We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Eldalleth is offline Weatherstock Steward
    Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Frelorn Q&A 1/8/2015

Thursday Fun with Frelorn 1/08/2015
    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.
    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post. Unless otherwise noted all Announcements and answers to questions posted are Frelorn's answers. If there is a special guest I will note them answering the questions. Please try to keep this thread to the questions and answers from the stream and start topics concerning questions from this thread in a new thread to make it easier for people to find answers they need. Thanks a lot

Announcements
    Producers Letter- It was put out and can be found in the Dev Tracker, as well as the introduction to the new Executive Producer Athena "Vyvyanne" Peters, you can find as well on the Dev Tracker where she has responded a number of times already to questions brought about by the Producers Letter. Producers Letter Article can be found here. Main Discussion of the Producers Letter can be found here - [Eldalleth Note--For those who haven't used the Dev Tracker it is at the top left side of the forums page underneath the Lord of the Rings Online Logo. Dev Tracker can be used to view anytime a Developer, Community Manager, Exec Producer have commented on or posted a thread. ]
    Questions- If you want a question answered, I will do my best to answer them, I won't answer them all and I especially won't answer questions that are framed in a rude or condescending manner. Im not calling on anybody in particular, but if you come at me in some way that comes off in less than nice than I will less than nicely not answer your question. Pretty simple.

Q&A

1. Question: Will Athena (Vyvyanne) do a stream or hop on during one of your streams? Face time with Rowan always helped.
      Yes that is one of the things we will do in the not so distant future, we will either have her jump on with me or do something streaming and get that squared away as quickly as we can.
    2. Question: What timeline are the server changes working on are we talking before or after Osgiliath?
      I will reiterate what has already been said when we get closer to making the final plan for everything server related done we will make sure to roll out the information to you guys. Let everyone put in their feedback and see what we can do. The goal for us is to make server transfers and ease of moving from one server to another very very easy. We are a little too early in the process yet, so we aren't going to just come on some day and say guess what everybody this is happening. There is no timeline set at this point, its a matter of put things out when they are done and ready not when they meet the timeline.
    3. Question: Has there been any discussion among the developers about what happens after Eastern Gondor: specifically, it would seem like Mordor would be next, but that would seem to "end" the game. What then?
      Yes there has been discussions, that's all I can say, you'll have to wait and see what happens, yes I am the King of the Vague Answers.
    4. Question: How probable is the new PvMP map, and if it does happen, how much longer after Osgiliath would it be likely to come?
      The information we gave you guys is exactly what we have currently, we do realize its going to take a significant amount of work for the PvMP stuff, this is one of the things I hold near and dear to my heart. When I first started on Lotro, I was the PvMP person, so this is something I gravitated to now that Im back on the team. To clarify: this would be its own separate area there will be no, "Hey pve people you have to go into the pvp area, it will be like the Ettenmoors you don't have to go in that. " Of course we know that PvMP as a whole is not in a happy place right now and needs to get better and we want it to be better to be blunt. Its not just about making a new map its about what we can do to make PvMP better, part of that is the new map, because we know the Ettenmoors is not optimal, there is bad server boundaries, some of the mechanics a lot of players don't like, we know, we hear the feedback and we know what people are saying so this is something we want to explore in the upcoming year. As we get closer we will be soliciting feedback and asking players and seeing what we can do. Its like anything if we put it on the Producers Letter its something we want to do, we are confident we can do it, but nothing is 100%, that is just the bottom line. But I think if there is one thing this team has proven in the last year its that we have delivered on almost everything we said we were going to deliver, and that is the goal for this year as well. As we get closer to that I'll be dragging Jinjaah over kicking and screaming, well not actually, since he actually likes doing this stuff and get him on and solicit feedback and get him on the forums and all the stuff because he's the man.
    5. Question: Frelorn: New hardware was mentioned for the EU servers after the move back to the other side of the pond. What about NA servers -- do they get new hardware too? Is this expected to improve game stability, especially in the Moors? Significantly reduced lag and crashes?
      The goal is, what little I can say about this, is to move the hardware over there, we have a data center over in Amsterdam, so we are hoping to move the EU servers over there. So the EU servers can have there servers over there not going to change anything else about the service, it will be your servers will be physically closer to you guys. Same thing with North America we have another data center there that we will hopefully eventually move to, not going to say exact locations now. Server moves are not exactly easy, its all scheduling timing but yes, eventually to get the North American Servers on newer better hardware and better infrastructure as a whole.
      Systems Designer Trevor "Jinjaah" joins the conversation in the chat area any responses by Jinjaah will be noted. Game Systems Engineer Leo "Ransroth" enters the chat area as well.
    6. Question: What discussions between players and devs happened before the reputation item change was made?
      There wasn't a ton because we had to move rather quickly on that one, as I said in the release notes for the Hotfix, we will be watching the feedback on the numbers we put up and if something needs to be changed we will go in and change it. This was something that we found a larger than acceptable number of people taking advantage of that system and earning literally thousands of Turbine Points in a very short time. We want people to earn turbine points but when they are making thousands and thousands of them in a few days than thats a problem that needs to be fixed. We will adjust on the fly as we need to.
    7. Question: Any word on the streaming team stuff? My faulty memory is telling me it'd come with the producer's letter....
      I didn't say it would come with the Producers Letter I said beginning of the year I have the page up still working on the artwork, and then I will make the calls for you guys to put in your emails. Probably either tomorrow or Monday or Tuesday coming rather quickly actually.
    8. Question: Hey Frelorn can you poke the servers or give them a cup of coffee. Servers have been rather laggy during the holidays ):
      It was my understanding that after yesterday's hotfix that performance was better. Its never perfect, but should be better if that is not the case please as always let us know. The reports of lag I was getting on the forums have gone down dramatically since the hotfix. It also depends on where you are, we saw a lot of lag and were not the only ones over the holidays, I can confirm this from friends in other game companies due to pirates and other hacking and bad people on the internet. Not an excuse or blaming specifics.
      Ransroth: A lot of the lag was due to some of the exploits that were happening until the update yesterday. Hopefully things will be less laggy now.
    9. Question: Are there any big changes to the classes coming this year?
      I don't know, Im sure there are some class things coming I dont have anything in my road map that says "Hey big huge change is coming", we are always making adjustments, I don't forsee huge overhaul changes, no level cap change.
    10. Question: No major class changes planned, but would it be reasonable to expect some class tweaking while investigating new PvMP zone?
      Jinjaah may come over and smack me in the back of the head when I say this but I think we agree and its something Ive talked with the team about, with what Im about to say but PvMP hopefully should never impact PvE. So hopefully if we make changes it will be to the Monster Player side to make sure they are on par with the existing PvE guys. Unless something is busted and not working, we shouldn't nerf and make changes to the PvE guys since they are made specifically for PvE. If something is busted obviously we will fix it but not just for the sake of PvMP. So hopefully we don't go that road because its a slippery slope, Im not a dev there are reasons I don't touch the things in the game like that. I have faith in those that do though, and I think they will do an amazing job when they do go in there and do stuff.
    11. Question: If you don't change our classes for PvMP, what about changing creep classes? Some creep classes are currently hugely overpowered.
      Thats kind of what I just said, is if any adjustments are going to be made, thats what I'm saying would be done if anything the monster players or creepside would be where the adjustment would be made. Whether it would be up or down I will leave that to people much smarter about that than me.
    12. Question: Frelorn, are you guys doing any booths or parties at PAX East?
      I have no announcement on that yet we haven't gotten that far in planning yet.
    13. Question: How about crafting? Any updates for lvl 100?
      I have no idea I will leave that to the devs to answer for you guys, nothing in my books for it but I don't go down to the detail til update, so I can tell them either you guys will love it or oh my god the sky is falling they will hate it.
    14. Question: Do you already know who is going to participate in the stream thing? And can/will you share it with us now?
      I will put a call out for emails and make sure your going to be appropriate and can be on there Ill add you in. Those that Ive already watched a lot will be approved.
    15. Question: do you think Chris Pierson could livestream/record his talk? [conversation in chat about Mythmoot mentioned Chris Pierson one of the World builders will be speaking at it]
      What we can do is maybe convince Chris when he gets back and has some time from building all of our magical worlds to do a stream and do a little q&a. We also have some cool video stuff for you guys this year and once the rest of the team gets back in the swing of things you'll see some pretty cool stuff coming out from us.
    16. Question: Are there any plans to making all festival tokens the same? The Yule festival tokens are simply "Festival Token" whereas the rest are still specific to their festival. Can it be changed so that they all use the same token.
      Not planned currently but that is a good suggestion.
    17. Question: If players wanted to help "develop" content for the game, would Turbine be willing to open that door for them? Such as contests to design cosmetics for characters and war-steeds?
      We have done that in the past but it is a very lengthy process because we have to get lots of approvals from lots of different places and the artists have to put in time to actually produce the content. Its not the easiest thing in the world to do and not the best use of time and resources, but that all being said it is possible.
    18. Question from Jinjaah: Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?
      100 duck-sized horses gimme a hockey stick Ill take them on, horse sized duck thats scary haven't you ever been chased by a duck. Jinjaah responds- yeah but think about this. You are at the office, and all of a sudden you hear 100 duck sized horses just charging from somewhere. But they are so small, you can't seem them over the desks around you? I spend way too much time thinking of this...I that may be true but I'll still take my chances, one big giant duck would scare the #### out of me.
    19. Question: Can you give us any hints on the new episodic content?...
      It is going to be awesome, I have seen a lot of people comparing it to content from other games but I don't believe its really like that, anything episodic is similar in certain thoughts of hey there is a new episode, my understanding is its not what people are thinking but you will have to wait and see.
    20. Question:Is there gonna be a new PVMP map?
      Thats what we are investigating its not a matter of yes or no, its can we do it, can we make it better than the existing one, is it going to deliver a fun experience for players, we are looking into it, when the time comes we will of course solicit feedback from you guys.
    21. Question: Why are some cosmetic pet names forbidden?? (On a non-RP server btw)
      Because they are in the name filter for whatever reason, some may be inappropriate some may be lore breaking, names of something already in the game.
    22. Question: If somehow we don't get a new PvMP map, would we be able to get at least a revamp of the current map?
      Maybe, its not in the plans but plans change, I personally would rather see a new map, than fixing something that many people don't enjoy for various reasons. But remember not up to me, people much smarter than I am are working.
    23. Question: The Yule Festival is currently scheduled to end on the 13th. Will we get an extension on that? And if not, what time on the 13th will it actually be shut down? 3 AM EST on the 13th? Or will it actually be the early hours of the 14th?
      I don't know of any plans on extending it, I can't give you the exact time as QuartermasterU isn't next to him to ask.
    24. Question: Any chance for scaled Tower of Orthanc and Dar Narbugund raids? And is there a chance to see a new raid later in 2015?
      Im pretty sure we said no new raids this year at least in the content that has been explored in the Producers letter which covers the first half of the year, but anything is possible. The scaled up stuff, things are different with old quests, a lot of systems have changed and its just not as easy because they are tied into a lot of things that aren't as system friendly as what we have now.
    25. Question: do you think will LotrO ever get one huge server and merge all others into that one?
      No I don't think that will happen.
    26. Question: Shelob think that will be for 2016?
      Its funny because we had just talked about doing a new quest with spiders and I wanted a fluffy bunny instead but they said it wasn't lore appropriate. Whereas I think it would be amazing to have a white bunny quest.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team twitch.tv/lotrostream :)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

Quote Originally Posted by Eldalleth View Post
    Thursday Fun with Frelorn 1/08/2015

Question: If you don't change our classes for PvMP, what about changing creep classes? Some creep classes are currently hugely overpowered.
    creeps classes are overpowered? L O L

Question: Are there any plans to making all festival tokens the same? The Yule festival tokens are simply "Festival Token" whereas the rest are still specific to their festival. Can it be changed so that they all use the same token.
    Not planned currently but that is a good suggestion.
    With Update 9, Against the Shadow (December 17, 2012), the tokens of the festivals were converted to Festival Tokens. Why the rest still have their seasonal festival tokens, and the Spring Festival the Spring Leaves, I do not know, but I'm guessing the change was unpopular. Now only the Yule Festival still have the Festival Tokens. The Yule Festival Tokens had snowflake engravings on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Update 9, Against the Shadow, Official
    We’ve made changes to this year’s Yule festival. One of the most notable is the change to festival tokens. When you log in, you’ll notice that your festival currencies from the different festivals will convert into a single festival currency. It should convert on a one to one basis (one old token for one new unified token). Race tokens obtained from running festival races in Bree and the Shire will also convert into this new unified token, but at a higher rate. This allows us to use a single ‘festival currency’ going forward.
    Star-Man_1976

On every server. All 12 of them, and sometimes also on Bullroarer.

Where is my "Dead Hobbits Society" title?

Thumbs up

...[*]Question: Shelob think that will be for 2016?
    Its funny because we had just talked about doing a new quest with spiders and I wanted a fluffy bunny instead but they said it wasn't lore appropriate. Whereas I think it would be amazing to have a white bunny quest.[/LIST]
    Oh thats is cute! But make them rabbits of all the colors rabbits could be (dark brown, black, dark gray, light gray, orange-brown, white albino, patched) . I want a quest to help a farmer catch hopping hobbits in a field because they got freakout & ran away when a calvary ran by them. This will put a bit of whimzy to all the doom & gloom of the new zone.

I'm still gutted this ended up being on a Thursday, it's my late night in work (7pm UK) so I miss out, and I was one of the ones who suggested Frelorn should choose Gilrain lol!

Can someone please ask the following questions during the live stream for me, since I can't be there.

Dead Marshes (Gilrain) - a friend and I have just done the warbands daily for two months and neither of us have picked up a frog or turtle pet. Could the drop system be broken or do we just keep trying? Most people who got the frog said they got it quite quickly when we asked.

Dead Marshes/Central Gondor - what happened with the other frog pets that were mean't to be bartered in Central Gondor?

Yule Festival - have a little kindness at Christmas time, up the Hobby Horse drop rate please!!! I've done it every day on 13 alts for the whole duration. No hobby horse, boo!

Joke question - can I please have my boat mount yet?

Thank you in advance to whoever asks these for me

Frelorn - please give us another day once in a while, Tuesday preferably!
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Hi guys, hopefully someone can ask my questions above, but if I can be cheeky, can someone also ask the following to -

Is there any reason Hobnanigans has to be turned off and be a once-a-month event? Could you not just leave it on so people who have limited time (and aren't always free at the weekends) can just chip away at it - the rewards are low and it's too slow going to get the items you want. Pretty please?

To quote Han Solo, "No reward is worth this!"

And thanks to the people who do the hard work writing up the Q&As, you are stars!
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

[*]Question: The Yule Festival is currently scheduled to end on the 13th. Will we get an extension on that? And if not, what time on the 13th will it actually be shut down? 3 AM EST on the 13th? Or will it actually be the early hours of the 14th?
    I don't know of any plans on extending it, I can't give you the exact time as QuartermasterU isn't next to him to ask.
    OK it being 2 days after the above end date any idea now when this years YULE FESTIVAL will end?
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    OK it being 2 days after the above end date any idea now when this years YULE FESTIVAL will end?
    It ends on the 16th.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    It ends on the 16th.
    Edit: Getting my days mixed up, bad me, especially since 16th is my Mum's birthday...
    Last edited by Ranatuor_Erutron; Jan 15 2015 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    It ends on the 16th.
    Don't know if it makes a difference to those who are end-gaming it, but I think he said "goes through the 16th." I also don't know whether that has any actual meaning in this context under the Meaning of the Act, but I think of other things with similar wording as "ends at midnight Eastern Time on that date."
    Tuco of the Quick Post

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Through the 16th would mean through 12 MN PST US, or 3AM (the usual server reset time) Eastern on the 17th. It has been said that turning on events and turning them off isn't automated, so they get turned off one at a time and thus some get to play a bit longer than others.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Question: Shelob think that will be for 2016?
    Its funny because we had just talked about doing a new quest with spiders and I wanted a fluffy bunny instead but they said it wasn't lore appropriate. Whereas I think it would be amazing to have a white bunny quest.
    I think if I was raiding and I saw a arch nemesis bunny I would bravely run away
    Crickhollow-
    r4 lvl 100 - Roelen, Guardian of Lindon
    r1 leveling - Celerad, Captain of Gondor

[B][COLOR=#40E0D0][*]Question: Shelob think that will be for 2016?
    Its funny because we had just talked about doing a new quest with spiders and I wanted a fluffy bunny instead but they said it wasn't lore appropriate. Whereas I think it would be amazing to have a white bunny quest.[/LIST]
    What the heck kind of answer is that?
    pathetic...

Got a question about the upcoming server shutdowns, this one related to those who are stationed overseas and will not be able to access LOTRO till likely after the shutdowns happen.

What are you going to do for those that don't have the chance to get to their vaults and house chests before the shutdowns?
    Will they just lose everything of value to them?

I think a better idea would to leave the servers open just for getting things from house areas, house chests and vaults.
    Remove NPCs (other than the vault and escrow ones), mobs, resource nodes and such.
    Let players who were unable to play LOTRO before the shutdown, for whatever reason, still be able to load their characters and get the things they value.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Roelen View Post
    I think if I was raiding and I saw a arch nemesis bunny I would bravely run away
    Yes, I miss Pookie. I only ever received one pair of bunny slippers.
    Tosaf, Founder Covenant Knights, Guardian,

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Frelorn Q&A 1/15/2015

Thursday Fun with Frelorn 1/15/2015
    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.
    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post. Unless otherwise noted, all Announcements and answers to questions posted are Frelorn's answers. If there is a special guest I will note them answering the questions.

Announcements
    Update 15.2 on Bullroarer the weekend of the 15th.
    Winterstock January 16-19th, Landroval Server at Thorin's Gate. (Apologies notes were not out in time for the event -Eldalleth)

Q&A
    1. What music do you use for the stream Introduction?
      It is the Update 14 Paths of the Dead soundtrack, I believe it should be on Soundcloud. I know we put it up somewhere for you. I'll see if I can find the link and get it put up; I know it exists out there somewhere. *Frelorn*
    2. What is slated for Update 15.2?
      Nothing is set in stone, a lot of it is tentative - no full notes yet. In Windows version of the game, we will now be giving an option for full screen windowed mode. [Eldalleth Note- Bullroarer Build notes are up on the forums- here and here.] The roving threats that were teased previously should be rolling out with 15.2 depending on testing. Pets should no longer attempt to attack enemies that attacked you when you were mounted and are now way out of range.
    3. Frelorn, two questions that were posted in the livestream Q&A and asked to be asked - Dead Marshes (Gilrain) - a friend and I have just done the warbands daily for two months and neither of us have picked up a frog or turtle pet. Could the drop system be broken or do we just keep trying? Most people who got the frog said they got it quite quickly when we asked. Dead Marshes/Central Gondor - what happened with the other frog pets that were meant to be bartered in Central Gondor?
      I would say keep trying and I will also check into it. Very specific questions like that I can't magically get the answer right now. I haven't heard any other reports that its not looking properly, but I will look into it.
    4. Can we see/get a wise word from the new Executive Producer Vyvyanne?
      She is currently in a meeting but I have sent her a message and if she makes it out of the meeting before the stream is over she may try to come and join us.
    5. Any chances this time of a Bullroarer Mac Client Download?
      We tried and something got busted and it was acting like it didn't exist and so the team is still figuring things out. We don't currently have any Mac specific developers at Lotro right now so it's not as simple as clicking a button. They are looking into it and trying to figure it out.
    6. Is there any reason Hobnanigans has to be turned off and be a once-a-month event? Could you not just leave it on so people who have limited time (and aren't always free at the weekends) can just chip away at it - the rewards are low and it's too slow going to get the items you want.
      I will certainly bring it up to the team and see what the thoughts are on that one. I'm not the one that controls that stuff.
    7. Is there an ETA on Lotro Streamers?
      The page is up and I’m waiting on artwork and the email. Basically there will be a thread with more information. It will require an application with your information on when you stream and what you stream, and I will come sit in on one of your streams and tell you if there is anything that needs to be improved or just tell you you’re awesome, etc. Once you go through all that process, I’ll let you know you're in and then give you a stream key and will tell you okay your time slot to play is here. [Eldalleth Note- Thread is now up about Lotro Streamers]
    8. Where can I buy the LOTRO soundtracks? I would like to buy the soundtracks from 2007 when you started to now. All the soundtracks. I checked on LOTRO.com but they do not have it. And Amazon/iTunes only have Riders of Rohan soundtrack.
      The only one we sold I believe was Riders of Rohan and its still on iTunes. A lot of that should be on Soundcloud or even on YouTube. A lot of that was before I got here so I don't have all of the information on it.
    9. If you are in Massachusetts - LOTR Movie Marathon, Feb 28th, 9 a.m. to midnight … Corey Olsen … and I'll be there too!!! And there will be FOOD!! [- Note from Trish Lambert] http://www.mythgard.org/activities/lotr-marathon/
    10. Have you seenArathaert's chicken run? Would you consider doing one on stream?
      Yes I did and have considered it as well as us doing some Epic Battles with the Devs on stream as well as some other things like video content, video dev diaries, etc.
    11. Are there any talks about streaming with the Player Council to expand on current events with them?
      Yes, actually. We are going to do an end of this year's council run, then we will get into the new council and I will have info about new council and old council stuff soon. There will be some different things with this council... more info about that later.
    12. What is your favorite steed? And what's one accomplishment you would like to do but haven't done yet?
      I don't have a favorite steed and I don't know - I've done most things one way or another. I'll have to think about that one.
    13. Per the Producer’s Letter and comments, there will be traditional instances in Osgiliath. Will they be multiple 3- and/or 6-mans? Also, will another epic battle be introduced with it?
      I don't know the number, but there will be 3-man and 6-man instance clusters - think of something like the instance clusters of old. That's about all I have on that right now because I don't have the spec on it in front of me.
    14. What would you most like to see improved, Frelorn ?
      There are a lot of things this game does very well. Given an unlimited budget and all the time in the world there are a few things, not just one thing I could call out with an unlimited budget.
    15. Frelorn, there was something going around that ranked servers in order of population - is that even possible now that that server thing was closed down? (Is it accurate?)
      I hit this up a little bit on Twitter earlier this week. Not on the official one, but on my own personal Twitter here. I looked at some of those things and compared them to what we have internally (and we do have them internally). We don't necessarily rank them by population, but we have a big ol’ population chart that shows totals hour-by-hour and when everyone is logged in, peak currencies and all the important population numbers. The numbers I was seeing on the forums were not in line with what I was seeing, so while they were saying they were pulling the data from the launcher, I have no insight to where they were pulling it from as it wasn't shared.

We have been seeing some really good numbers. Yes, there are some that are definitely lower populations than others, there is no doubt about that, but let's be honest here: we are approaching our 8th anniversary, and to never have had to combine servers or make any of those adjustments (in fact I think we even added servers at one point) is a pretty amazing feat. So the numbers they were putting out were wrong and lower than what they are. Again, show me another MMO that in the 8th year of their life or during their life had to add servers, other than WoW. (You can't ever compare any other game to WoW. It's just not feasible.) So if you take WoW away from the conversation, what we have done with LOTRO is pretty amazing and I'm pretty proud of everybody.

But again, we want the best experience possible for all of our players. If that means bringing more of you together... Sometimes we need to be reminded that MMO means massively multiplayer online, and we see a lot of complaints of “I like being on the low pop server” or “I like being all by myself.” Well, as much as we would like to give everyone the exact experience that they want individually, we have to look at what's best for the whole and not just the individual. We try our best to balance it, but that would be impossible. I challenge you to show me any game that has done that. So if the majority of people want more player base that's what we are going to get them.
    16. Will you be able to bring back the leaderboards back soon?
      No. That is in the same area as the lotteries and that area is a combination of web and development and backend ton of work. It’s rather daunting when you see what they would have to do: basically rebuild the system all over again. Time would be better spent on things in the game.

Note from Eldalleth- In trying to make doing the transcripts a little less labor intensive I am trying out a new color, one that is not one that I have to code. Please let me know if this color makes the questions hard to read and I will do my best to find one that works better. Thanks for your patience.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Jan 22 2015 at 01:25 AM.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

Thank you so much to the person who asked my questions on here, really appreciate it

Note from Eldalleth- In trying to make doing the transcripts a little less labor intensive I am trying out a new color, one that is not one that I have to code. Please let me know if this color makes the questions hard to read and I will do my best to find one that works better. Thanks for your patience.
    For me colors are OK, and thanks for your hard work!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Colors seem fine to me. And thank you for doing this.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    The colors are fine to me.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranatuor_Erutron View Post
    Thank you so much to the person who asked my questions on here, really appreciate it
    That would be me and your quite welcome. I will try when I see them in time to ask ones that are posted in this thread People are also welcome to send me a private message with some if its really close to stream time because that I get a notification in my email for. This post I don't always.

Answers to Questions for Frelorn.

1- Where to get the LOTRO Music:
    • The Original "Shadows of Angmar" sound track appeared as a CD with the original boxed game distribution.
    • The "Mines of Moria" sound track appeared as a CD with the Collector's Edition of Mines of Moria.
    • The Riders of Rohan sound tracks are availble in iTunes or on Chance Thomas' web site. (Album: Lord of the Rings online: Riders of Rohan.)
      A number of the tunes from that Album are also available on You-tube.
    • The Helm's Deep tracks are on Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/turbinegames/...e-rings-online

* While they were testing the now defunct "Turbine Dowload Manager" (TDM) Turbine released two ziped MP3 files -- one of DDO music and one of LOTRO music.
    I have those two files on my personal website:
    http://www.mcgillsociety.org/PyLotRO/index.html#MUSIC

2- It's not rocket science... (just HTML)
    * Any chances this time of a Bullroarer Mac Client Download?
    We tried and something got busted and it was acting like it didn't exist and so the team is still figuring things out. We don't currently have any Mac specific developers at Lotro right now so it's not as simple as clicking a button. They are looking into it and trying to figure it out.
    I have a copy of the original Mac Bullroarer Client .dmg file as Turbine first released it on my personal web site:
    http://www.mcgillsociety.org/PyLotRO/index.html#BULLROARER]

For what it's worth - I'm not convinced that Turbine has ever had any Mac specific developers on staff.
    Everything about the original Mac Client implies that it was a "contract job." And, other than the first week of the RoR Beta, no blue-name has ever responded to any Mac post.

And yes, I've been almost single-handedly supporting the Mac Client for LOTRO since it was released.
    Just go visit the Mac Technical Forum and count the number of Blue-name posts.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

You're a great contributor to this game, in many different ways, Valamar.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    You're a great contributor to this game, in many different ways, Valamar.

Thanks.
    Much agreed. Thanks, Valamar!

I could say the same about you as well, Thurallor.

I've heard, Eldalleth, that you ask Frelorn any questions that are posted on this thread (and because they come from you, he tends to answer them), so I'd very much appreciate it if you could ask him these two questions:

1. Why was the decision made to give a slotted pocket item as a reward for the roving threats, as opposed to a cloak, considering that the pocket item isn't as good as the BB jewellery, and we've not had a decent cloak (particularly for might classes) since level 95?

2. As there isn't going to be a level cap increase this year, what is the purpose of making our Legendary Items level with us? Wasn't that the whole point of the legendary item revamp?

Thank you
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast