extra Life channel.
    14. It was smart to put Landroval last, because we give the best wrap parties
      It was not intentional, because obviously when he set the schedule up departure wasn’t even a consideration at that point, but it did work out remarkably well.
    15. Sapience says he’s going to wind it down before he starts babbling on about how great and awesome the LotRO community always has been and always will be. He says he’s going to jump out of there while he can still see the screen. He thanks everyone for all the runs, all the fun, and all the good times, and thanks to LMB, Windy Acres Ranch and all the other people who’ve been so great over the years, and says he will see us somewhere sometime someday.

Outside the gates of Caras Galadhon on the final SHIELD run.

The final farewell.

Here are some of the goodbyes that were said in chat at the end of the event. A fitting way to end this.

Davidrutgers: Damn those onioncutting Ninja's...
    Nyn_arkenstone: Glad I got to join you on these adventures!
    Flozzinator: Thanks again!
    Corulin: Sapience, thank you for everything!
    Melindrien: Thanks Rick, for everything you've done for LOTRO - and for these events - even if it's from a relative newbie who only started playing a year ago this month
    Celedreor: Mr sapience you have always been a legend to me ever since that first livestream for extra life 2013
    Blossomberry: End of an era
    Beardoin: well Sapience_ its been a fun year with all these runs, will make sure to come onto your own stream as well now
    Jessied_91: What on earth am I supposed to look forward to during the weeks NOW?!
    Raesharra: Thank you Sapience for all you have done for us. I hope that you come back to visit us on Landy some day.
    Druidsfire: Not all tears are a sorrow. - Gandalf
    Acushlady: So long then, @Sapience - Au revoir
    Fosco0xff: bye sapience_, have fun
    Themountainsong: Thank you so much Rick for organizing these (and all you did with LotRO), it's been so fun, and thank you
    Eldalleth: 30 servers and 30 servers all that fun
    Sam_burke: 30 servers, and I was on each one!
    Celedreor: we'll all miss your cheerful disposition which united us all
    Greymaster: TBH these streams were a big part of getting me more involved in the community.
    Hurcheon: Rick Heaton, not so much a Community Manager as a Bodhisattva
    Laurolas: awwwwwwwwwwwwww bye rick! thank you so much!
    Trettengamers: bye Rick
    Guitarchim: :'(
    Fincinelodie: ~hugs~
    Eldalleth hugs @Sapience_
    Debatz_: bye rick see you soon
    Laineth: Namarie!
    Aravilui: Adieu, Rick! We'll see you soon
    Hurcheon: Oidche Mhath Rick!
    Mzrts12: see you soon
    Blossomberry: Awww he teared up, how sweet!
    Raesharra: Until we meet again
    Laineth: (soon TM)
    Frickinmuck: Bye, thanks for everything you've done for the community!!! *hugs*
    Sapience_: thanks everyone. I really kinda thought I had all the sadz over and done with. This is probably the best send off any CM ever got from any community.
    Lhinnthel: Farewell! We will miss you!! ((hugs))
    Druidsfire lightly punches Rick in the arm for making her cry.
    Southernbelle0927: thank you, Sapience..you really made us feel like part of the community
    Aravilui: You made us feel like a family
    Jessied_91 busy trying not to cry
    Beardoin: Sapience_ do feel like you can come back anytime, we would all welcome you with much joy
    Nyn_arkenstone: Glad to see I'm not the only one.
    Hurcheon: I don't know Sapience half as well as I would like, and I like less than half of him half as well as he deserves, but he has been great to watch and listen to
    Laurolas: haha hurch
    Melindrien: *glares at Rick for making her cry* Geez
    Sapience_: "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

Interview with a Turbine Developer

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10