We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Eldalleth is offline Weatherstock Steward
    Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Talking Frelorn Q&A from Livestreams

Last edited by Eldalleth; Feb 14 2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Updated information
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team twitch.tv/lotrostream :)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

I'll look forward to his live streams and your transcriptions.

If I could ask you to somehow separate the different question and answers with either color for questions or a space between sections it would be helpful. I usually don't read them now because they're so smooshed together and it's difficult for me to get through.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post

If I could ask you to somehow separate the different question and answers with either color for questions or a space between sections it would be helpful. I usually don't read them now because they're so smooshed together and it's difficult for me to get through.
    It's good you're giving feedback on this. No need to suffer through when you can speak up and get some revisions made to help with any problems you are having.

If you need a hand with transcriptions, let me know. I'm heading back to college in a week, but, depending on the dates, I might still be able to pitch in from time to time.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post

Thanks for the feedback and Ill definitely try to space them out or different color the questions Ill see which works better

Mar-Evayave
    If you need a hand with transcriptions, let me know. I'm heading back to college in a week, but, depending on the dates, I might still be able to pitch in from time to time.
    Thanks Mar-Evayve I will hollar if it looks like I need the help. I appreciate it
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

6. Aug 23 2014, 12:02 AM

Weatherstock Steward
    Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

8-21-2014 Test Stream 2

8-21-2014 Test Stream 2
    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post. I am trying out coloring the questions to hopefully make them easier to separate from the answers. Feedback is appreciated both good and bad

Video is available on twitch here

1. How will you choose a character to play for the streams? He will put up a forum poll to have the player base choose his character class and race.
    2. Will Frelorn run a character as Beorning? Yes, when Beorning's come out he will definitely do a stream as a Beorning.
    3. Will you be doing any streams from the Ettenmoors? Yes but that will take a little more planning. Players are welcome to dog pile him when he is over there and make the servers cry.
    4. What type of account in-game will you be using? He will be using a VIP account so that it will be possible to go into any area.
    5. How long have you been playing LOTRO? He started when the game launched in 2007. Its been a couple of years since he has played so its a re-learning experience.
    6. How often will you do streams? He plans to do streams as much as he can he loves streaming. They have a few other ideas thanks to players as to what else will be streamed.
    7. Will he group with the players? Yes especially as he is leveling up and getting into group instances he will definitely ask for help.
    8. He will put up schedule next week for when he plans on streaming. 1-2 days a week for this, some developer streams, some feature streams, some pvmp streaming.
    9. What class is your main? His main is a Guardian that he has been leveling up as he has time. Though that is hard to do while relearning an old job. He sets aside meeting time for playing time at times so he gets a chance to play.
    10. Will he attempt the Epic Solo Battles? When he gets there he will definitely attempt them, should be comical, sometimes depressing as we see his skills.
    11. Frelorn mentions that since LOTRO reached 50k followers on Twitter they are giving away a Swan Cloak the code is valid until the 25th. Code for the cloak is SWAN and is 1 use per account.
    12. Can you do giveaways sometime sometimes on stream? Yes, he can do both giveaways on here and on Twitter.
    13. Are we allowed to make fun of you if you mess up in game? Yes he would be disappointed if we didn't, we have carte blanche whenever he is in game doing stuff to make fun of him. He is a Community Manager he has thick skin.
    14. Can we pick out your cosmetics and armour on your character? Yes we will be allowed to give opinion on gear etc, we can tell him to do anything as long as we don't get him killed a lot, that could get expensive.
    15. What program are you using for streaming right now? Xsplit Pro, he played around with OBS, but Xsplit works just as well so he went with that.
    16. He plans on getting this setup to where on the stream page, there will be reasons for the rest of us to stream, there will be giveaways for people to stream, they hope to eventually get where if someone is really good they will have it to where we can stream on their LOTRO twitch channel. He did that some previously with Infinite Crisis.
    17. Will you be doing things for European players? He will do his best to try and set up at least one of the stream times to be European friendly, set up one of the times earlier our time to be European friendlier. Giveaways like t-shirts and stuff will not be region specific.
    18. His philosophy is if he is playing he should be streaming so we will probably along with scheduled time probably see him pop in occasionally just because he has an hour free and decides to go play.
    19. Is it possible to get higher quality video from Twitch? Yes he is going to look into that and see what it takes for the quality options to be available on the channel.
    20. Do you have any information on the voting of Sapience as Community Manager? He does not. [ Dragon Slayer Awards are still currently in voting visit their website to vote for this and many other things. http://community.guildlaunch.com/pro.../DragonSlayer/ -Eldalleth]
    21. Players in chat warn Frelorn that a lot of the streams turn into talk of food. Frelorn says hes okay with that, talk comes up in chat about bacon and Frelorn mentions he has had bacon popcorn and its not as good as you would think. Someone else on the team brings over to Frelorn a bacon scented air freshener. Frelorn mentions if he had one of those in his car he would never leave.
    22. What does or what all should a community manager do? That is the most loaded question ever. Frelorn says we are the conduits between developers and players, we put up the content on the websites. We do streams and chats and pass along information, we run the social channels, we help come up with the content and idea, and we make sure feedback is getting from one place to another. Its a very open ended job, Community managers are the ones that do whatever they can do to help out. Someone in chat jokes he is also armed with a nerf gun.
    23. To encourage streamers he is going to look into having overlays created on a webpage that would help a streamer, maybe backgrounds or music and overlays to make it easy to use.
    24. Have they done the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? Turbine did it and challenged Nether Realms who accepted the challenge. They dumped ice water on their heads as well as donated to www.ALSA.org [You can see Turbine's Ice Bucket Challenge here - Eldalleth]
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Aug 23 2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Typos

Aw, I missed it?

Anyway, I'm not sure if Frelorn intends to put a stamp of approval on the way Sapience did, but I did want to mention that in #3 it's Ettenmoors. Otherwise, great job!
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Eldalleth View Post
    I am trying out coloring the questions to hopefully make them easier to separate from the answers. Feedback is appreciated both good and bad
    Could I request that a line break be added between the question and the response? For me it makes it easier if instead of:
    How will you choose a character to play for the streams? He will put up a forum poll to have the player base choose his character class and race.
    there is:

How will you choose a character to play for the streams?
    He will put up a forum poll to have the player base choose his character class and race.
    However, if no one else feels the same or if you think it would make the post too long, I can live with it the way it is.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    Rainith

Quote Originally Posted by Eldalleth
    I am trying out coloring the questions to hopefully make them easier to separate from the answers. Feedback is appreciated both good and bad
    Could I request that a line break be added between the question and the response? For me it makes it easier if instead of:
    How will you choose a character to play for the streams? He will put up a forum poll to have the player base choose his character class and race.
    there is:

How will you choose a character to play for the streams?
    He will put up a forum poll to have the player base choose his character class and race.
    However, if no one else feels the same or if you think it would make the post too long, I can live with it the way it is.

Hi Rainith I can certainly try it that way I tried to make it like that last night but with numbering the forum wants to number both the question and the answer which is a bit confusing lol. Thank you for the feedback I do appreciate it and will see what I can do

I know it's a couple of extra characters to type, but numbering the questions by hand instead of using the built-in bullet list will allow you to linebreak.

1. There is a question here?
    There is an answer here.

2. There is a question here?
    There is an answer here

and so on
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

What Brandon suggested would be perfect, it makes it so much easier to read!
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    I know it's a couple of extra characters to type, but numbering the questions by hand instead of using the built-in bullet list will allow you to linebreak.

1. There is a question here?
    There is an answer here.

2. There is a question here?
    There is an answer here

and so on
    Thanks for sharing Brandon that is what I finally needed to do on the Shield run for Imladris transcript. For the transcripts where its only about 10 questions hand numbering isn't too bad getting the formatting to work, longer ones sometimes fight back. Its a fine tuning experiment. Since I usually type up the livestreams in Word or Note Pad since the forums tend to auto save at unknown (to me) intervals I don't like to take chances. However, moving my information from Word specifically even using the advanced edit option for typing up message can end up very interesting at times lol. I appreciate the continued feedback thanks again.

You actually don't need to hand number to separate the questions from the answers and make it a bit more readable. Hand numbering is more work and can actually make things less legible because you lose the hanging margin and the numbers get all mixed in with the text visually. Here's what I mean by that hanging margin making things more legible:

1. A question
      An answer
    2. Question two
      The answer to that
    3. Here is another example
      And the answer

In the end, what works visually for some people might not work for others - everyone will have an opinion on what works best for them - but there are some basic things that most people can hopefully agree on.

I am just grateful for all your hard work, Eldalleth, regardless of the formatting you choose. I know firsthand how much effort goes into a transcript and it's a lot of work. It's important and thoughtful to consider feedback, but in the end I hope you'll do what works best for you. Once you get into a flow it will make your life a lot easier because some transcripts can get really lengthy.

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Frelorn Q&A 9/4/2014

Frelorn Q&A 9/4/2014

Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

Video is available here

This is the first of Frelorn's streams of creating a new character and playing as he chats with us.

1. What server is he going to play on?
      He started a character on Gilrain by chat vote.
    2. What class is he going to be playing?
      By popular vote in chat he decides to play a minstrel since he has never played that before.
    3. What race is he going to be playing?
      Frelorn chooses a hobbit and begins the customizing, he chooses Harfoot origin so he can use the darker skin and make his hobbit look tan.
    4. While choosing a name through the randomizer Frelorn discovers that some names showing in the randomizer are already in use and mentions they should fix that and makes a note. Final character name choice is Thralor.
    5. When do we get to see him stream Beornings?
      You won't see it on the stream from today but when the class comes out he definitely will stream as a Beorning.
    6. Someone in chat comments that he doesn't seem to know the low level area.
      Frelorn answers that he is definitely more familiar with higher level areas as his chars are 72/73.
    7. A question is asked in chat about how the offices are set up at Turbine.
      Frelorn answers that it is one big building that houses everything, DDO is the area behind him and further at that end is Infinite Crisis. To the front of his desk is LOTRO and Marketing and Offices.
    8. Frelorn shares that he will definitely be streaming more often after Sapience finishes up the SHIELD runs and he is able to not have to worry about accidentally running into Sapience's time for a run.

Can we get this moved to the archives with the other Q&As?
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Someone made a comment to me about the background of the video, weirdly an open space with office stuff all around does not looks very pro. And I remembered Frelorn did talk about a recording studio at Turbine in a past stream.
    A place where we could see some LOTRO props, posters and merchandising to promote the game toward the curious viewers would make a bigger impact I think.

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Frelorn Q&A 9/18/2014

Frelorn Play and Chat Thursday 9/18/2014

If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

Video is available here.

1. Frelorn mentions they are still working with Twitch on the quality of the video to where it will have a quality selector for viewers to change the quality. He mentions that while watching it on the playback he can see that it is not optimal.
    2. Question in chat regarding the issues that are happening with the game causing lag and loss percentages and people getting invisible walls trying to get places.
      Frelorn answers that they are looking into it and so far it looks like the problem is fixed.
    3. Someone mentions that he needs to make a character and go to the Ettenmoors.
      Frelorn says Oh don't you worry I will definitely be going to the moors and when I do you will get to choose the class same as on here.
    4. Someone mentions that Frelorn ought to make a character and go to the Ettenmoors on the same day Sapience is streaming for Extra Life.
      Frelorn jokingly responds sounds like a good idea Ill just take my admin client so I can make sure and win.
    5. Someone in chat mentions that the fastest way to level is do all the quests.
      Frelorn jokes well actually the fastest way for me to level is type in a command but I'm doing it the legit way and leveling with you all. He says he isn't on an admin account but he could do it but he won't because that would be an abuse of his admin powers. He likes being able to level the way most of us would and get the full experience and take feedback back to the team.
    6. Frelorn is going to try and slot more time in the future for the streams maybe 2 hrs so he can accomplish more but he has a meeting to go to today. He will see if he can fit 2 days maybe in a week like Tuesday or Thursday.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Sep 21 2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: formatting

I will be transcribing the Livestreams from Frelorn. This thread is a placeholder and will have more information soon
    Thanks for your efforts - current and future!!!

Frickinmuck has been outstanding, and no doubt has "tired fingers and ears" for all her transcription work thus far!

Thanks to both of you!
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

with the game causing lag and loss percentages and people getting invisible walls trying to get places. [/COLOR][/B]
    Frelorn answers that they are looking into it and so far it looks like the problem is fixed.

They loss is still very very bad at times. Over the weekend we had no less that a dozen lag encounters with loss spiking above 60% for everyone on the server(Gladden). Its been bad enough that we were 3 manning a t3 skirm and was on the final fight and was for sure we were dead, with chat rolling along just fine.., but when it began to lax we saw that the npcs too were so lagged out they couldn't even attack.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    I wanted to clarify something since I had someone mention it to me in game as well. The livestream where it was mentioned that the problem seemed to be resolved was on Thursday the 18th as noted in the date at the beginning of that post. I had real life going on and was unable to transcribe and post notes until Sunday. I try not to deviate from what was on the video at the time the video was done. I mentioned this in another post but will post it here as well. They are looking into the problem still as I know on Dwarrowdelf for sure we had QA +Bletchley on a lot last night removing invisible walls among other things. I am not a technical enough person to understand what they have to do on the back end of things to fix whatever is causing all of this but have seen them working on it in game throughout the weekend. Hopefully it straightens out soon.

Valamar thanks for the kudos it can be a blast at times transcribing the streams, I did about the last 5 or 6 of the SHIELD runs so you have likely been seeing me more than you realize Frickinmuck will still be doing the large update streams especially if I have one of Frelorn's weekly streams the same week.

Would it be possible to separate the threads by QA by date and Type? Perhaps maybe a sub-forum for each type?

I haven't kept up with the Q&As on live-streams as I don't frequent those types of sites so finding the transcript is fantastic. If the were actually separate threads of sub-forums for each type that might make the threads shorter and you could pick up the current one easier.

ex: I did have some confusion about the date-lines for each of the live streams and actually tried to get the SWAN code to work. Then I figured out it expired the End of August not the End of Sept (I saw that it was "good through the 25", just missed the month part)
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    I haven't kept up with the Q&As on live-streams as I don't frequent those types of sites so finding the transcript is fantastic. If the were actually separate threads of sub-forums for each type that might make the threads shorter and you could pick up the current one easier.
    They are largely divided up into different threads already. There was a thread for the Take the Hobbits to Isengard runs, one for The SHIELD ones through Moria, one for Frelorn's day-to-day livestreams (the oe we are currently discussing in), and one that sort of gathers them all together in one place. This last one is where you can find transcripts for the preview tours, the dev roundtables, the Q&A with Rowan after U14, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    They are largely divided up into different threads already. There was a thread for the Take the Hobbits to Isengard runs, one for The SHIELD ones through Moria, one for Frelorn's day-to-day livestreams (the oe we are currently discussing in), and one that sort of gathers them all together in one place. This last one is where you can find transcripts for the preview tours, the dev roundtables, the Q&A with Rowan after U14, etc.
    I was thinking more about splitting them by date within a sub forum. The Shield run is +14 pages and growing. Imagine what it will be like when it hits 999 pages. How much of page1-10 are going to be relevant when it gets to p100?

sub forum Shield Run
    date A
    date B
    date C

sub forum Twitter Chat
    date A
    date B
    date C
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    I was thinking more about splitting them by date within a sub forum. The Shield run is +14 pages and growing. Imagine what it will be like when it hits 999 pages. How much of page1-10 are going to be relevant when it gets to p100?

sub forum Shield Run
    date A
    date B
    date C

sub forum Twitter Chat
    date A
    date B
    date C
    The SHIELD thread is over. The Isengard one is over too. Each event gets its own new thread, and the first post in that thread is an index, so it's not too difficult to keep track of. There are only ever 29 (30 with the Bullroarer one) runs per event, therefore only that many items in the index for each event thread. Once the event is over, the thread is complete. People don't really go back to them and keep chatting or anything.

I don't know how Eldalleth plans on organizing the Frelorn day-to-day thread (this one), but so far it's not an issue because there haven't been many streams and not many people commenting on them.

Good to see Turbine has experienced workers on the game
    Leader of S.O.A Firefoot

85 LM 85 Min 85 Burg 85 Capt 85 RK 84 Guard 65 Warden 75 Champ 85 Burg

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast